Play.com is shipping now...

In fairness, once it leaves the ShopTo warehouse its out of their hands. So you can't really blame them for it not turning up - its the bloody Royal Mail!

Like I said in the FIFA 10 thread, I ALWAYS use ShopTo and this is the first time a game hasn't turned up on the Thursday. Guess thats the postal strikes taking their toll.

Fair point, I'm not aware of any strikes locally but perhaps somewhere nearer to the warehouse is where the problem lies.

I really am gutted and in a quandary about what my plan B is now. I have tomorrow off but was planning to be playing it until the early hours tonight.

Fair point, I'm not aware of any strikes locally but perhaps somewhere nearer to the warehouse is where the problem lies.

I really am gutted and in a quandary about what my plan B is now. I have tomorrow off but was planning to be playing it until the early hours tonight.

Well, ShopTo can thank the Royal Mail for losing £35 from me. I'm gonna pick it up from our 24 hour Asda tonight for £25 then send my ShopTo order back.

What about the Royal Mail parcel van? I've often had games put together with other parcels. Those vans can deliver any time up till 1pm, so you may still get it yet.

There's definately strikes affecting us, mate. I've got stuff sent last week Friday that I still haven't got yet.

Post has been and no game from...err.. Game.

:CRY:

Of course, it's meant to arrive on the release date, but it's almost expected these days for it to arrive Thursday.

There's definately strikes affecting us, mate. I've got stuff sent last week Friday that I still haven't got yet.

I know you've had probs but in work we see two postmen a day (Bootle) and at home my wife has been keeping an eye out and a postie has been in our street (Mossley Hill) every day.

{confused}

I think the problem is that even though your area may not be affected by the postal strike, if mail has to pass through sorting offices that are on strike (ie the sorting office local to the place that the game is being sent) then deliveries will be delayed. This is the reason I cancelled my Shopto pre-order and will pick it up from Asda tonight.

Yep, the posties are still turning up, just not with what you're expecting. They'll deliver stuff send after what I'm expecting, and then the stuff sent first arrives last. Been like this for a week or two now and the strikes are messing everything up.

I'm guessing people in sorting offices just aren't getting stuff put out properly, nothing is being sent as it should be.

I'm getting bills delivered but not the games which were sent before the bills :(

Edit: What Kamy said, basically.

Mine didn't come, i'm disappointed but I can't really complain as it's not officially released until tomorrow and I can't blame ShopTo as they did their job correctly - send out the game first class recorded delivery yesterday...

That's weird, on Gameplay when i look at my order, the despatch date is now empty, just a "-". Previously it read 30/09/09 - 01/10/09. Hmm.

Edit: some problem with my card/payment. Only found out because i asked them. Will buy it in town tomorrow.

Last edited:
Apparently Tesco will be selling FIFA 10 for £24.97 from midnight tonight until Sunday.
I know we're doing a midnight launch but not sure at what price. I cant really check up on it until its actually out. But I really wish you're right.
A bit gutted cuz I finish work at 10pm so I'll have missed out by just 2 hours and can't be bothered to drive back to work that late.
I've texted the person who deals with it the CDs and games to put one aside for me but she comes in at around 10am tomorrow morning. I hope they're not all gone by then.

My GAME order didn't arrive, express delivery my arse. :CONFUSE:

Paying £15 more than some places and getting it at best, a day late.

Not impressed.

If you pre-order a game the least the company can do is get it to you on the release date, They knew the situation with the Royal Mail strikes, but still despatched it on the Wednesday,the games should have been sent out 1 or 2 days earlier to compensate for that. So in my opinion it is their fault, fuck 'em they've lost my custom.

royalFail.jpg

My Gameplay order didn't arrive either, so I just cancelled it and bought it in Tesco for £25.

My ShopTo version still hasn't come :LOL:.

So what is everyone going to do next year? Personally i'm going to not pre-order it and just get it in a shop... It was £10 cheaper anyway and it will probably be the same next year considering they have sold FIFA 09 and now 10 for £25 on release day.

So what is everyone going to do next year? Personally i'm going to not pre-order it and just get it in a shop... It was £10 cheaper anyway and it will probably be the same next year considering they have sold FIFA 09 and now 10 for £25 on release day.

You're joking Rob?
Did you pick a copy up elsewhere? I'd be fuming mate:RANT::RANT:
Mine came Saturday morning, was out all day so expected the postie to take it back with him, but he just posted it through unsigned.
Next year will be doing the same as you and calling in at a supermarket on my way to work.

You're joking Rob?
Did you pick a copy up elsewhere? I'd be fuming mate:RANT::RANT:
Mine came Saturday morning, was out all day so expected the postie to take it back with him, but he just posted it through unsigned.
Next year will be doing the same as you and calling in at a supermarket on my way to work.
Yeah I got it in Toys 'r Us (:LOL:) on Friday, went to 2 Tescos and 2 ASDAs but all were out of stock so went to Toys 'r Us as a last resort and there was loads in stock for £25!

Shit, I've got PES2010 and Forza 3 preordered with ShopTo.:CONFUSE:

They've never let me down in the past, and I like the fact that they use recorded delivery. I take it this is the postal strike at work? (or not at work).

Anyone know what shopto's returns are like? I've read the t&c's on the website but wondered if anyone had done it before? Was it easy enough?

My shopto order came on Saturday but I bought it cheaper before it arrived.

Back
Top Bottom