1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Play.com is shipping now...

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by bluemonkeymagic, 25 September 2009.

1. bluemonkeymagic

bluemonkeymagic League 1

27 April 2003
    Birmingham
    Last edited by a moderator: 25 September 2009
  2. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Surely not, that's a mistake by their server surely?

3. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    Could be they're shipping now to avoid delays due to the postal strikes in certain areas of the UK.

4. bluemonkeymagic

bluemonkeymagic League 1

27 April 2003
    Birmingham
    its been on since about 4pm today, been able to check out as normal, on route now!

5. winston

winston Champions League

7 August 2005
    Could be they've accidentally-on-purpose advertised they're shipping now to lure prospective customers to them rather than the competition, only to correct their website next week to give the true shipping date.

6. bluemonkeymagic

bluemonkeymagic League 1

27 April 2003
    Birmingham
    I have completed the check out, go try it...it goes straight through like a normal order!!

7. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Sounds accurate to me.

Surely they can't break the release date by a week, strikes or no strikes... EA would be furious...

8. Scutch

Scutch Futsal Master

31 October 2006
    Cumbria, UK
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Interesting indeed.

9. Radiation

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    How is it classed as breaking the street date if they start shipping over the weekend instead of tuesday/wednesday?

10. Dazfeeder

Dazfeeder Harvester of Sorrow

24 September 2003
    Manchester United
    thats wicked, Hopefully i will get mine early too

11. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Shipping the day before release is different than shipping A WEEK before release.

I vaguely remember this happening before, with the situation that winston described, but I can't remember if it was Play or not. But this is the first time I would have ever seen a game sent out this early, and it's not like there haven't been postal strikes before.

12. Dazfeeder

24 September 2003
    Manchester United
    I think its great, considering i have the dentist on thursday, so i wont be in the mood to play it then lol

13. bluemonkeymagic

bluemonkeymagic League 1

27 April 2003
    Birmingham
    the difference is they're selling it now before everyone else...legally, every one else is allowed to sell it now...its competition rules

14. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    That's true, but I've been in this situation before and you need to prove it to the guys you want to release the game early. So you'll need to call Play, then get a contact name and number, then ring e.g. ShopTo and get them to ring that person and confirm it.

Only needs one person to do it though at least. ;)

15. Radiation

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    Can't they just avoid being classed as 'selling' by just shipping and taking money next week?

16. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    As if they'd ever give you something without taking the money first. ;)

If they do start shipping I'll be very interested to see what they have to say about it, what their reasoning is etc...

17. winston

winston Champions League

7 August 2005
    I think I'll just leave it. I don't even live by the sea, so I don't how the ship will get down my street.

18. YoungGun_UK

YoungGun_UK 20 TIMES!

12 July 2007
    UK
    Manchester United
    Anyone Pre Ordered from Gameplay? Should I expect it for Thursday?

19. fatlip180

fatlip180 League 1

19 October 2004
    Liverpool FC
    maybe its to combat the illegal activities going on?

If this is true then i must say bravo EA, finally someone prepared to combat pirates, rather than staying stubborn to the release date

20. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    I agree entirely, but it wouldn't happen that quickly, surely. It's outside of work hours and it's the weekend tomorrow as well.

21. fatlip180

fatlip180 League 1

19 October 2004
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah suppose Chris, but all it would take would be an email to stores to say there on the way and you can sell when you get them..

EDIT: assuming they dont already have them

22. Tom

Tom likes turtles Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    No warez talk here, stick to the topic, guys.

23. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

Play.com shipping now means you'll probably get it in a couple of weeks... they have been :CENSOR: the last few times i've used them.

24. Dazfeeder

24 September 2003
    Manchester United
    I used them for ghostbusters and got it early, hopefully will with FIFA

25. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Unless I've missed something, how is this warez talk!?

26. Dazfeeder

24 September 2003
    Manchester United
    he deleted loads of posts mate

27. SPMC

SPMC MY last WE07JLCC banners:

22 February 2004
    califas norte
    have they packaged it, and dipatched it though?

28. Keith Houchen

Keith Houchen League 2

8 November 2006
    We get this every year with Play.com. They do indeed change their order status to 'shipping' ridiculously early - and it STAYS that way until the Wednesday (sometimes the Tuesday). Only then do all those 'shipping' orders become 'shipped'. How many extra orders do you think this tactic hoovers up for them in the meantime? Exactly.

I used Play.com for years and saw them use this early 'shipping' tactic without fail year in, year out. They're using it again this year, and the forums are getting excited again. Don't be fooled.

They'll still get the orders out on Tues/Weds and many will get it a day early, but most will 'only' get it on the Friday. Some on the Saturday. (An unlucky few on the Monday.)

I think it was in the year of PES6 that they messed up with me and I didn't get the game until the following Monday morning. I switched to GAME.co.uk and I've always had my new games on the Thursday ever since. That does me.

Last edited: 26 September 2009
  29. bsmaff

bsmaff Champions League

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    Seems alot of companies are doing the same.
    My order is currently on awaiting dispatch from Tesco and should be dispatched within 24 hours

30. Scutch

Scutch Futsal Master

31 October 2006
    Cumbria, UK
    Tottenham Hotspur
    If that is accurate, you should - in theory - be able to go to any Tesco store and just buy over the counter.