PES6 Tricks, moves, and various changes from PES5 (including video examples)

Before shelling out the money for a legit PES6 game, I downloaded it to try it and I'm glad I did. The disk is now in the bin.
What an absolute pile of shit this game is. PES5 had it's faults but this is a huge backwards step. There are a few changes for the better such as the cpu now occasionally gets cards but there are so many bad things that I an seriously thinking of checking out another game after sticking with PES since the SNES.

PES5 reinstalled for now. Maybe I'll have to try and find an up to date option file for it.

Before shelling out the money for a legit PES6 game, I downloaded it to try it and I'm glad I did. The disk is now in the bin.
What an absolute pile of shit this game is. PES5 had it's faults but this is a huge backwards step. There are a few changes for the better such as the cpu now occasionally gets cards but there are so many bad things that I an seriously thinking of checking out another game after sticking with PES since the SNES.

PES5 reinstalled for now. Maybe I'll have to try and find an up to date option file for it.

You have the same feelings as alot of others. I find PES6 boring because when comparing it to real-life, some things are just way off. Players often cannot receive the ball in motion, but have to stop when receiving the ball (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3asG8jTYnmc) even though any real human could easily have kicked it ahead and run after it.

I also think the passing, shooting, goalkeepers are all poorer than PES5. In short there isn't much in it for me to play PES6. Goalkeepers during freekicks are so far beyond realistic I find it insane it passed testing.

The only things that are good is the added animations for passing and longpassing, and shooting also feels a bit more authentic with new animations that gives the impression you really are shooting on a ball, especially for harder shots.

Also, try and get a hold of Winning Eleven 9: Liveware Evolution if you like PES5. It is a tad sharper than PES5. There is translation packs and such so you won't have to know asian languages. :)

Marukomu I have exactly the same feelings as you, I wish there was an up to date patch/option file somewhere (or even a link to Superpatch 4 that works).
I really am having fun on PES5 now, I am not just playing it to say "Haha PES6 is shit, I'm playing PES5" I am actually enjoying playing it.
I think some of the new animations suck, the 1 handed keeper dive where he doesn't move sideways and the shot animation where the player kicks his other leg up which looks gay.

I played my mate yesterday in an online match on PES6 and all I was thinking throughout, how slow and shit is this?! I scored a 40 yarder with Luque and 2 30 yarders with Dyer, realistic? I think not.

I will download the demos of both Fifa 08 and PES7 and see what they are like.

In the PES6, the ball is made of shit. At the strat of the game it is quite hard and by the end it is soft and sticky.

In the PES6, the ball is made of shit. At the strat of the game it is quite hard and by the end it is soft and sticky.
LOL! Everything in PES6 is made of shit, the players, the fans, the stadium, the goals, the pitch. PES6 is shit.

I think this proves how unrealistic the shooting is in PES6...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUo2EVs6kh4&mode=user&search=
Agreed?
I scored that btw against my mate online is a friendly game.

Agreed. And I also have a problem with that one-handed save. Unless the ball is very high up above him, the goalkeeper is almost always going to have a shorter distance to the ball is he uses the hand/arm on the side of the body the ball is. In this video, it looks awkward how the goalkeeper tries to reach the ball with the "wrong" arm.

haha i thought i was one of the few who felt this way about pes6. the first touch needs to be improved in the future to add to the realism of the game

Agreed. And I also have a problem with that one-handed save. Unless the ball is very high up above him, the goalkeeper is almost always going to have a shorter distance to the ball is he uses the hand/arm on the side of the body the ball is. In this video, it looks awkward how the goalkeeper tries to reach the ball with the "wrong" arm.

sometimes it happens though, did you never see any goal in real life like that. and in pes5 i always score in first seconf when the game starts or after i conced a goal. is that realistic? there are something unrealistic, i admit it but you can not play closer to real life yet. we will in the future but not now.

sometimes it happens though, did you never see any goal in real life like that. and in pes5 i always score in first seconf when the game starts or after i conced a goal. is that realistic? there are something unrealistic, i admit it but you can not play closer to real life yet. we will in the future but not now.

Goalkeepers definitely do that save in real life. But it almost only happens when the ball is very high up and to the side. In PES you see goalkeepers doing them (and missing the ball) in situations where they only had to put out their other arm aswell and they would have saved the ball. I am not complaining about the animation itself, I am complaining about the programming for it, it is used far too often and in situations where a real life goalkeeper clearly wouldn't have used it. ;)

It happens automatically in certain shot situations where a player with low "weak foot frequency" would normally use his weak foot. Because of the low frequency for the weak foot he will instead wrap his strong foot around the back and shoot with that instead.

Also in PES I believe the "Technique" stat matters, meaning a player also needs to be quite technically gifted to do it, apart from being very one-footed.

What about the R2 Sidestep, in the ingame tutorial there it is but you don't need the R2 button for a sidestop, just change the direction to 90°. Perhaps i misunderstand something? I don't mean the new move which some players like C. Ronaldo do.

What about the R2 Sidestep, in the ingame tutorial there it is but you don't need the R2 button for a sidestop, just change the direction to 90°. Perhaps i misunderstand something? I don't mean the new move which some players like C. Ronaldo do.

R2 is in PES2008 used to go into a sort of "dribble" mode, where the player will move slowly and use more technique when moving.

Anyways, with the help of a user on these forums I did notice that there is automatic sidestepping in the game.

It only happens when you are moving in the direction of your opponents "half" of the pitch, and turn 90 degrees. Moving in any other direction before moving in 90 degrees gives a proper "turn" without sidestepping.

R2 sidestepping in the situation where the game would perform an automatic sidestep, seems to give a slightly different sidestep, but the automatic one is fairly similar still.

Why KONAMI decided to include this automatic sidestepping when facing in the general direction of the opponents half beats me, I think it needs to be taken out. I hate inconsistency, and if the player moves a certain way in some situations, then he should move that way in all situations. We have R2 for sidestepping, so I can myself decide when I want to use it.

Back
Top Bottom