PES6 Tricks, moves, and various changes from PES5 (including video examples)

Yeah, that's the same game.
If you were side by side with another player and kept tapping X you could nudge and shove the other player, do it too much or too quickly and you give a foul, I thought that was great.
I didn't use that thing to make the other player miss the header but it is things like this that would add to the realism. A very short tap of circle could chip the ball up to yourself for a volley, Circle+X would do a shoulder barge and lots more moves I have forgotten. So many things I liked about that game gone in future versions.
I would have thought the game would be made by some of the same people as the overall feel seems similar. If, let's say, the ISS2000 engine was kept, built on and improved we would have a much better game than the one PES uses now. Running at a defender in ISS2000 felt so much realistic than in PES6 to me.

I am a super cancel user as well, I use it for shot fakes and from standing still a lot as well as intercepting passes, defending and all sorts of ways for attacking (like the ones you mentioned). It is a very good move and adds freedom to the play, one of the major reasons I dislike FIfa as well.

P.S. - Your posts are the most true, informative and useful posts I have seen on any forum. Keep up the great work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's the same game.
If you were side by side with another player and kept tapping X you could nudge and shove the other player, do it too much or too quickly and you give a foul, I thought that was great.
I didn't use that thing to make the other player miss the header but it is things like this that would add to the realism. A very short tap of circle could chip the ball up to yourself for a volley, Circle+X would do a shoulder barge and lots more moves I have forgotten. So many things I liked about that game gone in future versions.

I remember those now aswell. The way you could hold up a player if he was close to you and sort of add friction between him and you to slow him down. And the shoulder barge I remember very well. Especially the sound effect and how the other player would stop dead in his tracks and fall over if you did it (and the usually resulting red card... :D).

ISS'98 was the better for me, but in terms of playability, ISS2000 is incredible. You could curl everything in that game with the Z-button (on N64), including throw-ins and headers if I remember correctly. Also the cool feature you mention where the player would flip up the ball straight up if you pressed lob button while not moving, and how the player would continue to juggle the ball if you held the button. Awesome. :)

WOuld be cool to know who was the original game designers. WOuld be so sad if they scaled all the cool features away from the ISS series. Sure it was more arcade style, but most of the key features should have been saved (including full analog support, and some of the cool little neat things you could do (ISS2000 had a move where you pressed 2 buttons and the player tried to strike the ball between a players legs and run beside him to catch the ball on the other side. Never worked but hey...)) :)

Yeah, it's the shot button. When I press it, my enthusiasm drops like a rock.

I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere. :)

As for being serious, there is no deliberate dive button as far as I, or anyone else I believe, knows. There has been talk about people wanting to implement it, but examples in the past in other video game franchiseshave mostly proven that it's only a matter of time before someone finds a way to abuse it, and after that it's no fun no longer.

Although I know that the old ISS2000 / ISS98 for the N64 and PSX had a dive feature. Basically, you had to wait till your player was fouled slightly (so that he stumbled and lost his balance for a moment) and then you pressed Pass + Shoot (I think) to make the player not try and stay on his feet but rather just jump in a comical fashion (1998 animations...).

And in the 98 version it was a very nice touch. It hardly payed off, but if you were down a goal in the WC finals with one minute left, you were in the opponents area and the referee was buying hotdogs, then it could occasionally give you a penalty or a good freekick.

So I suppose it is all about how you implement it. If implemented it should definately come with an off-button for those who do not want these kinds of things to ruin their games (they will have to settle for the referee making his own stupid decisions ;)).

it shows the tactics you've selected, like offside trap, pressing etc.

All the bugs, after months of me trying to ignore them have finally gotten to me and started to annoy me.
All of the football games at the moment are way way below the standard they should be. After all, football is very popular and the games quality should reflect that.

So games like CS:S and Half Life are brilliant, since when has shooting people been as popular as football?

erm since one cave dude banged some other cave dude with a club on the head for a piece of T-rex stake...killing eachother [when not killing all other lifeforms on this planet] is the first and ultimate sport... what we do best

I'm still playing PES5 and noticed that the option files will be deleted tomorrow. As I want to update the option file, should I get PES6. Is there much difference between the two?

I'm still playing PES5 and noticed that the option files will be deleted tomorrow. As I want to update the option file, should I get PES6. Is there much difference between the two?
No, I suggest you don't bother getting PES6 because it is utter shit to be honest.
Messed up the passing, lobs and shooting.
I prefer PES5 gameplay.

I will have to agree, PES5 is better. PES6 tries t oplay a more realistic game, and often does, but the way somethings are absolute poo-poo, I just cannot stand it. When going back and forth between the 2 versions, PES5 (or WE9:LE in my case) just gives me a "ahhhh" feeling. Sure, the gameplay might be older than PES6, but the basics are rock solid, and that is what maters in the end for me.

Lately in PES6, what has bothered me the most is how hard it is to move your players where you want to. Players will often stop when receiving the ball even though you want to kick it ahead and run immediately.

For example this move (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0qU2Tfn168) has been made almost impossible to do. No matter how much you hold a direction and press/tap/hold R1 the player will almost never do it. Only occasionally with decent players do you do it. Sometimes a player will even trap a very slow ball (despite me holding R1 wanting him to run like the wind immediately), that even grandma Smith aged 98 could have received without having to stop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3asG8jTYnmc)

Add to that the fact that passspeeds have been made alot slower (meaning that since you cannot yourself determine the speed you want, you are left with the AI making too-slow passes alot of times, alot of times they just don't put their foot through enough, they look like they just had a pedicure and don't want to damage their toenails). And the shooting is horrible at times, with the powerbar going up to more than halfway when you tap the button (meaning that in some situations, the player will shoot it over the bar no matter how quickly and softly you tap that button.

Overall, just stick with trusty PES5 until KONAMI get back on track, because PES6 is in many ways better (new animations, more tricks etc), but in equally many ways also a letdown and a mess to play, not just in terms of gameplay being bad, but in terms of the game often not doing what you want it to do, whether it is wanting to make a hard pass to avoid an opponent intercepting, or wanting to tap a shot in and the player shooting it 3m over the bar.

Last edited:
Is anyone still updating option files for PES5 then? What do you do Rob, do you do your own?
Is anyone still updating option files for PES5 then? What do you do Rob, do you do your own?
I don't play PES much at the moment but when I play PES5 i just play it with the original option file with old transfers.
I was at my mates house a few days ago and we had a game of PES5 and I felt the same way, it just felt so much smoother fluid. When you score a good goal you don't just think "Oh well, that happens all the time". The passing was a lot better, the shooting was a lot better.

Overall, PES5 > PES6.

I don't play PES much at the moment but when I play PES5 i just play it with the original option file with old transfers.
I was at my mates house a few days ago and we had a game of PES5 and I felt the same way, it just felt so much smoother fluid. When you score a good goal you don't just think "Oh well, that happens all the time". The passing was a lot better, the shooting was a lot better.

Overall, PES5 > PES6.

Yup. The passing in PES5 is so much faster and the ball bounces and "lives", whilst in PES6 often the ball seems glued to the ground, not bouncing at all, only vibrating quickly up and down slightly.

For example, look at these passes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qJX0Nb7VuE

They hardly lift off the ground at all. And the passspeed is outrageously slow as you can see from the video. It's just boring to pass. PES5 has quicker passes, and better player response when receiving passes. = More fun. :)

I scored an amazing goal with Lampard a few days ago on PES5, might upload here if I can be bothered to record :p.
Early cross got headed away, Lampard chests it up, lets it bounce and come back up then volleys from 40 yards into the far top corner. That felt so good to score and you feel as if you timed it/powered it right, whereas in PES6 it is just the norm, I scored a 30 yarder with Gary Neville once =/.

The game seems to flow and be more free, PES6 feels a bit scripted imo, not as bad as Fifa but still a bit scripted.
Also, noobs online on PES6 can win just by using Inter and cutbacking. That is because the AI almost plays the game for you in PES6, not much super cancel needed. In PES5 the guy who used super cancel effectively could just tear apart the noob.
And it is way too easy to skin defenders in PES6.
The keepers are smarter as well I think, I hate that 1 handed dive in PES6.
Having so much fun now, gonna start a Master League :). Anyone know where I can get the latest Superpatch (4?)?

i played pes5 yesterday on my xbox360 & it feelt so much better, it is more exiting game overall compared to boring pes6 on xbox360. passes are less accurated in pes5, but they are alot faster & the ball baunces more realisticly, yes
scoring goals was again great fun, the only problem with it is the ref, but overall the gameplay feelt great

Oh schmeichel... tips on tackling.

It's all about timing. With experience you will get used to predicting what players will do but the most effective is to try and hit them stright on or slightly from the side rather than from behind.. because your player has more control. However, if you are from behind.. try applying pressure with :x: sometimes this will put the player off.. but be careful you don't foul.

Your normal tackle (:x:) button is most effective at stealing and controlling the ball after a tackle and doesn't cause too many fouls. I once got told to rarely use my slide tackle button (:circle:) because of the danger of giving away free kicks and receiving red/yellow cards for doing so. BUT don't be deterred, slide tackle can be very effective if used well. Again with slide tackle apprach from the front or slightly from the slide and you will be successful although your control will be less than using the normal tackle. Never from behind - will be instant yellow or in some cases (last man/very poor tackle) will result in stright red.

Also, note that holding the normal tackle button (:x:) whilst challenging a player will apply pressure to them and often put them off the shot/pass. Also, use :square: to apply pressure from other players especially if you have a lot of defenders.

To conclude - use :x: and :square: as the most effective ways of tackling. However, :circle: can be effective but use sparingly - as they can often give away free kicks and result in yellow/red cards.

Hope this helps.

Matt

say, are you a fifa player?
pressing :x: is like cheating and it turns pro into a rats football.
Theres more fun without it and its fucking gay, retard
:roll:

say, are you a fifa player?
pressing :x: is like cheating and it turns pro into a rats football.
Theres more fun without it and its fucking gay, retard
:roll:

X just makes the player move automatically towards the ball, which in certain cases is necessary since the 8-way digital does not really allow for precise movements.

And using it too much is not going to work, you need to use it only in the proper place, since the player will usually stick out his foot or such when you use it, and if you miss the ball, you are easily had by an opponent.

Is it just me ot does PES5 seem less "8-way" I know it technically still is but when you control the ball it doesn't always go off dead on those 8 angles like in PES6.

Rob92: I know what you mean. I haven't noticed it myself, haven't really gone quickly between the 2.

When you are on the ball in PES, the moves are generally pretty rigid. You turn 45 degrees, and the player will turn like a robot (touch the ball in the proper direction, and then turn his body quickly in that direction, you know the deal).

But off the ball, you can obviously turn a bit more freely, since the player doesn't need to touch the ball in the direction he wants to turn. And in PES5, the players seem to have a certain looseness when turning. They don't turn immediately when you move the stick, but instead they turn quite smoothly and slowly in a way that makes it seem less rigid. because of this slight sluggishness, it is possible to run for example "right-right-up (or east-north-east on compass) by wiggling the stick from "right" to "up-right" quickly. The sluggishness of the player turning smoothes out the digital directions and makes it smoother and less obvious that you are only working with 8 directions. I suppose this is what you are referring to.

And I suppose they could have made the player quicker to turn with in PES6, which means that this slight smoothing is made less obvious. I'll have to onsider that next time I play PES6. :)

And noticing you were talking about "Ball control", I suppose I don't really know hehe. But I will say this, PES looks really rigid when turning on the ball, and the announcement of 16-way control in PES7 (not analog that I want, but better than 8-way) is atleast something to look forward to. :)

Last edited:
Nice, 16-way would be great for passing with :) Looking forward to that.
I am never ever playing PES6 again, I have uninstalled it. I simply hate it now, never said that about a PES before (plenty of times about Fifa :p) I can still play PES5 and enjoy it for hours and hours even after playing it almost full-time and really addicted to it for about 400 (or more) hours of gameplay when it was about 4 months old.
That variation and replayability is unique to PES5, I have never played a game so addictive as PES5, it's like a drug :p. Starting to get addicted to it again, majorly. Gonna start a new master league with the defaults with the original database. Can't beat the good fun with an unpatched PES5 playing as the defaults :).
Need to do challenge training first to unlock 6* :) (Why was that removed? I love it!)

Gonna go and play it now :).

Nice, 16-way would be great for passing with :) Looking forward to that.
I am never ever playing PES6 again, I have uninstalled it. I simply hate it now, never said that about a PES before (plenty of times about Fifa :p) I can still play PES5 and enjoy it for hours and hours even after playing it almost full-time and really addicted to it for about 400 (or more) hours of gameplay when it was about 4 months old.
That variation and replayability is unique to PES5, I have never played a game so addictive as PES5, it's like a drug :p. Starting to get addicted to it again, majorly. Gonna start a new master league with the defaults with the original database. Can't beat the good fun with an unpatched PES5 playing as the defaults :).
Need to do challenge training first to unlock 6* :) (Why was that removed? I love it!)

Gonna go and play it now :).

Hehe, yeah, I also prefer PES5 to PES6.

Whenever I go between the 2 games, with PES5 I just breathe a sigh of relief. Passes are strong and bouncy, shots are powerful, and the players can actually receive the ball properly without sometimes stopping for no reason when you really want to immediately move in a direction. There is alot more fluidity in PES5. I have seen PES6 being advertiset as being more fluid, but whenever you pass the ball around, there are always plyers who trap the ball and stop even though you are holding R1 and a direction for the player to kick the ball ahead and sprint immediately (you want to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0qU2Tfn168, but the player does this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3asG8jTYnmc).

Atleast in PES5 the players do what you want them to, even though pES6 have slightly nicer animations for longpasses etc, and shots (not a fan of the toepokes though that happen if you are slightly to far away from the ball when you press shot, and the player reaches out and pokes it instead of waiting to get closer to the ball and strike a normal shot).

I love the PES5 volleys, they do that dipping thing a lot more :) can make some spectacular goals...
I scored one just like Joe Coles v Sweden in the World Cup ages ago on PES5, I deleted all the replays etc though when I got PES6, thinking I would never play it again. One of my best PES goals.

Hehe my best ever goal on a game though was on PES4 with Roy Keane. 50 , curled like mad on the half volley into the top corner on the far side. Oh man, I wish I had recorded that, no noob would be saying "I have seen better" :p.
My best ever PES memories are when I was round my mates house playing a Master League on 5* as Celtic (me and my mate on the same team) so much funny stuff happened on the one day...
We were continuing a master league from the last time I was round his house (we got quite near the end of the season) and going on the last game of the season we had Dynamo Kiev, we needed a win to be promoted to D1.
We went 1-0 behind because of an AI cheat (sort of :p) then we pulled the goal back in the 70th min. Then in stoppage time my mate did the L1+Circle early cross/clearance from half way into our half, it bounced just before the keeper, took a dodgy bounce, went over him and went in!!! Adam Virgo! LOL! I laughed so hard I could hardly breathe :D. It won us the game and we got promoted.
Then in the negotiations, we did the weirdest move ever. Got Harry Kewell on a free transfer on the first round, then on the second round, traded him for Cristiano Ronaldo without offering any extra points. LOL! A player comes in one week and is traded for another much better one the next! So funny!

I love the PES5 volleys, they do that dipping thing a lot more :) can make some spectacular goals...
I scored one just like Joe Coles v Sweden in the World Cup ages ago on PES5, I deleted all the replays etc though when I got PES6, thinking I would never play it again. One of my best PES goals.

Hehe my best ever goal on a game though was on PES4 with Roy Keane. 50 , curled like mad on the half volley into the top corner on the far side. Oh man, I wish I had recorded that, no noob would be saying "I have seen better" :p.
My best ever PES memories are when I was round my mates house playing a Master League on 5* as Celtic (me and my mate on the same team) so much funny stuff happened on the one day...
We were continuing a master league from the last time I was round his house (we got quite near the end of the season) and going on the last game of the season we had Dynamo Kiev, we needed a win to be promoted to D1.
We went 1-0 behind because of an AI cheat (sort of :p) then we pulled the goal back in the 70th min. Then in stoppage time my mate did the L1+Circle early cross/clearance from half way into our half, it bounced just before the keeper, took a dodgy bounce, went over him and went in!!! Adam Virgo! LOL! I laughed so hard I could hardly breathe :D. It won us the game and we got promoted.
Then in the negotiations, we did the weirdest move ever. Got Harry Kewell on a free transfer on the first round, then on the second round, traded him for Cristiano Ronaldo without offering any extra points. LOL! A player comes in one week and is traded for another much better one the next! So funny!

Hehe. My best goal ever was made on PES4 on the Xbox.

I was playing with Brazil + 2 created players (of me and a friend). A defender headed out a ball away from the opposition goal. The ball bounces once, and then just before the 2nd bounce, my mates player suckerpunches the ball. Still to this day the best ball hit for me on PES, and I've played it ALOT. It get's an incredible dip, and curls away from the goalkeeper into the far corner. The goalkeeper doesn't even move, and this was from 30 meters out. it wasn't even in the top corner, the ball had so much dip from the volley it went much to high for the keeper to reach, yet it went in between midheight and the bar of the goal. Ohh the memories. :)

That is a bug or glitch. The player somehow manages to strike the ball on his own foot. It's not a "move" per se, it's just something that might happen very rarely. ;)

Hey some1 plz tell me how to do this quaresma trick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk7FgKXO4ns) it is at 1:13-1:14 and 1:29 - 1:30. i just dicovered in new winnin elven on pc that u can do it by pressing the r2 button in comibantion with some other, but im not sure wat and how i did it and if u need an oopostiton defender near u???
any help woulkd be great

Back
Top Bottom