PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is year 1. It's always year 1.
giphy.gif

;)

There were rumors that Ronaldo maybe will be PES 2020 cover start....To feed this rumor, just minutes ago in official PES page in FB, Konami post PES2019 " replica " of Ronaldo's free kick goal vs SUI

There were rumors that Ronaldo maybe will be PES 2020 cover start....To feed this rumor, just minutes ago in official PES page in FB, Konami post PES2019 " replica " of Ronaldo's free kick goal vs SUI
They posted that 9 hours ago before the match took place to be fair. Just a coincidence.

Of course people will complain when normally there's a teaser or full trailer by now along with information.

PES is a game that needs to be shouted from the rooftops because if it gets announced during E3, it'll get lost in the haze.

People will complain over anything.In any situation.
With or without a teaser.With or without a trailer.
That's people.

Just heard a rumour that Fifa 20 Pro Clubs and just maybe career mode will come with microtransactions. I know it's not PES related, but if EA do this then Konami would eventually follow suit. It'll be shocking if it happens. You start to wonder why they just don't release the game at a much cheaper price if they'll be making even more money.

My guess is that if lootboxing is banned then these microtransactions brought in will be mainly cosmetic which I don't think would ever be outlawed if the US legislation on lootboxes does indeed pass. You'll know exactly what you'll be getting. If FUT turned to only cosmetic items then it would be the best option for EA to keep money rolling in as guaranteed it will put off a lot of FUT players and they may move onto other modes.

Just all speculation above, but it could easily happen.

Which phase of the 3 years circle/cycle PES 2020? Cause i stopped counting lately ..
Year 2 I believe
Nope, we're in year 3 of the game series' "3-year cycle", and year 2 of Master League's haul-over "3-year cycle".

I'll let you guys decide whether that means anything more than hype / inflated bollocks, but those are the numbers as it stands.

Just heard a rumour that Fifa 20 Pro Clubs and just maybe career mode will come with microtransactions. I know it's not PES related, but if EA do this then Konami would eventually follow suit. It'll be shocking if it happens. You start to wonder why they just don't release the game at a much cheaper price if they'll be making even more money.

My guess is that if lootboxing is banned then these microtransactions brought in will be mainly cosmetic which I don't think would ever be outlawed if the US legislation on lootboxes does indeed pass. You'll know exactly what you'll be getting. If FUT turned to only cosmetic items then it would be the best option for EA to keep money rolling in as guaranteed it will put off a lot of FUT players and they may move onto other modes.

Just all speculation above, but it could easily happen.

Even though I hate MTX full-stop, I have been thinking for a while that it would make sense to monetise career modes in sports games with cosmetic crap for sale (maybe bigger stadium, new kits, new boots, new sponsorship deal, etc... You could basically become a rich Sheikh investor lol). I wouldn't like that, but the main reason I'd tolerate it is that it potentially could drive more serious development on the single-player experience. That's the potential upside, as I see it.

Sorry, but Adam is in charge of nothing, except hyping the game every year with the exact same words. Konami already knows what is wrong with the game, they don't even need feedback, but they simply don't care. That is the truth.
Yea. Their direction has been decided on years ago. Myclub and mtx. No changing that.

If PES 2020 could be as realistic as Virtual Football Pro...

:CRY:

Nope, we're in year 3 of the game series' "3-year cycle", and year 2 of Master League's haul-over "3-year cycle".

It's hilarious how year 2 of this 'Master League cycle' was literally only adding the useless preseason ICC tournament, which I skip every single time, and allowing us to personalize individual training for players (something that was in PES2011 and probably others) :LOL:

It's hilarious how year 2 of this 'Master League cycle' was literally only adding the useless preseason ICC tournament, which I skip every single time, and allowing us to personalize individual training for players (something that was in PES2011 and probably others) :LOL:
Pre season tournaments were already there in 2018. They just changed the names and added the logo and some commentary lines.

Pre season tournaments were already there in 2018. They just changed the names and added the logo and some commentary lines.
And in 2019 they are something more then mandatory. In 2018 you should probably win a domestic division 1 league, maybe two years back to back, to be invited to ICC. In 2019, except for the mandatory 1st year participation, you are being invited if you finish first in EFL, Ligue 2... :(
Basically they wanted to promote so hard the ICC license, that you qualify for ICC , even if you win your neighbourhood's local cup.

And in 2019 they are something more then mandatory. In 2018 you should probably win a domestic division 1 league, maybe two years back to back, to be invited to ICC. In 2019, except for the mandatory 1st year participation, you are being invited if you finish first in EFL, Ligue 2... :(
Basically they wanted to promote so hard the ICC license, that you qualify for ICC , even if you win your neighbourhood's local cup.
1 year was enough to qualify. Plus, if a modder can add something to your game, you adding that doesn't qualify as an addition unless it's significantly better.

1 year was enough to qualify. Plus, if a modder can add something to your game, you adding that doesn't qualify as an addition unless it's significantly better.
I don't know cause i never won a 1st division until today. But in 2019 in PS4 it has became ridiculous. You are invited for really no reason.

Fingers crossed no more 2nd divisions are removed either.
:D
As if we still had lots of them to choose from, in the first place.

They can remove Ligue 2 as far as I'm concerned... So I could pretend that Red Star weren't relegated to National with shame while Paris FC will still be there.
No Red Star, no party.

Also don't bother adding Serie B back, no Foggia anymore.
Thank you Lotito, nice move.

Even though I hate MTX full-stop, I have been thinking for a while that it would make sense to monetise career modes in sports games with cosmetic crap for sale (maybe bigger stadium, new kits, new boots, new sponsorship deal, etc... You could basically become a rich Sheikh investor lol). I wouldn't like that, but the main reason I'd tolerate it is that it potentially could drive more serious development on the single-player experience. That's the potential upside, as I see it.

Just ask the NBA 2K community how much they enjoy their "offline" game modes now that they're laden with micro-transactions. I'll give you a hint; not very much.

Lets get something straight here.
This will be year 2.
2019 was year 1.

I know its a lot of bullcrap, nonetheless according to them 20 is Master League year 2.

Year 1 the improvements were:
- losing CL & EL licenses.
- removing D2's
- streamlining AI, so it doesnt confuse us with complex behaviour
- ICC tournament, where you have to play PSG, Real and Liverpool when playing with FC Chernobyl
- and breathtaking scoreboards.

Lets get something straight here.
This will be year 2.
2019 was year 1.

I know its a lot of bullcrap, nonetheless according to them 20 is Master League year 2.

- removing D2's
- ICC tournament, where you have to play PSG, Real and Liverpool when playing with FC Chernobyl

- implement their version of "dynamic difficulty script", gameplay manipulation and practices that push you to buy coins.

- removing D2's

Nice, can't wait for year 2 "improvements".

We don't need someone who's great at the game, but rather someone who understands football on a great level. We don't want another PES 2015/16, do we?

Couldn't agree more with you.
We need somebody who understands real football and we certainly don't need somebody who is great at the game.
We need a game that is easy to learn but difficult to master.
What we don't need is a game that frustrates.
A game frustrates for diferent reasons (now it frustrates because of the scripting for example), but i t certainly frustrates when it is too difficult. Somebody who is great at the game will tend to make the game too difficult.

And don't tell me that somebody who is great at the game understands football, you don't need to understand football with the current football games. That was the thing that was great with PES5 and other PS2 games.

interesting to see this 2nd year plan considering that podcasts are non existent and editors have had enough, if they dont make an obvious effort with ML this year it could be the final nail in the coffin for alot of people, especially now that fifa are making more of an effort to listen to fans.

interesting to see this 2nd year plan considering that podcasts are non existent and editors have had enough, if they dont make an obvious effort with ML this year it could be the final nail in the coffin for alot of people, especially now that fifa are making more of an effort to listen to fans.
Makes me wonder why a lot of editors have dropped out ahead of 2020. There must be something they know or anticipate happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom