PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing about NEW engine written in that tweet.

I think what he meant by "engines" is "HYPE"
Time to start the HYPE!:LMAO:
Yeah, that's right. NOthing about a new engine. Why should they change? It's only about getting us hyped - and like you see, it's working! We all wait for E3. But I'm afraid, there will be nothing new except for some cosmetic changes.
New is: Brasilian 2nd league - wow! New maybe some leagues like Peruan or other minor leagues. Wow! Maybe some ne camera angles. Wow! And moreover some new features in MyClub and in ML like something we already have, only new mentioned. That's all.

I still have hope that PES 2020 can be with the new engine because there is no better way to start a NEW game, with a NEW engine for a NEW decade of PES games with digit like 2020? Will be great PR, but on the other side, that is the problem, Konami never has great PR moves :D
PES 2020 is a way too epic title! You have digit like that once every 1000 years ...They can't waste it just for stupid cosmetic changes and mimic "futures ", are they?

Time to hype? Time to impress?

Reading Konami's words i was easily impressed during the first few years, you know, when they actually seemed interested to make the game better, with Pes 2010,11,12,13,14 but starting from Ps4 generation the focus has all been about Myclub. Ps4 generation is Myclub generation.

At this point i am rather bothered by the pre-release hype, i wish we could jump fast forward to the release day.

Every hint he has ever dropped has turned out to be him trolling us. This doesn't mean "new engine" - please don't get your hopes up.

It's just a typical line of meaningless jargon I hear in his line of work (marketing) every day.

The only reason he's tweeting (despite having nothing to announce) is because FIFA have just published their teaser trailer. They need to remind people they still exist.

Look at how much space in that tweet is just repeating the words "time to" over and over without ever actually saying, or committing to, anything. It doesn't take a detective to detect the screams of "I have nothing to say but QUICK LOOK AT ME, ignore that FIFA thing".

Even the photo he's used is just a photo he's taken of the pitch at one of the partner clubs - he's likely just attached the last photo he's taken with his phone. Do not read into it.

This isn't an attack on the guy, it's just how marketing works... But I will say one thing, finishing it up with "#believe" makes me feel ill. That's such a modern-world PR device. Give absolutely no information, not even a screenshot, and then tell everyone to just close their eyes, cross their fingers and BELIEVE in PES, BELIEVE!! JUST BELIEVE!! If you don't believe hard enough then we can't sell you anything!! YOU'RE NOT BELIEVING HARD ENOUGH!!

Last edited:
I still have hope that PES 2020 can be with the new engine because there is no better way to start a NEW game, with a NEW engine for a NEW decade of PES games with digit like 2020? Will be great PR, but on the other side, that is the problem, Konami never has great PR moves :D
PES 2020 is a way too epic title! You have digit like that once every 1000 years ...They can't waste it just for stupid cosmetic changes and mimic "futures ", are they?

"here hold my beer!"- konami

Seriously, that Lygaard guy should be completely ignored and every thing he tries to "hype" via the same pathetic saying-not saying fashion he used in the screenshot above disregarded as the hot pile of garbage it is.

I can still remember the long boots saga of the last year.. truly awful no matter which way you look at it.

Guys off topic, but now for a reason or another i remember pes 2017 demo was a great game, i played 2 matches vs my flatmate with france vs germany, and the game flow and variety of shots on basic was there, they somehow messed the game up when the full game came, i wish we could have pes 2017 demo gameplay as a full game gameplay
was pes 17 the online beta? if so thats the BEST pes since pes 13 for me. i loved it. then they added scripting to final game

was pes 17 the online beta? if so thats the BEST pes since pes 13 for me. i loved it. then they added scripting to final game
2018 had an online beta, with movement aninations being of the smoothest ever in a pes game.It was even superior to demo and final 18 game.
It had only some clipping issues, and some wierd close control animations, where players were shaking like jellyfish. Seems in the demo/final versions, although the jellyfish issue remained, they somehow removed completely that smooth sence, producing what we finally got.
It had also kind of analog sprint, the wslking animation was according to how far you push the stick. In the final game and every pes ,every L stick tilt is 1/1. 1 tilt=1 rigid step anination,which is usually locked as a sequence.
The only bad about that beta, which i moaned many times, was that it was only PvP and most human players were playing as it was the PES LEAGUE World final, while the purpose should be to test new things in the game and check how it works.
The other bad was that KONAMI didn't pay attention to any feedback, cause they stated in any chance , that the beta purpose was only to test the damn p2p connections and the netcode amd that they they should accept game play feedback, only after the Demo.

Last edited:

what engine do they have?

Pretty sure its a 1950s Skoda engine that was fuelled for the most part by strawberry milkshake and hit in the 1970s by a nuclear explosion that sent it into space and landed in konami HQ toilets right in front of Tony whilst he was sitting on the bog thinking up how to hype up PES 2020.

I think when lygaard use engine words it means that new pitch (old Trafford) is coming

Attachments

• IMG_20190607_164421_238.jpg
    IMG_20190607_164421_238.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 62
Maybe some ne camera angles. Wow!
Npoe. They said that fiddling with camera angles would make refs stupid*, or something like that.
Well, at least in that case we'd have referees.

*I perfectly know that this is nonsense but that's what they said apparently.

Npoe. They said that fiddling with camera angles would make refs stupid*, or something like that.
Well, at least in that case we'd have referees.

*I perfectly know that this is nonsense but that's what they said apparently.
I'd really like to talk to any of them about this. Because,
  1. The possibility of that being true is very low.
  2. Even if it is true, it's their fault for linking the two blocks. It's bad programming. Trust me it takes a bad programmer to find another.
  3. If they knew this was the case, why wasn't this fixed before?
  4. Linking Refs to cameras would require a whole lot of work.
  5. There's enough evidence to believe refs only work on 3-4 switch cases
if(ballcontact=true)
foul=false
else if (location==penaltyarea && ballcontact=false)
var1= math.random(1,30)
if (var1<3)
foul=true
else
foul=false
else
if (ballcontact=false)
foul=true

I'd really like to talk to any of them about this. Because,

1. The possibility of that being true is very low.
    Even if it is true, it's their fault for linking the two blocks. It's bad programming. Trust me it takes a bad programmer to find another.
    If they knew this was the case, why wasn't this fixed before?
    Linking Refs to cameras would require a whole lot of work.
    There's enough evidence to believe refs only work on 3-4 switch cases
if(ballcontact=true)
foul=false
else if (location==penaltyarea && ballcontact=false)
var1= math.random(1,30)
if (var1<3)
foul=true
else
foul=false
else
if (ballcontact=false)
foul=true
Don't worry, it was just the most stupid excuse to justify not adding more camera options.

I used to look forward to reading about upcoming PES games in the PS2 magazine. I remember getting excited that they were adding more English teams (before the days of full leagues).

Even Adam Bhatti is at it...."We’re so close now. Insanely excited, because we have delivered on what the fans want. They are reason why we’re here, and the reason (alongside our love of football) why we do what we do. Believe."
I can hear Cher's song Believe being the main song in Pes 2020 for some reason.

Even Adam Bhatti is at it...."We’re so close now. Insanely excited, because we have delivered on what the fans want. They are reason why we’re here, and the reason (alongside our love of football) why we do what we do. Believe."
I can hear Cher's song Believe being the main song in Pes 2020 for some reason.
I really avoid to criticize these PR people, as marketing tactics piss me always off.
But for me and much more here possibly, the truth lies in the other guys Twitter post, the one who left from KONAMI.
In a comment someone asked him if it is possible the PES to transform into a MyClub only game, he responded that if the financial revenue of MC keeps high and the PES revenue decrease more in comparison, he believe it is possible.
It is from a twit @Chris Davies quoted me in 19 thread, I’ll post it here in a while, cause I am from phone and I am not quite familiar with Twitter.
Note: IT IS NOT THE PERSON I WANT TO FOCUS, it is the assumption from sim who was inside and now is “free” to express his thoughts.

Last edited:
adam bhatti said similar statement every year
so I guess its a bad signal
I thought they learnt the lesson, they better shut up and don't make such bold statement
look like the hype is still coming like usual and it will eventually collapse as usual

Wouldn't be surprised though if PES 2020 had a new engine. Afterall, the new Call of Duty this year is running on a new engine. Would've thought they'd save it for next year, but I suppose it helps them ease into next-gen with it in a much better understanding. They were working on it for the past few years.

Though at this very time, I'd say Fox Engine again.

That is Thetruebrits and he seems actually balanced in criticizing Pes, these are the guys that gave exclusive access to option files if you paid.

About that

I'm very much against PES Universe and their exploitive methods of making money from the community, yet with all of the editors dropping out this year they'll probably get even more of a stranglehold on it. Sad.
Thanks. Will give pesuniverse opinions a wide birth then as it seems they have a vested interest in flogging something.
I have 2 question regarding pes universe buisness model
1. Is it legal? Essentially profiting from copyrighted kits that Konami refuse to pay for
2. What stops someone buying it for a 5 pound then selling loads on eBay for 3 pound and under cutting them
Konami are running out of people to hype their game for free. So, as I understand it, they have turned to people that sell kits for a profit that the other football publisher pay a lot of money officially for. One desperate game publishing company that have only got themselves to blame.

I really hope the build-up to next release on here doesn't become full of PES Universe hate/conspiracy again. It's just nonsense, it really is.

My view: I never pay for OFs, and I doubt I ever will. Always use PES World. But PES Universe aren't "charging for kits" anyway. They release their OFs all for free too, just in a less organised, timely, and well-presented way. Essentially, if you pay for their service, you get access to a compilation of files that is a bit easier to do in one or two sittings, rather than compiling it all yourself (which is what you have to do with PES World files, and it's what you would do with PES Universe's free offering). It's really not an "exploitative practice" – it's just a group of fans and youtubers trying to get funds through entirely optional donations, to help fund their site and their general platform/output. The histrionics around what they do from people on here is frankly laughable.

But worse than this, last year we had (and I can see we're already beginning to have) this poisoning-the-well crap: because they charge for something (and hence are terrible awful demons), any relationship they have with Konami (/Adam/Asim...) must itself be corrupt.

This. Is. Utter. Tosh.

First, they're not all full of praise for the series, as some are saying here, when they depict the PU guys as shills for Konami, or myClub-obsessed casuals. TheTrueBrits is mostly an offline player who criticises the high PA levels and the lack of ML innovation. ItsDavidFish is online streamer/pro, and earlier in the release cycle had a public spat with Asim (I think since resolved; it was never fully shown to be Asim but strongly hinted, anyway), because he slated 2019 on his Twitter/Twitch (which is his right). TheMidniteKid has praised the game in muted tones, though isn't that engaged with the community directly, and mainly plays myClub co-op. PESEP (the self-styled "Pesologist" lol) is predominantly a myClub streamer and does all that "watch me spin 20 packs" type of stuff... it's not my deal, but hey, it's popular; he's also very vocal about scripting, and did his own podcast about it recently. MidniteKid and Wezzatron (sorry for using gaming-handles, which obviously sound silly out of context) are also doing a podcast these days, discussing among other things PA levels, the online and offline modes, and their previous favourite games in the series.

In short: a varied bunch, not all "casuals" (some of them use high PA levels though, and I normally take them to task for that), not bloodythirsty shills who suck Konami's balls to get freebies, and not afraid to talk about some of the problems you guys talk about (e.g. PA levels, microtransactions, online quality, AI performance, and scripting).

I'm writing this because last year it was really tiring to see the same old conspiracy nonsense that used to plague that other forum (which shall not be mentioned by name), and it just comes across as bitter and pathetic. I'm not even a fan of most of the content they put out (it doesn't feel like my generation, let's say), but they've moved with the times, and this is where "community" exists now: disparately across the spaces of Twitter, Twitch, Reddit, etc. PU, as a loosely connected group, are at least doing something positive, creating podcasts and making videos, and talking about PES, including its problems.

I don't know why they get panned for all that here. It seems to me like misplaced resentment. Sure, the resentment is well grounded: the game's standards have slipped or stagnated over the years, and the MTX model is distasteful to say the least. Though well grounded, that anger is fired off-target when it's aimed at people like the PU guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom