PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When me and my cousin were dumbfounded by PES 5's brilliant gameplay, flow and mechanics, we talked about how unreal PES would be in about 10 20 years time. Aside from graphics and few animations, I don't think the young me would've been all the much impressed with the gameplay of 2019.

Hey all

Been a long time.

Call me mad but I just read 28 page sof this thread, and there's like maybe 1 page worth of rumours, can I have that time back please? :D

Joking aside, thanks to the person who put a link to the old PES 2008 music in this thread, fucking hilariously bad, particularly the Futebol Soccer Gol song with "Scatman Juan"

Excited that there is going to be Brazil Serie B, but the problem is, at what cost? Konami don't have a habit of adding many things without losing something, so hopefully this hasn't been added because they are losing the Argentina license or something stupid like that.

Fingers crossed no more 2nd divisions are removed either.

:D

Well with these next-gen consoles rumoured to be 12-13 teraflops then AI should pretty much be the biggest leap forward. But it could be pretty much down to each developer and what they want to achieve.

When me and my cousin were dumbfounded by PES 5's brilliant gameplay, flow and mechanics, we talked about how unreal PES would be in about 10 20 years time. Aside from graphics and few animations, I don't think the young me would've been all the much impressed with the gameplay of 2019.
Exactly. Back then I thought by now we'd be playing an almost lifelike game, considering how real we thought it looked and played back then.

Joking aside, thanks to the person who put a link to the old PES 2008 music in this thread, fucking hilariously bad, particularly the Futebol Soccer Gol song with "Scatman Juan"
You're welcome :D Yeah the soundtrack was cringe inducing but there's a charm to it that i kind of miss, more indicative of the fact Konami knew what their identity was. They was the alternative. Licensed chart music was FIFA's thing. I actually miss the the very creative Jazz funk of PES 5 & 6 and the indie rock instrumentals of PES 4 to be honest. A lot less repetitive and the some of the arrangements actually lasted for minutes. The edit funk jam of PES 5 is about 13 minutes in length and it doesn't actually loop either, there's several different sections!

I find the more commercial music they add to these games, the sooner i get burned out by it and mute it for my own.

Perhaps they should focus test consumers on the music in these games and if it's really worth the cost and the budget could be actually better spent in other areas of the development.

Well with these next-gen consoles rumoured to be 12-13 teraflops then AI should pretty much be the biggest leap forward. But it could be pretty much down to each developer and what they want to achieve.
If history has taught us anything it's that next gen games don't always hit the ground running and don't start fulfilling the potential of the new tech until a couple of years at least in the consoles lifecycle. Remember PES 6 on the 360? FIFA 14 & PES 2015 were the first next gen football games we got this gen and we're only slighty nicer ports of their PS3 counterparts.

Exactly. Back then I thought by now we'd be playing an almost lifelike game, considering how real we thought it looked and played back then.
I used to watch that opening movie to PES 4 wondering if i'll ever live to see the day we'll be playing a football game of that fidelity.

We're getting closer, Although I'm pretty happy with the way they look now though.

Back then all i really wanted was 3D crowds, 3D turf and hair physics, So i'm pretty contempt with the visuals on both games.

I used to watch that opening movie to PES 4 wondering if i'll ever live to see the day we'll be playing a football game of that fidelity.

We're getting closer, Although I'm pretty happy with the way they look now though.

Back then all i really wanted was 3D crowds, 3D turf and hair physics, So i'm pretty contempt with the visuals on both games.
You're lucky. You're much easier to please :) And I'm not saying this in a bad way.

My expectations are much higher. That's why I've been disappointed for years. That's in addition to the gameplay not been good for years imo. Their animations and gameplay coding needs a lot of work. It feels so lazy and in favor of MyClub.

You're lucky. You're much easier to please :) And I'm not saying this in a bad way.

My expectations are much higher. That's why I've been disappointed for years. That's in addition to the gameplay not been good for years imo. Their animations and gameplay coding needs a lot of work. It feels so lazy and in favor of MyClub.

I don't think your expectations are particularly high, they are actually reasonable. Problem is most of us Pes fans are so used to Konami being disappointing some are even happy to accept a minimal improvement, as long as it's an improvement.

As for myself i was already saying Pes needed a revolution last year, even more this year that Pes 2019 is worse than Pes 2018. I think i will forever be unhappy with Konami the way things are going.

Last edited:

I certainly never thought that the game play and content of Pes would go tits-up like it has since the ps2 days. It now lacks in so many departments that I cannot see a quick fix any time soon; even when there is a move to a new console.

Hey all

Been a long time.

Call me mad but I just read 28 page sof this thread, and there's like maybe 1 page worth of rumours, can I have that time back please? :D

I just heard from a reliable source that the Champs League final will be replayed because the game did not meet quality standards. The game will be played in Madrid. If you get in early fans can get £2000 discount for a child ticket. (£5000 deposit required to get this deal.)

I just heard from a reliable source that the Champs League final will be replayed because the game did not meet quality standards. The game will be played in Madrid. If you get in early fans can get £2000 discount for a child ticket. (£5000 deposit required to get this deal.)

Get your tickets from the same source as the Go Compare man then?:BSCARF:

Good to see things are still kicking and like usual around these parts. :D

Konami is pretty silent for PES 2020, hopefully E3 brings some info.

And so here we are yet another year! Waiting for the hype.. It'll be harder this year I believe

The funny thing is the one who’s in charge of the game is Adam Bhatti and he admits he’s not very good at playing the game. So until they hire someone who’s great at the game and knows what it’s missing and actually spends time playing the game then we can get excited. Otherwise we will only get empty promises. If PES 2020 demo disappoints, and doesn’t hugely impress me then I’m not gonna buy the game again. Not even FIFA. I’m so fed up.

The funny thing is the one who’s in charge of the game is Adam Bhatti and he admits he’s not very good at playing the game. So until they hire someone who’s great at the game and knows what it’s missing and actually spends time playing the game then we can get excited. Otherwise we will only get empty promises. If PES 2020 demo disappoints, and doesn’t hugely impress me then I’m not gonna buy the game again. Not even FIFA.
We don't need someone who's great at the game, but rather someone who understands football on a great level. We don't want another PES 2015/16, do we?

Sorry, but Adam is in charge of nothing, except hyping the game every year with the exact same words. Konami already knows what is wrong with the game, they don't even need feedback, but they simply don't care. That is the truth.

Yeah, I don't think he really has a role on how the game is designed, he's more of a salesman

We don't need someone who's great at the game, but rather someone who understands football on a great level. We don't want another PES 2015/16, do we?

I disagree, if someone isn’t capable to play the game in its fullest potential then he will never understand what the people really want and why these changes are important. I will rather have someone who really understands why these fundamentals are important, I remember Adam saying I want the game to be more Arcady back in PES 2016, he made the game much easier for him. He doesn’t understand fully. Last time we had real potential for fundamentals was in PES 2014 and Adam/Konami came in and panicked. Instead of improving upon it, they decided to start from scratch for PES 2015.

Yeah, I don't think he really has a role on how the game is designed, he's more of a salesman

He got promoted for a higher position in recent years. He now lives in Japan working closely since pes 2019 if I’m not mistaken. And yet to see the changes.

I disagree, if someone isn’t capable to play the game in its fullest potential then he will never understand what the people really want and why these changes are important. I will rather have someone who really understands why these fundamentals are important, I remember Adam saying I want the game to be more Arcady back in PES 2016, he made the game much easier for him. He doesn’t understand fully. Last time we had real potential for fundamentals was in PES 2014 and Adam/Konami came in and panicked. Instead of improving upon it, they decided to start from scratch for PES 2015.
Of course the person must know how to play the game to it's fullest, but must have an understanding of the sport as well. I'd say hire Griezmann and Rudiger as a consultants.

Please drop the Adam/Asim talk, we've had enough of it. Cheers.

R94i2I0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom