PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or new faces...
Or old faces in a new look/hairstyle..

New wish. As i am watching closely Pleasure Horn, in every PES since 2015, i noticed that even this year, they cannot win a single match in FIFA Club World Cup. So please, give us a playable PAF (African) League, like PEU/PLA/PAS and let us guide them to glory.

#make_pleasure_horn_great_again !!!

Or old faces in a new look/hairstyle..

New wish. As i am watching closely Pleasure Horn, in every PES since 2015, i noticed that even this year, they cannot win a single match in FIFA Club World Cup. So please, give us a playable PAF (African) League, like PEU/PLA/PAS and let us guide them to glory.

#make_pleasure_horn_great_again !!!

I totally agree mate, I'd love a PAF League, and Champions League (or whatever they would call it). It's an untapped market, with Fifa only picking 2 South African clubs who aren't even as good as they were.

The devs should make the game with an unlimited database (so we could expand it and not have to worry about the amount of teams that can be added) or consider some partnerships with the likes of Sega and 2K. (just to spite EA of course :P ) Seriously though if they partnered up they could get more resources to improve the game

The devs should make the game with an unlimited database (so we could expand it and not have to worry about the amount of teams that can be added) or consider some partnerships with the likes of Sega and 2K. (just to spite EA of course :P ) Seriously though if they partnered up they could get more resources to improve the game
Yeah this would be ideal, but... Knowing Konami, if they partnered up with SEGA, we'd have the PES 2019 gameplay with a database structure coming straight from one of the SWWS titles, and Virtua Striker 2's graphics. No, not the ones you'd see on the Naomi. The ones we were used to when playing with the Model 3.

Yeah this would be ideal, but... Knowing Konami, if they partnered up with SEGA, we'd have the PES 2019 gameplay with a database structure coming straight from one of the SWWS titles, and Virtua Striker 2's graphics. No, not the ones you'd see on the Naomi. The ones we were used to when playing with the Model 3.
The ideal scenario would just involve the resources and possibly a FM like database without graphical or gameplay degredation

I might be nitpicky but "no gameplay degradation" isn't enough anymore for me. I expect serious progresses in that department.
PES 2019's gameplay had (and still has) serious issues that we, the community, were forced to face.

And if many of those shortcomings have been taken care of during these months, it isn't Konami we have to be grateful to but guys like @incas36 (who spent all the f*ck!ng season fiddling with the files in the dt18_x64 archive trying to clean up the mess and to prevent the CPU from scoring always in the same way match after match after match) and the likes.
While it's great to have a community of talented people patching the game's shortcomings and expanding its capabilities, it's definitely not the way things should be.

I expect PES 2020 to have a solid gameplay which represents football first of all, otherwise this time I'll just pass like I did with FIFA 19 after trying the demo.
"At least the gameplay isn't worse than last year" is something I don't want to hear, because it would mean "messed up gameplay" once again.

Sorry for the rant... Peace. ✌️

to prevent the CPU from scoring always in the same way

did not play this one, but reminds me of 2010, if the com wanted to score it was down the wing and crossing right between the GK and CB, then you watch the replay and the CB (if controlled by the AI) did always stop for a moment/one step to let the striker win the header, so it was always second (com) press on the wing and trying to find the right player in the middle with the cursor switch to prevent these...

good ol times lol
if not for this, id probably still play 2010

dont we normally have first news of new edition by now?
Dont we already? Brasileirao A & B and super duper ultra reworked ML, by the hands of Batti. (according to "can't wait" tweets):COOL:

Last edited:
offtopic

Kojima is.. genius :D He start streaming easter eggs in twitch... 25k are watching and wait for full review of the new gameplay trailer... 25k online users are watching just oil hands appear and disappear for 24 hours, unbelievable.
Stupid Konami... how you kick out the developer like him...

p.s now they are 33k

/offtopic

Last edited:
With PES2019 DP coming this week i really doubt there well be any news on 2020. Im guessing a short clip coming next week teasing full reveal at E3. And in the end my guess will be right with the news coming after CL final after all :D

Last edited:
EA sometimes puts up a teaser of Fifa games the Monday before E3 so if it's like that then Konami should drop a teaser on Tuesday or maybe Wednesday.

I wouldn't be surprised though if we hear absolutely nothing until the day of an official announcement.

Had a look at PES reddit and to be honest I was disappointed, topics dominated by MyClub transactions. Couldn’t find any gossip or rumours for 2020.

Each to their own I guess I can’t help not liking the way certain aspects of gaming has gone or is going particularly these transactions.

EA sometimes puts up a teaser of Fifa games the Monday before E3 so if it's like that then Konami should drop a teaser on Tuesday or maybe Wednesday.

I wouldn't be surprised though if we hear absolutely nothing until the day of an official announcement.
On the flipside though, they do get criticised for announcing the date of announcements. Maybe just dropping the announcement without prior warning is better?

Had a look at PES reddit and to be honest I was disappointed, topics dominated by MyClub transactions. Couldn’t find any gossip or rumours for 2020.

Each to their own I guess I can’t help not liking the way certain aspects of gaming has gone or is going particularly these transactions.
Some interesting types on there. One bloke in particular seemingly cannot admit Konami are fault for anything, a bit like the type we've seen here and previously on WENB and other forums.

I don't think Reddit works for long-form discussions anyway.

Lootboxes are being banned in USA soon. Good news for us gamers.
OK, let's get a bit deeper in that.
In general, that will be fantastic. The developer must work again and put more effort into their games to ad more value ... but one big BUUUUTTT :D How I said before, that can be END of the PES series too. FIFA will survive, EA will make of something but Konami does not have a second plan for the PES series, at least so it seems to me. Over the last 5 years, all works have been thrown on the MyClub. If Konami wants PES to survive after the loot boxes ban, they need to create a way better AI, tons of new offline and online modes + licensing or better editing in the game tools. Somehow I can't believe that Konami can do it now for this short of time.

I THINK, they have 4 ways.

1)To Release PES 2020 without MyClub, to be a half-ass game, more like PES 2019.2, they know that will be a disaster but at least they will have time to work no next-gen version and to add that contend that will make people want to buy it.
2) Skip one year and releasing DLC for PES 2019 for hole one.
3) To release PES 2020 like they planning with all MyClub shits in, but the mode will be unavailable in the USA and all countries that loot boxes will be banned and to squeeze what they can from another part of the world.
4) They just top to make PES.......or ... !?

How I said before, that can be END of the PES series too.

If it is, then so be it.
I'm getting quite tired about the way they've ruined the game year after year.
Yeh it'd suck that we're all stuck with just one football game, but somehow game developers need to be taught a lesson.
They've been screwing us over and over for the past 5 years. Removing important features we used to have. Not adding any new ones. Introducing new annoying flaws that do not get solved throughout the entire year. Then fixing it for the next year's version but introducing a worse one at the same time. Blocking people who give nothing but realistic feedback about the game.

If loot boxes are the only thing keeping PES alive (which I doubt), then they might as well give up and just dedicate full time to Pachinkos. Maybe this would open a new door for 2K or another company that's worth it.

OK, let's get a bit deeper in that.
In general, that will be fantastic. The developer must work again and put more effort into their games to ad more value ... but one big BUUUUTTT :D How I said before, that can be END of the PES series too. FIFA will survive, EA will make of something but Konami does not have a second plan for the PES series, at least so it seems to me. Over the last 5 years, all works have been thrown on the MyClub. If Konami wants PES to survive after the loot boxes ban, they need to create a way better AI, tons of new offline and online modes + licensing or better editing in the game tools. Somehow I can't believe that Konami can do it now for this short of time.

I THINK, they have 4 ways.

1)To Release PES 2020 without MyClub, to be a half-ass game, more like PES 2019.2, they know that will be a disaster but at least they will have time to work no next-gen version and to add that contend that will make people want to buy it.
2) Skip one year and releasing DLC for PES 2019 for hole one.
3) To release PES 2020 like they planning with all MyClub shits in, but the mode will be unavailable in the USA and all countries that loot boxes will be banned and to squeeze what they can from another part of the world.
4) They just top to make PES.......or ... !?
Strongly disagree mate

The legislation they're trying to bring in will most likely be too late to affect the Fifa and PES games this year, unless they can stop microtransactions at any time if it has been approved. If not, then maybe next year and if they're banned for next-gen games then it could be an exciting fresh start. If Konami decide to call it a day then I'm sure another company would love to jump at the chance to try and topple the might of EA.

It will only be the USA afterall, but it's an absolute market and it could cause many other nations to think twice.

Google Play Store are somewhat aware of this and have told its game developers that they need to disclose the 'odds' of what gamers are going to receive in lootboxes....so, surely anything involving odds is gambling? Very strange.

Some interesting types on there. One bloke in particular seemingly cannot admit Konami are fault for anything, a bit like the type we've seen here and previously on WENB and other forums.

I don't think Reddit works for long-form discussions anyway.
The thing with the WEPES sub is that it was always really baron, until the last few years when myClub picked up in popularity. So I think it became the natural destination for myClub players looking for a PES community.

There are some strange characters (as there are in most forums). There's one guy who keeps getting banned only to make new accounts, and post the same stuff every time. In particular, he likes to post his "proof" of scripting statistics. Obviously I'm in the minority in not believing in online scripting (but still believing in dynamic change mechanisms, and other reasons for inconsistency). So if I post there, I'm normally downvoted to hell. But this guy even being a fully signed up "script is killing me" player, gets downvoted to oblivion because his theories and statistics are so poorly reasoned and interpreted.

It's quite funny to watch.

I might be nitpicky but "no gameplay degradation" isn't enough anymore for me. I expect serious progresses in that department.
PES 2019's gameplay had (and still has) serious issues that we, the community, were forced to face.

And if many of those shortcomings have been taken care of during these months, it isn't Konami we have to be grateful to but guys like @incas36 (who spent all the f*ck!ng season fiddling with the files in the dt18_x64 archive trying to clean up the mess and to prevent the CPU from scoring always in the same way match after match after match) and the likes.
While it's great to have a community of talented people patching the game's shortcomings and expanding its capabilities, it's definitely not the way things should be.

I expect PES 2020 to have a solid gameplay which represents football first of all, otherwise this time I'll just pass like I did with FIFA 19 after trying the demo.
"At least the gameplay isn't worse than last year" is something I don't want to hear, because it would mean "messed up gameplay" once again.

Sorry for the rant... Peace. ✌️
I've been like this for years. Welcome to the club!

Look at this:
https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-19/news/pitch-notes-gameplay-beyond-fifa-19?setLocale=en-gb
We never see things like that with Konami, even knowing gameplay is the best part of PES.
No mate. We only get blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom