PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's the member with the signature along the lines of "Lygaard: Remember The Boots"?

Anyway. That. (If you don't remember, he was teasing a "huge" license related to the colour of a pair of boots - and it turned out he was trolling us all. We are a joke to these guys. Believe me. This is nothing.)

Me :D
Not been about for a good while as I haven't touched PES for months. Thought I'd pop back for the views on Asim's exit and inevitable hypetrain that is incoming after E3.

Nice to see Lygaard hasn't changed.

One of the most impressive things about '17 is the AI and their diversity in play. I don't think i recall seeing AI as sophisticated as they are here. There was even spontaneous attempts at "F*** it!" shooting from outside the box!

I dunno whether it's just because i haven't played it or seen it in motion for a couple of years but is the inertia i'm seeing in the video a result of the tweaks or was this game a bit more representative of realistic player momentum and physics than '19 is currently?

It's probably mix of it all. I also watched and saw some really good things of course. This was using my 5second fix and the adjustment to the Body Control at 40. I think the Body Control at 40 really shaped up the feel of the game again. Like FIFA's version of Sprint+Acceleration can bring weight to players when lowered.

The only 2 values that feel like a true 40 is stamina and body control. I tested all 40's and 40's stamina couple of years ago. Enjoyed what lowering stamina and body control at 40 did, but it wasn't enough to get the game playing the right way.

Here was the stream I did in 2017:

PES issue, especially in 19, is that over-agile player with the dribbling the ball right under the player's nose and every step is a touch on the ball. I'm hoping some smoother and more concentrated animation of dribbling and ball possession, in general, can be addressed.

looks promosing, I'll try this out later for PES 17 as well. Quick question - what game speed are you playing on? Looks like -2 but not sure if the patch you have changes it automatically.

:D Football Kingdom is next :D I love this time of the year :D It's hilarious.

Whatever.. Konami has to understand and realize what they did with PES 2018 animations and what's wrong with them in PES 2019. For me, PES 2018 has the smoothest and most natural animations in every PES, even in every football game... ever, but somehow they screw them in PES 2019.
I do not know what Konami's touched in PES 2019 but they have to figure out what it is to fix it.

I completely agree with you. I don't have good memories of Pes 2018 gameplay, but animations and visuals wise it was a literal joy to see and I don't understand either how they managed to make it look worse in 2019.

Probably change for the sake of change just produced the result.

Sure?

:D How come no one posted the yearly vid yet?!
the day PES looks like this.
i do this.
9pyj.gif

looks promosing, I'll try this out later for PES 17 as well. Quick question - what game speed are you playing on? Looks like -2 but not sure if the patch you have changes it automatically.

It was on 0; I can't stand changing game speed because the ball in the air just starts to float for days on lower and doesn't look right on faster. Also, the patch used was a mix of Virtua/PTE files, no installation executable, just simply inserting the .cpk files and OF.

I know we are supposed to be "above it" but I have little if any sympathy for Asim. He couldn't handle anything other than the most mild criticisms and always took things too personally, constantly pushing a faux victimhood narrative. Even his leaving message included a passive-aggressively written passing shot at Konami. Which just about sums him up his style. He claimed to be faithfully relaying the community's feedback but we never saw any real evidence of that, and in the very same breath he would demonise people honestly expressing their grievances, while doing everything possible to close down the harshest sources of critique. Go try to find WENB for example, it's been expunged from history. I'll always remember when he elected that cretin (I think his name was Alan) to be a "community representative", who decided to fulfil this role by writing articles denigrating the community and sowing discord on the forum, which was ultimately used as a flimsy pretext to shut it down.

It's all past now. Let's look at the future. Asim could do as much as he did, i'm more and more convinced. If you take time to read every interview with ex Konami developers you will understand that Konami is simply too close minded to give importance to what their fans think. Working at Konami is a nightmare more than a dream and i can understand he decided to leave the company.

The only feedback they care about is sales and money. That's why they looked at the big numbers coming from Myclub players and decided to focus every resource on that.

Asim's feedback (that was ours) was simply not taken into consideration, or if it was, they put it at the bottom of their priorities list.

Who cares if he was easily offended: he did his job, respect that.

Last edited:
Who knows the real reason for his behaviour..
He might had been frustrated and hurt and felt it was all unfair. If he fought for fans and was ignored by Konami, bashing from the fans could simply break him.
Imagine doing all you can for people, not getting anywhere and then having people throwing tomatoes at you. And you cant even explain or tell them that you are being ignored up above.. pretty fucked up place to be in.

But like you said - its all in the past now.
We'll see what future brings.
As it stands - i've never had so little faith in Pes before. Im actually looking forward to the competition announcements more.
I've decided id rather be pleasantly surprised than utterly disappointed.

Asim wouldn’t have fought for fans. Him and Adam Bhatti were and are out for themselves.

Most of Asim’s tweets were showing off about being on planes flying to loads of interesting places and playing video games for a living.

He has and still does have an attitude problem and doesn’t accept feedback or criticism of any kind.

If he disagrees with someone he blocks them. The guy is immature.

Good riddance.

Asim wouldn’t have fought for fans. Him and Adam Bhatti were and are out for themselves.

Most of Asim’s tweets were showing off about being on planes flying to loads of interesting places and playing video games for a living.

He has and still does have an attitude problem and doesn’t accept feedback or criticism of any kind.

Good riddance.
Agree. Both Adam and Asim went from critical community voice when not employed to happy-clapping mards when employed. Adam literally broke an embargo to try and prevent PES2013's magic boot fiasco and now look at him. Marding over the slightest criticism.

Them as soon as Konami come calling they both became the opposite of everything that made them voices of the community in the first place. There's a whole heap of irony in that.

Main problem with them was/is that they use their personal accounts to hype up the game (that's why they have so many followers) but if people critizise their game they block them and say "this is my personal account I can do what I want".

That's one thing, but saying he was just going to interesting places and enjoying playing games is totally wrong. I guess you are one of the guys that think developing videogames is actually fun. It's not. It's often very tiring. I read many of his tweets where he said he woke up very early to go in office or many times he said he was going to bed very late.

Let's put aside our opinions and his behaviour on Twitter, we don't know how he did his job. It's actually a lot more probable ( i would say it's 100% certain) that our feedback wasn't taken into consideration not because he thought our ideas were useless, but because Konami thought the feedback he had collected was useless to what they are trying to achieve with Pes.

This is why i said let's move on. Let's look at the future. IF (big IF) we will see lots of fans feedback implemented in future Pes we can think that maybe he was doing his job wrong. But i really think that won't be the case.

Remember that Jon Murphy was the guy that before him and Adam used to send feedback to Konami. Did you really see our ideas implemented ingame during all those years he was at Konami? No. This is one example why i think it's Asim's attitude on Twitter that made Pes worse, but it's Konami Japan. Always has been, always will be.

It was Konami Japan when the game was great (they didn't even need feedback to make Pes a great game), it is Konami Japan now that the game is so far away from those glory days.

the way i look at it, asim knows that the upcoming pes is gonna upset the offline fans and decided that he cant take any more shit from whats gonna be a disappointing pes2020 for offliners, sounds to me master league is already gonna be a huge disappointment, dont blame him for leaving whats the point being in his position if konami dont listen, iv already written off pes 2020, till next year

the way i look at it, asim knows that the upcoming pes is gonna upset the offline fans and decided that he cant take any more shit from whats gonna be a disappointing pes2020 for offliners, sounds to me master league is already gonna be a huge disappointment, dont blame him for leaving whats the point being in his position if konami dont listen, iv already written off pes 2020, till next year

I thought the same, this can be the reason. He was very stressed by the fact the feedback he collected was never taken into consideration and people accused him of doing a bad job. Probably he saw things not changing in the future and he didn't want to be abused anymore online for something that is out of his control, or even worse, he didn't want to continue doing something with good intentions, seeing that in reality all his work was useless, because in the end Konami will be Konami and will do what they want not listening to fans at all.

When he announced his resignment he said he felt like he was not respected for what he has done, that he was left alone in his job. I really think he was referring to Konami disrespecting him, more than the fans.

At this point i think feedback collection is a joke. Totally useless.
They have this "we listen" attitude, but they don't really care, it's just to appear like good guys listening to their customers. I mean, we had so many people showing them what is wrong with Pes since so many years with very clear evidence and they still do whatever they want keeping doing the same mistakes.

We aren't even at the point where EA does something wrong, but at least when people show them what is wrong, give them feedback they actually fix or improve the issues, Konami totally doesn't care.

Last edited:
I thought the same, this can be the reason. He was very stressed by the fact the feedback he collected was never taken into consideration and people accused him of doing a bad job. Probably he saw things not changing in the future and he didn't want to be abused anymore online for something that is out of his control, or even worse, he didn't want to continue doing something with good intentions, seeing that in reality all his work was useless, because in the end Konami will be Konami and will do what they want not listening to fans at all.

When he announced his resignment he said he felt like he was not respected for what he has done, that he was left alone in his job. I really think he was referring to Konami disrespecting him, more than the fans.

At this point i think feedback collection is a joke. Totally useless.
They have this "we listen" attitude, but they don't really care, it's just to appear like good guys listening to their customers. I mean, we had so many people showing them what is wrong with Pes since so many years with very clear evidence and they still do whatever they want keeping doing the same mistakes.

We aren't even at the point where EA does something wrong, but at least when people show them what is wrong, give them feedback they actually fix or improve the issues, Konami totally doesn't care.
Yep couldn’t agree more

And Konami playing it smart by getting the pes universe guys to play it at E3, they have a following, they will promote it hard like others have in previous years, your gonna hear this game is amazing wait till you play it it’s different to pes2019 you wait and see and no disrespect to pes universe guys they have to say positive things and avoid saying negative things about the game or risk not getting invited next year.

And Konami playing it smart by getting the pes universe guys to play it at E3, they have a following, they will promote it hard like others have in previous years, your gonna hear this game is amazing wait till you play it it’s different to pes2019 you wait and see and no disrespect to pes universe guys they have to say positive things and avoid saying negative things about the game or risk not getting invited next year.

Yeah, some people already fell into the trap thinking Pesuniverse going to E3 means big things for offline Pes.
I think that the first news will give us hints if there will be a huge improvement for offline Pes or not. If you look at how they announced Pes 2019 mode news, literally just few words and two screenshots, that already clearly showed offline was not their focus at all. Yet i remember even people here on evo web saying that maybe near release we would have seen more offline news, that was just the beginning, etc. We all know how it ended.

What i'm saying is: if offline really is their focus with Pes 2020, we will clearly see that, from the very first news.

To me, Konami recruiting Adam & Asim as PR was just... Bizarre. I think that despite operating a fan blog and message board is challenging, I don't really understand how that makes you a suitable candidate to be a PR Rep/community manager for a leading brand. The way they conducted themselves in the role on Twitter in regards to snapping back, blocking people and being sensitive to the trolling etc just underlines that they weren't experienced and weren't equipped or qualified for that kind of position. Could you imagine Sony, Microsoft, Coke Cola or Apple having a Social Media account with as belligerent and childish retaliation as Adam & Asim's? You just can't conduct yourself like that in public or on social media, Even if you're correct or justified, As unfortunately, anybody with a low IQ can have a social media account, trolling is also inevitable... It's just a industry no no.

Konami are responsible for the entire social media circumstance, as the saying goes; don't hate the player, hate the game. Be mad at Konami for employing them in the role. I reckon if they asked any of us and offered us that kind of money and a chance to travel the world we'd probably take it. However i also think Asim underestimated the grind of the long hours and the toxic corporate nature of the company and probably explains why he left.

After all, we've established that Konami wasn't really interested in taking aboard feedback and heeding offline players concerns when they changed direction and wanted to focus on the cash cow of myClub. But this culture of being un-receptive to your community rep and abandoning him to face the trolls isn't something new and was exactly what Jon Murphy's role was, difference is that he had a lot more grace, experience and understood how to behave in that role.

I don't know what their purpose was as Konami have plugged their own news and updates, Data Packs and myClub features on their own twitter accounts anyway so i don't really know why they even recruited Adam & Asim other than to maybe be cheerleaders and assumed they were so highly respected in the community, that they'd give the PES brand credibility?

Spot on @MafiaMurderBag that's exactly what I've been thinking for 4 years.
At first I was like... alright, you know what? This might be actually very good for the saga.
I mean, it's like they're putting me in that position. I'm sure I'm capable of doing that and at the same time trying to improve the game by feeding information to the people that matters inside.

But then, after a few months you realise they put you there with other reasons in mind. Because you'd be able to handle and control criticism a lot better. You're now Konami's scapegoat and there's not really much you can do about anything.

What would I do in that situation? I would resign. And I can tell you about 5 situations in my life in which I've acted accordingly. Practice what you preach.

What did Adam do? He stayed and stayed and stayed. And played the role like they wanted. They even promoted him. They even moved him to Tokyo. Damn, he must have been playing Konami's good boy role very well.

Main problem with them was/is that they use their personal accounts to hype up the game (that's why they have so many followers) but if people critizise their game they block them and say "this is my personal account I can do what I want".
Yep. One of my biggest issues with them. You can't pick and choose.

Bearing in mind all of the editors dropping out this year, it'll be a very fruitful year for PE$ Univer$e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom