PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Not sure, pal. I mean, same option was in Pes18. Played 6 seasons on "Challenge" mode... but I played with Parma so their expectations werent high... so its hard to say would they fire you or something if you didnt meet expectations.
As for transfers - I didnt notice any difference.

On another note - after many games on manual, apart of positives, Im starting to see negatives also..
The minimum power that you can pass the ball with is too much for short, quick one-two. Especially around the penalty are, where there is a lot of players, its very difficult to just tap the ball to your team mate next to you. There is always too much power behind it. It annoys the living hell out of me.
just double tap pass button faster, it works :)

I like it. Sometimes I think there are more complaints because the game has the potential to be nigh on perfect but is let down by some silly/lazy programming.

That's exactly it. Saying that the game is a joy online, even when you're rubbish like me, i've played against some manual players (i think?) or those that are happy to slow the game down and not play gegenpress etc, even those that do, a long ball seems to work wonders cutting their press off.

Also read the tips, there's a good one on controlling your player for high balls - works well for crosses along with supercancel.

Legend AI play far less low crosses and don't feel as "cheaty" but they press like CRAZY you won't get a second in defence, first touch is so vital on that level. I almost won, so it is doable on that setting.

just had a game chelsea (me) vs bournemouth. they played high crosses in front of my goal all the time, only two low crosses. this give me courage that fix will come, probably it's not that hard to fix it

just had a game chelsea (me) vs bournemouth. they played high crosses in front of my goal all the time, only two low crosses. this give me courage that fix will come, probably it's not that hard to fix it

It is a very easy fix, just like the keeper issue is. It's just a case of whether Konami can be arsed as it doesn't impact on MyClub so they probably don't care.

Yes, my 2nd match in ML. Actually making me care a bit lol. May even do some front office take for once!
Started a regular league with Fulham.
Won the first match against Burnley 1:2. Second match I got slaughtered by Chelsea 6:1! Lost the 3 following matches with 1 goal. But we are back as we won against Crystal in the last match.
It’s fun to tinker with tactical settings...

I’m off to local soccer now but squeezed in a match against Juve before. 1:1 after full time. Pretty happy about that. :)

Let’s take on more Giants tonight.

Now on my club you can roll duplicates players is it pointless keeping scouts to get the player you want and using scouts to eliminate the ones you don’t want?

The advanced through ball mechanic is completely broken.

If you learn to master advanced through balls, especially the little chipped ones when on a breakaway and seeing your team mate sprinting into the box,it's very effective if done right.
Worth a few days on the training ground

I'm not convinced you can master them. There is no consistency, the game chooses whether to play and accurate pass or (more often) a ridiculously overhit pass.

So many negative feedback here I am surprised

Anyone here who like the game?

It’s definitely got flaws but I am enjoying ... for now.

I will still get Fifa as well for the online as pes is still terrible in multiplayer
I think it's more positive than negative. It's just most of the negative points are about the non-stop wing attacks and pass to near post.

I see a lot having fun here.

The advanced through ball mechanic is completely broken.
I'm not convinced you can master them. There is no consistency, the game chooses whether to play and accurate pass or (more often) a ridiculously overhit pass.
Advanced through-ball might be the most consistent and less-assisted pass in the game.
When you turn on the aim(circle cursor), the ball goes exactly to where the aim stops.

I experimented one game, using only advanced through-ball(for all my passes) but I turned of the aim cursor, It was a lot of fun.

Advanced through-ball might be the most accurate and less-assisted pass in the game
Sorry, guys. Another question as Im new to the whole manual set up.
When I switched off Pass Assistance, my through balls became manual, even tho it says they are basic. I have orange bar when im doing chipped through ball and it feels manual. So whats the difference between this and the one with a circle?

When I switched off Pass Assistance, my through balls became manual, even tho it says they are basic. I have orange bar when im doing chipped through ball and it feels manual. So whats the difference between this and the one with a circle?

Do you mean circle as in pressing circle doing a lofted/high pass or circe as in the aiming circle?

Re through balls being manual with pass assist off: when standing on the basic throughball line the menu explains that "pass assist will be reflected accordingly", so I always understood throughballs to be manual when I select pass assist off, so I don't use advanced throughball as "the FUMA regulations" dictate.

Advanced Through Ball (the one with the circle) is more difficult to master but offers complete freedom. With PA0 and Advanced Through Ball you can put the ball on any spot of the pitch you want. I recommend to play 4 or 5 games with the circle and then hide it and the controls become natural. More errors but when you put the ball where you want is more rewarding. There are through balls that can only be performed on Advanced mode.

Best thing about PES are the controls. When you make an error you know it the second you push the buttons. The same when you make a great pass or shoot, you can feel it in your fingers.

Advanced Through Ball (the one with the circle) is more difficult to master but offers complete freedom. With PA0 and Advanced Through Ball you can put the ball on any spot of the pitch you want. I recommend to play 4 or 5 games with the circle and then hide it and the controls become natural. More errors but when you put the ball where you want is more rewarding. There are through balls that can only be performed on Advanced mode.

Best thing about PES are the controls. When you make an error you know it the second you push the buttons. The same when you make a great pass or shoot, you can feel it in your fingers.
Well pur
Once you start playing advanced through balls it's hard to go back to anything else.
I wouldn't play anything else

I think it's more positive than negative. It's just most of the negative points are about the non-stop wing attacks and pass to near post.

I see a lot having fun here.
that’s good to know

I only skimmed the last few pages to be honest

I want to go back and play my ML but my children are hogging YouTube on the tv ... Babybum every single day driving me crazy [its a child nursery rhyme programme]

Do you mean circle as in pressing circle doing a lofted/high pass or circe as in the aiming circle
I meant aiming circle, when you have Advanced Throughballs selected

Cheers, guys. I think I get it now.
With pass support 0 they are both manual, advanced is just more precise and gives you more control.
Will have to try it out.

I'm enjoying it, although I'm seeing little annoyances that in the back of my mind I know will become too much after a while.

One thing I am happy about is the fact that I' actually getting freekicks. It's taken them far far too long to sort it, literally years, but I finally think they have.
good thing is that cpu gives you hard time organising good attacks and they are very rewarding. hope they fix wings attack and manual headers soon

So many negative feedback here I am surprised

Anyone here who like the game?

It’s definitely got flaws but I am enjoying ... for now.

I will still get Fifa as well for the online as pes is still terrible in multiplayer
I think there are many who enjoy the game as well. I personally think it's great .. i love it, although i do agree that with some improvements it could be even better

Back
Top Bottom