PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Thanks! Didn't know pushing the LS diagonal down(left or right) can do wonders on free kicks.
In Pes2018, I only push either left or right.
Congrats.
I scored likes this too.
It’s not new in 2019. LS down for chipped (chipped curler with left or right) and LS up for more straight/faster fee kick.
Looks better but is as simple/unrewarding as regular free kick over the wall, imo.
We had some nice fk system... shame it’s gone.

I've been starting to wonder whether konami have had another translation issue where they mean the opposite of what they've written. Containment area - Middle, implies that you want to contain them in the middle surely? When you look at the description of both options (wide, middle) it could be construed slightly differently. I can't remember the exact wording. Can someone test both to try and get some concrete evidence. (I have to go to work or I'd be doing it right now!)

Yep the containment middle imply that you block the wing in order to force the cpu to play toward the center and you or your teammates to intercept the ball toward the center of the pitch.

I though that when we use middle is to close the middle more :CONFUSE:

Don't worry, Konami don't have a fucking clue what their own settings do either.

In Pes 15 or 16, can't remember which, the help menu on the main screen regarding containment wide & centre stated the exact opposite to the help menu in the gameplan screen.
ie. Main screen said that centre made your defenders stay central, whereas the gameplan help menu said centre pushed the opposition attackers central.
I took a screenshot of it back in the day, will try to find it.
They've changed what the main menu one says now, but of course it still doesn't clarify anything lol.

#konamilogic
#statsmatter

I still don't understand scouts in MyClub. If anyone can explain what they do and why I would want to big for one ideally appreciate it

you can combine the free & auction house agents to get players you want, the Pesdb.net website has agent combinations for most players ( though their Pes 2019 database isn't up yet ), it's time consuming but it's the only way to get players you want, last night I was looking through some squads looking for a big strong CB and noticed Senegalese defender ' MBODJI ' who plays for Anderlecht, big and powerful, just what I was looking for, so I did an agent simulation combining a 3 star Senegal agent and a 3 star anderlecht agent ( he's 77 rated) and the only player listed was MBODJI, that meant i only needed those two agents to sign him, and from there i did an auction house search, found those agents and put in bids for them, the final round of the auctions was to today and i was lucky enough to be the highest bidder on both agent auctions, so at the end of the day i managed to get a player i actually picked myself for around 18000 gp altogether.

you can combine the free & auction house agents to get players you want, the Pesdb.net website has agent combinations for most players ( though their Pes 2019 database isn't up yet ), it's time consuming but it's the only way to get players you want, last night I was looking through some squads looking for a big strong CB and noticed Senegalese defender ' MBODJI ' who plays for Anderlecht, big and powerful, just what I was looking for, so I did an agent simulation combining a 3 star Senegal agent and a 3 star anderlecht agent ( he's 77 rated) and the only player listed was MBODJI, that meant i only needed those two agents to sign him, and from there i did an auction house search, found those agents and put in bids for them, the final round of the auctions was to today and i was lucky enough to be the highest bidder on both agent auctions, so at the end of the day i managed to get a player i actually picked myself for around 18000 gp altogether.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. For newbies to myclub, like older players such as myself, info like this is priceless.

Spot on, thanks for that! Not sure why Konami have made it so complicated!

I’ve played many games of this now. Only exhibition and ML games.

PES 2019 is beautiful ... frustrating ... addicting ... satisfying ... annoying ... rewarding ... flawed ... deep ... a huge step in the right direction gameplay wise ... needs more effort presentation wise

I can’t stop playing and thinking about it ... it’s like PES 5 at times, just keeps me going back for another game and then another game and then another game

It’s good ... very very very good.

I’ve played many games of this now. Only exhibition and ML games.

PES 2019 is beautiful ... frustrating ... addicting ... satisfying ... annoying ... rewarding ... flawed ... deep ... a huge step in the right direction gameplay wise ... needs more effort presentation wise

I can’t stop playing and thinking about it ... it’s like PES 5 at times, just keeps me going back for another game and then another game and then another game

It’s good ... very very very good.
wait until its patched and AI sorted, will be glorious

In true Konami style, they've single handedly made their flagship mode - MyClub even worse. I'd go so far as to kill it for long term play.

This 'new' Feature Player is laughable. A small selection of players chosen each week to get a stat boost. A shit inform copycat tbh.
The problem is that each player on the list gets a massive update, and it's permanent. eg. ZIYECH (scored 1 goal last wk) gets a 12 pt upgrade making his overall 96. G. SIMEONE (scored a hattrick) gets a 13 pt upgrade - overall 96, making him a better striker than Romario in the game lol.
These players can only be gotten with coins, which of course can only be gotten with real money, after you spend your initial gifted ones.
Pay2win on another level tbf.

I give this mode maybe 3wks to a month before every team (still playing) will have a 96 rated, or better, in every position on the pitch, and a bench full of 88-90 rated legends.

Maybe their plan this yr is so short term, to get as much microtransactions out of idiots that pay for that stuff before fifa is released.

So let me get this right - Pes is going in the right direction slowly but surely?
Offline - ai & modes are incredibly lacking. Zero progression from '18, major regression from 10yrs ago.
Online divisions - no meaningful matchmaking filters, so play against R.M., Juve, PSG, Barca every game, no matter who you choose.
MyClub - have a superstar filled pingpongers wet dream team before even kicking a ball. Have a team of 90+ rated players 10 matches later.

Pes couldn't be further from its roots if it tried. And trying is one of the last things Konami can be accused of lol.

In true Konami style, they've single handedly made their flagship mode - MyClub even worse. I'd go so far as to kill it for long term play.

This 'new' Feature Player is laughable. A small selection of players chosen each week to get a stat boost. A shit inform copycat tbh.
The problem is that each player on the list gets a massive update, and it's permanent. eg. ZIYECH (scored 1 goal last wk) gets a 12 pt upgrade making his overall 96. G. SIMEONE (scored a hattrick) gets a 13 pt upgrade - overall 96, making him a better striker than Romario in the game lol.
These players can only be gotten with coins, which of course can only be gotten with real money, after you spend your initial gifted ones.
Pay2win on another level tbf.

I give this mode maybe 3wks to a month before every team (still playing) will have a 96 rated, or better, in every position on the pitch, and a bench full of 88-90 rated legends.

Maybe their plan this yr is so short term, to get as much microtransactions out of idiots that pay for that stuff before fifa is released.

So let me get this right - Pes is going in the right direction slowly but surely?
Offline - ai & modes are incredibly lacking. Zero progression from '18, major regression from 10yrs ago.
Online divisions - no meaningful matchmaking filters, so play against R.M., Juve, PSG, Barca every game, no matter who you choose.
MyClub - have a superstar filled pingpongers wet dream team before even kicking a ball. Have a team of 90+ rated players 10 matches later.

Pes couldn't be further from its roots if it tried. And trying is one of the last things Konami can be accused of lol.
MyClub and FUT are everything that’s wrong with football gaming in 2018.

Anyone has a clue what the difference between a Youth Prospect and a Protegé in Master League is?
It says the Youth Prospect earns more points in training, while a Protegé gets more experience points when playing. I just have not yet figured out what experience points in ML are supposed to be since they are not displayed anywhere.

@PotatoCouch how is the adjustment period for the full manual going? I’ve been thinking about switching from PA1 to full manual two years now and I finally did it today. What a change! Game opens up tremendously and you see new animations because of the misplaced passes etc. I know it’ll be tough in the beginning but eventually I’ll get the hang of it. Full manual it is from now on for me. I’m not looking back:) :TU:

Manual (sorry PA guys&girls) is the way to go ,pretty much since it was intruduced on -12.
You can argue about the freedom of it Vs your dropped pass %,but in the end it opens up the game tremendously.

Plus I've always used it as "house rules" keeping the game tougher,but in a less cheaty way from the CPU.
And since Pes 12-13 it also has effect on the CPU lowering their pass percentage making them play more human,and if You're average or even ok playing manual,you don't need to go over professional difficulty either.

We all have different taste and preference,but it adds something extra when on it.

"These players can only be gotten with coins, which of course can only be gotten with real money, after you spend your initial gifted ones.
Pay2win on another level "

You can get a decent team with accumulating coins from within the game and there is no need to use real money. I have played Myclub for the last 3 years and never spent real money on the mode.

Just had a breathtaking game v Barcelona. Lost 1-0. Yes only one goal ... so many talking points ....

We finally have a PES worth talking about IMO

What's funny is a year ago I said i wouldn't fall for pes again. After a week im at the "ok time to shelve it and wait to see if they fix the game breaking bug"

Video below is not mine. But its pretty much my experience

https://v.redd.it/h4h959i9hoj11
I just had a game to give it one more chance. Played Arsenal, purposely backed off and didnt tackle soon as they approached my box. Not one shot straight out to the wing, and when they entered my box there was about 5-6 passes among each other (little tiki taka stuff) until they hit the penalty spot, then shot. Well and truly shelved until a patch is out.

Tried it on top player, professional, superstar, altering tactics, game speed the works. Boggles my mind how it got past testing internally

going to return the game back today, dont get me wrong is a good game with massive potential IF they sort out the AI issues with the patch, il be waiting for that, if its sorted il gladly rebuy the game again.

"These players can only be gotten with coins, which of course can only be gotten with real money, after you spend your initial gifted ones.
Pay2win on another level "

You can get a decent team with accumulating coins from within the game and there is no need to use real money. I have played Myclub for the last 3 years and never spent real money on the mode.

Exactly mate, you earn GP through playing and winning matches, now it may take you a bit longer to get a decent team together but it's a lot more fulfilling that just whacking a credit card and firing a superstar team on the park, where's the fun in that i ask ?

@PotatoCouch how is the adjustment period for the full manual going? I’ve been thinking about switching from PA1 to full manual two years now and I finally did it today. What a change! Game opens up tremendously and you see new animations because of the misplaced passes etc. I know it’ll be tough in the beginning but eventually I’ll get the hang of it. Full manual it is from now on for me. I’m not looking back:) :TU:

Hahahaha simply put, it's frustrating.

This is the observation of only pass support set to Manual everything else default.

The difference in stats is very obvious where I didn't attempt much shoot, simply because the build up did not happen. My style of play is short passing, so lots of possession and passing around and with pass support being switched off, i am finding it extremely difficult to pass from Defence to Midfield to Attackers. Most of the time, the pass didn't make it, not because AI defending but mostly from unforced errors. So to give you an example, when my winger is free and ready to accept ball, my defender pass it outbound (throw in line). I blame it to lack of training and gamelad L3 being extremely sensitive.

So if I can make the ball to my strikers,, chance is I can score but i can't even do so.

10 mins be that Pro, Top difficulty, it's the same $h1t to me.

However if you can master this passing, i can understand how the game becomes even more better.

What exactly do OF makers do with the duplicates?
GQdp54S.jpg

So i assume they keep the real Iwobi and where do they dispose H.GUNDRY (the fake Iwobi)?

Hahahaha simply put, it's frustrating.

This is the observation of only pass support set to Manual everything else default.

The difference in stats is very obvious where I didn't attempt much shoot, simply because the build up did not happen. My style of play is short passing, so lots of possession and passing around and with pass support being switched off, i am finding it extremely difficult to pass from Defence to Midfield to Attackers. Most of the time, the pass didn't make it, not because AI defending but mostly from unforced errors. So to give you an example, when my winger is free and ready to accept ball, my defender pass it outbound (throw in line). I blame it to lack of training and gamelad L3 being extremely sensitive.

So if I can make the ball to my strikers,, chance is I can score but i can't even do so.

However if you can master this passing, i can understand how the game becomes even more better.

A friend play pass support off the first time yesterday and he has the same problems as you. Passes from right center defenders to right midfielder on the wing near the sideline goes out. What i say to him first was that now he can see how pass support 1 (he plays it normally) works. This direction he aimed, out of the habit of pass support 1, is far away and that show me pa1 help that the ball "find" the target no matter of an basically correct angle. And thats the point, to find an correct angle come from your viewing direction. Activate the guidline and see how it works, it sensitive, but i guarantee you will get better after 5 matches. Most people give up after half game and go back. Dont give up its better and make the whole experience far better. I had to say if Konami deleted the manual play, i would never play it anymore, fur sure!!

Last edited:
My style of play is short passing, so lots of possession and passing around and with pass support being switched off, i am finding it extremely difficult to pass from Defence to Midfield to Attackers. Most of the time, the pass didn't make it, not because AI defending but mostly from unforced errors. So to give you an example, when my winger is free and ready to accept ball, my defender pass it outbound (throw in line). I blame it to lack of training and gamelad L3 being extremely sensitive.

I have exactly the same situation, pal. Same settings, same frustration, same problems. Most difficult is to build up attack from my half after interception. Either I pass it out of play, or straight back to them. Its really tough. Beautiful, but so damn frustrating.. cant seems to find right speed either. -1 is bit too slow when on No Pass Support, 0 is bit too fast. Had to take a break and go back to PA1, coz I really, really wanted to win today..even one game.. haha! :D

If i see another back heel in the box by the AI my tv is going out the window. Seriously how can the game come out with this low cross and backheel repetitive nonsense.

Scored some great goals tonight but the goals the ai score...low cross backheel backheel goal are driving me insane.

Question. Now that I switched to manual inspired by @PotatoCouch :D I turned everything to manual including the through balls. But what’s up with through balls set to advanced? I literally press the button lightly and it goes 100 miles an hour lol. Anyone?

Question. Now that I switched to manual inspired by @PotatoCouch :D I turned everything to manual including the through balls. But what’s up with through balls set to advanced? I literally press the button lightly and it goes 100 miles an hour lol. Anyone?

Advanced through balls are a bit weird, I wrote a thing on this a few days ago. It's worth going to training and turning on the guide marker so you can see what's happening. It's not so much about the power bar and more about how long you hold the left stick in the direction you are passing. With the guide on you'll see the circular cursor go zooming off into the distance and it's that which makes your passes fly like they've been fired out of a cannon. It is amazing in certain situations with the bend you can put on them but I find it tricky for short passes. You can hold the manual modifier button down and get a regular manual through-ball so at least that option is still there.

(Edit to avoid double post) Just into October in my ML and got a note in the info screens ( after a game but before the ML main menu) telling me that Sokratis had picked up a strain in training, probably due to playing too much and was out for 2 weeks. Nice touch. About ten years too late but still.

Last edited:
Advanced through balls are a bit weird, I wrote a thing on this a few days ago. It's worth going to training and turning on the guide marker so you can see what's happening. It's not so much about the power bar and more about how long you hold the left stick in the direction you are passing. With the guide on you'll see the circular cursor go zooming off into the distance and it's that which makes your passes fly like they've been fired out of a cannon. It is amazing in certain situations with the bend you can put on them but I find it tricky for short passes. You can hold the manual modifier button down and get a regular manual through-ball so at least that option is still there.

(Edit to avoid double post) Just into October in my ML and got a note in the info screens ( after a game but before the ML main menu) telling me that Sokratis had picked up a strain in training, probably due to playing too much and was out for 2 weeks. Nice touch. About ten years too late but still.

Thank you for the tip. It was doing my head in:D Played a few quick matches online although I’m not exactly ready for full manual vs pa3 just quiet yet. lol. I held up my own but lost 1-0 in both matches.

Back to the training ground...

Back
Top Bottom