PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

@Antoine (or any other who knows)
Is it possible to switch it all off mid way through ML season?? Would I have to restart ML??
I honestly dont have as many complaints as people here. My AI seems decent enough and Im enjoying it. But I wouldnt say no to make it more various and interesting regardless.

I concede a lot againt the CPU (Legend difficulty), but not by counter attacks. Most of the time i manage to block the way on goal with some player switching (especially because the don´t like to go one-on-one that much), forcing the CPU to wait for other passing opportunities. It works best if you avoid to use the secondary pressure buttons.
To me, this year it’s a big part to use single and team press wisely (few taps here and there, it’s hard to describe) combining it with manual positioning you player at stick. And then add some more features like moving your team up by holding left or right digi cross (and you all know double tap for offside trap and changing whole team style and such).
At least I use it more and a little different then before (the single and team press). Being able to force the AI to play back to their own half and than make them switch sides and try again, is one positive light shining in the dark room called “AI behavior”!
When it flows, I don’t have to think of it. I just do it. Sometimes even doing some awkward moves like right digi cross and LS control with my left thumb only. It’s a madhouse! :D

Is it possible to switch it all off mid way through ML season?? Would I have to restart ML??
I honestly dont have as many complaints as people here. My AI seems decent enough and Im enjoying it. But I wouldnt say no to make it more various and interesting regardless.

I think you need to restart ML...but don't get this 100% sure :)

@Antoine

Good job mate

But even if you turn off advanced tactics at one point the Cpu switch to "on" to activate tactics even if you had set on "off"

No if you turn them off in the edit section they will stay off as the CPU has nothing to choose from. Of course I have only been playing exhibition matches.

Think you may need to edit and then restart. Ive definitely seen a difference. it also plays extremely well when the conditioning is set to maximum

The goals can be satisfying but the ball bouncing out of the net EVERY SINGLE TIME gets on my wick. The ball should roll around the bottom of the net not bounce out as soon as it is hit!

I concede a lot againt the CPU (Legend difficulty), but not by counter attacks. Most of the time i manage to block the way on goal with some player switching (especially because the don´t like to go one-on-one that much), forcing the CPU to wait for other passing opportunities. It works best if you avoid to use the secondary pressure buttons.

I should've added my experience is strictly based on BAL; it's my favorite mode and the only mode I play so almost everything is dictated by the AI. It's just a pain to see one pass from the backline to the striker(s) because the midfield is nowhere to be seen.

Haven't really given up on Pes 19 (patch please) but I'm playing 18 a lot,and a few things that bothered me I've tried to correct.

1.players being out of position, especially when the Cpu counter attacks.
I've switched off fluid formation,even though all CPU teams still has it,my own team doesn't,and my team plays much tighter,pretty much erased that problem.

2. player responsiveness
How many times have you felt like your waking up your players when switching to them?
Or the ball slowly rolling out and you can't reach it?

I've moved from -1 game speed to zero.
And my players are much more alive,plus that being on zero game speed makes your player movement match ball movement.
Havent tried it on 19,but it works very well on Pes 18,and I'm having a great time playing it.
20 Min PA0

It's funny because I play on -2 because of how out of position the AI is. Slower speed somewhat allows the AI to get back into position. But even when it's still very end to end at times in BAL matches in 2019.

I should've added my experience is strictly based on BAL; it's my favorite mode and the only mode I play so almost everything is dictated by the AI. It's just a pain to see one pass from the backline to the striker(s) because the midfield is nowhere to be seen.

It's funny because I play on -2 because of how out of position the AI is. Slower speed somewhat allows the AI to get back into position. But even when it's still very end to end at times in BAL matches in 2019.
I'm a bit tired of how bad the response is from my players on -1.
Even though I prefer -1,my ML plays better on zero.

BAL is a mode and be only tried a few times,funny but I exclusively play player career mode on fifa,but what breaks it for me with BAL is that you can't control (or have the option) the whole team

No if you turn them off in the edit section they will stay off as the CPU has nothing to choose from. Of course I have only been playing exhibition matches.

I tried to do the same months ago..change formation from edit mode....but i have seen that Cpu despite tactics turned off was able to activate tactics...maybe every club has tactics pre-set even if you turned off them

I tried to do the same months ago..change formation from edit mode....but i have seen that Cpu despite tactics turned off was able to activate tactics...maybe every club has tactics pre-set even if you turned off them
Yes, there are some teams that activate "advanced tactics" even if you turn them off in "edit mode", but not all.
Maybe, just the teams with team ID.
That's right, there's a team ID even though it's not obvious and every team kinda plays/feels the same.:))

Last edited:
if anyone has any tips how to enjoy this game in ML , let me know. It seems I've reach the end it looks like. It's just me fighting against the cheat engine now. First few seasons were good, great even at times but I can't stand this anymore. I've got a very solid team and good TS but every. single. fucking. goal I concede comes from straight cheating. NEVER ever from a carefuly crafted chance or long range effort, everything is a cheaty mess. Also when I'm on the offense. In the final third my players just go to shit. Suddenly they need two or three extra touches, stumble over each other and so on. Each and every single time. If by some fuckng miracle this does not happen and I can actually get past a 60 to 70 rated bum defender then the goalkeeper will save my shot through some superhuman intervention or my player will just aim for the goddamn corner flag. All the while my midfield is grossly out of position which means I'm in danger of being hit on the break each and every time.

Sigh...goddamn it

Pretty much my ML experience in a nutshell.

Game is fantastic when you pass the ball around in your own half - great ball physics, spot on pace, organic, realistic - a dream.

When you enter the other half and the closer you get to the box it starts to deteriorate because your offensive possibilities are so limited. In comparison to the COM your players are handicapped in speed, urgency, agility and stamina. The ball carrier is closed down too effectively even by shit players. Your team mates make stupid runs, position themselves unintuitively, headers are nerfed (which makes crosses and corners useless), shots from outside the box are either blocked or go wide or caught. Dribbling is too risky against a seemingly clairvoyant AI that can turn on a penny without any regards to momentum. The only remaining offensive option is a boring 1-2ing into the box or to the touch line and then finish from close range. The few exceptions (I scored a header yesterday with Rondon off a Ritchie cross) seem like „freak“ incidents and as such simply a matter of luck (or the computer‘s „generosity“) rather than genuine, reproducible results of your honed skills.

Finally, when the COM takes over, whatever was left in realism goes down the sinkhole especially when every shit team you play against seems to pull out their „game of the year“ performance and Huddersfield players suddenly discover their inner Ronaldos.

I am wondering how Adam/Konami could be made aware of all this. It‘s too complex to explain in one or two sentences - let alone in in one twitter post, it‘s only recognizable after you‘ve played for an extended time and more recognizable in ML than in exhibition mode (which means no reviewer will pick up on it and everyone will think that the entire game plays exactly like in a TrueBrits video).

Game is fantastic when you pass the ball around in your own half - great ball physics, spot on pace, organic, realistic - a dream.

When you enter the other half and the closer you get to the box it starts to deteriorate because your offensive possibilities are so limited. In comparison to the COM your players are handicapped in speed, urgency, agility and stamina. The ball carrier is closed down too effectively even by shit players. Your team mates make stupid runs, position themselves unintuitively, headers are nerfed (which makes crosses and corners useless), shots from outside the box are either blocked or go wide or caught. Dribbling is too risky against a seemingly clairvoyant AI that can turn on a penny without any regards to momentum. The only remaining offensive option is a boring 1-2ing into the box or to the touch line and then finish from close range. The few exceptions (I scored a header yesterday with Rondon off a Ritchie cross) seem like „freak“ incidents and as such simply a matter of luck (or the computer‘s „generosity“) rather than genuine, reproducible results of your honed skills.

Finally, when the COM takes over, whatever was left in realism goes down the sinkhole especially when every shit team you play against seems to pull out their „game of the year“ performance and Huddersfield players suddenly discover their inner Ronaldos.

I am wondering how Adam/Konami could be made aware of all this. It‘s too complex to explain in one or two sentences - let alone in in one twitter post, it‘s only recognizable after you‘ve played for an extended time and more recognizable in ML than in exhibition mode (which means no reviewer will pick up on it and everyone will think that the entire game plays exactly like in a TrueBrits video).

Perfect summary of the game. Small improvements have been made such as volleys and first touches. But where it matters most, (scoring and conceding) this is the most limited, boring, predictable and all round worst PES I have ever played.

I hear ya. The frustrating part here is that you sense that there is so much potential under the hood. I think getting rid of TS would go a long way in solving this. It's a good idea but simply doesn't work in practice which the past three pes games have proven. As soon as the cheat engine switches on it all goes down the drain. I don't think there has ever been a game that enraged me as much as this pes at its worst. Scripting has always been in pes and it NEEDS to be to some degree in order to keep it challenging. But not to these extreme levels. I think Konami are perfectly aware of this and just let it be so ML becomes unplayable and players are drawn to myclub OR they just can't be bothered and don't put any effort into ML anymore. Which it sure as hell looks like going off the past 4 or 5 years.

I think Konami are perfectly aware of this and just let it be so ML becomes unplayable and players are drawn to myclub

It didn't work for me and i think it won't work for them in the long term. Remember, if they really think they can get away with reducing Pes to Myclub they are really mistaken. Thankfully reviews this year have already started to lower their Pes review scores because of lack of innovation and longevity in offline modes,they already called them out (especially reviews like the Eurogamer one), another year like this and they will really score low in reviews. It's not something they can allow if they want to sell.

Anyway, in my case they managed to make me play Myclub, but just with free to play, i waited and i'm now playing once every few days some online matches and that's it. Konami didn't receive a single cent from me this year, nice job, i guess.

I don't know how or if they will survive for the next years, i only know i don't like this new Pes trend at all, and i won't support them until they show some respect to offline players too.

...nor a reflection in any way of your players' stats - the nerfed headers being a perfect example and one that really gets on my nerves.

I've altered player stats to have 99 heading ability AND the header trait, yet they do exactly the exact same scripted header than glances off their head and goes just high/wide of the far post 95% of the time. It was clearly a reaction by Konami to people complaining headers were too easy in 18, so now they reduced them to point where it's about a 5% chance of NOT getting the scripted fluff header, so there's no point even trying. And I play using fixed cursor, so it is my AI controlled team-mates that are missing, not me "not knowing how to do it".

Go back to 18 and there is a wonderful array of crosses and variety of headers - straight forward nodding in a cross, power headers into the roof of the net, power headers down into the ground, looping headers from a distance, little low-down dinked headers and full-blown diving headers - some lovely animations that just don't seem to be in the game this year. Now all I see 95% of the time is the scripted fluffed header past the far post. These are supposed to be elite professional footballers, ffs. Utter shite.

Yet every player can pass and shoot with 100% precision, never a single mis-kick, always perfect technique, no matter if their passing and shooting stats are 40 or 100. Boring shite.

I'm wondering the same thing. I turned it on the first time in a bit and I had to stop because it was the same thing; AI playing way too quick while constantly out of position.

Am I crazy for thinking my player should've at least attempted to intercept this?
You got nutmegged.:LMAO:
Don't worry, you're not crazy.:DD Things like those that doesn't make sense happens a lot on PES.
I really hate it when defenders ignore the ball(specially on the final passes) because it can lead to some very cheap goals.
----------

I like my new head gear, it fits perfectly.
Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2019-Screenshot-2018-12-09-17-09-33-22.png

Did I just saw the ball passed through Lukaku's torso?:SHOCK:
ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif

Last edited:
Something with this game suddenly turned in PES 2018 again. Every pass is forward-forward again. Midfielders raising their hands up like attackers. What happened?
Yes good call. I noticed this as well. Before there were just flashes of pes 18 gameplay now it's more the norm than the exception. Very alarming to me since pes 18 was unplayable for me and almost as bad as pes 2008 in my view.

I feel so sorry for you offline- guys. :(

I'm sorry for the state of Pes and everyone that still believed in them followiung the usual empty promises.
Pes doesn't deserve to be treated this way, the last few Pes have very little of the real Pes.

If during Ps3 generation they tried to recapture that magic and almost did it with Pes 2013, after Pes 2014 onwards seems like they lost the will to improve, they just made sure to make a playable, simple game, fun to play for short bursts, once in a while. But it's deep as a puddle right now. Most of its complexity and fun depth coming from Ps2 and to a certain degree, Ps3 games, has been lost.

Player individuality reduced to visual individuality, stats meaning nothing at all, offline modes being abandoned since years, AI teams playing far from a real life team.

They only improved control and responsiveness. Pes feels good when you can control and dribble with the ball, but the problem is, it's way too linear and samey ball control for every player. It's like they addressed the most common complaint of the game being clunky during Ps3 generation, but forgot to reintroduce individuality elements to distinguish players.

Even playing now Pes 2019 myclub vs CPU when i see some players with 60 ball control moving with the ball like they have 90 or so, even if the goal has been great makes me feel sad.

I mean, when i see low rated players constantly doing things that they shouldn't be able to according to their stats i lose all interest in the game. This happens both when i score or when i concede in unrealistic ways.

Just as an example: one of the last few matches during a counterattack with a 1vs1 struggle with a defender that was desperately trying to reach me. Well, the defender managed to reach me, pushed melike a crazy, he was a beast, 85 or so physical contact, he should have been able to stop my attacker with 65 physical contact. He should have been able to push me down, but nope. My attacker managed to resist without even stumbling one bit and i scored. I felt bad.

Physical contact means nothing. Speed means nothing. Ball control means nothing, header means nothing, shooting precision, power and finesse mean nothing. Only long passing somehow has some kind of influnce on precision, and that is only relegated to special passing abilities that some players like Modric have, but that shouldn't be locked behing specific player abilities.

It's just not a matter of modes and offline. It's the gameplay that has regressed to a much simpler state right now. Yes, it can be fun, but it's not able to keep being fun if you play more than one hour of consecutive matches. That also impacts the longevity of the game and its lasting appeal. The pitch is ours motto feel like a joke right now, honestly.

Yes, there are some teams that activate "advanced tactics" even if you turn them off in "edit mode", but not all.
Maybe, just the teams with team ID.
That's right, there's a team ID even thought it's not obvious and every team kinda plays/feels the same.:))

Are you using any gameplay mod?

I'm sorry for the state of Pes and everyone that still believed in them followiung the usual empty promises.
Pes doesn't deserve to be treated this way, the last few Pes have very little of the real Pes.

If during Ps3 generation they tried to recapture that magic and almost did it with Pes 2013, after Pes 2014 onwards seems like they lost the will to improve, they just made sure to make a playable, simple game, fun to play for short bursts, once in a while.

You are probably right but I have stopped analyzing PES in that way and just take it for what it is (imo) which is decent and enjoyable to pick up and play for a quick footy fix. And I get that in Online Divisions.

But in the bigger picture PES is subpar of course. And I have also given up hope of them coming back to some sort glory days, it will never happen. I see it more of a indie game that have glimpses of brilliance.

Are you using any gameplay mod?
I don't use any gameplay mods.
I just use 3 mods that I can't live without, which is PTE-patch for kits/balls, Endo for turf and Nesa for Cam.
I use default option file as I only play exhibition matches offline.

Last edited:
The ML is less annoying once you're 1/3 of the season. Clocked some wins as well.

The thing that i hate in ML is always the first month of the season. Especially the ICC when your opponent doesn't scale up with your club level. I am playing as Ligue 2 club why am i paired with Liverpool, Inter Milan and FC Basel? Also the headline does really annoy me when it take the losses on the bounce from the ICC as your "official" loss. Eg: if your lost all of your 3 ICC matches + opening fixture, the headline will paint everything doom and gloom like "XXX is on 4-matches losing streak"

Back
Top Bottom