PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

As long as gameplay is what it is now,and not before,way back when I stopped playing it (backheels/chipped balls etc)
Has the AI stopped doing the overhead balls into the channels now? I did get tired of that, myself. The backheel thing definitely still exists at the player level—i.e., I pull off backheels all the time, without trying to. Really hope that gets looked at.

Has the AI stopped doing the overhead balls into the channels now? I did get tired of that, myself. The backheel thing definitely still exists at the player level—i.e., I pull off backheels all the time, without trying to. Really hope that gets looked at.
You will probably hear "fake news...placebo" etc.
But I gave up my ML in Oct/Nov because of that,and now I'm enjoying it,so that's my take on it.
Backheels exists,not as much as before,and certainly not when CPU are trying to build up play.

I'm seeing very little/few chipped through balls.
There's a reason why I'm playing this game now,and a reason i stoppede before.
I'd say it's an ok game now,compared to before.
When scripting hits you with full force,yeah you'll still seem em,but before you saw it every game

Most of my games now,the CPU has 80-85 pass % as to 85-95 before

I'm pretty sure this game has reverted back to its pre patch glory again,or is it just me.
Past 5-6 games I've had one good,Vs Man U,the rest have been Vs opponents at the bottom of the table.
They just play through me,pass percentage up in the 90 s again.
I have no way of defending,7-8 passes on a string and a goal.
Could be me,but it's awful BV again,at least for me.

It's a joy playing 17 compared to this right now.
If you've had other experiences or the same as me,let me know.
I'm not touching this one in a while

I'm pretty sure this game has reverted back to its pre patch glory again,or is it just me.
Past 5-6 games I've had one good,Vs Man U,the rest have been Vs opponents at the bottom of the table.
They just play through me,pass percentage up in the 90 s again.
I have no way of defending,7-8 passes on a string and a goal.
Could be me,but it's awful BV again,at least for me.

It's a joy playing 17 compared to this right now.
If you've had other experiences or the same as me,let me know.
I'm not touching this one in a while
Yo Rockstro! This my friend is called "adaptive AI". The AI does not adapt your playstyle and your patterns. It just handicaps you as much % as it is programmed to give "suspense" to the ML ,according to KONAMI's logic always.
I made an "experiment" the last 2 days. I was playing ToPplayer ML in PES League edited in my Mediterranean League,turkish, greek teams etc. After 2 seasons where i finished 3rd and 2nd respectively, i was pissed off with the Team owner and decided to change club.Paris SG proposed me, but i requested and went to PARIS FC Ligue 2. Paris FC was last in the season table (20th).
So in my first season (third totally in ML) in Ligue 2, as i am not from France, i could not recognize or memorize and even spell some teams,like Chamois Niortais, Bourg en Bresse. All teams in Ligue 2 are about 2 stars OVR and the best teams are Valenciennes,Lens and Nancy 2,5 stars. Until now ,i'm in February 2020, i'm first with 2 points difference from 2nd and 3rd. I have seen through season many types of games. 2-3 normal, 2-3 hard scripted. For example when i was 3rd i played with Lens who was first and undefeated. For some reason script-switch was forgotten "off" and i won them 8-1! After i climbed to the top (1st position) i started to have some bad results and the most epic is that the last 3 games, after transfer window was closed, the game is tracking me by all manners. It has been 3 consecutive games that i was winning 2-0 until 75', the most recent with the last team of the table Havre FC, and after 75' i conceded two goals hands down to a final 2-2. The fact is that the 2nd and 3rd teams of the League got also draws, so the game keeps them tracking me in point blank -2 points difference. It impresses me cause as i said before i do not know the Ligue 2 teams so every time i play a match like this i go and check their league position and their squad stats only to find that it was a mediocre league 2 star team below the 10th position.
As i said, it is like an experiment, because i do not know the teams and their stats don't seem to matter or simulated in the pitch. When i was playing in PES league and lost to Galatasaray 3-0 i told my self "ok they are Galata" ,when i lost to AEK i thought "Ok it is AEK, good players this year". In League 2 as most teams are unknowns after these matches, i tell myself "this should be Ligue 2's Barcelona" only to find that it was the 16th team of League table that achieved 12 goals in 19 matches and 3 against me in 15 minutes! But after all these months of trials and debates about scripting, i feel so tired to make new experiments, so i decided i will try to live with it. Good (sometimes) or bad (most times)!

Also something crucial i forgot to mention. @vxcmplx told us before about the advantages of using super cancel and how it breaks the rails. I confirm now that running with R2+R1 (supercancel) can often by-pass the catch up bug. Even if you are with your speedy striker and you are running only with R1 ,shoulder to shoulder with the opponent defender after a through ball or a chipped through ball, 9/10 times you are caught by catch-up. Ok i know it seems pointless to use super cancel to just sprint some meters ahead. But if you try to run with super-cancel you will see a clipped animation where you player will starting moving a little bit faster and you will outrun the defender like he was slowed down by invisible chains and shutters them after. This at least off-the ball. On the ball you are being caught up even if you run a 99 speed player vs a 40 speed player.

Last edited:
Yo Rockstro! This my friend is called "adaptive AI". The AI does not adapt your playstyle and your patterns. It just handicaps you as much % as it is programmed to give "suspense" to the ML ,according to KONAMI's logic always.
I made an "experiment" the last 2 days. I was playing ToPplayer ML in PES League edited in my Mediterranean League,turkish, greek teams etc. After 2 seasons where i finished 3rd and 2nd respectively, i was pissed off with the Team owner and decided to change club.Paris SG proposed me, but i requested and went to PARIS FC Ligue 2. Paris FC was last in the season table (20th).
So in my first season (third totally in ML) in Ligue 2, as i am not from France, i could not recognize or memorize and even spell some teams,like Chamois Niortais, Bourg en Bresse. All teams in Ligue 2 are about 2 stars OVR and the best teams are Valenciennes,Lens and Nancy 2,5 stars. Until now ,i'm in February 2020, i'm first with 2 points difference from 2nd and 3rd. I have seen through season many types of games. 2-3 normal, 2-3 hard scripted. For example when i was 3rd i played with Lens who was first and undefeated. For some reason script-switch was forgotten "off" and i won them 8-1! After i climbed to the top (1st position) i started to have some bad results and the most epic is that the last 3 games, after transfer window was closed, the game is tracking me by all manners. It has been 3 consecutive games that i was winning 2-0 until 75', the most recent with the last team of the table Havre FC, and after 75' i conceded two goals hands down to a final 2-2. The fact is that the 2nd and 3rd teams of the League got also draws, so the game keeps them tracking me in point blank -2 points difference. It impresses me cause as i said before i do not know the Ligue 2 teams so every time i play a match like this i go and check their league position and their squad stats only to find that it was a mediocre league 2 star team below the 10th position.
As i said, it is like an experiment, because i do not know the teams and their stats don't seem to matter or simulated in the pitch. When i was playing in PES league and lost to Galatasaray 3-0 i told my self "ok they are Galata" ,when i lost to AEK i thought "Ok it is AEK, good players this year". In League 2 as most teams are unknowns after these matches, i tell myself "this should be Ligue 2's Barcelona" only to find that it was the 16th team of League table that achieved 12 goals in 19 matches and 3 against me in 15 minutes! But after all these months of trials and debates about scripting, i feel so tired to make new experiments, so i decided i will try to live with it. Good (sometimes) or bad (most times)!
It's so frustrating,like coming home to a psycho girlfriend,some days are good some horrible

There is a new update file for PES. Updated squads for the World Cup? The new Icelandic kit? I am about to find out

Edit: nope
2nd edit: Now I am reading that this update came out in May? I am very confused

Last edited:
In shape with flat back 4 but 6 players ball watching before through ball,extra training after that!

Not on marking? Or do marking settings not work,were they used?

I just kid. At this time I have played this same match six times already. I was smashing the buttons already. Gave up to play with Argentina. Keeper sucks, defense either. Im playin with Brazil now. Play on superstar is very challenging but is so tense. You cant make a mistake. Its too mentaly tiring.("tiring", this word exist?)

I'm having issues with "marking" in Pes 18,could be me,but I feel it's not as effective as in 17.
Defensive positions (human) is way off usually,not as close to the CPU as it should be.
Could be me,but I'm having less issues on 17 with that.
I play equally strong teams both in 17 as in 18,TS in 17 are 94,on 18 it's 83.
Could be a factor,but I think it's the game itself being coded that way

I'm having issues with "marking" in Pes 18,could be me,but I feel it's not as effective as in 17.

No, the game is scripted and cheated most of the time. But what I always try is to never select the defenders when CPU counter attack. I select DMF and try to close the passing lanes. When they attack through the flanks, I manually track back the winger and leave the AI mark the ball carrier.

No, the game is scripted and cheated most of the time. But what I always try is to never select the defenders when CPU counter attack. I select DMF and try to close the passing lanes. When they attack through the flanks, I manually track back the winger and leave the AI mark the ball carrier.
Use the same (almost) system myself,yes probably scripting,still think it works better in 17 though.
Your squad will still get a call from the ultras tomorrow:)

What? I dont get it...:LOL:
When your team plays bad they should get some visitors(ultras hard core fans) to the training ground for some talking to the players:) it happened if the team plays bad sometimes all over Europe and south America
Didn't you read what happened in Portugal I think it was Sporting who got their training stormed by 50 ultras.
I think seven players quit the team after that...
Play better is the message

When your team plays bad they should get some visitors(ultras hard core fans) to the training ground for some talking to the players:) it happened if the team plays bad sometimes all over Europe and south America
Didn't you read what happened in Portugal I think it was Sporting who got their training stormed by 50 ultras.
I think seven players quit the team after that...
Play better is the message

Oh! Okay! It happens all the time here in Brazil. :LOL:

How many patches this game have after the latest Data Pack? This game feels way cheated again! Its just lob lob lob from CPU and it dont miss any passes or commit any fouls, just like before the last Data Pack. Avery player hits first touch long balls like R. Carlos. WTF....

Tsc...shit. Anyway, its good to know thats isnt just me. Who understand this Konami fellas? Perhaps they did this on purpose. There is a technical name for this isnt it? You decrease the quality of a product to sell the new one.

I've had a cup tournament, and 5 exhibition games ..enjoyed them all post patch..not seen any less fouls and seen loads of mis hit AI passes. I think manual shooting is slightly easier

Mates i played Pes on PC and set the file SYSTEM000000 as "read only"; it seems that reduces the script. Now it is possible to do so even for Play. This is the procedure (sorry my bad english):

- Turn on the play: p
- Insert a USB flash drive
- Go into settings
- Go to the management of the saved data
- Go to data saved in the system storage memory
- Copy to the USB storage device
- PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018
- Choose the system data folder and copy it
- Remove the USB flash drive and insert it into the PC
open it
- Double click on the PS4 folder
- Double left ciick on SAVEDATA folder
-Same thing on the folder that comes out later
- Again same thing
- At this point I found the System000000 file and the System000000.bin file

FOR BOTH I MADE THE SAME OPERATION. RIGHT clicks, properties, check "read only". ATTENTION because immediately I was wrong: click BEFORE on "apply" and then on "ok".

This passage is not so served, but I did it and it did not bring me any contraindications. In the "Read only" screen there is the "advanced" button. Clicking you find the item "the file is ready for archiving" checked. I have removed the check and I gave the OK.

Remove the key and reinsert it into the PS $

DATA SAVED IN USB ARCHIVE DEVICE

COPY IN THE SYSTEM ARCHIVE MEMORY

PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018

Check, copy and overwrite

Return to the PS4 main screen, start the game and pray ....

Furthermore play the game disconnected form internet (once the game starts disconnect the play).

Try it costs nothing, maybe something changes for the better.

I've had a cup tournament, and 5 exhibition games ..enjoyed them all post patch..not seen any less fouls and seen loads of mis hit AI passes. I think manual shooting is slightly easier
Had around 15-20 good games (two weeks ago) but the past week,all crap.
Can't really deal with 18 right now,maybe get my league mode going again

Back
Top Bottom