PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Brazil is awesome in PES 2018.
There's a lot of individuality there. It's like... stats finally work when you play as Brazil. Neymar is unstoppable.
I think that's the main reason why I returned from playing mainly FIFA 17/18 to this,it has some great individuality.

Had an amazing game with Brazil earlier, lost but had some nice moments. The Neymar chance got me off my seat, can't believe I missed. There a couple of decent goals from other games at the end too.

All on professional, manual and no power bars on screen.

Looks ace man

Almost finished my first ML season,and if I had edited team tactics better,I'd start season two,but I've seen way to many teams in Serie B with long ball tactics.

I know that we who like this game now probably is looked upon with a bit of scepticism,but I've had a real good season,my last 15 games or so have been played recent weeks,first half,last year...

Like the individuality in players both CPU and human controlled ones.
This game took it's time,but it's grown on me and I'm liking most parts of it.
Game winner Vs Fiorentina,nothing special,but the pace and the flow is sublime

Some lovely stuff there Bravez. It's nice to see some good dribbling and manual goals. I've been manual for a few years now but recently experimented with advanced shooting for a month or so. There was lots of nice shot variety but it felt so easy it just wasn't satisfying at all. I know manual isn't for everyone, especially online, but personally I don't enjoy watching pes vids unless they are manual. It really makes the game for me.

Why funny?
Above posts came from users (including me) that never bashed the game down no matter what, but pointed out flaws and still could get some enjoyment out of it by using different settings or playing specific mods.

And now after the latest patch - at least to me, as a casual player - I can sit back and enjoy and am able to overlook the negative things ;)

Indeed. After the latest patch and some videos from that guy on youtube giving several tips, this game is very good. Im always saying, its cheated some times but better than boring easy at least. I have to admit that I have high hopes for PES 2019.

Psyched as hell since I restarted my ML,with Milan (big surprise @*aLe ) and struggling to find a decent tactic to get my TS up a bit,I'm at 77,so it's decent.
First game of the season?
Inter!
I know that game will prove if this game is alright...
Remember my derby Vs Juve AST year when I played as Torino,think I got beat 5-1 with every goal being a back heel/chipped through ball,fingers crossed those are gone

As in, I find it humorous that a few of us seem to have started playing the game again at the same time, and have completely polar opposite opinions afterwards! :D Didn't mean it in a shitty way or anything.
A strong point for starting all-in-all a last try of ML 2018,at least for me is, is that Live updates and DataPack updates are finished for 18. So now we could have the most accurate option file without updates that mess with our game database. And since the most of us here still posting about 18 are ML players this is the best period of season to start a fresh ML with our OF plus our personal editing.
Speaking of me at least i was ready to give a try one way or an other to a new 18ML when live updates would be finished and even if game was or still is proved unplayable, just to enjoy my editing work.This is something i do since 2015, doing my personal modifications in database after live updates are finished.

Last edited:
As in, I find it humorous that a few of us seem to have started playing the game again at the same time, and have completely polar opposite opinions afterwards! :D Didn't mean it in a shitty way or anything.

I know...it´s all good :).

Had an amazing game with Brazil earlier, lost but had some nice moments. The Neymar chance got me off my seat, can't believe I missed. There a couple of decent goals from other games at the end too.

All on professional, manual and no power bars on screen.

Damn, I love the way you use those dribbling skills!

It looks awesome and is something you would see in a real match...not those hardcore exaggerated FIFA STREETish tricks you´d see in the other game.

I really need to take some time to get into those dribbling moves!

My new ML stood the test,a derby Vs Inter, usually a proper chip fest,but it was a good game,very different from before.
Tough game,where I had to defend like crazy,a bit pacey,but it will probably calm down when not playing rivals.
Weird development with this game right?

I know...it´s all good :).

Damn, I love the way you use those dribbling skills!

It looks awesome and is something you would see in a real match...not those hardcore exaggerated FIFA STREETish tricks you´d see in the other game.

I really need to take some time to get into those dribbling moves!

Cheers! I always try and do things a players real life counterpart would do but it also goes wrong a lot!

The coutinho ones were subtle left stick moves, with certain players the left stick is such a joy.

I've been having a lot of fun with the game recently.

Cheers! I always try and do things a players real life counterpart would do but it also goes wrong a lot!

The coutinho ones were subtle left stick moves, with certain players the left stick is such a joy.

I've been having a lot of fun with the game recently.
I can see "Braves dribbling school" be a feature in the forum.
Slick moves

My new ML stood the test,a derby Vs Inter, usually a proper chip fest,but it was a good game,very different from before.
Tough game,where I had to defend like crazy,a bit pacey,but it will probably calm down when not playing rivals.
Weird development with this game right?

I´ll abort my league and continue my ML :P .

Well, really strange but I think they just tweak around, not knowing what they actually do and by coincidence they set a few bits right.
At least it feels that way.

I can see "Braves dribbling school" be a feature in the forum.
Slick moves

Yeah, come on....why not @Bravez ? :)

Really strange how it all became playable again.
Could it be something about being connected to the servers?
They've aborted the offline modes tw the servers, obviously not updates etc,but game modes are even offline modes are constantly fed through servers that also has online gaming?

When playing Pes 17 last season the game played a bit differently when not being online Vs being connected.

Haven't got a clue, speculation obviously,but I don't care, it's enjoyable now and I'm having fun,don't care how.
@chiefrocka4real which team do you play as in your ML?

@rockstrongo
I was looking for a team in skybet league with some pretty kits and ended up picking Derby County.

I like how the team has been developed through the seasons, even it´s not very realistic having Mbappe (whom I could easily buy off), Michael Owen, Michael Ballack, Tolisso and Dybala (had him on loan for a year) in the team (well I have classic players turned on).

But it´s fun anyway and I really like how it turns out who fits your team and who doesn´t - which I mentioned quite often already.
Michael Owen was my most expensive transfer and it turned out that he never really shined in any of the matches.
Hardly scored with him and he´s been tackled off the ball quite easily and so on.
Then you pick a weaker and cheaper player and realize how good he and also the rest of the team plays and that´s really well implemented.
Since a few of you members reported similar things, I don´t think it´s only my imagination or placebo or whatever.

I had that in 2017 already and I like that a lot. Hoping for this being in the game in 2019 also.

You picked Torino? Nice...I won´t pick a premier league team next time, gonna check for 2nd division spanish leage or Serie B or something.

@rockstrongo
I was looking for a team in skybet league with some pretty kits and ended up picking Derby County.

I like how the team has been developed through the seasons, even it´s not very realistic having Mbappe (whom I could easily buy off), Michael Owen, Michael Ballack, Tolisso and Dybala (had him on loan for a year) in the team (well I have classic players turned on).

But it´s fun anyway and I really like how it turns out who fits your team and who doesn´t - which I mentioned quite often already.
Michael Owen was my most expensive transfer and it turned out that he never really shined in any of the matches.
Hardly scored with him and he´s been tackled off the ball quite easily and so on.
Then you pick a weaker and cheaper player and realize how good he and also the rest of the team plays and that´s really well implemented.
Since a few of you members reported similar things, I don´t think it´s only my imagination or placebo or whatever.

I had that in 2017 already and I like that a lot. Hoping for this being in the game in 2019 also.

You picked Torino? Nice...I won´t pick a premier league team next time, gonna check for 2nd division spanish leage or Serie B or something.
Cool,like Derby county,I'm having tough time choosing any 2nd div sides (except french 2nd league) since I'm on Xbox and there's no option file.

I remember some of my Transfers on 17,L Moura/Bernadeschi/Insigne, took them a season to become really good.

Restarted my ML yesterday,I really need to stop choosing either Torino or Milan,I've done it since Pes 15.
Obviously I choose Milan...again!

But my first one with Torino was fun,still have it saved,might pick it up again if the Milan ML gets strange.
Hope you'll enjoy it

Nice touch with classic players,I do it on 2k,play as classic Ny Knicks from the 70s.
Would be cool having a classic Milan team in ML,the -93 team with Maldini and co

Another game in one booked for diving in the area ...one penalty given..2 in 2 now all about timing the dive with the contact

Pes awesome realistic animation AND Slim Shady in the same vid?

What's not to love from it? :)

Will the Real Slim Shady please stand up?

DfC1rdUUYAIrOtW.jpg
DfC1shyUwAEjef6.jpg

Oh really?
Please watch

What kill the immersion into gameplay with this game for me is the off the ball players movements and decision. On your video every thing that happen on the ball side looks fantastic but when you look at the attitude of France midfielder (CPU controlled?) when you cut in, they are just moving away and opening the high way for you. Pogba literally move away from the player carrying the ball like he is caught into two minds, but I can't see in that situation what could be the second option for him. I mean GO CLOSE DOWN the ball carrier even if two or three players are needed!

Don't promote da cheating dude :D
I'm torn with this one as I did think I need to cheat to get a penalty bit when you look there is genuine contact so a foul in both cases. When there's no contact you get booked. Still needs to be better though. But at least I can go looking for penalties now

After someone mention scripting potentially being a red herring in the WENB thread it got me thinking.

There is definitely scripting in the game, I'm not about to deny that, the game needs to find a way to try and beat you. The issue a lot of the time is how horribly obvious it is.

However, I always used to think scripting was why I conceded and that I had no chance because the cpu decided to score, but I have a mate who essentially never loses vs the cpu. To the point where it made me question the whole scripting thing.

Since then, whenever I've seen a goal which I think was unstoppable, I look back at what I did. 9 times out of 10 I've tried to play my way out, not cleared the ball or made a terrible effort at tackling. Of course, the likelihood of them scoring at this point is far higher but pressure happens in football. Part of me enjoys those moments where your back's against the wall and I've started to accept yellows or play a bit more ugly to avoid conceding in those moments.

This is totally separate from how the AI plays which is a totally different matter, just those moment where it feels like a goal is inevitable.

After someone mention scripting potentially being a red herring in the WENB thread it got me thinking.

There is definitely scripting in the game, I'm not about to deny that, the game needs to find a way to try and beat you. The issue a lot of the time is how horribly obvious it is.

However, I always used to think scripting was why I conceded and that I had no chance because the cpu decided to score, but I have a mate who essentially never loses vs the cpu. To the point where it made me question the whole scripting thing.

Since then, whenever I've seen a goal which I think was unstoppable, I look back at what I did. 9 times out of 10 I've tried to play my way out, not cleared the ball or made a terrible effort at tackling. Of course, the likelihood of them scoring at this point is far higher but pressure happens in football. Part of me enjoys those moments where your back's against the wall and I've started to accept yellows or play a bit more ugly to avoid conceding in those moments.

This is totally separate from how the AI plays which is a totally different matter, just those moment where it feels like a goal is inevitable.

The scripting is there for Master League and some other modes mainly.

That's why whenever we get the yearly brand new PES demo, most of us are like "this is awesome! so fluid, so responsive, the flow of the match is great" etc. Because Demos are in Exhibition Mode, hence no scripting.
To this day, everytime I play exhibition matches I start to like PES 2018 more. Then I go to play my old Master League save or Champions League Mode or whatever and that's when everything falls apart.

Like my homie @Matt10 said a while ago, I think Konami don't even know what triggers certain things in their own game anymore. That's why they can't be fixed. So... see ya in PES 2020, with a new engine and most things from scratch.

The scripting is there for Master League and some other modes mainly.

That's why whenever we get the yearly brand new PES demo, most of us are like "this is awesome! so fluid, so responsive, the flow of the match is great" etc. Because Demos are in Exhibition Mode, hence no scripting.
To this day, everytime I play exhibition matches I start to like PES 2018 more. Then I go to play my old Master League save or Champions League Mode or whatever and that's when everything falls apart.

Like my homie @Matt10 said a while ago, I think Konami don't even know what triggers certain things in their own game anymore. That's why they can't be fixed. So... see ya in PES 2020, with a new engine and most things from scratch.

That's a good point actually. In my ML I kept getting absolutely smashed at home in the EL by an unlicensed random team. I replayed the game 3 times to check if it was just me and each time they scored some ridiculous goals. I'd totally forgotten about that.

I mainly play exhibitions of upcoming games or more recently played a world cup which didn't feel scripted at all. But you're right, ML certainly is a mess for it. ignore previous post haha!

Scripting is alive and well both here and in fifa,FIFA does it a bit more subtle.
I wish I didn't exist,but it does.
I had a nightmare starting Pes 2018,gave up in November/December,returned a month or so ago,my ML is much better now than before,some call it placebo,I call it enjoyable atm.

I have had 5-6 games in 20+ that felt tough,the CPU had the upper hand,and one that was awful,almost unplayable,played it though and won in the end.
If it gets completely out of hand I simply a few games,or don't play for a while,that's how I manage scripting,both here and on FIFA.

Funny thing is that I always have one team being a complete nightmare every ML,almost unplayable
15 Torino
16 and 17 Sassuolo
18 Cagliari

Back
Top Bottom