PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

jesus christ :D shitty myclub points to make up for it, cheers for that

Seriously, My Club points.. when the compensation is an even bigger joke than the bug itself. I'll not gonna say what they should do with M.C. points because I think I'm educated enough.

What alternative compensation is there, though? Except actual money, which is never, ever, ever, ever, ever going to happen. It's GP or nothing at all.

MyClub points are like the opposite of gold dust - just, dust, I guess. I log on to MyClub once a month and there's about 60,000 GP waiting for me. No interest playing MyClub or any similar mode, because there's no bronze/silver/gold league structure - it's just GIMME MESSI NEYMAR SUAREZ NOW NOW NOW.

Where's the fun in having the best team in the world, if not on day one, then after a week or two? (But clearly a lot of people love that...)

Sometimes I wonder if the Pes team and konami even speak to each other?
Remember a few weeks before release,when I got hit with the stadium list for XB1.
Being on the same level as old gen,pretty much half of the stadiums that PS4 has.
Tweeted Adam,he answered me that it was an error on the website.
And it was,and you know what,still is!
https://www.konami.com/wepes/2018/eu/en/page/product
Why?

Well, in a normal dimension the compensation for the bug would be fix the damn bug as soon as possible and be done with it.

What they communicate to me with this, if it's official, it's exactly "don't worry for the bug, yeah sure we'll fix it from here to a month, in the meantime we'll throw you some peanuts for the only modality we actually care about".

These are the kind of bugs that shouldn't still exist a month into the games release. The fact that they are both offline affecting bugs shows you how much neglect the offline vs AI side of the game has and continues to have. such a shame.

So fixes for Pes 18.
What should be included in a patch (offline mode)
1 Injuries (a problem since 16)
2 Cpu not taking pens in a shootout
3 player switching
4 Fouls (non existing in 16,an ok amount in 17)
5 pens (ffs in which game did we have a decent amount ?)

Obviously this patch should include proper positioning of cpu opponents.
How many of the issues will be sorted out in November ?
The thing that pisses me of the most is the fact that the the things that were working in 17 is a mess in this years game.
Not ok

Look at all these trolls attacking Konami, If you don't like the game don't play it.

Oh wait .... :)
Semi-related note, thought I'd have a look at the PES 2017 at this point last year, and I'm gobsmacked.

I was expecting to see way more posts because, my theory is, I honestly believe 2018 has turned a lot of diehards off - and there are way more posts. A single day of 2017 discussion covers a few pages. But...

Look at what the big issues are... (Timewarp back to that time by clicking here)...

Ive not had the CPU concede 1 penalty in over 100 games. Its ruining the game for me.....that and lack of stadium atmosphere.
Passing stat? Every player is passing with the same accuracy. Shooting? Every player shooitng with the same accuracy, kicking power have a small range tho. Tackling? Suarez can tackle just like Pique.
As soon as I switch to Master League, teams like Burnley turn into Barcelona [...] It's ruining a great game because I refuse to play pointless exhibition matches all year long.

How mad's that (particularly #1)? They could be talking about 2018. That's a hell of an eye-opener for me.

So fixes for Pes 18.
3 player switching

The thing that pisses me of the most is the fact that the the things that were working in 17 is a mess in this years game.
Not ok
6 Sluggish turning and stiff movement of players.
7 Shooting still being too straight. I'll give them credit for toning down the power.

Love the abuse and insults hurled at people for questioning the game in that timewarp post.

How times change hehe

Well, in a normal dimension the compensation for the bug would be fix the damn bug as soon as possible and be done with it.

What they communicate to me with this, if it's official, it's exactly "don't worry for the bug, yeah sure we'll fix it from here to a month, in the meantime we'll throw you some peanuts for the only modality we actually care about".

So fixes for Pes 18.
3 player switching

Not ok

AI ridigity
ML release clause bug

Adam took over and, even if he is not a developer, PES has been improving year after year. It's still far from perfect and there's still HUGE room for improvement in all areas. But since PES 2014, it's been doing justice to the game's name: PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER.
I dunno Chuny, I think I like the game and PES series as much as you do but this years version really doesn't feel like any evolution over 2017. If anything it feels like a regression. Master League is considerably worse! I've had to just stop playing all together, it was becoming a really frustrating experience.

I found myself playing against Liverpool as Man Utd on superstar as they pass the ball in my half of the pitch with inch perfect accuracy, one touch passes and backheels over and over and over again.

What's really odd is that I actually think on the pitch this game is the best it's ever been when you take the AI out of the equation! I've played a couple online games against some mates and it's so fun when you're not against the AI. There are fouls, penalties, misjudged passes and it's really entertaining and enjoyable. But offline just feels like such an underwhelming experience.

I've never really enjoyed playing football games online but for PES 2018 it really feels like that playing against the AI is so frustrating and poor that online is the way to go. Particularly if you play against like-minded people that enjoy the build-up aspect to football.

I dunno Chuny, I think I like the game and PES series as much as you do but this years version really doesn't feel like any evolution over 2017. If anything it feels like a regression. Master League is considerably worse! I've had to just stop playing all together, it was becoming a really frustrating experience.

I found myself playing against Liverpool as Man Utd on superstar as they pass the ball in my half of the pitch with inch perfect accuracy, one touch passes and backheels over and over and over again.

What's really odd is that I actually think on the pitch this game is the best it's ever been when you take the AI out of the equation! I've played a couple online games against some mates and it's so fun when you're not against the AI. There are fouls, penalties, misjudged passes and it's really entertaining and enjoyable. But offline just feels like such an underwhelming experience.

I've never really enjoyed playing football games online but for PES 2018 it really feels like that playing against the AI is so frustrating and poor that online is the way to go. Particularly if you play against like-minded people that enjoy the build-up aspect to football.

Pretty much me. I was not a huge fan of PES 2017 but honestly, the CPU/AI played more realistic there. However on the pitch, this is the best PES ever. The dribbling, the physics, the controls, the weight, the pace. All spot on. Shame that the CPU/AI was so meh.

I think you are completely spot on. "Structure" wise it's undeniably the best of the whole saga, however poor AI and lack of fouls are screwing the experience. What is really frustrating to me it's that it's all stuff they already got right in the past more than once, only to remove/rethink it.

So fixes for Pes 18.
3 player switching

Not ok

yeah just seems to me rock they rushed it out and took shortcuts, massive step backwards in what was progressing in 17, its standard tho from this company, next year when they showcase pes2019 its gonna be all blah blah to me cos this year was the game to see what the devs were capable of doing, they had no excuses, also to add on your list, i hope they get rid of those bloody inch perfect backheels especially from the AI, and also finding it predictable now on the wing when the AI is gonna cut it in. most of the time i back off and dispossess the AI with ease, what makes it worse its from players like hazard and co, those players shouldnt be easy to dispossess from the beginning on top player and above.

Last edited:
What alternative compensation is there, though? Except actual money, which is never, ever, ever, ever, ever going to happen. It's GP or nothing at all.

MyClub points are like the opposite of gold dust - just, dust, I guess. I log on to MyClub once a month and there's about 60,000 GP waiting for me. No interest playing MyClub or any similar mode, because there's no bronze/silver/gold league structure - it's just GIMME MESSI NEYMAR SUAREZ NOW NOW NOW.

Where's the fun in having the best team in the world, if not on day one, then after a week or two? (But clearly a lot of people love that...)
if konami wanted to really rake the dollars in they wouldv created mini leagues against AI and each league has prerequisites to enter similar to fifas, that would encourage alot more people to buy packs hoping to get those players to be able to enter those leagues, i guess they dont want to make too much money not good for business

Yesterday i played about ten matches of myclub vs COM (offline), and oddly i enjoyed it. On lower difficulty the scripting is less noticeable, i guess that also those precision laser passes and the magic long balls on the wings are connected with difficulty level... btw my teammates become also a little stunned lowering this, and the games is really too easy below Top Player. But I also got more than 10 fouls for my team , that it's never happened to me before.

yeah just seems to me rock they rushed it out and took shortcuts, massive step backwards in what was progressing in 17, its standard tho from this company, next year when they showcase pes2019 its gonna be all blah blah to me cos this year was the game to see what the devs were capable of doing, they had no excuses, also to add on your list, i hope they get rid of those bloody inch perfect backheels especially from the AI, and also finding it predictable now on the wing when the AI is gonna cut it in. most of the time i back off and dispossess the AI with ease, what makes it worse its from players like hazard and co, those players shouldnt be easy to dispossess from the beginning on top player and above.
Totally agree Jimi.
Thing is,it could be a great game,if these were fixed,and others mentioned by you and other users
That's what's pissing me off,rush a game out,a month after release,still haven't fixed the worst issues,no to mentioned the smaller bugs here and there.
There's not really any excuses for this shitty behaviour.
Problem is,these companies ( Konami/EA/2k) live in a separate world,yes they're in touch with us gamers on what we want,none really gives a toss though when it comes to offline,that's the general trend on all games right now.

It's a golden opportunity for konami to fill a void,yet they mess that up
Playing player career ( not the journey) on FIFA,that hasn't changed since I started on -14 (except a training mode)
Cm on that game s still very good,but then their devs listen to the online community about gameplay instead,making it a bit wonky
And 2k has become completely power mad and greedy,latest 2k got a 3/10 rating because of it,then tried to blacklist those reviewers
So offline gaming will probably have a sorry future

If it's off topic feel free to edit or remove it dear mods

Semi-related note, thought I'd have a look at the PES 2017 at this point last year, and I'm gobsmacked.

I was expecting to see way more posts because, my theory is, I honestly believe 2018 has turned a lot of diehards off - and there are way more posts. A single day of 2017 discussion covers a few pages. But...

Look at what the big issues are... (Timewarp back to that time by clicking here)...

How mad's that (particularly #1)? They could be talking about 2018. That's a hell of an eye-opener for me.

Thanks Chris, now i look like a crazy, mentioning the same thing every year like a broken record.

Pes 2015, Pes 2016 (to an extent) and above all Pes 2017 were all steps in the right direction. I was ready to forgive them because i saw some improvements, it seemed they were learning from their mistakes.

But now, we are at the fourth year on Ps4 and the game still has basic issues like fouls, cursor switch, progressive lack of individuality, lack of real variety in shooting, etc and some are even worse than they were last year like even fewer fouls, worse cursor switch. My patience is now over and with me i think many others are really tired to have this sense of dejavu year after year.

Why was i so stupid to think they were learning something? They just can't reach the quality i expect from Pes with the actual situation in KONAMI, already said this with my last post, that is my opinion. They just tweak things here and there, add something here, remove something there, but in the end i still can't help but feel Pes has been an unfinished game for years.

To surprise me Pes must be a completely different game off the pitch and greatly improved on the pitch. Even gameplay is starting to show its real issues, i just can't deal with them every year.

Sorry for being so negative for anyone enjoying the game. I just can't.

Back
Top Bottom