PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Thanks! I usually just upload random moments, might start doing something more theme-based.

How did u come across the vid? I just uploaded less than a day ago

It showed up in the recommended videos list as I was watching Pes vids so I had a look and then more on your list turned up and I couldn't resist.

I haven't played PES since last fall, but have they fixed the 2-player player switching? It was almost unplayable last time I tried.

I haven't played PES since last fall, but have they fixed the 2-player player switching? It was almost unplayable last time I tried.

I remember having the same issue when playing 2 v 1 human players. We (2 player team) opted to ensure we both had our settings on 'fixed' in the controller settings, and it worked wonders.. just had to constantly click L1..but it was so much more controllable/playable. there was a little glich in this system, in that I think that if I had control of a player, and then passed it, I could click your L1 button immediately after, and again have control of the player i passed to (which normally would be controlled by the2nd player) meaning the 2nd player could miss out on controlling the ball every 2nd touch/control... its supposed to alternate every touch between the player 1 and 2, and it will unless one of you are trigger happy with L1. Let me know what you think - give the fixed method a go with the team with the two players.

Btw haven't played this game for probably 2 months or so after some issues that took over my life. Again started playing, simply versus mode against cpu, topplayer 15min halves etc.. ive got the latest patch.. hard to tell if it made a difference, but WHOA I STILL LOVE THIS GAME!!! It truly is an amazing game.. the control, the variations.. feels and looks fantastic on my 65" (100" projector is taking a short break). Best PES by far. Makes me really look forward to what Konami have in store for pes18.. I'm very optimistic that Adam's teaser tweets that we will be blow away by pes18 will be fulfilled. Awesome times for PES.

I played the game last night. It was so competitive, probably had like 4 rematches because the AI was actually blocking balls and attacks so well. Didn't lose in those 4 matches, but almost did. This game is weird. One day you're frustrated at the game and then all of a sudden you have really enjoyable games. Played as AC Milan against Barcelona. Suso and Deulofeu are spot on in this game. Love using them.

I played the game last night. It was so competitive, probably had like 4 rematches because the AI was actually blocking balls and attacks so well. Didn't lose in those 4 matches, but almost did. This game is weird. One day you're frustrated at the game and then all of a sudden you have really enjoyable games. Played as AC Milan against Barcelona. Suso and Deulofeu are spot on in this game. Love using them.

Yeah it would be great if we had like a consistent good gameplay. The other day I tried playing the Asian Champions League and it was amazing, with the hype I got I started a master league in the premier league and it sucked, it was so fast and frenetic. I'm not sure if it's because of the lower stats the players had in the asian teams, or did konami just programmed the EPL to be fast paced. playing masterleague in Serie B also played quite nice.

I saw an a interview to Robbey ron at the PESLeague in Buenos Aires, He said that PES2018 will be at e3, and that Konami will surprise all at event, They will do something that never ever do for that time of the year.

Unless it's a demo or beta released on PSN, they already had Pes playable at E3 during past years.

Yeah I don't understand why Konami doesn't do any presentations in E3. It will get them a lot of publicity. FIFA does it annually.

So it's time to give up on hoping that Konami will update player stats on this game. It's a shame really since it would make the game fresh again (I know u can edit this yourself but A) it won't apply for online play and B) why the hell should I HAVE to do that?).

It's such a sloppy thing not to do. Mbappé, Dolberg, Gagliardini, Kessié, Locatelli, etc, etc...

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that FIFA updated their player stats...

Last edited:
So it's time to give up on hoping that Konami will update player stats on this game. It's a shame really since it would make the game fresh again (I know u can edit this yourself but A) it won't apply for online play and B) why the hell should I HAVE to do that?).

It's such a sloppy thing not to do. Mbappé, Dolberg, Gagliardini, Kessié, Locatelli, etc, etc...

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that FIFA updated their player stats...
and just one more reason Fifa outsells 20:1

KONAMI is famous for the worst E3 press conference ever in 2010:

FIFA updates player stats pretty much weekly.

That was so funny. They suck at presentations not just in games even in everything. Someone plz help them.

Finally got my NVIDIA drivers sorted, thought I'd pop up an update on what PES game I'm playing since PES 17 is just exhaustingly boring now. I include PES 17 clip at the 10:07 mark:

I agree with you Matt . .. .since the patch Pes 2017 has become faster and more arcade like. .. . the ping pong passing has gotten worse and every match now feels end to end .. . I find it extremely annoying most times that I play it. . .they seem to have taken away the scoring variation of the CPu and are obssessed with the ol' hit it to the forward in the box who lays it back to the guy with the ridiculously accurate shot outside of the box routine.. .in between all of the shite though it sometimes throws up a decent game and plays well but not often enough .. . I've tried to slow down play and pass back and sideways pretending that I know what I'm doing as in intelligent build up, but it won't let me. . it forces me to get rid of the ball quickly or to try dribble through the whole of the opposition . . .I feel that I have no choice but to move the ball quickly or get caught in possession and concede ... .. btw that Pes 2015 vid you put up looks interesting enough to explore.

Finally got my NVIDIA drivers sorted, thought I'd pop up an update on what PES game I'm playing since PES 17 is just exhaustingly boring now. I include PES 17 clip at the 10:07 mark:

I played the crap out of pes 2015, i even continued playing and updating it in the early release of pes 2016 when the defending and goalkeeping was a nightmare. Some things i remember hating about this game are the high cpu v cpu scores in ML if we set our game time more than 10mins, another thing is how the cpu attacks. they just play the ball around their own defense despite being a goal behind. But yeah, it was a good game. I thought you were playing we9le matt, i gave you the links yesterday :D

I agree with you Matt . .. .since the patch Pes 2017 has become faster and more arcade like. .. . the ping pong passing has gotten worse and every match now feels end to end .. . I find it extremely annoying most times that I play it. . .they seem to have taken away the scoring variation of the CPu and are obssessed with the ol' hit it to the forward in the box who lays it back to the guy with the ridiculously accurate shot outside of the box routine.. .in between all of the shite though it sometimes throws up a decent game and plays well but not often enough .. . I've tried to slow down play and pass back and sideways pretending that I know what I'm doing as in intelligent build up, but it won't let me. . it forces me to get rid of the ball quickly or to try dribble through the whole of the opposition . . .I feel that I have no choice but to move the ball quickly or get caught in possession and concede ... .. btw that Pes 2015 vid you put up looks interesting enough to explore.

I don't know if it's the team spirit or just the way konami programmed master league. Not sure if it was just me getting lucky to get those random good games, but I tried playing Asian champions league and the game played really good. Just take a break deco, I usually like the game again after taking a few days or a week off :D

Just take a break deco, I usually like the game again after taking a few days or a week off :D
I took a month off, came back to the game and beat the top team (Tottenham) without really concentrating (on Superstar) because the team spirit is the key to the whole game (and I won't handicap myself, it gets boring and/or frustrating). Didn't give me any satisfaction. Really sad.

I can't really moan because I've got quite a lot of mileage out of it, but as soon as my team got a decent team spirit, I started to see behind the curtain a bit, and you begin to see the same kind of tricks that the PS1 and PS2 games did (giving you crap response times and fouling you with impunity so that the better-rated/higher-spirit team wins)...

I keep meaning to give online a try again, because I quite enjoyed that for a little while, but the game is based on ping-pong passing and I can't imagine that's much fun when you get promoted to the leagues of better players...

i think the tiring end to end play is from the over aggressive defensive attack from the AI, perfect AI unrealistic passing, and perfect AI first touch. There's no realism to it. I think maybe adding a manual shielding game mechanic "like fifa has" would help slow the game down, like real life.
I hate the annoying steal the AI does, where it pokes a foot in quicker then you can pass it away, ending in a cheap steal for the AI. Look how unrealistically the AI players move when you have the ball, there legs are moving like it's 2x speed in a video.
Konami needs to watch this video and copy the animation and movement of the players.
At one point the player in a blue shirt at the bottom of the screen actually slows down from a run to a walk. Konami needs to get the base movement of players down first then realistic passing and first touch.

Last edited:

Interesting listen Matt, i enjoyed the video but only watched it up to the PES2017 bit.

Correct me if i'm wrong but in 2015 did the CPU just pass it around the back for ages even when losing. And when attacking they very rarely crossed the ball but mostly dribbled into the box. I'm sure i remember that was a game breaker for me. Unless they patched it.

Also did you reduce the stats in 2015 to 40 to see if it makes a difference?

I am seeing individuality in PES2017 but it may be because i don't look too deep into into like you do. Thats not a critism by the way. :)

When i started editing PES5 i didnt enjoy it as much as when it first come out because i was examining every little thing the CPU did.

Maybe that's why i still enjoy 2017 because i dont get too deep into it and noticing every error by Konami. I just take it for what it is.

I may give 2015 a go now though.

Also, i like the tune at the start of your videos, is it a sample from something?

i think the tiring end to end play is from the over aggressive defensive attack from the AI, perfect AI unrealistic passing, and perfect AI first touch. There's no realism to it. I think maybe adding a manual shielding game mechanic "like fifa has" would help slow the game down, like real life.
I hate the annoying steal the AI does, where it pokes a foot in quicker then you can pass it away, ending in a cheap steal for the AI. Look how unrealistically the AI players move when you have the ball, there legs are moving like it's 2x speed in a video.
Konami needs to watch this video and copy the animation and movement of the players.
At one point the player in a blue shirt at the bottom of the screen actually slows down from a run to a walk. Konami needs to get the base movement of players down first then realistic passing and first touch.

this is NOT a game engine, just a rendered Video for an online bet game...

ok, i definitely believe this game cheats through the animations, by slowing them down or speeding them up determines who wins the ball.
i really love this game playing with player camera full manual gives me different games every time.

but this cheating from Konami needs to be removed, it's annoying as hell because your animations "you know them all" cost you the game!

it's also funny...... :THINK: .... When the defending AI reacts quicker to my passes then my own teammates im passing to.

the catch up bug is surely still there, but just for AI, i can't catch up to them though:SHAKE:.

Last edited:
I dream of PES becoming this.
Maybe with PS5.
Oh well, it's always Next Year™.

If you think about it, it shouldn't be that hard really.
It's all about animations, on and off the ball, for the 22 players on the pitch.
Usually football games seem to care about the player who has the ball and a few others around him, while the rest are moving silly (walking or standing by). I'm sure that it would add to the immersion if we saw our centre-back talking to each other while we have the ball with our left wing on the opposite side of the pitch. Just to say the first thing that came to my mind.

Also, in that video the colors are vibrant, which neither FIFA nor PES seem to want to do it (by default).
Look at the pitch, looks great. The lighting. The cloth physics. The ball physics.

I know it seems far-fetched but it isn't.

I dream of PES becoming this.
Maybe with PS5.
Oh well, it's always Next Year™.
they have motion capturing, so it's possible. And would improve PES way beyond Fifa. Realistic games would be incredible!

Look at The Golf Club 2 golfers animations...... realistic.

I wish we could patch the player faces on PS4. So many need done!

After looking at Fifa stadiums, PES has better game engine. Even faces look way better in PES, if done!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom