PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Had agreat game now I've done all prem tactics. Was West Ham away to liecester. They hit long balls to Vardy and scored at end of first half. In 2nd half it flowed a bit then they sat deep and said - break us down - and I couldn't. I even brought on big Andy C and he couldn't get in the game. They held out for a 1-0

How can I get all the teams' tactics imported to mirror real life a bit more?
I'm sick of facing sides setting up 4-2-3-1.

In all honesty, as much as i am enjoying the game, i am more and more dissatisfied with what appears to be the lack of coherent stats.

I have been playing algeria lately, both on full manual and some other combination of shooting and passing options, and i just don't feel the difference between most players, i managed to pull amazing shots and passing with players with very low stats. Sometimes i felt i was playing brasil. Not too mention my juventus dybala score 10 goals in my first ML year, 6 of which with great headers (playing at max dif seting right now). Now dybala shouldn't feel like ruud gullit.... Volleys are scripted, that's for sure, any player could hit a volley like zidane, no matter how you set things up. Same goes for long through balls, it seems there is little stats involved.

Another bit of annoyance is due to keepers parrying the ball always on the opponent forward...come on, that's a bit of cheap AI programming.

And the catch up is as bas as usual, maybe even worse, i wish they tuned that a little bit. No way alex sandro gets catched up by de rossi when he is on full sprint with 2 meters advantage...

Also penalties just don't feel right, got a couple of penalties lately and it all felt so slugghish and scripted, pes 2010 or 2011 had the perfect system, very skill based.

Fun is there but i missed the old school stats based approach just like in pes5, where you knew that zidane was slow but could pull that amazing pass and that del piero could bend it in the top corner or trezeguet was a killer in the box.

after installing OF's data... are you guys cool with the heads in gameplan beeing greyed out!? its ok for me, but i wish the heads were still there.

last night i was playing myclub and my teams logo and kits have changed. i think this is because of the DFL OF 4.0 i installed. hm... in general: some kits (different teams i did not edit or overwrote) were mixed in the process of importing DFL4.0! strange.

I guess we have to get used to the fact that PES not a really stat- based game anymore. It could be if they found a balance between manual and PA1. As of now I have accepted that this is the way Konami have chosen to go and I enjoy playing full manual since its the only way to get something out of online (online divisions, myclub is useless). It's sad since the potential in this game is phenomenal.

What is weird though is still the fact that there is PA2 and PA3...

Ive dropped down to regular now and it appears far more stat based. Seeing more poor first touches from the AI. I know that is way too easy for some but on full manual its an enjoyable challenge. I have tried every level and even won on superstar but the game become way too unrealistic at times.
Anyway i applied klashman's tactics for hull and played them on regular..what a game. I was liverpool and as expected had all the possession some decent strikes on goal but couldnt break them down. Then on the counter they played a high long ball down the centre and mistakenly i rushed the keeper out only for the centre forward to let it bounce once then looped a header over my keeper who was well off his line..they held out by my poor finishing and their relentless defending...class game.

im on professional since launch! tried higher difficulty but got back to prof.! its the most balanced/less hectic, imo!
and i do see differences when passing. having kroos at the ball lifting the ball so lovely over the defense compared to, lets say khedira, is different for sure!

might try professional then.

The lack of stats based and shocking visuals are two things you never expect from pes, i still play pes5 on my ps2 from time to time and the stadium textures are amazing compared to the cartoonish look in this pes. Too bad animations look really old now in pes5 because it is still quite a game.

Another thing i never understood is why we can't have real life referee, even retired ones would do the trick over some generic faces. End of the day little things can make a huge difference in inmmersion.

Still waiting for that day/night selector...

Yeah true. Was playing as Man U last night (Superstar, -1, level 1 passing, broadcast cam) and I had to utilise Mata to play sound passes, I could not play a clinker through ball with the likes of Rashford etc.

Im probably the only one who doesnt think that PES5/6 had (so much) better individuality based on stats that this years game. I could play tiki taka with any team in older PES just like you can play it now, so with shots and passes. There is no reason why an OA68 player couldnt make great pass or shot if he has time and space, just like in real life.
The difference between players is there, at least online on manual, there is a huge difference playing against Lyon or Barcelona.
I agree with the catchup, which is sometimes ridiculous and has nothing to do with speed attributes or fatigue. Another annoying thing are the referrees. There are so many "little" fouls like holding, pushing etc that are totally clear but not called, which is a bit frustrating. Especially when five minutes later the ref blows even smaller foul the only foul in the game. To me it looks like there are a lot more fouls called offline than online, dont know why.

Im probably the only one who doesnt think that PES5/6 had (so much) better individuality based on stats that this years game. I could play tiki taka with any team in older PES just like you can play it now, so with shots and passes. There is no reason why an OA68 player couldnt make great pass or shot if he has time and space, just like in real life.
The difference between players is there, at least online on manual, there is a huge difference playing against Lyon or Barcelona.
I agree with the catchup, which is sometimes ridiculous and has nothing to do with speed attributes or fatigue. Another annoying thing are the referrees. There are so many "little" fouls like holding, pushing etc that are totally clear but not called, which is a bit frustrating. Especially when five minutes later the ref blows even smaller foul the only foul in the game. To me it looks like there are a lot more fouls called offline than online, dont know why.

I would like to see a patch address catch up but can't see it as Konami/Bhatti would refuse to see such an issue exists.

I can break away with fast players on Top Player, but in and around the box especially on superstar, AI defenders are super human almost :/

updated refs could be a cool thing in the future. what about selecting refs before a match!? what about different refs (the real ones wourld be cool but i wouldn mind generic ones that differ) with different behavior/skill like in the past!? what about more fine tuning the collision engine so that refs go for tacklings, sliding tacklings, grabbing, holding...?! what about getting a yellow card for kicking the ball away when the ref has blown the whistle (you can do it when its half time or end of the match, so its already in!!!)! so many possiblities... oh boy! potential everywhere!
PES3 anyone!? boy oh boy... i wish konami would see the massive potential here!
and thats just one little area to work on. an easy on too!

updated refs could be a cool thing in the future. what about selecting refs before a match!? what about different refs (the real ones wourld be cool but i wouldn mind generic ones that differ) with different behavior/skill like in the past!? what about more fine tuning the collision engine so that refs go for tacklings, sliding tacklings, grabbing, holding...?! what about getting a yellow card for kicking the ball away when the ref has blown the whistle (you can do it when its half time or end of the match, so its already in!!!)! so many possiblities... oh boy! potential everywhere!
PES3 anyone!? boy oh boy... i wish konami would see the massive potential here!
and thats just one little area to work on. an easy on too!

Great post. I think those little things would make the game more lifealike and they are so easy to implement... For example, in an older game (think it was PES but Im not sure) if you kicked the ball out if there was an injured player, the CPU would throw you the ball back :) Cant really understand why some good things, that were in the game in the past, were removed... Makes no sense.

In pes3 the infamous japanese ref gave me 3 red cards on a semifinal game vs bayern in munich...if remember correctly ref had different styles with cards and fouls (1-3), that japanese was a real pain in the neck...

Also i think in pes4 in a CL games there was snow and a snowman on the side of the pitch...me and my pals had a good laugh. I remember a patch to put Collina in games...made a huge difference indeed.

Also i have a patched commentary in pes5 which is miles better than the current BS we have to listen to.

And in some of the first ISS i remeber if you played classic team u would get a different lighting, remember i used to play classic inter in black and white settings.

Over the years so many things disappeared...like the mix kit selction in pes5 which i greatly missed.

they should really look back at some of the amazing stuff they had implemented.

And in some of the first ISS i remeber if you played classic team u would get a different lighting, remember i used to play classic inter in black and white settings.
Was that in PES?

I only remember that happening in Viva Football (which I loved)!

viva1b.jpg

I always remember in PES 5 when a player went down injured you had the option of kicking the ball out of play and when play started up again the AI would kick it back to you. Little tricks like this are what defined PES at the time.

after installing OF's data... are you guys cool with the heads in gameplan beeing greyed out!? its ok for me, but i wish the heads were still there.

last night i was playing myclub and my teams logo and kits have changed. i think this is because of the DFL OF 4.0 i installed. hm... in general: some kits (different teams i did not edit or overwrote) were mixed in the process of importing DFL4.0! strange.

I haven´t tried it myself but I have read it quite often that whenever you edit a player, he gets greyed out in the gameplan.
Must be a PES thing itself.

I haven´t tried it myself but I have read it quite often that whenever you edit a player, he gets greyed out in the gameplan.
Must be a PES thing itself.
I read that too. What a dumb thing to happen. Konami should have known better. There is an editor in the game. People might use it. Faces are gone. Quality control Konami?! ^^
It's not a gamebreaker for me but it's one of those 1000 little things that are easy to fix but still are in the game.

im using professional, 13 minutes for a game and wide camera, really is great with lots of fouls and misplaced passes
and now up it to 15 min a game! im currently thinking about going 20 min matches but thats maybe to long for ML and such.
what i found is that 10 min matches are a little to short. it always makes me rush things... when playing 15 min matches i can take my time... im cooler, my gameplay style is more calm!
btw: 15 min matches plus several minutes in gameplay to tinker with tactics = 30 min a match real time! BUT I LOVE IT! :D

I have been setting teams up to use klashmans tactics. It seems to open the game more as the opposition have more players in attack and can get caught on the break, instead of always facing 2 banks of four players in their half. Not sure if it was just the teams I was using, but I found it easier because of this, so upped the difficulty

Also, I have starting using a lot of manual long ball passes using L2. If you master this, you can hit all range of passes which would normally just go to their defenders head. It's good for hitting long diagonal balls out to the wing or into space.

Has anyone played any games with the Santos classic team? I am not sure what it is, but I find playing with them just feels right. There are other teams with players with similar stats, but they feel too over powered or fast. With Santos you can hold the ball, dribble or turn well and wait for players to make intelligent runs.

I guess we have to get used to the fact that PES not a really stat- based game anymore. It could be if they found a balance between manual and PA1. As of now I have accepted that this is the way Konami have chosen to go and I enjoy playing full manual since its the only way to get something out of online (online divisions, myclub is useless). It's sad since the potential in this game is phenomenal.
What is weird though is still the fact that there is PA2 and PA3...

I have been playing manual for years now and I can tell you even on manual, stats/skills are factored in. This year in particular compared to PES 2016. You can tell those with high pass/weighted pass, speed and dribbling (Playing with Cuadrado, with Colombia the other day, you can feel the difference when he has the ball), shot and long rangers, etc. It may not be as felt as it should be but it's there

I have been playing manual for years now and I can tell you even on manual, stats/skills are factored in. This year in particular compared to PES 2016. You can tell those with high pass/weighted pass, speed and dribbling (Playing with Cuadrado, with Colombia the other day, you can feel the difference when he has the ball), shot and long rangers, etc. It may not be as felt as it should be but it's there

I agree but I feel it was more apparent in Pes 2016. I do think it migh be the slight button lag online that makes it even harder to play manual though. I wish offline would give me the same satisfaction, but it's just, well, dull tbh. Even if Online gaming makes u want to kill yourself from time to time it's still nice when u get that hard fought win against a another (real) person, even if it is a 10- year old polish kid calling you a c*nt afterwards...

Maybe should try out Klashmans tactics though!

I have been setting teams up to use klashmans tactics. It seems to open the game more as the opposition have more players in attack and can get caught on the break, instead of always facing 2 banks of four players in their half. Not sure if it was just the teams I was using, but I found it easier because of this, so upped the difficulty

Also, I have starting using a lot of manual long ball passes using L2. If you master this, you can hit all range of passes which would normally just go to their defenders head. It's good for hitting long diagonal balls out to the wing or into space.

Has anyone played any games with the Santos classic team? I am not sure what it is, but I find playing with them just feels right. There are other teams with players with similar stats, but they feel too over powered or fast. With Santos you can hold the ball, dribble or turn well and wait for players to make intelligent runs.

ive started using the manual L2 long ball for this too, really is a deadly weapon if you have ball playing centreback and two quick wingers

I always remember in PES 5 when a player went down injured you had the option of kicking the ball out of play and when play started up again the AI would kick it back to you. Little tricks like this are what defined PES at the time.

And if the player had a somewhat serious injury, he would come back with a bandage on his knee. Small things like that but added a lot to the game. They need to bring those things back now that they finally got the gameplay right this year. Oh, and add snow. We need it.

Back
Top Bottom