PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

cheers, what sort of ratings are we seeing? it irks me to see a load of 16 year olds rated at 75+ still, at least its better than the year we had the bug that players would regenerate with the ability that they retired with :D

Obviously technically gifted players are rated high. Totti was 77 when he came through. BUT he wasnt fast or had any stamina lol

Obviously technically gifted players are rated high. Totti was 77 when he came through. BUT he wasnt fast or had any stamina lol

personal opinion but it would be nice if they knocked a few OVR points off him. if they cant randomise the attributes i'd hope they could do a global -10 o something. a 16 year old rated at 77 is too high!

Last edited:
You never forget the one liners from the classic Pro Evo's. Cheese on toast, yet the game is so complex yet simple underneath!
They're not doing it on purpose though, that's the thing! They're trying to create something that sounds like real commentary, and that makes me crinnnnge. When he says "are you just picking him because he's a defender like you Jim?!" that's not funny, it's just a really bad script.

If they were aiming to give it commentary that sounds like it's straight out of The Office and make us laugh, A) they wouldn't hire professional commentators that cost an arm and a leg, and B) they'd be saying much more ridiculous things.

In my opinion, if they want to compete for a bigger share of the market, they have to take this stuff seriously and create a professional package. As long as it doesn't affect the gameplay of course...

But that's my opinion. It's like the guys who want the ML default team with Minanda and Castolo and that lot. That totally spoils the experience for me.

Whereas how long does it take to get fed up of FIFA's serious tone? Not long.
Totally disagree, that's just your opinion. Not the thread for comparisons, but it's a really professional commentary package that's amongst the best in sports games.

A game should be just that. A game.
Again, totally disagree - if that was the case we'd all be playing Mario Strikers Charged on the Wii. If PES as a package was made to look and sound as professional as possible, you and I would still buy it for the gameplay, but more people would consider taking the game more seriously, and it could then make more money, and then - this is the dream, for me - they'd be able to work on things like the commentary, the career modes AND the gameplay without having to sacrifice something because of their budget.

(Incidentally, talking about favourite cheesy lines of commentary... My favourite cheesy line ever was from a FIFA - I forget who said it, might have been John Motson, or Mark Lawrenson before he briefly switched sides - but... "That was like a PIN to a MAGNET!" So bad. Also, the classic "he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo". Back in the days when professional presentation really didn't matter and it was all about cheese...)

personal opinion but it would be nice if they knocked a few OVR points off him. if they cant randomise the attributes i'd hope they could do a global -10 o something. a 1 year old rated at 77 is too high!
Christ, I didn't even know youth teams signed them up that young! :LOL:

Last edited:
Thanks. Unfortunately it turns out that it didn't save all of the highlights and just saved the kick off!

what you've done is simply saved a "moment" in your highlights package within the actual pes2017 replays reel. I.E. During Highlights you can press x or whatever it is, to save the moment of the highlight, eg. a goal, tackle, close call etc.

But to actually record the entire highlights (so you can upload) you have to use the 'share' button to record the video to the ps4. For me, I start the highlights, then double click 'share'button to start recording, and when the highlights finish, I then double click the 'share' button again, to turn off the video recording - which then saves that video to my share menu in my ps4. If you press the share button once, you then can go into the share menu, pick your video, and upload on youtube etc.

Im sure there is a setting in the 'share' menu, that you assign what button press initiates a video recording/stops recording.

scored my first fk in 2017 with benat (atletico bilbao) without the stupid setpiece guideline but couldnt save proper gameplay footage cos theyve changed the ps4 video save functionality and confused the hell outta me. did save from the highlights reel tho but no one will believe me i had setpiece guideline turned off lol

why are the stadiums not sold out when I play online games? Is there a way to control the size of the crowd like old PES games?

also, for the life of me I can't figure out how to change the goal styles and turf patterns. Can those changes be used on online friendly games vs friends?

It's because you or your opponents play wireless. Lol. Because PES is the only game bothered by wireless players, that's a shame. The guy who told about the wireless thing can't be serious

You can't be serious thinking wired vs wireless are the same lol read the whole thread not part of it and you'll see what I was trying to say.

Last edited:
I never sign my youth players,kinda kills my "realism" to sign a 16 year old Luca Toni that looks 45.
Same shit as every year

Totally unnecessary to have regens. . . .the guys were talking about old commentary . .I've one thing to say . .SCORCHIO!

PES having 'bad' (it's subjective) commentary is part of its charm for me. Love the way Peter shouts the players' names OTT as they shoot. If I want to listen to realistic-sounding commentary I'll watch a real football match. If any gamer is not playing PES due solely to the commentary, it's their loss. I think you should be careful what you wish for re. getting the majority of footy gamers switching to PES. For all we know with more money the gameplay might head in a 'bad' direction. FIFA has loads of money and look at its gameplay.

You can't be serious thinking wired vs wireless are the same lol read the whole thread not part of it and you'll see what I was trying to say.

Can you explain why a wireless connection would introduce noticeable lag?

Can you explain why a wireless connection would introduce noticeable lag?

A quick google search can easily explain you this. Basically there's no loss of information with wired(Ethernet) vs wireless where there's higher latency and interference from other devices around you. If the network code is already not up to par and you add all these on top of it, how can one expect a good connection. You want the best possible connection especially when it comes to PES. Wire your PS4 to the internet and experience how smoother things get.

There is a really simple but good explanation here.

http://www.howtogeek.com/217463/wi-fi-vs.-ethernet-how-much-better-is-a-wired-connection/

Last edited:
PES having 'bad' (it's subjective) commentary is part of its charm for me. Love the way Peter shouts the players' names OTT as they shoot. If I want to listen to realistic-sounding commentary I'll watch a real football match. If any gamer is not playing PES due solely to the commentary, it's their loss. I think you should be careful what you wish for re. getting the majority of footy gamers switching to PES. For all we know with more money the gameplay might head in a 'bad' direction. FIFA has loads of money and look at its gameplay.

Exactly my thoughts also. There is such a thing as being so bad, its good. That applies to PES commentary. Especially the old stuff.

I mean who the hell takes it serious when its not even trying to be. You can't but laugh at the good ol;

"Its a counter-raid"

"Hammer n tongs"

"Hard fought match" ... 2 minutes in.

The game has always had a sense of humour. When the gameplays good people have a laugh with and at it. When the gameplays bad, then it becomes a thing to poke a stick with.

Was it PES 13 or some FIFA game who had "WARNOCK" shouted out every time Stephen Warnock had the ball?
Both Konami and EA has a fascination for certain names.
Idrissa Gueye from West Ham (lol:)) being the latest

Any ideas if there'll be Mexican and MLS files out soon? Pretty much all I'm missing you kick off a south American/ Americas ML.

Was it PES 13 or some FIFA game who had "WARNOCK" shouted out every time Stephen Warnock had the ball?
Both Konami and EA has a fascination for certain names.
Idrissa Gueye from West Ham (lol:)) being the latest

I'm not sure but I remember Barry Davies on match of the day calling a Switzerland international player who was playing in the premier league "Swiss" when he received the ball instead of his real name once.

why are the stadiums not sold out when I play online games? Is there a way to control the size of the crowd like old PES games?

also, for the life of me I can't figure out how to change the goal styles and turf patterns. Can those changes be used on online friendly games vs friends?

Anyone ???

I just played a cup game on superstar and wanted to be an average team against the big boys, so chose Southampton. I really wanted it to be a super tough tournament. 1st game against Bayern I get 73% of possession and win 3-0. Set the tournament up again on top player and put myself against Bayern and get 53% of possession and win 4-1. Playing on PA0 and basic shooting. (EDIT: I meant PA1)

Was a bit disappointed with superstar and a bit disappointed with the challenge. Such an amazing game but really wishing it was a bit harder on the higher difficulties.

Last edited:
Played on Superstar last 10 games or so and I can dominate, but bloody hell its hard to score. Keepers seem to get a right boost, either that or your shooting isn't as effective on the level. Seem to hit the post a lot more, sometimes I'm only a few yards out aswell.

Ha ha that's classy.
Imagine that today,Lineker referring to Mahrez as "Arab dude"
Or Rooney as shrek..

He was totally oblivious to what he said Rock .. .it was highlighted on the Baddiel and Skinner show the following week . ..very funny at the time.

Back
Top Bottom