PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

I might be able to help out via Google Drive - give me ten mins and I'll report back (might edit this post).

EDIT: Yep. Might need to compress into a 7-Zip file to get it to fit on the Google Drive, or upload it to a different Google account's drive space, but I can do it.

Should be up within an hour or two. I'll edit this post when the link is ready.

EDIT 2: Here you go... Click here to download.
Thanks a lot. I was searching this game for ages.
But i have a problem. Game wont start, crashing all the time (white screen). Any tips?

Last edited:
I'm tempted now...
I mean, I have this game on Steam but hey, what would happen if they decided to shut down the activation servers for it someday? We'd be screwed...
As far as I remember, the game still looks for the activation server once in a while when launching to confirm it's a legit copy, that's why it wouldn't boot if the PC is offline, so... It would do the same if the other side of the link (the activation server) got taken offline.
I think I might DL it too and keep it somewhere safe, should the need arise. It's still one of the best PES games around despite not being as good visually as the PS4 version.

I'm tempted now...
I mean, I have this game on Steam but hey, what would happen if they decided to shut down the activation servers for it someday? We'd be screwed...
As far as I remember, the game still looks for the activation server once in a while when launching to confirm it's a legit copy, that's why it wouldn't boot if the PC is offline, so... It would do the same if the other side of the link (the activation server) got taken offline.
I think I might DL it too and keep it somewhere safe, should the need arise. It's still one of the best PES games around despite not being as good visually as the PS4 version.
Well you need to use nodvd fix BUT nodvd version only works with PES 2017 1.01 exe not the latest 1.04.01 exe

I tried playing it but it was just too poor visually on my laptop. It was difficult seeing what was happening in the distance in player cam and that basically made it hard for me to stick with it. Game wasn't optimised at all for PC it feels like

I tried playing it but it was just too poor visually on my laptop. It was difficult seeing what was happening in the distance in player cam and that basically made it hard for me to stick with it. Game wasn't optimised at all for PC it feels like
Yeah sadly they downgraded the visuals from 2015 to 2017. I don't think it looks terrible, just not as nice as the console versions.

So it happened again, the phantom goal

Last week i played the game with my friends, it was at 90th minute of the game, i was winning 4-3 my friend took a corner and his player took a low shot at left of my GK. My GK stop the ball, you know what ? it should've been a corner (again) but no, the game says it's a goal ! :D

Sadly no footage of it, it's probably like this video

Watch the video above, 2nd block, while GK block the shot he also barely touch the goal post but in my case no, GK clearly block the ball :D

Played PES 2017 a moment ago, magnetism felt so excessive. Googled "PES 2017 magnetism" and there's arstechnica.com review, it says
It no longer feels as though the ball has some form of magnetic attraction to a player's body—get a pass wrong, through poor timing or power, and you pay for it
If you've set your players up to retain possession and patiently work openings through the opposing defence, then this lack of magnetism can be fatal if you're not picking passes properly.
I was like WHAAT. Are we even talking about the same game?!
Then I saw this comment here
... Also, it seems attract to players' feet like a magnet, which seems quite glitchy and unnatural.

We're both on full manual, and we tried various settings, but the ball is like a sticky balloon. Very ping-pongy games.
Then I had a sigh of relief. I'm not the only one thinks that. Is PC version and console versions are too different? I assume arstechnica review was based on console version and it's vastly different from PC version. PC version looks worse than PS4/XB1 versions that's a fact, I wonder if they are different in gameplay too or not.

Recently played PES 2017. Made a video about magnetism I talked about earlier and random highlights with and without mods.

I played PES 2017 on PC, like PES 2015 and PES 2016 graphical fidelity is closer to Xbox 360 / PS3 counterparts instead of Xbox One / PS4 version. It's safe to assume that they want it to run on low spec PCs but they didn't give an option for next-gen graphics. My video shows both unmodified and modded gameplay, you can distinguish them by turf color. Greener turf means it's modded. PES 2017 gameplay speed was balanced, goalkeepers were strong enough but something about the game felt wrong. Magnetism felt too much. It was weird to see PES 2017 praised for not having magnetism on ArsTechnica review, I assume it's the PS4 / Xbox One versions that doesn't have magnetism. On PC, PES 2017 must have significantly different gameplay.

I want to continue with PES 2018 but I will not rush it.

00:00-00:51 : Magnetism issue
00:51-02:06 : PES 2015 Vanilla gameplay
02:06-09:12 : SmokePatch 9.4 2016-17 gameplay

Yesterday I was lamenting the fact that I couldn't play this on PC because I was having graphical issues with it. Today I found out a windows setting was the cause. And now the game is looking how it is supposed to.

So I giving this a go again. Honestly can't wait.

Yesterday I was lamenting the fact that I couldn't play this on PC because I was having graphical issues with it. Today I found out a windows setting was the cause. And now the game is looking how it is supposed to.

So I giving this a go again. Honestly can't wait.
Please do share you wisdom. I want to give this a shot again but I can't get it to run smoothly on my PC that runs many new games at 60+ FPS. I've watched videos of people playing the game on their PC and it runs smoothly.

My issue was I couldn't get it higher than 720p so it would be blurry as all hell when using the borderless gaming program. Turns out there was a setting I need to override/turn off and it then gave me the option for 1080p in the settings exe.

Have you tried forcing vsync on? That's the only thing that comes to mind if the game is stuffering. Idk if I can be much more help unfortunately lol

PES 2017 (with smoke patch) is still in my top 5 favorite PES of all time.. And yes, I only play PC versions. :TU: It's classic and modern at the same time and after playing it for a long time (I've always played vanilla gameplay in this version), I haven't detected any script. A fun game with well designed gameplay that is greatly enhanced by smoke patch. Too bad that they won't be updating PES 2017 anymore, hopefully someone will pick up the slack and continue releasing patches for it! :BSCARF:

I only got the PS4 version. Absolutely no idea if it's different but i don't think at all about 15-16-17. I even played on PS3 which i brough for someone in discount (he's not used to football and gaming, and wanted recent database) then i tried. I didn't feel differences, to me it's the same game on every port globally speaking, so on PC it should be the same too.

I would say it's the funniest PES on PS4 objectively (to me fun is subjective and i like much more like 19-20-21 to feel the weight, more variation in shoot etc.)

But i talk generally, try to be objective, it's dynamic, you got just the time to think what to do not too much or too low. A bit more Action-Football, a bit fast, less inertia etc. but balanced and dynamic.

Now i'll be really honest, i retried that game after my 2 favorite (as they destroyed the 20) and i just can't go back before PES 19 on PS4.
No problem to launch a PES 2011 even PES 2008 PS3 that i've learn to appreciate as a PES 6 HD with smarter AI/Less assistance. Even if the best PES HD in terms of gameplay is on 360 (PES 6) unfortunately edit mode was destroyed.

That's probably the 2 from PS3 i may launch an ML directly. For the 360 version it was great and better online with Crosoft servers, and doing an ML with nothing but names edited...
All the the others years i was much on FIFA, even if i hated the 09 where with or without the ball was bugged as the speed didn't got influence, and i remember PES 2009 as the faster PES ever made so... 08-09 were bad years-seasons to me lol

Too bad that they won't be updating PES 2017 anymore, hopefully someone will pick up the slack and continue releasing patches for it!
They will, like they did with PES 2-3-4-5-6 until 2014 and the Winning even versions even J-League too lol. But you will need to wait some years 😅

PES 2017 (with smoke patch) is still in my top 5 favorite PES of all time.. And yes, I only play PC versions. :TU: It's classic and modern at the same time and after playing it for a long time (I've always played vanilla gameplay in this version), I haven't detected any script. A fun game with well designed gameplay that is greatly enhanced by smoke patch. Too bad that they won't be updating PES 2017 anymore, hopefully someone will pick up the slack and continue releasing patches for it! :BSCARF:
Oh dont worry about that, pes 2017 wont be dead. New patches will come out every year. It's like PES 6 3.0

Hey bud does your version run smoothly? I can't get mine to not run choppy as hell.

Every goalmouth action in PES 17 is so acrobatic. Instead of heading the ball, attackers try a wild scissor/bicycle kick; instead of grabbing the ball and distributing quickly, goalkeepers launch after the ball like a cat.

Otherwise, I find this to be a nearly perfect game of football. I turned on teammate sliding to auto and I'm seeing more reckless, realistic attempts at winning the ball, leading to more yellow cards. Defending is also fun, which I can't say about on 2019 and 2021, because there's strategy involved and opponents, particularly big physical forwards, are a handful.

I think I need to investigate and see if I can remove acrobatic finishing (if it even is a special ability in this version, it might not be in yet) and see if that makes things better. There's nothing worse than a perfect cross into Giroud and having him try to finish it with his feet way above his head.

Hey guys! I was going to start my newest ML campaign with Reggina's story in 2011, but after much playing and testing, I've decided to run it in PES 2017 (with smoke patch starting in the 2020 season!) Even though PES 2011 is a solid game, I've been enjoying PES 2017 so much lately that I've decided to make this edition the one for my latest ML installment!

https://evoweb.uk/threads/millossobeks-master-league-written-stories.88367/page-7#post-3850034

Stay tuned!! :TU: :RSCARF:

Hey guys!

I just created a player for PES 2017 PC version, and would like to assign a miniface to him, corresponding to the created face.

Can anyone help me assign it? Thanks in advance.. :TU:

Hey guys!

I just created a player for PES 2017 PC version, and would like to assign a miniface to him, corresponding to the created face.

Can anyone help me assign it? Thanks in advance.. :TU:
created in edit mode ? i don't think it's possible

Steam or non steam ?

Loading problem could be anything... Face with real eyes, stadium, tattoo

This game is a mess when adding mods

Steam or non steam ?

Loading problem could be anything... Face with real eyes, stadium, tattoo

This game is a mess when adding mods
Non Steam. It's the only version I don't own on steam because of course you can't buy it anymore.

But yeah I'm using the PTE patch 6.0 which is the last patch that features the 16/17 for the game.

Everything else works fin until you start a match and you can't skip the entrance.

Back
Top Bottom