PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

So guys i'd like to know how much do you guys think that Konami will push fox engine for PES16. I'm sure a lot of you have seen Metal Gear for example and how great it looks, do you guys think konami will push it further like better Ambient Occlusion, Level of detail, particles and so on?

Fox Engine its a very complete engine and versatile too. Also the "next-gen" of PES structure its partially understood so we know what to expect.

I just wish that they can put aside the "Oh we want pes to be accessible for everyone". It's not a selfish commentary, but if they want to get the franchise back on tops they need to step over it. Maybe that's why they asked for system requirements on this PES15...

Snack all You like, KEEP ON TOPIC FOR PES2016 and quit irrelevant off topic posting.

I think it's relevant for a Pes 2016 discussion to remark that the graphics became worse from Pes 2014 to Pes 2015.

For Pes 2016 Konami needs to really amp the graphics on xbox one and Ps4 and provide better and more animations, better lighting, dynamic weather, kits that get dirty...

LoD will be shit still, PC will still get a dumbed down version i fear, the lightning will be a bit better and we wont get 3d grass for spot kicks. overall PES looks great, not much needed to make it look awesome but doubt they'll care and honestly if they fix the gameplay i dont care either

What do you expect? Too early for that.

I'm not actually expecting anything at all.
If you're asking me what I would like is a full gameplay video or a mix of different normal gameplay videos, no close ups or renders. That'd be the best game to sell their game. They can come all out with news, game modes, licenses and PR gimmicks once they can talk about all of it freely. Meanwhile, only real gameplay videos showcasing new moves, new AI, etc, will make it worth it.

That's the only way to see actual progress throughout the modes, and get feedback from the community in time to fix certain stuff before release. Otherwise, the same things happen over and over again, we get a half-baked game upon release with a whole lot of stuff that "could have been better" if approached in time.

I'm not so naive to think any of this will actually happen on June 12th, but THAT'S JUST WHAT I WOULD LOVE KONAMI TO DO.

My 2 cents.

So guys i'd like to know how much do you guys think that Konami will push fox engine for PES16. I'm sure a lot of you have seen Metal Gear for example and how great it looks, do you guys think konami will push it further like better Ambient Occlusion, Level of detail, particles and so on?

Fox Engine its a very complete engine and versatile too. Also the "next-gen" of PES structure its partially understood so we know what to expect.

I just wish that they can put aside the "Oh we want pes to be accessible for everyone". It's not a selfish commentary, but if they want to get the franchise back on tops they need to step over it. Maybe that's why they asked for system requirements on this PES15...

I truly, honestly, doubt the team behind PES can push the boundaries that far.
And your right, all they can say is "we have to make the game accessible for everyone" because people with low specs PCs play it too. But sometimes you have to make the tough decision and make the cut. Otherwise you're dragging a lot of people to play a "could-have-been-better" game just because you don't want to leave people out.

They can put different detail options so people with poor specs can try to play it too, but they should mainly focus on ULTRA HIGH DETAILS and then build from there.

Look at EA. They finally decided to take the PC version to the PS4 level, and they couldn't care less about old PCs. They made the cut that needed to be done. We are in 2015. Games need to be realistic.

But there's no point in giving us a graphically downgraded version of the game when it's not even optimized. Fifa 15 and GTAV is running smooth on my old amd phenom 2 x6 1055t 2.8 ghz processor. The new wolfenstein too. Even if you don't care about graphics that much, the standards in football games are waaaaay to low.

But there's no point in giving us a graphically downgraded version of the game when it's not even optimized. Fifa 15 and GTAV is running smooth on my old amd phenom 2 x6 1055t 2.8 ghz processor. The new wolfenstein too. Even if you don't care about graphics that much, the standards in football games are waaaaay to low.

I know!
I recently bought an AMD ATI SAPPHIRE TRI-X R9 290x (4GB DDR5) and I can set everything (in the video card settings, the game settings, and also tweak the files from the game) to ULTRA HIGH for FIFA with SWEETFX (actually it's RESHADE FRAMEWORK which is even more CPU-consuming) and it runs perfectly fine, locked at 60fps. But If I try to do the same with PES, it has micro-stutters and it increases input lag. WTF?!

CGupH2HWcAAWUua.jpg

The thing it that at the moment the current PES engine lacks of optimization, so that accessibility thin its just an excuse because people with low specs still can't play the game properly. And hey maybe those with low specs need to start thinking about an upgrade. I see people with low specs adding sweetfx and stuff to their games so there is no point to sacrifice LOD for example. They could just add a proper settings config with LOD, shadow res, AO, Fxaa, Smaa and so on. The thing is that for me is that someone its lazy enough not to care about the PC version of the game.

Probably because the PC version will generate the least amount of sales

This is from a forum http://forums.onlyproevolutions.com/viewtopic.php?t=1568 so not sure on the accuracy but if true then this is probably why they do not focus.

Even though the numbers are slightly higher than the xbox one the cost of a PC game is noticeably cheaper.

The you have the problem of people downloading the game for free on PC - if it was my company i would put the effort where the sales are

The PlayStation 4 version accounted for more than half of the sales with sales of 193,431 units. The PlayStation 3 version sold 145,038 units. The PC version sold 15,593 units, the Xbox 360 version sold 14,158 and the Xbox One version sold 13,80 units.

I heard that the total sales figures in all platform is in between 4M to 4.5 or maybe higher.

And yes, PES sales much more on PlayStation system, so I kinda understand the extra attention they give to PS owners.

If it is really a "Full" reveal, again IF and "Full", then I suspect a much earlier release. Please God make it an August release like the old days.

umm winning eleven always came out in january, thats what i remember :D and it was always more complete game and had all the transfers

more March and April

But for PES 2016 I think during the two last weeks of september is a perfect date.

If I remember it correctly, the last time Konami released PES in september was PES 2014 and that one was an unfinished product at release-date. So I don't mind if it is in october, as long as it is finished.

umm winning eleven always came out in january, thats what i remember :D and it was always more complete game and had all the transfers

Winning Eleven was always in August, then PES around October, then another Winning Eleven release around January which I think was the US release, then another Winning Eleven around March if there was an "evolution" release.

If I remember it correctly, the last time Konami released PES in september was PES 2014 and that one was an unfinished product at release-date. So I don't mind if it is in october, as long as it is finished.
Because PES 2014 is new engine

This year if animations and graphics aren't next gen and master league isn't deep, they won't improve sales, more pressure for konami to perform this year than the last or else people will be going back to Fifa

I remember a time when gameplay was the most important thing. All people care about these days is graphics. Sad times.

I remember a time when gameplay was the most important thing. All people care about these days is graphics. Sad times.

Gameplay is the most important , but in reality tech as moved on and the games need to follow suit ..this adds to the whole experience...Some parts of PES are miles away from so called next gen

Back
Top Bottom