PES 2013 MLO Thread

Wait. Tell me I'm misunderstanding this. I have to play 12 matches with this shit squad BEFORE I sell them? I remember in PES 2011 I just sold the lot of them and bought a new team from scratch. That's not possible this year? Just played my first game and dominated possession (70% of it), but there is little more I can do as these players are too shit to score on an open goal. I lost 1-0 (to an assisted throughball) because my defenders are rated D's and E's for speed and have 0 awareness.

Edit: I misunderstood. The message when you try to release a player is confusing.

Well then, off to Meereen with the lot of them.

Last edited:
Is there a website where you can look up players by attributes, position, or player cards to facilitate looking for what players to buy?

Just signed Buonanotte for 2M US. In his default position he is a 69 that is why he was so cheap, but if you move him to RM he is a 75.

Last edited:
Is there a website where you can look up players by attributes, position, or player cards to facilitate looking for what players to buy?

Just signed Buonanotte for 2M US. In his default position he is a 69 that is why he was so cheap, but if you move him to RM he is a 75.

pesdb.net

Shows the player prices and number of owners as well.

pesdb.net

Shows the player prices and number of owners as well.
Thanks.

The constant over the top through ball, non working pass assistance filters, player unresponsiveness to ground through balls, and constant ping-ponging without any sense of direction(related to pass assistance filters) means that I will stop playing this mode after only one day. Shame since it is an exceptional mode, made crap by the way people play online. Sticking with offline modes until the filters get sorted.

Re: [PS3/360] PES 2013 Full Manual Games - post your gamertag

its a joke dude... the filters dont work at all, about 1/5 (if even) are actually playing against someone with manual passing & shooting

you can tell if their power bar isnt yellow.

playing against people with more then one bar is just annoying and boring

Thanks.

The constant over the top through ball, non working pass assistance filters, player unresponsiveness to ground through balls, and constant ping-ponging without any sense of direction(related to pass assistance filters) means that I will stop playing this mode after only one day. Shame since it is an exceptional mode, made crap by the way people play online. Sticking with offline modes until the filters get sorted.

sadly I feel the same and dont forget the ridiculousness high pressure, people just holding both buttons and the f*cked up thing is it actully works

I tried this and won 3 games in a row

put 5 men up front high pressure full on and just hold both button at the correct time and your changes of winning will be huge

I feel like you do... but I keep trying since Tuesday night when I got the game here in North America. My first 3 matches online when I first played the game were ranked matches against another all manual player and it was one of the best footie experiences I have had online in any video game. Then I found out how to go to MLO and man it’s tough not to get frustrated if your trying to play full manual against teams that are better than yours to begin with as well. Not only is the other team better and has players like Di Natale on it the first night the games comes out here… but they use 4 bars controls which speeds up the game considerably online. Not to mention the all out full court basketball pressing as well… man it makes it hard to even compete at all like I thought maybe I could. If i could use blimp cam i might have a better chance to beat the press with longer manual passes.

If they had MLO full manual mode.. I be all over it. Playing MLO right now is like playing FIFA 12 online to me… it’s goes from realistic footie game to arcade in a hurry imo

Last edited:
sadly I feel the same and dont forget the ridiculousness high pressure, people just holding both buttons and the f*cked up thing is it actully works

I tried this and won 3 games in a row

put 5 men up front high pressure full on and just hold both button at the correct time and your changes of winning will be huge

Nah. Tactics like those work against the vulnerable, but after a while the predictability of it just exposes the player. They launch it over the top persistently, it's easy to recognise so just drop off to intercept. High pressure just allows you to skip past them, etc.

I get that when you have the defaults and are still getting used to the game it sometimes seems unplayable, but if you stick it out it pays off IMO. I'll admit to being raped a few times, but it's becoming easier and easier. Be interested to see how better rated defenders cope. Only doubts I have are over the ease of shots outside the area, and the playability of superhuman speed merchants. No idea why Konami persist with that joke of a player card, creates such an imbalance.

In terms of assisted passing, I can only think of two instances where I felt the opposition had unfair adv. Even then, their pass completions only fell in the 80% range so it's not too bad. I've come against one manual player (I use 1 bar), and got soundly beaten so it's not impossible to still compete with it..

Anyway, my guys...

13zz8qu.png

Out of these reprobates I'd recommend Arevalo, Gameiro and Buonanotte for value.

nice danny

I like your vote of confidence... I will try to stick it out some more. I only invested in 4 MLO matches so far so my experience with it is limited. it doesn't help I matched up with the #1 player in my 2nd MLO match. he was 20 - 0 - 1. I was so pissed that even knowing he was #1 before the match started... I play all out defensive possession strategy trying to go for the draw but he still smoked me 6 - 0

I reckon it's all about expectation and tolerance. Dickheads online are unavoidable, and thats been the case for every pro evo game since PES 4. Fortunately, most of the goons that play 4-2-4 and lump it to the wings aren't very good, so once you've familiarised yourself with the game you can easily disarm their game-plan.

Of course, there will always be a small number of those clinical gamers that exploit all the effective routes to goal. In those cases you just have to take it on the chin, and savour the times you manage to disrupt their fetish for cheap victories.

PES 12 tipped the balance too much toward these types, so I never bothered last year. This time, it seems OK from what I've played. Even the assistance matching system is doing it's job from what I can tell. Otherwise, there's always the option of just arranging games on here with like-minded individuals.

Also, can anyone recommend some midrange Midfield Generals? Around the £2-4m level. Preferably box to box.

Off-loaded Mudingayi after a couple games as he was a load of wank. Brought in Mellthrop, as both him and Arevalo have 88 response stats so should up everything. Want someone a bit more refined though, in PES 11 I had D'Agostino but he's a bit light. Fancy someone with a bit of bulk to control the game, Cahill might be an option.

Nah. Tactics like those work against the vulnerable, but after a while the predictability of it just exposes the player. They launch it over the top persistently, it's easy to recognise so just drop off to intercept. High pressure just allows you to skip past them, etc.

I get that when you have the defaults and are still getting used to the game it sometimes seems unplayable, but if you stick it out it pays off IMO. I'll admit to being raped a few times, but it's becoming easier and easier. Be interested to see how better rated defenders cope. Only doubts I have are over the ease of shots outside the area, and the playability of superhuman speed merchants. No idea why Konami persist with that joke of a player card, creates such an imbalance.

In terms of assisted passing, I can only think of two instances where I felt the opposition had unfair adv. Even then, their pass completions only fell in the 80% range so it's not too bad. I've come against one manual player (I use 1 bar), and got soundly beaten so it's not impossible to still compete with it..

Anyway, my guys...

13zz8qu.png

Out of these reprobates I'd recommend Arevalo, Gameiro and Buonanotte for value.
Arevalo (Kratos):WORSHIP: PES God.

I've having a more reasonable time recently (still only two wins) but has anyone else noticed that when you lost connection to the server the game (or server) doesn't recognise that your last match didn't complete and removes one game from all your player contracts and adds fatigue to all players (including those that didn't play).

Abdi is a cracking cheap buy for CM.

I play alot of Manager mode on MLO and he always seems to do the right things and very rarely gives the ball away.

Also, at first I went with the 15 man squad tactic and sold loads of default players but it ended up with everyone always being on downers so I started again and this time kept a squad of about 20 players but instead scoured the world for players who cost around 700k each but had better stats than the default players. Players like Al Ranza, Makos, Abdi, Acosta became my new default squad and I've slowly brought in medium quality players to add that extra bit of quality.
Surprisingly, on Manager mode, my team regularly controls and often beats much higher rated teams. I like my team, they all pitch in and work well together. I don't want to add any superstars :)

my player tips:

Abe
Toraman
M.Wilson
A.Fathy
Toquero
Hosogai
Didot
Rabiu
Naismith
Osman
Ljajic
P.Cesar
Okazaki
Salpingidis
Vossen

playd with all of them, good cheap versatile players with solid form etc. stats + some nice playstyle cards, e.g. rabiu
(playd both coach mode and normal, mostly coach mode)

Last edited:
Arevalo (Kratos):WORSHIP: PES God.

Cult hero, will be the only man to retain his place throughout.

Really struggling right now. Take back what I said about it being easy to accumulate cash, hadn't encountered the contracts dynamic before! Slowly clawing enough to secure a decent CB.

Still shaken after being pillaged by Eto'o :CONFUSE: My guys were already fatigued after a disconnected game prior. Was one up, broke with Lodeiro, cutting inside to grab the second. Laid it off to early, countered. Eto'o away, goal. From then I just cynically hacked him down whenever he got a yard ahead. Managed to get away with it initially until the inevitable red. Held the barage then on until the 92ND FUCKING MINUTE. Sick as a parrot.

Also not sure on Gameiro. Has some nice touches but is really impotent, hasn't scored half as much as Kalinic did.

Looking at bringing in a bulkier replacement, needs to be around the 1.5-2m range, any suggestions? Ideally high body balance and decent speed. Battering ram rather then finesse.

Also not sure on Gameiro. Has some nice touches but is really impotent, hasn't scored half as much as Kalinic did.

Looking at bringing in a bulkier replacement, needs to be around the 1.5-2m range, any suggestions? Ideally high body balance and decent speed. Battering ram rather then finesse.
I got Soldado pretty cheap. Don't know if that is what you're looking for though.

Soldado is a great buy for cheap. When you say got hold of him for cheap, how do you mean? I thought all the players have set prices?

Soldado is a great buy for cheap. When you say got hold of him for cheap, how do you mean? I thought all the players have set prices?

You are right in that you can't negotiate a price down, but depending on the popularity of the player and how early/late you get him, the price fluctuates. Better to get players as soon as possible. Especially attacking players.

I'm from Australia and I'm struggling to play games. Is there any way i can improve to try and connect with others

A lot of people will be hammering FIFA online now. I've stopped playing MLO for a few days. Sick of coming up against super teams and I preferred playing against friends or offline. Will be cool once this patch comes out so a few friends can play at once!

The match making in Coach Mode is much better than Quick Match, I hope this gets fixed.

Just played my first MLO game. All manual settings, got matched against a team that included Van Der Vaart, Balotelli, Boruc etc. :ROLL:. Lost 2-1 because he scored 2 easy goals from Balotelli. My one goal though was lovely. Some great close control dribbling through two of his players, then a great lay off for Mirandinho to smash past the goalkeeper from 20 yards :)). Will upload a video of it soon!

Here it is:

YouTube - Minandinho Strike

Last edited:
STRONGLY recommend investing in a decent backline as soon as possible. Once you've got a reliable set of competent CBs, it's infinitely more enjoyable as through balls as much easier to combat. Was leaking goals all over the place until I sorted that out, also man-marking individually in the tactics screen is also very effective. And I'd advise against having a deep backline, just opens up bags of space for the opposition to operate in. :THINK:

Bulked my side up considerably since the last lot. King Arevalo is still the prefered battler, but I've brought in Nolan and a Brazilian named Victor to beef up the physicality of the team....

27xm9te.jpg

Toivonen is the key though. Big ol' hulking Swedish targetman with tricky feet and an eye for goal. :LOVE: Will quite often just spray a diagonal ball to the left flank, which he'll either bring down and shoot or flick it on for Burak to run onto. Buonanotte blows hot and cold but is absolutely sensational on form, him, Lodeiro and Danilo are interchangable.

I'm not sold on Nolan, but he's reasonably cheap and there was no real alternate in that price range. Purely there for physical presense, as it's really allowed me to slow things down without rushing. Before my lightweight squad meant I had to shift it around constantly or else just get an elbow in the back and lose possession. However he's also a bit of a lumbering oaf :II Play often passes him by, or else he arrives a second or two late. Ideally I'd replace him with Bolatti when I have enough.

Priority is now getting a better LB in, maybe upgrade the keeper as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom