PES 2012: The Wish List

Agree.
Online editing sounds great!

I would like to have managers in. Fully editeble and transfers among teams. Not just the graphic part but also some skill level involved.

i don´t play ML cus i think it´s so unrealistic. But i hate the fact that when i play Serie A (for example) i can´t transfer players in my or another team, or play the CL. I would like to transfer the correct ones in all teams by myself =P

Last edited:
players have no agility in real life footballers are more agile it's hard to move players faster, also dribbling is impossible you should play beginner to dribble other wise it's impossible.
old pes was really more realistic, it's my opinion.

About the dribbling, I think the issue is more the AI defending being quicker than you, even when trying to wrong foot them, which isn't accurate imo.

also shooting from distance is hard, scoring is impossible even if player has highest skills he can not shoot properly.
some players in real life can score even from their half of the field, but here it is impossible, from your half you can not even change shot power.
and if a player with highest skill can not do that then what's the sense of high skills, the same with speed and others.
also very often keepers and referees have same color of uniform which is not allowed.

I would like to see much more customizable options for football kit creation and emblem creation, also some new fonts for kit markings and numbers would also be a nice add to PES 2012!

I think a complete renovation of the Edit mode would be the best thing and replace the current kit customizing options with some completely new material.

also shooting from distance is hard, scoring is impossible even if player has highest skills he can not shoot properly.
some players in real life can score even from their half of the field, but here it is impossible, from your half you can not even change shot power.
and if a player with highest skill can not do that then what's the sense of high skills, the same with speed and others.
also very often keepers and referees have same color of uniform which is not allowed.

You think? I've score many long shots 30+ yards. I find it too unrealistic though how the defense always backs off from you to a point where you can get a clear shot in. The problem is that the goal is usually always the same, some bullet shot that goes perfectly straight, it's not very redeeming. This is on top player.

i have scored from 30 yards too and longer, but you didn't get what i mean, have you ever scored goal from your half? many players have scored, in real life i mean, that is impossible in this game.

Based on the last two videos i'm kind of glad i haven't scored from my own half. They look like 'WTF PES what's up with your physics' moments to me (and on the second grrrrr goalkeeper).

some funny physics indeed, i believe these are silly lazy programming errors by some newbies in konami who got away with such embarassing physics, to score from your own half with an overhead kick is not pes, people who are newly hired are responsible for these type of unattended programming codes they should be identified by seabass, it's amazing how they get away with it, iv never seen this in any pes series, its ridiculous to see this in pes 2011, infact even in the old games you don't see anything like this.

guys now i see that it is possible and last two videos were very unrealistic but it should be possible to score from your half but realistically not like this and are you sure that this goals are scored against top player?

I tried to score from my own half in PES 2011 during the demo but eventually gave up. The closest I came was a shot that just beat the retreating keepers out-stretched hand but crashed off the bar. I attempted these shots with a maxed out high manual pass. Which to be honest, realistically, is the only true technique to pull this off in real-life.

Holding L2 and maxing shoot out from your own half often works well.
ive beaten the keeper several times using this only for the shot to be off target.

Personally for 2012 id just love to see Konami fix the abysmal collision detection system, which allows ABH like fouls, doesn't punish other blatant fouls inc. off the ball, fix player switching PROPERLY, get rid of the little animations where the player does a semi circle round the ball before controlling it, and the ridiculous stumble animation that renders your player inept for 3 seconds, and the horrendous elephant first touch that players auto-take. If they fixed these it would smooth the game out tenfold, id happily take a swerve on pretty things like nets, animations, etc if this was done.

PES 11 is a magical game and can throw up moments that no other footy game can, as long as you learn how to play it properly.
there are so many hidden little intricacies about PES11 that are nopt documented anywhere in the manual but certainly need learning, like the timed sprinting, use of R2 and L2 for control (timing is crucial) etc. You cant just clamp the buttons and let it all happen like in certain other games, PES11 is a thinking man's footy game, and whilst not perfect, i think its pretty damn good.

Of course nice new tighter box nets, smoother animations enhanced modes etc are all great and a bonus but rather thana dding sweet wrappers and pumpkin heads, focus should be solely on nailing the core game engine first.

Totally agree. I actually quite like the very poor first touches though of some players, it really defines a mesmerising first-touch and those Bergkamp-esque type moments of sublime genius. It's the most important technique in football, and I will love Konami till the day I die for recognising and implementing such an important feature of the modern game.

Some of the fouls that go unpunished are incredibly lazy programming at best, and horrific at worst. There is no excuse for it. I can appreciate speculative challenges going unpunished, but some are Manson and Gacy crimes. Player Switching and fouls are my only real niggle, of which most can be passed off and ignored/accepted under the immersion of what the rest of the game produces. The stumble doesnt bother me, I appreciate the theory behind it, and it's true to life in relevance.

As for the semi-circle around the ball, I like it, but very, very rarely see it. It was very evident in the demo, but has been drastically reduced. I'd like to see it more, it creates different angles, which is what football is all about.

Totally agree. I actually quite like the very poor first touches though of some players, it really defines a mesmerising first-touch and those Bergkamp-esque type moments of sublime genius. It's the most important technique in football, and I will love Konami till the day I die for recognising and implementing such an important feature of the modern game.

Some of the fouls that go unpunished are incredibly lazy programming at best, and horrific at worst. There is no excuse for it. I can appreciate speculative challenges going unpunished, but some are Manson and Gacy crimes. Player Switching and fouls are my only real niggle, of which most can be passed off and ignored/accepted under the immersion of what the rest of the game produces. The stumble doesnt bother me, I appreciate the theory behind it, and it's true to life in relevance.

As for the semi-circle around the ball, I like it, but very, very rarely see it. It was very evident in the demo, but has been drastically reduced. I'd like to see it more, it creates different angles, which is what football is all about.

Jimmy, I agree, even after hundreds of hours of play time on PES 11 i still gasp and smile at some moves and the way some players take the ball under control and pop off shots and passes.
I think the animations in general just need tweaking and stitching togther a bit more fluidly.
I have to disagree on the stumble animation, i like the theory but the actual implementation fails.
No player in real life stumbles forward for 5 or 10 yards, completely unable to do anything at the merest of brushes from an opposing player.
By all means keep the stumble/jostle principle in, its a big part of real football but again, the animation needs implementing better thats all.

I think the ridiculous fouls (Gacy & Manson - quality!!)are born out of the really bad collision detection algorithm.
Only last night i chest trapped a high ball, shielded it from the defender who swiped, and kicked me and fell over. Not only did i not get a free kick but in fact the FK went to the CPU as the collision code detected that contact had been made and the CPU player fell over, therfore must have been the victim.

I must admit i slated PES11 a fair bit a few months ago, but that was before I "learnt" how to appreciate the fine details of the game and that timing is absolutely everything in this years title. Now the game is much more fluid and ultimately enjoyable.
If they just fix those points mentioned then I'll be happy.

PES is a thinking mans game that requires either plenty of time to understand, or a very good technical knowledge of how football works. Sometimes, both. Only then can you truly become to appreciate it's undoubted genius.

The stumble is harsh, clumsy and messy. The purpose it serves though is to rob you of that instant counter-reaction. If you lose any sort of balance in real football, the higher up the food chain you go, the more that second lost effects any chance of a counter recovery. For me that's the theory that it represents. A 3 second stumble on PES equates to a real-life challenge and loss of balance for me. In real-life at the highest level that split-second is enough to leave you for dead, such is the speed of the modern game. Just my 2 cents.

Drop me a friends request if you fancy some Joga Bonito by the way. ;)

Yeah I'm happy to see some players have poor first touches. I loved this thing last night where I just squeezed the trigger as I moved to beat a player with the left stick and Devaux made a deft little sidestep which drew a foul. I think even more so than FIFA, you must choose when to sprint, when to walk and when to jog or use the close control wisely in PES. It makes all the difference. MLO is hard for this if there's much lag but when there's not. You can do so much...and all without having to use skill moves or speed merchants!

Yeah I'm happy to see some players have poor first touches. I loved this thing last night where I just squeezed the trigger as I moved to beat a player with the left stick and Devaux made a deft little sidestep which drew a foul. I think even more so than FIFA, you must choose when to sprint, when to walk and when to jog or use the close control wisely in PES. It makes all the difference. MLO is hard for this if there's much lag but when there's not. You can do so much...and all without having to use skill moves or speed merchants!

Deffo agree, thats one of the beauties about PES.
The other night I was trailing 2-1 to Chelsea in a match I needed to get something from. 88th Min, i bought in Villalba, a small player with excellent response, body balance and dribbling stats. A fast paced through ball saw Villalba take the ball, and within the same stride, kinda side swerve past the defenders lunge, control the ball wit the outside of his foot and unleash a daisy cutter into the bottom corner for the equaliser.
I must have watched the replay 20 times and it was one of those moments where you just appreciate how much the stats in PES mean,and what gives every player so much individuality.
if id tried that with my tall string russian forward i guarantee he wouldnt have puled off the same verve and control.

PES is a thinking mans game that requires either plenty of time to understand, or a very good technical knowledge of how football works. Sometimes, both. Only then can you truly become to appreciate it's undoubted genius.

The stumble is harsh, clumsy and messy. The purpose it serves though is to rob you of that instant counter-reaction. If you lose any sort of balance in real football, the higher up the food chain you go, the more that second lost effects any chance of a counter recovery. For me that's the theory that it represents. A 3 second stumble on PES equates to a real-life challenge and loss of balance for me. In real-life at the highest level that split-second is enough to leave you for dead, such is the speed of the modern game. Just my 2 cents.

Drop me a friends request if you fancy some Joga Bonito by the way. ;)
Only if KONAMI fixed the dreaded:
:triangle:
button... The defenders just freeze... ( I mean the default through pass button)

On assisted they do, PES 2011 needs to be played on semi-assisted cursor change. It's still not perfect, but it removes a huge percentage of the issue, and at the same time enforces you to learn the defending art of the game.

i think that there should be button for bicycle kick, because players decide themselves rather they want to shoot header, bicycle kick or however, there are moments when i want player to shoot normally, for example after corner defenders repel ball and then you shot and i want player to shoot usual but he shoots bicycle, sometimes i want to shoot bicycle and i move player to best position for bicycle kick but it shoots head. what i want to say is that i just want to decide myself what player will shoot head, bicycle or just usual.

bicycle kicks are hard to perform just like the real thing, i think if there was a button for bicycle kick im sorry but this will look like fifa, pes has always had bicycle kicks and they were always hard to perform which is a good thing, i don't like buttons that perform individual skills rather than players with high skills are more likely to perform them on the right occasion, this is even more exciting, i hope to see the gameplay unchanged but rather small updates here and there, pes is pes at the end of the day and october is nearing for pes 2012 only 6 months to go hopefully everything will be ok with japan and pes

Simple. Unlike any other previous PES game, you need to be patient and time the volley. Pressing shoot whilst the ball is still shoulder height will always trigger the scissor kick. Let the ball drop to knee height and you will have very few problems. Timing is everything. Just how it should be.

when it will be about button you will decide yourself what kind of shoot you want player to make that's all and it will be good for usual shoot, i tried many times after corners to shoot from distance while ball is in the air i want player to shoot usual but it shoots bicycle, i know how to shoot bicycle but i want to decide it by myself this will make pes more realistic. because in real life footballers decide themselves how to shoot you control player it means it's more realistic and i want to add players move like they are dancing i like pes and i want it to be perfect and in pes 2006 - 2008 players moved more realistically then now now graphic is better but not gameplay.

Seriously, the shooting is dependent of the situation and timing. If you want to attempt a bicycle kick, press shoot when the ball is high in the air. Like your doing now. Otherwise, let the ball drop for an arcing leg over the top volley, or let it drop further for a shin height volley. Having a button for bicycle kicks alone is not required at all in my book. It should be exactly how it is. It teaches you to time everything, unlike previous PES game where this type of shot were heavily assisted with no real bearing on split-second timing. So much more realistic now. But that's something some people dont or cant grasp.

it's about controlling shoot, sometimes people get decisions despite the situation, what is so bad in button that allows you to control shooting style, footballers get decision not only depending on situation but also according to their wish, that's why some footballers world class footballers like ronaldinho and many others have scored many beautiful goals and what would be football without so many beautiful goals and what would be football if players made decisions only depending on the situation people make decision we are not robots ok? and this button will not ruin the game.

it's not only about bicycle kick you only read bicycle kick, it is only about to control player to make player do what you want him to do, if konami makes this button then it should be elective, if you want button to work you will enable it if you don't want then you will disable it, don't make it so complicated, i just said what i would like to see in pes 2012 that's it.

Back
Top Bottom