PES 2012: The Wish List

My wish list:

• Allow editing on the front and back of shirts, shorts and socks.
  • More unlicensed leagues like PES and D2 league.
  • Edit electronic adboards in stadium editor.
  • Ball editor.
  • Minimum 70 slots for Emblems.
  • Make the Europa League a standalone mode in the top menu.
  • Add a lot of new national teams, licensed or not. Just add them,and many players will chose PES instead of FIFA if they know their national team is in it.
  • Bring back snow.
  • 3rd kits

So i was thinking about buying an RPG from the PSN store last but realised how few there were so instead stuck on WE9:LE. I started a new Master League and played all the way through half a season in division 2. Now the AI sucks at attacking and all that but i honestly couldn't get away from how the ML was more structured to feel like an RPG. I was actively involved in structuring the team based on how well certain players were playing, praising them for it, and ousting those that didn't perform, lamenting on their poor performances. If PES 2012 can have 1/5th of this sensation in its ML then i'll be pleased. I haven't cared much for ML in a while in these games, especially with the realistic league structures that just don't work at all in a game with 5 leagues. The fun factor is often left to be desired. All the default players absolutely stink in 2011 too for some reason, some of them with the difficult to accept inability to control the friggin ball. I'd rather it be a case of being able to tell that some are better than others as per my WE9LE experience because being actively engaged leads to a much more enjoyable time.

I have to suggest that i feel that they're following FIFA too much with their career mode and that's a bit like following a big grizzly bear off the edge of a cliff.

Home and away chants, yellow or red card after advantage, better nets, STOP kicking the ball on the stadium in the neighborhood when defender wants to kick it from his 16m line, commentary, snow, all the stuff that disappeared from pes 6!

I think the should spend an entire year working only in the animations, because they are in a galaxy far far far away with respect to the other game.

yes there are some funny animations in pes 2011 which i think was completely unnecessary the one thing that gaming companies do and this is the biggest mistake is that they try to modify an already enjoyable game becoming a frustrating game, as far as graphics go the game is good enough and will be for a long time, dribbling, shooting just need that extra work to fit in with the graphics.

I want:

# User instigated replays. By default no incident is replayed. After key action points (goal/shot/foul/offside/save etc) then the game carries on but a little triangle appears in the top right. If you press triangle, it will start the replay then.

# Referee taking ages with his whistle needs to be sorted out.

# Player runs need to be more supportive from the AI, or give us an option to send a player on a run that works.

# Make volleys harder/more skill orientated than they are now - too easy.

# Provide a development studio to support the console community a bit better. The limitations of a controller and screen by screen are jut too much.

I'd love to see a proper replay editor - EA's Skate 3 is a perfect example for what can be done with in-game replays...

You can set up any camera angle and special effects you want from in-game, here's an example of how the the free-cam can be set to move around;

YouTube - Skate 3 - Funny chase + tackle

Even if there were just some realistic preset cameras for replays or adjustable height, it would be much better...

(That video is mine, thought it was quite amusing :D)

Perhaps a bit late but anyway..

Collision system could be improved.
Player awareness, players should respond better to their surroundings too often they run past the ball or just stand next to it watching how the opposition regains possession.
Improve player switching You should be able to switch immediately to which player you want at the moment it takes to long to switch to a certain player.
Off the ball movement should be improved players dont nearly make enough runs when free space is available.

Improve keeper animations.
Goal keepers should be able to stop penalty kicks that go above the ground.
There should be more freedom available when taking a goal kick or when you throw in.

Referees should become more strict too often you can tackle from behind and only get a yellow card. A player one on one with the keeper brought down should always be red.
Improve the advantagde rule players should still receive a card if they tackle someone and the ball is passed to someone else.

A stamina system where players actually get tired towards the end of a match. There should also be a noticable difference between players who generally sprint alot with the ball and those who do not.

Invidual tactics should become available for example being able to adjust the attack or defence level of a certain player or the ability to set players to mark a post with corners.

Sliding tackles should be more difficult to regain possession with. Its too easy at the moment to perform one and have the ball stick like glue to your feet.

Stats should be applied when crossing. There's very little difference when crossing with a good or bad player.

Commentary could use a major overhaul too often they are completely wrong in certain situations. They should also bring up more statitics the results of different teams. More talk about invidual players recent tranfers activites.

Bring snow back.
Bring back the old training mode.
3rd kits
Bring back the ability to combine kits like in Pes 5.

More details like shirts untucked as the match progresses shirts getting dirt on it bandage, tattoos, neck warmers etc
Show substitute players warming up next to the side line.
A coach standing near the line when for example a team is trailing.
Dynamic weather effects for example it suddenly starts to rain or snow during a match or it suddenly stops raining or snowing.
Better stadium atmosphere for example the crowd reacting if you perform a certain trick and pass the defender or when you make nice combinations.

Master League Online being able to create your own team and edit the kits the way you want so others could see it.
Make the competition knockout phase 10 minute matches.
Online Knock out tournament perhaps up to 64 players or something could join with 10 minute matches.
More statistics should be showed on your online profile like most goals scored in a match, unbeaten streak, amount of time or matches held a clean sheet, amount of time unbeaten perhaps a top five with players you scored most goals with gave most assists with amount of yellow/red cards received.
More points/rating should be gained from playing with lesser teams the difference at the moment is not enough.

Tone down....Clearance...
Should be able to save more then 50 goals.
Remove the speed merchant card.

This applies to both games.

You know i was just playing an old ML in WE9LE and it dawned on me how boring i find it playing against the CPU for the most part in these games now, especially when it comes to career mode. I think the dawn of online has just made me find it pretty dull to play against the AI now, especially when comparing it to how much i used to in PES 5. I never bothered with the single player modes at all really in either Fifa 11 or PES 2011 and have hardly bothered in the past couple of years with Fifa 09, 10 or PES 2010 (at least not much more than one season). Really as much as Fifa and Pro try they'll never be able to match how much more fun it feels to play against a real person.

Perhaps a more extensive online league structure would be a great idea then to add something new. Fifa has far as small tournaments in the WC game and Ultimate team but other than that it's simply 1 v 1 exhibition matches. PES has adopted ML Online so they're kind of heading in that direction. PES has always had a great offline custom league mode (community mode), it'd be great to see that online*.

Online does seem like the only area to really advance sometimes.

*I have to point out that PES needs to better it's online situation before any of this is feasible. It's okay for some but for others it seems unplayable atm.

TL/DR: Bored of CPU AI. Understand it's never going to be as good as a human opponent. Career mode+ 1v1 getting stale. More online options such as leagues, multiple tourneys would be nice.

Last edited:
I feel the same way. The CPU at some point doesn't provide a real challenge anymore. Especially after playing online for a while.
More online modes like leagues or knockout tournaments could certainly make it more interesting and would definitely be a nice addition.

Off the top of my head:

Change the replay angles back to how they were - I just can't get a proper view with those stuck to the ground cams, only usable replay cam is the gameplay camera.

Get international Challenge back in, a huge chunk of my PES on PS2 gaming missing right there.

Get a working advantage rule back into the game. At present, it is 95% useless.

So basically, go back to the PS2 era, pick up all the best stuff going on in those games, and integrate them into PES 2012!

I also would quite like to see the return of that feature where you pick about 5 teams or a country and it randomly selects a team for you. It was in PES 6 on the PS2. I fear though that they may deem it to be too arcadey and not bother with such stuff anymore. If you're listening Konami - your arcadey mode ideas > your realistic mode ideas (outside the match game-play of course).

So basically, go back to the PS2 era, pick up all the best stuff going on in those games, and integrate them into PES 2012!

Yuhuh

Make injuries relevant. At present an injury seems to have little or no effect on how a player performs. Shocking at best. Basics.

Agree with most of your post but why this?

Remove the card and you can still dribble past defenders with players Like Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi. It however becomes a little bit more difficult in certain situtations. Simply pass the ball or is there enough space to beat the defenders with pace? Its generally too easy to dribble with speed merchants you can just mindlessly run and create a scoring opportunity.
The dribbling system has actually quite some depth to it using close control performing a certain trick or right timing can all give you a clear advantage in certain situations to remain in possession or to dribble past defenders. It takes some time to learn especially close control to use it to its full potential But why bother if you can just use Arshavin and and walk on water. There's clearly something wrong when most MLO teams consist of 3 players upfront who all have the speed merchant card.

In fact I don't care of all every one posted above, these are details imo.
Need to work on refereeing and goal keepers.
The rest stays acceptable

just want them to realise different camera angles, you couldnt change it on the demo then my brother bought the full game and you couldnt change it there either! ridiculous you cant make it stop swaying. havent played it since

Bring back the ability to combine kits like in Pes 5.
Forget it. Impossible, as they'd have to pay for each combination separately. Let's say this feature is implemented along with the 3rd kits, and let's say that each kit (home, away, third) has its unique shorts and socks. So there's 9 combination for each kit, which gives 27 combinations. They'd have to pay 27 instead of 3 times for teams that have 3 kits, and 18 instead of 2 times for teams that have 2 kits.

Forget it. Impossible, as they'd have to pay for each combination separately. Let's say this feature is implemented along with the 3rd kits, and let's say that each kit (home, away, third) has its unique shorts and socks. So there's 9 combination for each kit, which gives 27 combinations. They'd have to pay 27 instead of 3 times for teams that have 3 kits, and 18 instead of 2 times for teams that have 2 kits.

Essentially yes they would have to pay more but, impossible?

I can't really relate to ML online with all the Barcelona and Real Madrid clubs with very strange players. I would prefer a Create a Club mode with lots of customization and preferably fictional players only. Unlocks could be symbols or letter for creating your emblem, stadium parts, club name parts (like 'FC') and money could be used for stadium, supporter care/merchandise, training ground (better players).

I would also like online tournaments outside of ML that will start whenever there's a full lobby. It could be a Champions League mode. You pick 3 clubs you prefer and other than that its random. Small tournaments too though. Its a lot more fun to play a small knockout tournament, than just one match.

Gameplay wise I agree with most comments. My input would be right stick should be player runs and maybe switching to a different player. I don't really care for feints. If you're controlling Messi he should obviously be able to do all sorts of stuff, but I would prefer it simple and built into the movements you make with the left stick. If you're controlling some random defender you shouldn't be able to do all the crazy stuff anyway.

I don't want cut scenes for every offside or freekick in the match. A short break within the same camera position showing the players placing the ball is more than enough for me. In this short break I wouldn't mind the chat option though and I can even imagine a RB option for how your players should react. Complaining to the ref, pushing to the opponent player who made the faul or even a quick pass instead of normal freekick. Maybe you could even get an advantage from doing so - or a disadvantage.

CHANGE THIS. Every PES the same Problem.
The GK slide only back to the Goal.
This is a Red CARD!!
Konami CHANGE THIS. THIS SUCKZ!!!

Hey PSN users, apparently during the outage some users are reporting fraudulent charges on credit cards that are associated with PSN accounts so look out.

The invisible wall that magically appears when the keeper saves it near the goal line. Why not just drop it?

The slow down of the attacker when the keeper is brought out to collect the ball in a 50/50 chase which the attacker always loses!

The accumulated fatigue. Why are they knackered 3 games into a season? Needs looked at and addressed

The invisible wall that magically appears when the keeper saves it near the goal line. Why not just drop it?

The slow down of the attacker when the keeper is brought out to collect the ball in a 50/50 chase which the attacker always loses!

The accumulated fatigue. Why are they knackered 3 games into a season? Needs looked at and addressed

Bolded part, yeah, I hate that. Especially the way it looks, the keeper actually hits a wall and bounces forward.

I dont ask for much. Just 3rd kits and the J.League put in. If they go for it and put J1 AND J2 into PES 2012, I will make love to every member of Konami. Lol :WORSHIP:

Latest from Twitter...

JonMurphy_PES
In the meantime, I've just got new PES2012 code. Awesome, awesome gameplay. AI fantastic. More soon...

JonMurphy_PES
Believe me the AI is great in all areas. Real progress all over the pitch.

JonMurphy_PES
Seabass will explain more soon. I'll Tweet a few times before then, but can't give too much away!

The game needs to come to life, meaning crowd chants and commentary and camera angles and cutscene should be reworked. Some stadia are really dead, like san siro, it almost feels like u are playing in a postcard image. the new cameras are really awful, broadcast used to be a great one now it stinks.

gameplaywise, we all know what's wrong, but if they want to keep me interested they'll have to work on the atmosphere of the game, otherwise ML is just too dull.

I also wish we could buy "classic champions league finals" from the 80es and 90es, featuring full classic finalists and stadia.

Ah ML: we should get offers from other clubs and we should be able to play world cup and european cup (let's say depending on how popular u are u could receive offers from small/top teams).

Back
Top Bottom