PES 2012: The Wish List

jcvf90

Banned
23 March 2009
It is never too early. The earlier we can get our voice in for the next game, the better.

Just for ease of reading, list your ideas in bullets please.

Gameplay

- Player switching, I am not that technical but something must be done, maybe other contributors can get more specific.

- Player awareness, sometimes the ball goes right next to a player when they should at least attempt to put a foot in the way.

- Ball physics, sometimes it's great, but other times it seems to be floaty. PES 5 had some great ball physics, and well maybe Konami can look back to that for ideas.

- Animations, there has been a noticeable improvement for PES 2011, now keep up the work for 2012.

Master League

- Transfers! I hate the way it works. Make them more football manager style. I send them an offer, (not my scout!) and they decide if they like or want to negotiate, or just don't feel like selling.

- Transfers! Now this one is for realistic transfers! Ive seen Puyol in Real Madrid. There should be certain things, like rivals having a tougher time negotiating. Also big teams should see if a player is older, and even though he is good, not worth buying at times. English players should try to stay in England etc...

- This might be tougher but, try to implement real life contracts. Rooney just signed a 5 year deal with United. So in the game Rooney should have a 5 year contract.

- There should be games during the winter transfer period. There are in real life!

- Our youth team should have mostly players from the country we are commanding our ML team from. So if I pick Lille for my ML, most players (not all) should be from France.

- Let us have Second divisions for every league! I want to see what is going on in the Championship, Serie B, Liga Adelante etc...Let us have lower teams. It is much more fun when you build a team from crap in the second division, to world beaters!

- South American ML! Try to introduce the Argentine, Brazilian, Uruguayan, Colombian, Mexican, Chilean and Paraguayan leagues. That way we can have a South American ML parallel to the European ML. That way, we can either play in S. America, or scout in S. America for talent!

- UCL and Europa league finals alternate stadiums every year!

- Lag free!

- Kill the quitters, or do something!

gameplay

- ball physics in the middlefield. sometimes you press the pass button slightly and the ball goes through half of the field.

- Better off the ball movement; it makes no sense that players stop dead rather than run into space. Shouldn't have no options open to you even though there's 4 or 5 players hovering around the man with the ball.

- More physicality; not to the extent of FIFA, but I think targetmen should be able to hold the ball up easier without needing extravagant dribbling moves. If I pass to a big bulky player with his back to goal, he should be able to keep the ball even with the defender on his back.

- More intelligent defensive system; Self explanatory, there's little skill required at the moment with players able to dive in all over the place without being penalised from over committing.

- NEW SERVERS FOR CHRIST SAKE; Four versions of a really unacceptable online service. It's ridiculous that they haven't yet fixed it yet.

Great points so far.

Better refereeing of fouls and proper implementation of the Advantage Rule.- this would help the game immensely.

Better player collision - right now players just sort of rigidly bounce of each other, which sometimes causes misalignment of animations.

More tactical options - Give us real freedom to do what we want with the tactics.

Gameplay

Greater sense of momentum, especially when sprinting full pelt.
Tie this in with analogue sprinting seeing as the buttons on PS3 pads are pressure sensitive.

Perhaps any direction + :r1: pressed right down for example becomes a proper head down sprint, whereas varying degrees of pressure otherwise become more controlled sprints.

Less of the canned stumble animations as a result, let momentum and posture/stats factor in to how your player retains or loses possession, players can stumble through challenges and still retain possession while bombing up the field, and sometimes they manage to play the ball off or get the shot in before collapsing in a heap.

Tackling could also benefit from this. Light pressure and harrying of the man in possession when X is lightly pressed. Real shoulder to shoulder jostling if it's held down firmly.
Strong pressure costs more stamina and can result in being left flat-footed should the person in possession read your attempt to win the ball.

Hell they could even incorporate the motion sensing in the PS3 pad if they wished, with a little shake towards an attacker equalling a shoulder barge, or a little shake on the behalf of someone in possession is a drop of the shoulder.

----

Increased control of how you receive a high ball to cut down on the moments where you are unable to act. Even if it's a rash layoff or poor control because you are under pressure, at least remove the period of unresponsiveness in these situations that has arisen again.

-

It's mostly about tweaking things and ironing out some bugs now to build on what we have, then perhaps they can continue to flesh out the cosmetic touches, wear and tear on both pitch and players. Interactions on the field and with the fans and the dugout for example.

Last edited:
how about a salry cap for your mlo team, or max value of any player on your team can only b 3, 4, 5 million and have lobbys tnat only allow these caps.

some of the complaints about gameplay and online can be fixed with a patch
we should insist with Murphy for a patch, we could have fixed player switching or online in few weeks instead of months

simple postings including stuff like: - player switching
wont help

konami cant be that dumb to not see issues like that, theyre incapable in fixing this or they dont know how exactly the players want a certain feature to be

u need to make suggestions how u want it to be and how not
and why it shud be like this
sounds odd, it is..

GAMEPLAY:

- Keepers punch/spill the ball too often. They don't need to be superhuman, but there's room for improvement.
- Animations: still not on a par with other 'next-gen' sports games.
- Physicality: player contact needs to be more believable and organic, and as above better/more diversely animated
- Sometimes the ball slows down unnaturally, needs fixing.
- Implement a jostling system for headers, which at the moment consists of two players standing rooted to the spot and the outcome is often a lottery.
- As above, 'Super-cancel' is not a sufficient 'fix-all' solution for off-the-ball situations where I want control of movement of my player.
- Player switching is far too random and ineffective, nowhere near as good as in previous PES games.
- Referees still need improving. Strictness was perfect in the PES2011 demo but was, for some reason, toned down in the full release. Also, work in a proper advantage rule.

EDITING:

- More kit templates.
- Allow editing on the front and back of shirts, shorts and socks.
- More import features such as custom shirt numbers/fonts.
- Chant editor so that raw files can be imported and adjusted in the editor.

STADIUM EDITOR:

- Very limited in it's current form. Massively needs expanding on in all areas as it has the potential to be a fantastic feature.
- Needs more stand types and the option to adjust the size of the stand, number of tiers, seat colour for each stand, etc.
- Stands are too far away from the pitch. Needs and option to adjust this.
- Does not allow the creation of oval stadia with running track or big 'bowl' type stadia like the Allianz Arena or the Emirates.
- Option to import lettering or patterns onto the seats, such as team names and sponsors.

MISC:

-*** Custom League/Cup mode back please!!***
- Bring back snow.
- Less friction on the pitch for rainy matches.
- Editable camera angles please.
- Variable stadium attendance setting as in PES3-5. Not every match is played in front of a capacity crowd.
- Bring back the training mini games!!!

Referee mistakes, bias towards big teams and home teams (i know this is very delicate).
More teams and leagues and no steps back (where is Standard de Liège and where are all the Swedish teams that were in PES 2010?).
That you can use Coppa America teams in other modes (but that is a licensing issue).

ML:

That you can edit leagues in the ML and not only in the edit fonction.
National team players available for transfers.
Logical transfers (should be possible, there is a hierarchy between the different leagues and teams...this is a good first step).
Logical form curves for both players and teams: a player who has scored an hattrick should have good form for a couple of weeks. Somebody who misses much (like Villa at the moment) should have lower moral-form. Teams who have won a couple of matches should have better moral, teams how have lost consecutive matches should have lower moral.
The possibility to change clubs and to be fired.
The possibility to use the bonus players but not the classical ones.
Logical team selections (no FW in CPU team's goal).
The possibility to implement scenario's in the set-up of your ML (for example beginning with a team midway the competition that is in the relegation zone and has lots of injuries).

MLO:
The possibility to set up a MLO (only) with friends.

Modes:
Bring back the mode where you have to qualify for the WC. That was fun.
A new mode (MLO???) for created teams with created players (maximum amount of stat points per squad).

More DLC (optional leagues or teams, this doesn't have to be for free).

A game every two years instead of every year. You could download the new sqauds or teams and could pay for it (although less than for a full game). That way it would be possible to make giant leaps forward...but that is utopian...

More teams and leagues and no steps back (where is Standard de Liège and where are all the Swedish teams that were in PES 2010?)

Yes, many teams are missing such as Hearts, Brondy, Standard Liege, Lokomotiv Moscow, Metalist Kharkiv, and a couple more stadia disappeared (Anfield and the Stade de France).

LETS PUT A STOP TO THE KONAMI TRIANGLE! Stop removing features, teams and stadia each year.

BUILD ON YOUR GAME!!

Really simple one:

Let me pass to who i want to pass to from a goal kick. I like to build from the back but generally can't from a goal kick online since every opponent knows who you must pass to and marks up accordingly:RANT:

Really simple one:

Let me pass to who i want to pass to from a goal kick. I like to build from the back but generally can't from a goal kick online since every opponent knows who you must pass to and marks up accordingly:RANT:

That's a big one. I'll allow the camping of my last CB, but at least let me pass to the other one so I don't get fucked by the time I've trapped the ball. Another small change that I'd like to happen is being able to pass directly to a teammate from a free kick if it's more than 40 yards out. Some people don't need to hoof the ball forward everytime a stoppage is called.

Special nets for each stadium.
More stand features in Stadium Editor.
More fluid animations.
Bring back O + X and [] + X from older PES games.
Make rainbow flick easy to execute only for players with high technique.
New commentary.

there is more of course...

I did open a thread about this suggestion ( a thread moderators should lock.Here is my wish
I have an idea regarding, I don't pretend that I'm the first ever to come up with it.I've always found transferring (whether you upload or download it) option files frustrating in the way they change everything.For instance, I have edited certain teams with their corresponding tactics and everything and I'm looking for an option which contains all the teams names corrected.
If I download an option file and load in my game then every tactic I have set and modified will be gone because everything will be at default.
Basically what I'm saying is that there should be many different directories in an option file.For instance you'd have the following elements:
1) players names
2)teams names
3)tournament and league names
4) tactics
5) players hair
6) players shoes
There are obviously many things that we could have classified like that in an option file, therefore when loading a new option file we'd download from the internet or a friend of ours gives it to us, the game would give us which specific criterion of the game we wanna change and all instead of all the general changes.
What do you think of this idea and do you think it should be proposed to Konami for future PES titles seeing as they really acknowledge the presence of the editing community.
edit: sorry for the bad english

Gameplay

- Better ball physics.
The possibility to shoot top spin shots must finally be added, because if you kick "up" on the ball with a sweeping motion, you will get top spin in real life, but in PES it is always backspin. This actually goes for every action (pass and cross too), if they fix this the ball will behave much more realistic. Also, free up the ball like in the old PES games, because currently it moves around and change speed to fit the animations.

- Dynamic stumble animation.
Currently there is a long and rather stupid stumble animation. If a player in real life starts to stumble, he will try to get back in control and go for the ball. Not stumble to a full stop and stare out in space for two seconds.

- More tackle animations.
Feels like every tackle looks exactly the same. Also the falling over animations should also be more context sensitive. FIFA actually does this very well I think.

- Collision detection.
When you slide tackle it seems like the detection for collision is based on a big box around the player, because you can miss the player by a lot and he still falls over. Also sometimes the ball bounce in one direction and changes direction after a foot or two.

- Shielding the ball. The player with the ball must be more active to protect the ball by using his arms like in real football (I think FIFA implemented this in FIFA 11 with 360 jostling).

- Variations in passing.
Currently all through balls looks the same. They always have the same type of swerve to them. Need more variation and also more passing animations I think, because sometimes it looks like the motion is for a long forward pass, but he pass a short 90 degree pass.

- More variation in running animation.
Currently you have two speeds only, jogging or full speed running. There has to be more layers between these to make it look/play more realistic. Also, if your player is tired, it plays the full speed animations but he is running slower, making it look like he is running on ice. I would love to see some sort of manual sprint, or like they've done in FIFA with tilting the stick goes from standing still gradually to full jogging, and then the more you press sprint modifier the faster you run. At least the first part would make it much more realistic.

- More life to corner kicks and other situations with people in the box.
It feels a bit lifeless at the moment. In real life there is a lot of close man on man marking, with the attacking players trying to move around with a lot of pushing and shoving going on.

- CPU need to adjust its action by the pitch edges.
For example, if the ball is going out for a corner, the guy shouldn't run straight in to the ball knocking it out to a goal kick so that he lose the corner kick. This happens all the time with throw ins too. IF you still want them to attack the ball, then at least make them do a cross for example without trying to control the ball first.

- CPU must hit high long through balls from time to time.
You notice this on in BAL a lot. The CPU never hits long through balls for the attacker to run on. The only thing they do is hit long crosses in to the box if on all attack, but never pick out runs. If they pick out a run they always hit it low.

- Manual shooting.
Option to hold down the manual trigger on shots to gain more control over where the player tries to place the shot. For me it makes no sense in aiming at the corner flag (away from goal) to place it in first corner of the goal. It should still be there, but the option to use manual AIM (not manual result of where the ball ends up) should be in the game.

Special nets for each stadium.
More stand features in Stadium Editor.
More fluid animations.
Bring back O + X and [] + X from older PES games.
Make rainbow flick easy to execute only for players with high technique.
New commentary.

there is more of course...

My wish is for them to be completely removed, wheres Jimmy Saville when you need him?

Once again I fully agree with Gab :P.

Most (if not all) of the issues I have with PES 2011 have already been mentioned in this thread, some very good posts :TU:.

On PES 2012 I would like to see Online Legends mode expanded to become like FIFA's Clubs mode, with at least 5v5, and the addition of (even if unlicensed) lower leagues.

- 3rd kits
- Beeing possible to change only one part of uniform before the match (ex. only socks or only shirt, making the mix you wish)
- snow weather back
- more slots to edit everything (they always limit)
- more official stadiums or, at least, to do generic stadiums looking similtar to some famous stadiums without using official names.

If Gab's list was to be Konami's checklist for gameplay improvements, I'd be a happy man.

Gameplay
- Dynamic stumble animation.
Currently there is a long and rather stupid stumble animation. If a player in real life starts to stumble, he will try to get back in control and go for the ball. Not stumble to a full stop and stare out in space for two seconds.

Just today I mentioned this in the FIFA side of the forums. I love that PES has this animation, I love what they're trying to accomplish and for the most part I think it has the desired effect, but it really annoys me the way it is implemented now and I totally agree with Gab on this.

- More variation in running animation.
Currently you have two speeds only, jogging or full speed running. There has to be more layers between these to make it look/play more realistic. Also, if your player is tired, it plays the full speed animations but he is running slower, making it look like he is running on ice. I would love to see some sort of manual sprint, or like they've done in FIFA with tilting the stick goes from standing still gradually to full jogging, and then the more you press sprint modifier the faster you run. At least the first part would make it much more realistic.

The best thing about FIFA 11 might just be the addition of analog sprint. Would love to see Konami implement something similar.

If Gab's list was to be Konami's checklist for gameplay improvements, I'd be a happy man.

Just today I mentioned this in the FIFA side of the forums. I love that PES has this animation, I love what they're trying to accomplish and for the most part I think it has the desired effect, but it really annoys me the way it is implemented now and I totally agree with Gab on this.

The best thing about FIFA 11 might just be the addition of analog sprint. Would love to see Konami implement something similar.

FIFA 11 PC aka FIFA 10.5 has analog sprint...

re: pes 2011 discussion thread

My improvements

Revamp the engine, time to really revolutionize next-gen gameplay, cause if you don't ea will.

Bring the game into real time, no more fade to black with players lined up, cut scenes etc... when the theres a corner the kicker has to run to corner flag to take the kick while players get into position that means your CB having to run halfway up the pitch so be it.

A cheat for konami to introduce would be multi-ball system. Also when you change kicker/thrower have it like we see it in real football.

Also to go with the game playing in real time better movement of players, during the run of play and at set pieces.

Full analogue control, use the left stick to sprint/run with a shoulder button for jog and the right stick to control the ball meaning tapping it in different directions allows player to dribble with the ball. Tapping it while the ball is in the air allows player to control the ball various ways depending on body positioning.

Make the ball a seperate entity.

Last edited:
I wished that when you played online all teams are equally good. I am sick of always playing against barcelona, barcelona, barcelona. Im sick of losing just because I pick my favourite team and not barcelona. I don't get how any online game mode can have this unbalance. Online especially ranked games should allways be balanced in all aspects. Maybe then we can have a match between Spain & United Arab Emirates and the winner is actually the player who played the best and not the one who picked the best team and gets much faster, stronger etc. players. Why??? I get it when you play offline but online ranked match? Come on.

Also there should be an option to not have the radar at all, not just transculent.

And why not add leagues that Fifa doesn't have license for? Greek, Ukrainian, Russian, Israeli, Romanian, Cypriot etc

Ah good seeing the webg rumour about the game having less cut scenes and continious play puts the game in the realm of real time.

still alot more for konami to implement and approve upon.

Another idea: PES2012 needs a crowd banner edit/import feature. Banners which read 'Who ate all the pies' and 'go for glory' are just a bit embarrassing these days.

Back
Top Bottom