PES 2012 Football Life thread

does anyone know what affects who the best eleven will be after a season in ML? This has been bugging me for years now and its so weird that I just don't get it.
There was one guy in the best eleven in my first season that played less than 20 matches and his rating wasn't even high lol.

Can't seem to defend. Always get one goal up, CPU equalizes in the next few minutes. Doesn't matter what I do, which tactics I choose. If they get a free kick they score. Or they'll cross a ball and my defender wont jump, bang, header, goes in. Maybe a screamer from outside. The CPU will score in every freaking possible way.

This is in ML, playing with default ML players. The fact that all my players suck doesn't help, but anyway, i'm about to break my controller in frustration. The AI isnt good, the AI is cheap.

Can't seem to defend. Always get one goal up, CPU equalizes in the next few minutes. Doesn't matter what I do, which tactics I choose. If they get a free kick they score. Or they'll cross a ball and my defender wont jump, bang, header, goes in. Maybe a screamer from outside. The CPU will score in every freaking possible way.

This is in ML, playing with default ML players. The fact that all my players suck doesn't help, but anyway, i'm about to break my controller in frustration. The AI isnt good, the AI is cheap.

I have the same problem, currently in my 2nd season, still 2D, I had a 7 wins streak last season then starting losing (8-2 was the worse one), was playing in proffesional and couldnt win a single header and cannot exploit gaps in opponent defence because of passing being randomn at time, I reduced the difficulty one level down to see if there is a big difference, will post again after I played a few more matches

how do you increase stats for players? Maybe i did not select develop players when i started my ML...

It grows very very slow this year, my biggest question is how do you grow stats in Club Boss mode.. no nevermind how do you prevent your players from losing like 3-4 overall stat in half a season lol..

Does anyone else feel joy sometimes when a particularly whingy player for you gets injured in ML? Gallas moans every single time he's left out and also complains of fatigue following every match he does play. Earlier, he got injured for 3 months and the silence is golden. Definitely selling him at the next window, along with his fat bottom lip, folded arms and stampy feet.

Van der Vaart (quite realistically) whinges a lot too and in a recent game I purposely got him red-carded so he would shut up for 2-3 weeks. Have that ya bastard.

Haha, not sure you're made for this management stuff. Can't say I feel that much hate towards my players, though sometimes I do quietly think and wish to say the following:

Player: "Boss, why didn't you pick me last game?"
Me: "Errr....because you're shit."

Haha, not sure you're made for this management stuff. Can't say I feel that much hate towards my players, though sometimes I do quietly think and wish to say the following:

Player: "Boss, why didn't you pick me last game?"
Me: "Errr....because you're shit."

I really wish that answer was in game as I would use it a lot.
so I have been playing ML in normal difficulty after coming from professional, I can finally win some headers... I lost the first game 2-0 won the 2nd 3-0 then lost the rest. the last 2 were 4-1 and 4-0. So yeah either I am really shit at this game or difficulty is so messed up that it is impossible to win with a shit team... I am going to try on top player as in 2011 top player was more realistic than professional and CPU wasnt cheating as bad as professional and if it doesnt work I wont be bothered much more with this game as I dont have human opponent to play it.

I really wish that answer was in game as I would use it a lot.
so I have been playing ML in normal difficulty after coming from professional, I can finally win some headers... I lost the first game 2-0 won the 2nd 3-0 then lost the rest. the last 2 were 4-1 and 4-0. So yeah either I am really shit at this game or difficulty is so messed up that it is impossible to win with a shit team... I am going to try on top player as in 2011 top player was more realistic than professional and CPU wasnt cheating as bad as professional and if it doesnt work I wont be bothered much more with this game as I dont have human opponent to play it.

It is :P

"You're just not good enough"

Shimizu wanted the number 10 shirt thinking he highly deserves it and I brushed him off. He didn't like it obviously :)

I think this communication seems highly random in a way. I mean, obvious first team players coming up to me and saying they were surprised to play the full 90 minutes, obvious bench warmers coming up and saying they think they're just as good as the others, and Gerrard actually complained and wanted to have shirt number 10. Not to mention, if a player gets ONE SINGLE GAME OFF because of a bad form, he then comes up to me after the match and complaints that he doesn't seem to get many chances (yeah, you've only played the full 90 minutes for around 99% of the matches, mate).

It seems like it's all fluff and no actual depth or meaning to it. To be honest, I think last year's ML was a bit better, because this is year it's just too much of pointless videos and meaningless comments from players. And the analyzis are all the same, depending on the strategy and one of the key attackers. Maybe once in a while he'll mention that one of the backs are in a bad form. The chairman's mission I can accept, but every time there's a derby coming up, he wants me to stay off getting any yellow or red cards. Well, duh!

It's so pointless and only time consuming. I wish there was a way to turn off most of these videos and make it like last years.

Last edited:
It sounds like there is no squad logic again if you catch my drift.

What's the deal with players wanting the No.10 shirt? Isn't Gerrard No.8 at Liverpool?

What's the deal with players wanting the No.10 shirt ?

It's the most sought after and respected shirt number in football. It is usually offered to the star player or the most creative and influential player in the team. It's an honour to be given the Number 10 shirt. I always made sure I wore that shirt. Alot of players are also highly superstitious with regards what number they wear. Think of Maradona, Pele and Platini. Number 10's of the highest level.

Olly, I laughed so hard I pissed myself a little.

Agree, Jimmy. Top words.

Aaron Lennon has been bleating on about wanting it as soon as he'd been featured in one of the UEFA end-of-season awards. It's eight game months later and still he pines for the "10".

He doesn't listen upon me saying there's more worthy players. I'm prepared to point my phone at the screen later and show him videos of some right-sided midfielders who can pass.

I don't mind the inclusion of such behaviour as this. I make stuff up on sight of daft player remarks, to appeal to my inner child. Would love to edit the discussions text though so I can turn the "Gallas whinging saga" into a protracted canteen menu debate.

I understand the meaning of certain numbers, in real life though these players have their chosen numbers and some have had them for some time. It doesn't make sense to suddenly want to change.

In MLO (2011), when you signed certain players, their squad number would default to their favourite. E.g. Gervinho automatically defaults to No. 27 if available.

Van der Vaart (quite realistically) whinges a lot too and in a recent game I purposely got him red-carded so he would shut up for 2-3 weeks. Have that ya bastard.

*chortle*

I understand the meaning of certain numbers, in real life though these players have their chosen numbers and some have had them for some time. It doesn't make sense to suddenly want to change.

Yeah, that Gerrard example is particularly silly. Brief aside, but anyone else here a real squad number fascist? I'm not well, to the point where it grates having to play my no.11 on the right :SHOCK:

Yeah, that Gerrard example is particularly silly. Brief aside, but anyone else here a real squad number fascist? I'm not well, to the point where it grates having to play my no.11 on the right :SHOCK:
I am a fair bit yeah. Defensive midfielders must be 4 or 6. Reserve GK has to be 13. Left midfielder, IF a creative player, has to be 14 - Ginola-inspired. Feels weird otherwise.

I'm still stuck with the Championship Manager number system.

Gk is 1
LB is 3
DC's are 4 & 5
RB is 2

ML is 11
MC's are 6 & 8
RM is 7

SS is 10

ST is 9

Reserve GK is 13

played through a season and at the end it said after extensive training Rooney has received the flicking card (the card for rainbow flick) this was at the end of the first season just after he scored a hattrick in the CL final (prof level after replaying it 3 times) did anyone else have players that got skill cards, is this automatic or is their some option im missing.

Also if u leave the training on condition the players still get better and worse. I am on season 3 chicarito went from 82 ( I edited his stats before starting)to 90

been playing on top player for the whole day and I can see the improvment from prof, my players are able to pass and mount attacks but I am unable to get chances as AI keep is defence tight and organise, it is impossible to drag them off, I really dont know what to think of ML this year, last year it was too easy, now it is near impossible with the default team.
Like I said I dont hace access to opponent so ML is the main mode I would play and so far I am not enjoying it. I will wait for the update next week then will see but I am not holding my breath

I have the same problem, currently in my 2nd season, still 2D, I had a 7 wins streak last season then starting losing (8-2 was the worse one), was playing in proffesional and couldnt win a single header and cannot exploit gaps in opponent defence because of passing being randomn at time, I reduced the difficulty one level down to see if there is a big difference, will post again after I played a few more matches

Nearly got fired by the end of first season but I survived after a couple wins. Second season looks more promising, with two wins from two away games to start the D2. I'm Betis, playing on top player btw.

I have some problems being when CPU is on the counter and at set-pieces/crosses. Other than that, it's feeling alright now. I need taller defenders with better awareness. Baumann and Jaric arent doing the trick.

Just to recap on my first ML season, I use Spurs on the final day of the season. I am playing on Professional, as I find it more challenging realistically than on Top Player. No assistance on anything, game speed -2.
6nrrls.png

There's a few players at Spurs who I really can't abide. I'm not going to be playing the real arseholes, whilst other idiots I'll only use when I've got everyone else injured, suspended or jaded. Straight-away I put Adebayor on the transfer list, he ended up signing for AC Milan for £18m. Good riddance. Steven Pienaar went back to Everton in January for £9m - I was elated that I managed that, I see it happening in real life too. He was a totally unnecessary signing and runs round in circles like one leg is shorter than the other.

o7120n.jpg

As much as I have respect for the following 3, I keep them on the bench - Bale, Modric and Van der Vaart. They annoy me in real life, therefore I treat their virtual counterparts like I would if I replaced Harry Jumbo Jowls tomorrow. I don't dislike Brad Friedel, however we had two decent GK's before this summer who never really resolved their battle for the No.1 shirt, so I sold Brad to Man Utd for £12m.

21eakig.png

I made one signing, on "deadline day" too. Everyone's favourite first season tryout - Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior. He looks like a teapot on fire so I thought he'd at least scare opposition back lines into surrender. He's skillful and nippy, however his finishing leaves much to be desired. Together with Pav, Defoe & Dos Santos, this was to be my strike force for the season.

Typical starting XI:
Gomes;
Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto;
Sandro;
Shimizu, Kranjcar, Dos Santos;
Neymar, Pavlychenko.

Subs:
Cudicini; Gallas, Corluka; Modric, Parker, Van der Vaart; Defoe.

Really struggled for the first few league matches, was up against Man Utd away, Chelsea at home and then Arsenal away. At my lowest point I was down in 12th at Christmas. However, I managed 7 wins on the trot in the New Year which got me up to 8th and I stayed there until the last game of the season, an away tie at Swansea City, already relegated a few weeks prior. Everton were currently holding the final Europa League spot, 7th. I was 3 points behind them and they had a four goal advantage. Whilst I had to go to Swansea, they were at home to Arsenal. At half-time, I was 1-0 up against the Swans, whilst Everton were 1-0 at home against the Goons. Nightmare. However, following a quick-fire double from Pav I remained hopeful and then I got the fourth with Gio Dos Santos heading in from all of five feet out and four feet off the ground, on his tiptoes!

6qwioj.jpg

After the end-of-season lap of honour, I checked out the other scores in the league. Arsenal had beaten Everton 2-1! I made the EL after all. Which is a bloody relief as earlier that season I got knocked out in the second round by chuffing Lazio. My FA Cup venture ended at the quarter-finals, a 3-2 loss to Manchester United. Top scorer was Pavlyuchenko with 18 in the Prem, Neymar on 12. League top scorer was Drogba with 31.

nqu0qe.jpg

I failed many chairman "challenges". He repeatedly asked me to play Bale & Modric, which I didn't feel like doing unless desperate. Also the "no dirty play" requests came for both league games with Chelsea and Arsenal and there wasn't a cat in hell's chance I was sticking to that. He seemed pleased though at qualifying for the EL, even though he'd wanted CL.

I had one long-term injury which was a three month lay-off for Pienaar before he went in January. No skin off my nose. There was around 5 or 6 shorter injuries, which was enough to keep my pedantic side happy. Aaron Lennon put in a transfer request not long after I rejected his craving for the number 10 shirt. I refused just to piss him off, I have to be honest. He was already hurting from playing less games than Shimizu. He can come back to me when his eyebrows look normal. He's still going on about that shirt.

2005x83.jpg

I'm also pretty pleased with the transfers amongst non-controlled sides. Not really over the top, I switched to Medium from Low just before the January window. Most teams just making one signing, the most high-profile by far being Xavi to Chelsea. Following season 1, Chelsea also bought Chicarito, Man City bagged Lavezzi and Aston Villa managed to snap up Alessandro Del Piero! :P

4kz6n8.jpg

Last edited:
Just to recap on my first ML season, I use Spurs on the final day of the season. I am playing on Professional, as I find it more challenging realistically than on Top Player. No assistance on anything, game speed -2.
6nrrls.png

There's a few players at Spurs who I really can't abide. I'm not going to be playing the real arseholes, whilst other idiots I'll only use when I've got everyone else injured, suspended or jaded. Straight-away I put Adebayor on the transfer list, he ended up signing for AC Milan for £18m. Good riddance. Steven Pienaar went back to Everton in January for £9m - I was elated that I managed that, I see it happening in real life too. He was a totally unnecessary signing and runs round in circles like one leg is shorter than the other.

o7120n.jpg

As much as I have respect for the following 3, I keep them on the bench - Bale, Modric and Van der Vaart. They annoy me in real life, therefore I treat their virtual counterparts like I would if I replaced Harry Jumbo Jowls tomorrow. I don't dislike Brad Friedel, however we had two decent GK's before this summer who never really resolved their battle for the No.1 shirt, so I sold Brad to Man Utd for £12m.

21eakig.png

I made one signing, on "deadline day" too. Everyone's favourite first season tryout - Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior. He looks like a teapot on fire so I thought he'd at least scare opposition back lines into surrender. He's skillful and nippy, however his finishing leaves much to be desired. Together with Pav, Defoe & Dos Santos, this was to be my strike force for the season.

Typical starting XI:
Gomes;
Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto;
Sandro;
Shimizu, Kranjcar, Dos Santos;
Neymar, Pavlychenko.

Subs:
Cudicini; Gallas, Corluka; Modric, Parker, Van der Vaart; Defoe.

Really struggled for the first few league matches, was up against Man Utd away, Chelsea at home and then Arsenal away. At my lowest point I was down in 12th at Christmas. However, I managed 7 wins on the trot in the New Year which got me up to 8th and I stayed there until the last game of the season, an away tie at Swansea City, already relegated a few weeks prior. Everton were currently holding the final Europa League spot, 7th. I was 3 points behind them and they had a four goal advantage. Whilst I had to go to Swansea, they were at home to Arsenal. At half-time, I was 1-0 up against the Swans, whilst Everton were 1-0 at home against the Goons. Nightmare. However, following a quick-fire double from Pav I remained hopeful and then I got the fourth with Gio Dos Santos heading in from all of five feet out and four feet off the ground, on his tiptoes!

6qwioj.jpg

After the end-of-season lap of honour, I checked out the other scores in the league. Arsenal had beaten Everton 2-1! I made the EL after all. Which is a bloody relief as earlier that season I got knocked out in the second round by chuffing Lazio. My FA Cup venture ended at the quarter-finals, a 3-2 loss to Manchester United. Top scorer was Pavlyuchenko with 18 in the Prem, Neymar on 12. League top scorer was Drogba with 31.

nqu0qe.jpg

I failed many chairman "challenges". He repeatedly asked me to play Bale & Modric, which I didn't feel like doing unless desperate. Also the "no dirty play" requests came for both league games with Chelsea and Arsenal and there wasn't a cat in hell's chance I was sticking to that. He seemed pleased though at qualifying for the EL, even though he'd wanted CL.

I had one long-term injury which was a three month lay-off for Pienaar before he went in January. No skin off my nose. There was around 5 or 6 shorter injuries, which was enough to keep my pedantic side happy. Aaron Lennon put in a transfer request not long after I rejected his craving for the number 10 shirt. I refused just to piss him off, I have to be honest. He was already hurting from playing less games than Shimizu. He can come back to me when his eyebrows look normal. He's still going on about that shirt.

2005x83.jpg

I'm also pretty pleased with the transfers amongst non-controlled sides. Not really over the top, I switched to Medium from Low just before the January window. Most teams just making one signing, the most high-profile by far being Xavi to Chelsea. Following season 1, Chelsea also bought Chicarito, Man City bagged Lavezzi and Aston Villa managed to snap up Alessandro Del Piero! :P

4kz6n8.jpg

nice sum up for your season, I sold shimizu after one season as I received a 1M++ offer from athletico Madrid, started the 2nd season as bad as the end of first one and finished 18th(aka last) in D2 but was able to land a barca youth(jonhatan) on a free in january, didnt make much difference...
just started 3rd season in D2 and lost 1st game 5-1 away and got a reduce squad but better quality, hopefully I should improve.
I cannot wait for the patch next week as keepers are awefull with long balls

Okay, I decided to accept giving Gerrard the number 10 shirt after starting a new season. You know what he said "Well, it may not be the ideal solution" etc etc, and "Seems unhappy about the shirt number" or something like that (can't remember the exact phrase). Yes, I gave him the number he wanted, but he was still unhappy about his shirt number.

Overall, I have come to conclusion that this year's Master League is:

1) dumbed down in favor of skin-deep new "features" like the videos that only gives you something to watch, which means more stuff to skip through. And communication with your players, which doesn't actually do anything at all but to provide a superficial impression of being in contact with the team.

2) dumbed down, because now you can't evne train players individual, neither can you allocate funds to specialize your players with new skill cards.

3) the missions are nice to have in the background, and as your coash said, not all his requests makes sense. I've only ran into two requests so far though (not counting the goal for the season), and that is giving a certain player 30 minutes or more in the next match, or not getting any cards in the next match. The problem with the chairman element is that I haven't yet found a place where I can see how much the chairman supports me, so these bonuses and penalties have meant nothing to me yet.

All in all, I think this year's Master League is more shallow than last years in stuff that actually means something. I'm all for great presentation and more immersiveness in the Master Leage mode, but dumbing it down is not the way to do it. Training seems insanely shallow now, as opposed to PES 2011.

The chairman-to-manager "love" graph is situated within the Information section of the ML menus. I've forgotten the exact name of the item in there to select, but it shows a graph that you can switch between displaying the chairman's belief in you and the fan club size.

4kz6n8.jpg
[/spoiler]

Xavi to Chelsea? lol kill me now.

After suffering with far too much cheating in Season 2 of ML, I've found that moving up to Top Player and activating solely the "remove cheat script" tickable option in Jenkey's gameplay tool does the trick. Before seeing that I was seeing Andy Carroll score 9 unstoppable goals against me in a two-legged Europa League tie. I nearly launched my Newcastle Brown Ale at the screen. Defending was much easier for the AI to do and the referee shockingly biased in favour of them. Not so now I've moved up a difficulty.

That's Konamisense© :)

After suffering with far too much cheating in Season 2 of ML, I've found that moving up to Top Player and activating solely the "remove cheat script" tickable option in Jenkey's gameplay tool does the trick. Before seeing that I was seeing Andy Carroll score 9 unstoppable goals against me in a two-legged Europa League tie. I nearly launched my Newcastle Brown Ale at the screen. Defending was much easier for the AI to do and the referee shockingly biased in favour of them. Not so now I've moved up a difficulty.

That's Konamisense© :)

I will have to get that script then, the cheating is ruining the my experience of the game.

It's not perfect, I still experience the odd "god mode" moments from the AI. But for example, the same FA Cup semi-final I played against Chelsea 3 times without the hack. I lost to cheap play every time, their players warping through my defence, their defenders were titans. With hack, I lose 2-3 in extra-time after an absorbing match and experience a fairly level numbers of fouls and shots-per-goal. For me, that's mint gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom