PES 2011 Konami community day - 22nd July - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you score with lobs,dipping volleys and curling shots like in the old ps2 games and does the ball move properly in the air to accomodate these type of shots

also can you remove players from your wall(under the default number) when defending a free kick and have quick free kicks been improved

and have they changed the angle of penalty kick to behind the player

thanks

Last edited:
Some questions from me :
1. Can you freely change the number of players in the defensive wall during free kick(from 0 to 10,like in PES09)?
2. Do the attackers still sometimes slow down when you pass throgh ball to them? (they didn't go for the ball at full speed in PES2010,unless you used super cancel).
3. Is it hard to score from free kick and corner kick?
4.Are the players fighting for the ball in the pitch during a corner kick?
5. Is the lob form older version back? (2 x square)
6. Are the referees improved ? In PES2010 they sucked hard,they were worst refs in the entire PES history.

the cpu is still robbing the human player?? because player vs player is one thing, the cpu vs human players saw lions, and make the human player can not play player vs. player or player vs cpu, cpu defenders score more, push more and do not miss, run more attackers which does not happen when a human plays against the CPU ...

Just one question ONLINE ?
Online modes ?
How many players can play vs online ( 2vs2 or 5vs5 )?

10 of mine.

1) Is there a gentle jog button?, with and without the ball
2) Is there a proper 'shift the ball out of feet' animation? say when you have a bit of time to cross the ball and want to move the ball to either one foot or the other.
3) Do players ever slip when striking the ball due to bad timing? (not when lunging for the ball)
4) When the ball is in the air do you still have to hold R2 to position yourself for a header, volley or trap?
5) Can we do a proper raking cross field ball at pace? like Scholes might, or Rooney tries it quite often.
6) Depending on how aggresive you are during tackling throughout the game, can you be yellow carded for dissent or kicking the ball away?
7) Is there blood?
8) Do players go down injured but play continues until the ref stops play or the opposition puts the ball out
9) Can you see the crowd become smaller towards the 85 minute mark? Especially if there are no goals or one teams is getting battered. Champion say this "They just can't stand the humiliation" but the stadium is still packed at the end of the game. I'd like to see a corner of away fans jumping about well after the home fans have left the ground.
10) Is there a kick feint, like Di Canio used to always do when he was going to cross, where he'd do the proper motion for crossing but just tap the ball in the opposite direction.

Small but smart suggestion, I think programmers must add the cuffs matched the shirt as many players who use them often change their color depending on the team they play (for ex.national team)

Then I suggest to add long sleeves under short sleeves...(like Rooney) In Africa too many players used it.

Sorry for my English

Also...

Shot fake/cross fake (:square:+:x: / :circle:+:x:) - is this back?

It never went anywhere MJ, it was just tweaked. I use both to great effect, especially the cross fake. The shoot fake works the same as the last one as long as you hold diagonal to the way you want to fake. It just doesnt do it automatically like it did before. You have earn it this time.

Last edited:
The shot/cross fake in PES 2010 felt like the old shot 'cancel' though - the one where you super-cancelled a shot and your player just stops what he is doing.

The shot/cross fake of old was more of a dummy and I felt it added a bit more variety and was more effective at selling the opposition. I'm not a massive trick fan so I do like to use fakes and dummies to trick my way through.

Are the throw-ins still unfair?

When i win a throw on PES2010, after the ball goes out of play and the screen changes to my thrower, my players are already marked by the CPU, but when it's the other way round, i have to manually run up to man to mark him, by then the CPU has already taken his throw and it reaches it's intended target before i get there.

Cheers for the input so far, though bear in mind I only have one day. :)

I'll get round to collating the items together later on tonight so you can see what I'll be arming myself with.

You should've known you'll get bombarded, Martino :PIRATE:

EDIT: Just remembered, can you check if Konami have changed the match stat for distance covered for every player under match stats when the game is over? You know how it states distance covered/dribbles is 64m or 130m or 220m for the full match. Never got it tbh and think it should be in kilometres, as in 9km or 10.3 or 11.6 etc.

Last edited:
I've updated the second post in a semi-structured way. There's no priority assigned to the numbers, it's just to help me keep track. Quite a few of the points overlap my own (AI, player switching, auto defence etc.) so I should be mostly on the ball anyway...

Although I don't think there'll be full internet access there and I wouldn't want to waste the day posting stuff, I will try and tweet via text as I go along so you should get some idea before I travel home and post properly.

Konami are after our feedback of good and bad points as well so hopefully this won't be the last community day we're invited to.

Keep the thoughts coming anyway, even if I can't address them all directly they will at least point me in the direction of the things you're interested in.

Looks like a meaty list there Mart, you sure you'll get through it all in one day? ;)

I say just hammer the game and have fun, then answer as many of these as you can afterwards or print off as a tick list for afterwards. Don't feel obligated to get through them all, you are there to have fun after all - I would be.

Ball physics
1- Spin on shots - variety of ball flight etc.
2- General
3- Cross field balls - raking

Controls
1- Player responsiveness.
2- Analogue stick and 360° control
3- Headers, whether they're power bar based, so we can choose to over or under hit.
4- New tricks system - ease of execution/combos
5- Defensive controls and balance with new tricks
6- Controlling throw-ins
7- One touch passing with new passing system
8- R2 use and its effect
9- Double square button lob
10- Gentle jog option?
11- Controller vibration

Mechanics
1- Free kicks - natural feel/execution success
2- Penalty system - variety of techniques/shooting styles - same as 2010?
3- Player switching
4- Physicality
5- Momentum
6- Crossing options/control
7- Volleying - positioning player
8- GK's rushing out for 1-1s, whether they rush out covering the goal or at a wrong angle stupidly leaving the goal wide open.
9- Shot/cross fake - like PES2010 or old PES
10- Quick free-kicks
11- Kick feint - e.g fake a powerful cross but tap it a different direction

Tactics
1- Set piece options
2- Use of attackers to defend set pieces
3- Nominate players to guard goalposts
4- Number of players that can be sent up for a set play e.g. limit of 3?
5- Number of players in defensive wall (no default limits)

Player attributes
1- Accuracy and power of passing and how stat-based they are.
2- Shooting with the wrong foot, how accurate it is for players with low wrong foot accuracy.
3- New tricks system - differences in line with players' technical attributes
4- Stamina - speed/accuracy/dribbling affected by overuse of sprinting

Animations
1- Contextual with ball e.g. matches ball movement/power
2- Contextual without ball e.g. reacts correctly to challenges/momentum
3- Fluidity e.g. linked correctly/whether there are frame skips to kick a ball a certain way
4- Goalkeepers e.g. floating and animations in general
5- Volleying - player positioning
6- Shift the ball out of player's feet animation
7- Slipping for bad timing

AI
1- Defending new trick system
2- Goalkeepers in general
3- Defenders come up for corners
4- Defensive pressing/variety of defensive styles between teams
5- AI controlled defenders on human team - defend properly or cover empty space
6- Reading a human player's controller instead of the player on the pitch's movements
7- Awareness of loose balls especially after being tackled etc.
8- Doing things for the player e.g. auto defence, auto header
9- Goalkeepers save selection e.g. parrying instead of catching
10- Noticeable difference in attacking styles between teams e.g. use of possession
11- Players receiving through balls e.g. Do they slow down?
12- Competing off the ball for corners etc.
13- AI cheats
14- Throw-ins e.g. bias for CPU teams?

Other match factors
1- Referees decisions/advantage rule
2- Penalties given against AI vs human
3- Camera angle for normal penalties
4- Player switching options
5- Dynamic crowds in relation to match e.g. home/away fans
6- Graphics - players using base layers?
7- Match stats - still in metres?

Nets
1- Nets

Questions
1- How has momentum been implemented?
2- How has physicality been implemented?

Questions - outside match engine or mechanics
1- Real league structures for ML?
2- How will the stadium editor work? - number of stadiums, net shapes/patterns
3- Penalty system e.g. additional animations/variety of run-ups
4- Dynamic wear and tear on the pitches?
5- How many unliscenced teams will there be available for us to edit?
6- Will the kit mapping stay the same?
7- Any plans for a new J-League version or prospect of incorporating it into PES?
8- Number of slots for editing kits, emblems, logos, chants, music library etc?
9- Will updates mess up the option file in terms of edited items?
10- Poland - National team licensed and number of club teams?
11- Online - Improvements to network code?
12- What are the planned online modes?

Theft
1- Steal the game disc

Perfect :WORSHIP:

p.s boot editing ,colours and jpegs

Last edited:
Forgot to add Mart, just one last simple thing. The amount of stoppage time. Does the ref blow the whistle even if we barely played the amount added in stoppage time?

In most cases against the CPU player, the CPU is allowed more injury time compared to a human player.

Cheers

Would be nice if there were some occasions where the referee's and linesman get the odd decision wrong like offsides, goals that have crossed the line but aren't awarded etc. Also for throw ins hopefully there will be more than one player to throw to. Players moving around to find space for the throw would be a nice addition. A lot more aggression from defenders would be nice instead of them just backing off to give you ample time to to get a shot off.

Last edited:
One more thought. Is the commentary less biased towards the human player?

I hate how when the AI team score the commentary say things like 'oh no, they've scored... but there is plenty of time left to pull one back' and when you score they're all for the goal telling you how it was a great worked goal or whatever.

I say just hammer the game and have fun, then answer as many of these as you can afterwards or print off as a tick list for afterwards. Don't feel obligated to get through them all, you are there to have fun after all - I would be.

+1

Just enjoy it mate, soak up the PES goodness and don't get too bogged down with the list.

Cheers. :) I will be doing that mostly but if I can bear these things in mind I'm all for helping people get a feel for it as much as possible.

Dears ,

Any ideas on what will be Licensed

Leagues , Teams , Clubs, National Teams ?????

It's just gameplay mate, so it'll just be exhibition games Mart will be playing. I doubt anything regarding teams/licences will be finalised at this stage.

I've updated the second post in a semi-structured way. There's no priority assigned to the numbers, it's just to help me keep track. Quite a few of the points overlap my own (AI, player switching, auto defence etc.) so I should be mostly on the ball anyway...

Although I don't think there'll be full internet access there and I wouldn't want to waste the day posting stuff, I will try and tweet via text as I go along so you should get some idea before I travel home and post properly.

Konami are after our feedback of good and bad points as well so hopefully this won't be the last community day we're invited to.

Keep the thoughts coming anyway, even if I can't address them all directly they will at least point me in the direction of the things you're interested in.
:WORSHIP: Great , can't wait :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom