Status
Not open for further replies.

Mart

Executive Janitor
Staff
28 February 2002
NYC
Darlington FC
As some of you already know Konami are holding a community day for PES 2011 next Thursday at their office in Chiswick, London village.

I will be going as our representative so this thread is for you to try and guide me into what you want me to check in the game or ask of our hosts.

The build of the game we'll be playing is likely to be locked to exhibition mode so please don't flood this thread with editing/ML/online requests. I'd like to keep a focused list relating to gameplay mechanics and whatever you'd be able to check in exhibition mode.

I think there will be the opportunity to ask about other areas but I can't see us unveiling much more than we already know and I don't want to waste what could be a full day of new PES playing - that's the important bit and as you know it takes a while to adjust to the newness.

So please fire away, I'll try and collate the questions nicely and will update the next post as I do.

(Is it only me that wants to call it a care in the community day?)

• Staff
Ball physics
1- Spin on shots - variety of ball flight etc.
2- General
3- Cross field balls - raking

Controls
1- Player responsiveness.
2- Analogue stick and 360° control
3- Headers, whether they're power bar based, so we can choose to over or under hit.
4- New tricks system - ease of execution/combos
5- Defensive controls and balance with new tricks
6- Controlling throw-ins
7- One touch passing with new passing system
8- R2 use and its effect
9- Double square button lob
10- Gentle jog option?
11- Controller vibration

Mechanics
1- Free kicks - natural feel/execution success
2- Penalty system - variety of techniques/shooting styles - same as 2010?
3- Player switching
4- Physicality
5- Momentum
6- Crossing options/control
7- Volleying - positioning player
8- GK's rushing out for 1-1s, whether they rush out covering the goal or at a wrong angle stupidly leaving the goal wide open.
9- Shot/cross fake - like PES2010 or old PES
10- Quick free-kicks
11- Kick feint - e.g fake a powerful cross but tap it a different direction

Tactics
1- Set piece options
2- Use of attackers to defend set pieces
3- Nominate players to guard goalposts
4- Number of players that can be sent up for a set play e.g. limit of 3?
5- Number of players in defensive wall (no default limits)

Player attributes
1- Accuracy and power of passing and how stat-based they are.
2- Shooting with the wrong foot, how accurate it is for players with low wrong foot accuracy.
3- New tricks system - differences in line with players' technical attributes
4- Stamina - speed/accuracy/dribbling affected by overuse of sprinting

Animations
1- Contextual with ball e.g. matches ball movement/power
2- Contextual without ball e.g. reacts correctly to challenges/momentum
3- Fluidity e.g. linked correctly/whether there are frame skips to kick a ball a certain way
4- Goalkeepers e.g. floating and animations in general
5- Volleying - player positioning
6- Shift the ball out of player's feet animation
7- Slipping for bad timing

AI
1- Defending new trick system
2- Goalkeepers in general
3- Defenders come up for corners
4- Defensive pressing/variety of defensive styles between teams
5- AI controlled defenders on human team - defend properly or cover empty space
6- Reading a human player's controller instead of the player on the pitch's movements
7- Awareness of loose balls especially after being tackled etc.
8- Doing things for the player e.g. auto defence, auto header
9- Goalkeepers save selection e.g. parrying instead of catching
10- Noticeable difference in attacking styles between teams e.g. use of possession
11- Players receiving through balls e.g. Do they slow down?
12- Competing off the ball for corners etc.
13- AI cheats
14- Throw-ins e.g. bias for CPU teams?

Other match factors
1- Referees decisions/advantage rule
2- Penalties given against AI vs human
3- Camera angle for normal penalties
4- Player switching options
5- Dynamic crowds in relation to match e.g. home/away fans
6- Graphics - players using base layers?
7- Match stats - still in metres?

Nets
1- Nets

Questions
1- How has momentum been implemented?
2- How has physicality been implemented?

Questions - outside match engine or mechanics
1- Real league structures for ML?
2- How will the stadium editor work? - number of stadiums, net shapes/patterns
3- Penalty system e.g. additional animations/variety of run-ups
4- Dynamic wear and tear on the pitches?
5- How many unliscenced teams will there be available for us to edit?
6- Will the kit mapping stay the same?
7- Any plans for a new J-League version or prospect of incorporating it into PES?
8- Number of slots for editing kits, emblems, logos, chants, music library etc?
9- Will updates mess up the option file in terms of edited items?
10- Poland - National team licensed and number of club teams?
11- Online - Improvements to network code?
12- What are the planned online modes?

Theft
1- Steal the game disc

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'd love it if you can double check on these:
1- Player responsiveness.
2- Usefulness of the analogue stick now that 360 is supposedly introduced.
3- Accuracy and power of passing and how stat-based they are.
4- Refs.
5- Shooting with the wrong foot, how accurate it is for players with low wrong foot accuracy.
6- GK's rushing out for 1-1s, whether they rush out covering the goal or at a wrong angle stupidly leaving the goal wide open.
7- Headers, whether they're power bar based, so we can choose to over or under hit.
8- In PES 2010, when a player is fouled while running, he falls back on his ass instead of tripping forward.

That's what I can remember for now. Thanks Mart :)

Could you have a look at the new tricks system please Mart?

It's a contentious issue in the PES2011 thread so it would be good to know a bit more about how it works and if the tricks are stat-based, i.e. can players low in technique complete, or even attempt, tricks?

Great news Mart.

I really like PES2010, but the way players move at time is not natural, it can feel rigid/stiff, with animations which aren't linked properly. It would be great to get your opinion on whether this has improved in PES2011.

Mr M, I have but two as player responsiveness and others are covered...

1). I know there is little hope of an answer but in ML will there be real full league structures this year or the option to edit them in?...

2). Is the right trick stick similar to FIFAs, this is more for you as you play to check and then can you put together combo tricks as indicated on one of the preview screens?...

Cheers...

Has stamina been worked on ? Is there real negative consequences to pressing the dash (R1/RB) non stop in terms of speed,accuracy and even dribbling ?

1: I'd love to be reassured about new Goalkeeping animations. Sometimes i found in pes10 that the goalkeeper would spoil a pretty good goal by not diving realistically/not covering his net properly/not facing the action etc...

2: Player responsiveness. I see what they were trying to do in pes10 with the responsiveness. Konami obviously wanted you to notice the difference between a defender being on the ball and a midfielder being on the ball. However it it was over-stated imo and made the game feel clumsy and unresponsive.

3: Referee's and in particular the advantage rule, which wasn't implemented well at all in pes10.

4: I'd love to know if defenders come up for corners

5: I'd love to know if the opposition consistently back off to the edge of their own area when you;re running with the ball. Again, i see what Konami were trying to do, i just feel it was over-stated again. There was no variety in pes10 and no pressure until you reache a certain point.

Just ignore me if any of these have been answered already.

Has player switching been addressed at all.
2010's system seemed to always select the players closest to the ball but most time that would be someone the opposing player had just ran PAST. So you ended up switching back and forth between 2 guys chasing when you actually want to select the defender the opposing player is running at so you can either cut the attacker off or just pull him back to cover some space.

Also from the last part of that with the defenders.

There is an annoying problem with 2010 where the game tries too hard to fill gaps in the formations. so lets say you only have 2 defender back and 2 attacking players are coming at you. As you're stuck swapping back and forth with the 2 chasing players and unable to select the defender, he is now AI controlled. And the AI will decide that the best option is not to go to the man with the ball or mark the other man who is making a run to the far post but actually stay in the middle covering that gap. so the Ai get a free cross and a free header or volley at your goal.

So... phew... has this problem been addressed at all. Have they stopped AI players preferring to fill gaps rather than actually play the game and stop the opposing players?

Have they stopped throw-ins bouncing back off your players and going off for an opposing throw-in?
It happens a lot when the AI controlled receiver starts to walk towards the thrower so as they control the ball it comes away from them and always goes off for a throw.

Has the AI had its mind reading powers reduced?
Best example is when you're on the wing and you want to cut back to cross on your weaker foot or to pass to someone or whatever... but the AI know you're holding left to pull back before the animation even starts and always tackle the ball from you.

Are players more aware of the ball - especially if they've just been tackled or pushed over in an important area.
Too many times I've taken a shot and then fallen over the keeper or been tackled and fallen and the ball has rolled away loose. It always seems like MY player takes his sweet time to get to his feet, like the players aren't aware of the ball and that it's free and the goals are open.

Can you play one touch passing with the new passing system or does the game force a delay between each pass as you set the power and aim?

Do the AI players still do thing that you don't ask to them?
Best examples I can think of are scoring goals (yes it's a goal but it always feel cheap to cross it in, swap to the man the ball is heading towards and then see an AI player leap in front and head the ball into the goal)
And clearing balls from defence by hoofing it anywhere. Annoying because there are times where you know you can take a touch and pass the ball out but once you player swap you find the AI has already decided to hoof it and the animation kicks in with you being unable to know it was going to happen and stop it.

Can you receive a penalty now against the AI?

Would be nice if you could look for top spin shots. In PES 2010 (and earlier I guess) every shot has backspin so there are not much variety in shooting.

Player switching

To add to the player switching questions...

Can you check whether player switching is back to it's PES4/5/6 days. Instead of just the three options Assisted, Semi-auto, Manual, does it give you as much of a choice as it used to?

Penalties

Seeing as most are reporting the penalties are the same as 2010, when taking a penalty in a match (not in a penalty shoot-out at the end) does the camera move behind the player like it used to, or is it the same as 2010?

Thanks

I'll add to the penalty query but my question is moreso related to whether or not the power aspect is the same rather than the technique

Is the timing of holding buttons still the same?
Can you put more than one type of power on the shot?
Do GK's still float when making dives?

Things like that and your general impression would be nice.

Oh and are freekicks much better this time around? More natural as opposed to PES 2010 which was too difficult to get ANY dip on the ball for instance (resulting in hitting the wall or going over 99.9% of the time).

If you get chance please collar them and ask about a few of these things.

Player physics. How has the sense of weight and player strength made it into the game?

Player momentum. Have they managed to realistically portray how a player running at full tilt gains momentum and how that momentum effects how he turns, controls the ball, slows down etc? (no stopping dead from a full sprint for example).

^ If they could get a real sense of pace and momentum incorporated into running on and off the ball they'd help preserve the "feel" of football and create more of a contrast between more physical and more technically skilled players.

Oh and are freekicks much better this time around? More natural as opposed to PES 2010 which was too difficult to get ANY dip on the ball for instance (resulting in hitting the wall or going over 99.9% of the time).

Would like to add that I've been having the same problems in 2010 as well. Now that I'm playing Konami's latest iteration though, WE: Blue Samurai though, it's far better and already scored enough beauties.

So yes, I would love to see it working as good as the Blue Samurai version.

Also about penalties, you might want to ask if they are in the game altogether. PES2010 didn't give penalties, basically.

Cheers Mart.

Please have a look at how the crosses are done.
I honestly don't like the current automatic crossing(where there's no power bar once you reach near the flanks of the penalty box). This causes for a high frequency of headed goals(or other goals resulting from automatic crossing). I like the old PES where you can select Type 3 I think it was, to determine yourself the strength/power of the cross.

Feel free to let us know what you think about ball physics.

I'd also like to know if they've finally sorted out the volleying animation and execution. Its very hard to position the player for volleying the ball, it ends up looking very weird and unnatural.

And please check if the keepers still parry softly lobbed through balls instead of catching them. :p

Since some gameplay aspcets have been covered here by everyone else:

1) How smooth are the transitions between animatios going to be on a whole Since many people have cited this as the main problem in the PES series? Even with the new systems you have inplace people are still concerned?

2) In Stadium editor, what stadiums can we edit and most importantly can we edit these god forsaken net shapes? and the net pattern :)

3) Will the Penalty system stay the same? Its the best system yet in any football game! Will there be additional penatly animations and a bigger variety of run ups?

4) Will there be any sort of dynamic wear and tear on picthes? Such as muddy, worn, snowed over or drenched turfs?

5) How many unliscenced teams will there be available for us to edit?

6) Will the kit mapping stay the same?
kitfinal.png

kitfinall.png
So i wont have to remake all of my national team kits :COOL: lol

and most importanlty!

Will Thierry Henry be in the game?
He's retiring from France btw.

Ask them if they're planning to release a next-gen J.League game anytime soon and suggest to make J1 and J2 teams available in the PES series as well (they're prolly being held back by licensing issues though), stressing the fact that there are many J.League fans out there, especially in France and Italy.

Ask them if they're planning to release a next-gen J.League game anytime soon and suggest to make J1 and J2 teams available in the PES series as well (they're prolly being held back by licensing issues though), stressing the fact that there are many J.League fans out there, especially in France and Italy.

+1

Also ask if we're going to have unlimited slots for editing kits, emblems, logos, chants, music library etc.

Quick one...

The build of the game we'll be playing is likely to be locked to exhibition mode so please don't flood this thread with editing/ML/online requests.

Quick one...

The build of the game we'll be playing is likely to be locked to exhibition mode so please don't flood this thread with editing/ML/online requests.

I know, I know. I'm sorry :BLUSH:

Thought a question wouldn't hurt. Not that I'm asking to go into edit mode and check it out :P

I want to know more about " R2 - :r2: "
What role play in PES 2011?
In the old series that was perhaps one of the most important keys , buttons for all aspects , like dribble ,close control , pass, shot, and when the player is in defense!
Thx

Already a few good questions here. I just want to know if they are going to address the problems with the updates buggering up option files it kind of stuffs up hours of hardwork.

Also, get the guy responsible for online squeeze his nuts with an object that can hurt and tell him you'll be back to bust a cap if he doesn't get his shit together......nothing harsh and try to look mean.

Lastly, I need to know what the opposition AI is like does Real Madrid attack different to Real Valladolid when playing against the CPU yes I know player stats have an effect but I mean that possession football that every team in PES 2010 possesses.

Thanks Mart

Are there more set piece options now?

Can attackers be used to defend set pieces?

Can you choose the players you want to guard your goalposts?

Is the 3 player limit on players to go up still there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom