PC PES 2011 [Full Game] Feedback

Second thoughts on Pes2011:

After playing 20 or so matches, I find myself a little disappointed with the game...

From what was shown in the Demo this version had potential to be the best ever, even it's slogan (freedom) was on the right track.
But the reality is that this game is too much mechanical and lacks unpredictability (the holly grail of a good sports game). It still has the potential, but a lot needs to be corrected (which I doubt).
- The bug rendering the AI incapable of defending crosses and the super-powers defenders have in 1-on-1 through the middle transforms this game in a repetitive run down the line and cross, header and goal or inexplicable miss/god-state save from the keeper.
- Defending is the only thing real challenging. We also have super-dupper defenders who run quickly than lightnings, but the player selection is totally messed up, and when you change players is always the less important in the play to be picked (no matter what selection mode is activated).
- Does the fatigue feature even works? I mean beside changing the colour in the bar to red? My guys keep running like hell, and the AI's they actually seams to get faster in the final quarter.
- Tactics (AI) are real buged also, every team plays direct transition football with high defence and pressure - NOT FUN is like playing over and over against the same team. The exception to this are the Copa America Teams, is really great to play against them.

Finally, this is maybe my imagination... I find really harder to attack down the right wing compared with left wing against every European side, am I imagining this or its other odd bug?

I guess online or against other human players the game will be a lot better, I'll try that tomorrow, but the truth is I don't have too much time to compromise with online schedules so I use PES mainly to offline against AI MasterLeague (usually a season takes over a month), and I don't see that much fun this year in doing that... Konami really invested in the online modes and forgot the rest, it's a shame.

Last edited:
My biggest concern so far is the replay camera change they have for this one in comparison to PES2010.In PES 2010 the angles for replay were a lot better, I don't get why they changed it since it was fine before.
Retarded stuff, can't get enough good angles

EDIT: I didn't mean it (saying the PES was poo :P ). Was in a bad mood and was talking bollox. There are lots of problems but quite a few should be fixable by the modding community.

First thing to do is get rid of that stadium announcer PSML! "aawww unlucky lads!"

Last edited:
Impressions after 3 25 min matches on Top Player and training session with Lyon.

- I'm on medium settings as the laptop isn't the best for gaming. It's running smooth, but the graphics and lighting could be better. (On PS3 graphics have taken a downturn this year from PES 2010).

- The passing is improved, but there's a clear difference in physics between the X pass and the L2+X pass, the latter much more satisfying and realistic.

- X passing is too fast. It will require stat editing.

- Seems difficult to run away from defenders.

- Shooting feels tighter than the demo.

- No Broadcast 1 cam that was in PES 2010 (the side to side one with a little tilt to each end). Konami giveth, Konami taketh. :RANT: Will be needing some camera settings or tweaks.

- Players seem really rushed when taking possession. Holding R2 helps, but it just looks and feels unnatural.

- Game feels better in training mode than match mode, slower, more considered pace. Could be down to team used, but I used Lyon in the first match also and it felt like there was a difference.

- Keepers, as expected, have awful animations.

- Many animations look rushed, like they're not taking the normal time necessary to complete the movements. Maybe this was done to make for a more fast paced game, but it makes it look bad and well, makes for too fast of a game.

Overall, feels like last year for me, there's a good game in there but it needs editing to bring it out.

That rounding movement around the ball is actually nice and very real life like. I like it.

I must say the final code is the best simulation game I have ever played! The games runs smother than the Demo and like the demo this year version has got ATI CrossFireX full compatibility.

MLO rocks! Although it will take time to build a good team (even a reasonable starting eleven will take some time). But I already found some bargains :D

Oh wow, CrossfireX is supported? Have you tried it? I'd love to play PES on a two monitor setup, forget the radar.

Hello!
First I'm new in the Forum and I'm from Germany, so sorry for my maybe bad English ;)

I have two question to the BAL Modus
When I want that the other players play the ball to me, which button should I press (like in PES 2010) or isn't there any button for this ?
and
Are there any other Patches where I can play the German Bundesliga in the BAL Modus ? I have the PES Edit Patch but Bayern and Werder aren't in the Bundesliga ... - . -

Thank you ;)

The passing in this game is incredible. I have set up my controller using xpadder to enable the manual passing (using L2) all the time by default. The freedom and reward is terrific. However like many on here, the game is too fast for my liking. But there is hope. I just did an experiment and am quite pleased with the results. For a single team I adjusted the following stats for all the players;
Top Speed (speed off the ball) -18
Dribble Speed (speed on the ball) -18
Short pass speed -18
Long pass speed -18
I then played a game with this teams against itself.
Whilst these values would need to be perfected, the instant affect on the game play is telling. Anyway just thought I would share this, for once an editor is released with global editing, the game will rise to the top.

Cheers

Oh wow, CrossfireX is supported? Have you tried it? I'd love to play PES on a two monitor setup, forget the radar.

Yes it does! Last year it worked but the game would not pass the 40 fps, even if with just one working it would stick to 60 fps without any problem.

master league bug , playing as man united and 99% of matches are at night time , NO day time matches

I'm loving it so far, way better than the demo that left me with mixed feelings, the picks right were PES 6 left off, it feels like PES again.

The pace is faster, but it's not hectic faster, at least when set to 0, it's PES 6 pace, fast, a little faster than reality, but enjoyable and controllable and not the "wtf is going on" of previous PES games on next gen. However, i don't know why we pc players don't get the negative speeds options, to suit everyone, no idea of what technical reasons they have for that...
I don't know if passing got more assistance or if i'm just more used to it, but it's feeling natural and intuitive, shooting is also feels a lot better, and in this case i'm pretty sure that they've changed the code and it's not me getting better/used to it lol.

I still don't like the "fifafied" trick system but it's a pleasure to pull them off with a guy like CR7 who knows every trick in the book.

The rest, the usual from Konami, the game will come to life when patchers put there touch in it, cause it's just lacking there

this game is bullshit... damn konami pes is dead :( sadly to say but fifa is the king on pc this year

Is it just me or does the full game feel less responsive than the demo? Initially I thought it was more responsive, but now I realised it was because the pace has been increased and is noticeably faster than the demo. However, there's a sort of lag to the players' movements compared to the demo. They take longer to respond to the left stick input. I compared it by playing the demo and the full version one after the other, and the difference is very obvious.

This is a pity because besides the couple of bugs and the incessant fouls, I loved the gameplay of the demo. It felt very smooth to me, even though so many people were feeling "clunky" movements. Also, now the pace has been increased so much that it just feels very rushed. There's no more the enjoyment of passing the ball around, probing and looking for gaps, that I experienced in the demo.

At first I thought maybe there might be something wrong with the controller, but I tested it in the demo and it felt like it did before, and with the full version I experienced the delay in movements. Have any of you experienced this as well?

I think there's a difference between demo code and full game code definately. I mostly played the demo on the PS3 though and now the full game on PC and it's like a totally different game in some ways, interested to see what the full game on PS3 feels like. I find it quite funny though that people enjoyed the demo more than they are enjoying the full game. Only Konami could manage that.

I think there's a difference between demo code and full game code definately. I mostly played the demo on the PS3 though and now the full game on PC and it's like a totally different game in some ways, interested to see what the full game on PS3 feels like. I find it quite funny though that people enjoyed the demo more than they are enjoying the full game. Only Konami could manage that.

For you it's a good difference right? Do you feel any delay in your player movements? And yeah I'm enjoying the demo more than the full game right now. Not sure if it's just that I have to play more games and get used to it.

Was impressed with the demo of pes 2011 on PC, but just got full game and is totally different, there is a feel of no ball control, trying to score usually means shooting high into the stands, making a tackle results in yellow cards and appalling animations of fouls, is nothing like the demo. What has Konami done, they have taken a great game and made it into a sham.

Playing master league find it hard to even play the game let alone score after playing 20 games just got annoyed with it, didn't feel in control of any player on pitch, no ball control at all, and taking a shot is just comical. so I put the game to one side and played Fifa 11 instead.

Was impressed with the demo of pes 2011 on PC, but just got full game and is totally different, there is a feel of no ball control, trying to score usually means shooting high into the stands, making a tackle results in yellow cards and appalling animations of fouls, is nothing like the demo. What has Konami done, they have taken a great game and made it into a sham.

Playing master league find it hard to even play the game let alone score after playing 20 games just got annoyed with it, didn't feel in control of any player on pitch, no ball control at all, and taking a shot is just comical. so I put the game to one side and played Fifa 11 instead.

See, these were my exact complaints when I started. Also seeing these sentiments all over the place.
I'm enjoying the ML a lot (for the drama really), but after 17 hours with the retail game (I've put some time in) I really feel like the PC demo was better code. For the life of me, I can't figure out why Konami would intentionally change it for the worse.

It's all in your head lads.

Yea sure mate. The game is perfect etc etc. Everyone who has complained is just wrong (or playing the wrong way!). We should learn to shut up and not tell Konami that they can still do better.

In my opinion, 'fans' like you are responsible for PES 2008 and 2009.

It's called feedback for a reason man.
Sheesh.

IS it me or do the graphics in the demo look much better than the real thing. I know the demo emphasized a lot of motion blur and the feel of just being on TV....

I propose PES 2012 they have a mode called Reel Time!!! For some of us who enjoy the full experience of football, including the interactive communication of player and also just off pitch interviews etc....

Def love the locker room vibe, now we need to press conferences....thoughts??

:BOP:

Back
Top Bottom