PES 2011 Discussion thread

Re: PES 2011 News & Rumours thread

I'm actually baffled at how some believe the current game is anywhere near realistic or simulation. The player motion alone and infinite sprinting is unfunny not to mention the mechanics of the whole defensive game.

There are infrastructural issues (as stated prior - AI, engine redesign, animations, collisions etc) and not just a few niggles that need to be sorted and a year just isn't realistic for a major overhaul over these fundamental 'game breakers' which is why I have no hope for the franchise's future.

I don't believe Konami anymore. The same lies every year and game is still in ps2 age , only graphics is correct but far from that what 360/ps3 can show.

yawn jimmy says the same thing over and over. i guess he needs to believe that the game is good.

yawn jimmy says the same thing over and over. i guess he needs to believe that the game is good.

I dont need to believe, I know how accurately the engine recreates football, it's genius. I love the game, and for so many reasons. And the game isnt good, it's brilliant. In my opinion of course. ;)

eh pls la dude dunt u get bored of it? seriously this is their/your last chance to me. another poor showing, and im gna get my first fifa in more than a decade.

im baffled as to how much the series have deproced since pes5/6 days. JUST RECREATE A PES5/6 WITH SUPERIOR GRAPHICS and you will please everyone ard the world i believe. pes5/6 was football. then, we were talking football. now, the animations make me walk out of the game-store straightaway!

eh pls la dude dunt u get bored of it? seriously this is their/your last chance to me. another poor showing, and im gna get my first fifa in more than a decade.

im baffled as to how much the series have deproced since pes5/6 days. JUST RECREATE A PES5/6 WITH SUPERIOR GRAPHICS and you will please everyone ard the world i believe. pes5/6 was football. then, we were talking football. now, the animations make me walk out of the game-store straightaway!

An u knead 2 lern ow 2 speek propper England. :CONFUSE:

I dont need to believe, I know how accurately the engine recreates football, it's genius. I love the game, and for so many reasons. And the game isnt good, it's brilliant. In my opinion of course. ;)

jimmy you should try our gameplay file for pes2010,i think you will like what chimps has done to the core gameplay.

http://rapidshare.com/files/356236293/PS3.rar

Our full file will be out next weekend

I'm actually baffled at how some believe the current game is anywhere near realistic or simulation. The player motion alone and infinite sprinting is unfunny not to mention the mechanics of the whole defensive game.

There are infrastructural issues (as stated prior - AI, engine redesign, animations, collisions etc) and not just a few niggles that need to be sorted and a year just isn't realistic for a major overhaul over these fundamental 'game breakers' which is why I have no hope for the franchise's future.

1) Player motion, animation, collisions, and FIFA-esque physical battles are purely aesthetic and don't impact the actual playability of the game.

2) Defensive AI in PES is leaps and bounds better than FIFA's debacle of a defensive system where sprint pressuring is the most effective way to play and defenders don't know how to properly mark. Want me to show you all the exploits in this game? They're all in this thread:

Let's FIFA 11/12/13: Making the perfect football game.

So basically you just like good graphics. I'm not going to admit FIFA10 is better than PES 2010, nor will I admit that PES is perfect this year, but it does so many more things right than FIFA does.

i agree with jimmy g force the game is close to perfection apart from a few niggles, i also believe alot of people dont watch football, coz if they did they would see that alot of players turns can be jerky in real life not everyone is smooth, i think people want players to turn and run smoothly like ballerinas, give me a break, but hey that my opinion one other thing people also bag the game coz of glitches, why dont u go to u tube and type in soccer bloopers and ul c glitches in real life that not even pro evo can produce

any tips on how i can get some enjoyment from the game then lads :)

well for a start,play on either pro or top player if you dont already? and play with teams that are not top clubs,i find this a challenge,and very rewarding when you get your tactics right and beat one of the big guns.:)) Also i think that konami are not that far away from giving us what we want,i mean 2010 on ps2 is the mutts nuts (allegedly).personally i like 2010 the only niggles i have nowadays is the penalty issue (refs & camera angle) and the fact that when the AI player has the ball near the touchline he seems to blindly run it out of play.apart from that i enjoy playing it,also sometimes taking a break for a few days can work wonders for your appreciation of it and where the series is heading imo.

first off, playin vs. Cpu is and never will be near realism

and online its a other game completely, so just go online jimmy etc. and u will find out....

It seriously baffles me to the point where I dont really know how realistic people want a football game to be ? Or how they perceive realism ?

Sure there are niggles here and there, but they are hardly gamebreaking. Konami absolutely nail 95% of the 'game' in my opinion.

They do need more animations in Jim. Also game speed is quite quick, don't you think? Playing against Arsenal is a nightmare for example.

They do need more animations in Jim. Also game speed is quite quick, don't you think? Playing against Arsenal is a nightmare for example.

Animations are eye-candy mate, I would rather have the perfect theories behind the accuracy of every pass, cross, shot, header, volley etc etc, which is exactly what PES 2010 gives you. Better animations is just an added bonus. But I agree, on the cosmetic side, it would be a nice addition. But concentrating on footballing fundementals is what matters the most to me.

I appreciate online on Regular AI can suck if you play people who DONT want to play football the way the game is meant to be played.

I have said this a million times, I'm not a gamer that plays a football game, I'm a footballer that plays a football game. People have different expectations. Also alot of gamers who dont understand all the variables involved with regards technique within real football, will never be able to fully appreciate just how clever Konami are with regards mastering the fundementals.

I dont post very often anymore because I honestly feel that alot of people on here are singing from a completely different songsheet to the one I read from. It's pointless, there cannot be any real debate if people cant see what Konami do so very, very well. It is genius. Of course there is always room for improvement. Ref's piss me off, a needless flaw in PES 2010, and very lazy.

If you play PES and use the same technique you use in real life on the football field, the similarities are frightening. I really could write a 5000 word essay and break this whole technique thing down regarding every variable within football and how PES recreates it. But for the most part it would just fall on deaf ears.

I'm past the point of trying to convince, if you dont see it , you dont see it, end of story.

As for Arsenal Lami, I play with Athletico Madrid every week in our lads night session. My mates play with Barcelona ( Ste, the least experienced player ), Liverpool ( My brother, who has played the game since ISS 64 ) Chelsea (Anth - the same as my brother, very experienced PES player ) and Inter ( Marc - played PES for years but has never owned a console ).

Every team poses a different problem for me, but the way I'm able to control the players around me with the huge tactical options combined with certain strategies means that even though I have the smallest and certainly least talented sqaud, I can always give everyone a game. I need to be on my very best game though to win a League title, and thats exactly as it should be against these better teams. Arsenal dont bother me, when I play teams like the above week in, week out to be honest.

Last edited:

jimmy you should try our gameplay file for pes2010,i think you will like what chimps has done to the core gameplay.

http://rapidshare.com/files/356236293/PS3.rar

Our full file will be out next weekend

Thanks Gerd, I will give this a go. Just one question though, how will this effect my current Championship patch I have ? Thats my only concern ?

1) Player motion, animation, collisions, and FIFA-esque physical battles are purely aesthetic and don't impact the actual playability of the game.

2) Defensive AI in PES is leaps and bounds better than FIFA's debacle of a defensive system where sprint pressuring is the most effective way to play and defenders don't know how to properly mark. Want me to show you all the exploits in this game? They're all in this thread:

Let's FIFA 11/12/13: Making the perfect football game.

So basically you just like good graphics. I'm not going to admit FIFA10 is better than PES 2010, nor will I admit that PES is perfect this year, but it does so many more things right than FIFA does.

eh ... Who mentioned FIFA ??

1. Animations, motion, collisions etc compliment game play, they create dynamism in the game instead of generic rigid & turgid player movement that are more suited to a early 90s karate game ... I simply don't know how this isn't obvious

2. PES defensive AI is very lousy & very very unrealistic ...

So basically YOU just like good graphics. I AM going to admit FIFA10 is better than PES 2010, and will I state that PES is a terrible franchise the last 3 years. It does so many things wrong which is quite excruciating considering it's past glory and is more so frustrating when it is termed 'back on form' or 'good' when I see it in it's worst form.

cheers

Thanks Gerd, I will give this a go. Just one question though, how will this effect my current Championship patch I have ? Thats my only concern ?

You can copy this OF under another profile and you should be fine I guess.

I would love for everyone's feedback on this thread on my game play changes.

I honestly think it goes some way towards making the game a lot more realistic and adds a lot to its difficulty and balance.

All games should be more competitive, but if you want a challange pick any of the smaller club teams and play against a better team or with a national team against brazil or England or one of the other big teams

said the game is already 30% finished, as if last year is 90% done, konami lied every year, fans of the game every year to ask the same things, but simply ignores konami prefer a pes6 hd q a pes 2011 ...

Aqua cool I can she it now, see looks very classy in that pic. I seen some in which she is a little more slutty ;)

Last edited:

Personally I believe EVERYTHING Komami say about PES; why would they lie?

Last edited by a moderator:

I would love for everyone's feedback on this thread on my game play changes.

I honestly think it goes some way towards making the game a lot more realistic and adds a lot to its difficulty and balance.

All games should be more competitive, but if you want a challange pick any of the smaller club teams and play against a better team or with a national team against brazil or England or one of the other big teams

Chimps I would love to try your option file but I have an NTSC-U PS3. Any chance you could share what changes you made so I can make them myself?

Back
Top Bottom