PES 2011 Discussion thread

NightWish

League 2
8 December 2009
New thread - New Game - New hope ?

First news about PES 2011:

The New Face of Winning Eleven Debuts this Year
Producer Shingo "Seabass" Takatsuka hints at major changes for this year's installment.

Winning Eleven has seen yearly installments on the PS3 and Xbox 360. But it looks like we've just been getting a preview of things to come for the series.

In an interview in the recent issue of Famitsu, series producer (and originally programmer) Shingo "Seabass" Takatsuka cited the criticisms Winning Eleven has taken over the years, particularly in Europe, and promised for this year a Winning Eleven that's been powered up many levels.

The updates will come in both graphics and gameplay areas. Winning Eleven games until now, he said, have been just extensions of the Famicom era. Players were fine with this through the PlayStation 2 , but the development staff now need to change their concepts and ideas to something more appropriate for the new generation machines like Xbox 360 and PS3.

He wouldn't give share specifics about what kind of changes to expect, but he did say that the area of the game that most clearly shows the changes is the relationship between AI and player motions.

The changes will have an effect on how the game controls, said Takatsuka. Until now, they've had a "Famicom-like" belief that good controls means fast movement. But it isn't this simple. Particularly on the new hardware, this type of thinking will lead to players being too fast. Some players in Europe have actually complained that the game's tempo is too fast. On the other hand, some players do seem to like faster speeds. The staff will be taking balance into account during the tuning process.

Despite all the changes, Takatsuka said to expect the new Winning Eleven between November and December. The game is currently 30% complete.
winningelevenblog.com

Re: PES 2011 News & Rumours thread

"the area of the game that most clearly shows the changes is the relationship between AI and player motions"

^ this is all i wanted to hear since pes 2008.

Here's some interesting info I heard whilst listening to the Gamespot UK Podcast from 4th February, which featured Steve Merrick from Konami PR. Regarding PES2011 he said:

''we'll probably follow a similar pattern as to what we did last year, I know that people have started seeing it already and the code is very advanced. It's a bit early to show our hand at the moment, but the buzz we're getting from Japan is we spent last year listening to the forums, listening to PES fans, and addressed some of their concerns, and this year we've addressed a lot of their concerns''

Let's hope so.

Here's some interesting info I heard whilst listening to the Gamespot UK Podcast from 4th February, which featured Steve Merrick from Konami PR. Regarding PES2011 he said:

Let's hope so.

It is very sad that KONAMI invested in the wrong franchise....MGS is not the breadbasket of KONAMI....PES is.

PS lets hope that FIFA11 is NG for PC too...This will kick KONAMI even further to improve. They wont have a monopoly over an entire platform anymore.

Last edited:

Let's hope so.

You do have a link for this Podcast ? I cant found it :?
10x
Oh , i found it :P thx google !

P.S. i regularly visit Gametrailers and listen podcasts as " invisible walls " , Еpic Battlecry " and Bonus Round. For the first time i listening to the podcast of gamespot UK and am very pleased. In American sites speak for stupid games like NBA , Maiden,NHL ,CoD ,but here in UK Gamespot talk about FIFA , PES , Konami , Street Fighter and other cool staff :)
UK Gamespot has already made me their fan.

Last edited:

You do have a link for this Podcast ? I cant found it :?
10x
Oh , i found it :P thx google !

P.S. i regularly visit Gametrailers and listen podcasts as " invisible walls " , Еpic Battlecry " and Bonus Round. For the first time i listening to the podcast of gamespot UK and am very pleased. In American sites speak for stupid games like NBA , Maiden,NHL ,CoD ,but here in UK Gamespot talk about FIFA , PES , Konami , Street Fighter and other cool staff :)
UK Gamespot has already made me their fan.

It's a good podcast. They had Jon Murphy from Konami UK on there last year just before PES2010 was released, so it's a podcast worth following.

Edit: by the way, Steve M only talks about PES for a couple of minutes in the podcast, but the interesting stuff is what I posted above.

Last edited:

It's a good podcast. They had Jon Murphy from Konami UK on there last year just before PES2010 was released, so it's a podcast worth following.

Edit: by the way, Steve M only talks about PES for a couple of minutes in the podcast, but the interesting stuff is what I posted above.

Thanks

Thanks Ameppe. Biggest shake up of PES ever? :PRAY:

Boy I hope Murphy isnt spinning us some Konami BS. It better be the biggest shake up. I want the philosophy of PES but totally new gameplay and animations. Its the old cliche but I hope this year is the revolution or at least half revolution. No more evolution please

"They started work on PES2011 months ago...."

"I've already played a really, really early version of the code and it blew me away!"

Is he joking?:SHOCK:

You know, based on past experiences with early PES code I think we should all wait until someone like Jamezinho or romagnoli has actually played the game and can vouch for how much it "blew them away".

"I've already played a really, really early version of the code and it blew me away!"

I'd hazard a guess he is lying, not joking :RANT:

Well we know its his job as PR to stay positive. Lets hope the exaggeration is all true.

You know, based on past experiences with early PES code I think we should all wait until someone like Jamezinho or romagnoli has actually played the game and can vouch for how much it "blew them away".

I wish I could get to play these games early! The first I will play of PES2011 will be the demo in September/October like everyone else.

I'm staying positive this year. PES2010 was not great but Konami are at least on the right path. They've had all the feedback they could ever need and the message from the fans is clear, so no excuses.

I think the early news is encouraging. The words 'shake-up' are rarely used in the same sentence as PES. Certainly not by Konami themselves.

This means that PES 2011 will be based on PES 2010 and those revolutions and desires for "Euphoria" is not how to come :)

And J.M. said the same things about PES 2010 ;)

And what else I noticed in podcast, Steve M. or J.M said that PR policy will be as last year. This means that the first press releases and Atr-Work will be released in April

Last edited:

Couldn't care less about all the PR tbh. I just want October to come and play the game for myself. Every time I read Seabass' comments he gets my hopes up high only in the end to be semi-disappointed.

Best thing was back in the day when I read or heard nothing on the game and all I did was play PES/WE until the new one came out. Buy it, play it, hate it for the first week, then adapt to it and fall in love with it.

I think PES2010 was a lot better than the previous two installments, they are on the right path but the evolution has been excrutiatingly slow since the abysmal PES2008.

I think PES2010 was a lot better than the previous two installments, they are on the right path but the evolution has been excrutiatingly slow since the abysmal PES2008.

Totally agree, the core gameplay of PES2010 is very good, this year, the big thing that they need to sort out is the animations, proper animations will help the game look/feel more realistic and help with the flow of the matches, they also need to work on the AI, particularly in BAL mode. I thought that Master League in PES2010 was done really well, so they don't need to overhaul that.

Totally agree, the core gameplay of PES2010 is very good, this year, the big thing that they need to sort out is the animations, proper animations will help the game look/feel more realistic and help with the flow of the matches, they also need to work on the AI, particularly in BAL mode. I thought that Master League in PES2010 was done really well, so they don't need to overhaul that.

ML, actually they do, they removed ML history so you can't check what you've been doing in past seasons. I want the records back. I kind of like the negotiations now but I need the scout to update me with what is happening instead of just coming back with "negotiations broke down".

The game speed needs to be slowed down a bit, just watch a few real games and replicate that. Ping pong does not work for me.

And you need to be able to move clubs in Master League as well as manage International Teams.

The visuals only need a bit of polish to be honest, the graphicial side of the game was the biggest improvement by far in PES 2010 imo, the rest was just lacking.

Putting all effort into the gameplay itself, the AI, animations and ball physics is what they need to do with the visual template already in place, for the first time for years I've got a very good feeling about this year.

Oh yes definitely. Not sure about managing International teams though.

In my opinion if Sensible World of Soccer could do it well 16 years ago then so can PES.

Don't believe a word of it :BORED: , quite frankly they have lost all credibility after all the lies spewed over the last few years ... why would this year be any different?

There are just too many problems to sort out in a year for this 'big shake up' to revolutionize the game. A new engine, improved AI, animation & collision systems etc etc are not things I believe can be sorted in a year.

I just don't believe they have the capacity to bring out a good title on PS3/360 & I expect more of the same mediocrity.

It seriously baffles me to the point where I dont really know how realistic people want a football game to be ? Or how they perceive realism ?

Sure there are niggles here and there, but they are hardly gamebreaking. Konami absolutely nail 95% of the 'game' in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom