PES 2011 Demo impressions

Proxi, i've been playing quite a lot of demo matches both home and away and i never noticed any difference between home and away teams to be honest.
Maybe other people should react, maybe i'm not perceptive enough, but i have the feeling that you are imagining this difference...sorry if i'm wrong.
Hey Gerd, I'm the first to admit to being an over-excited sod over Pro Evo this year. However, I never sought after a noticeable difference in the away matches and honestly felt it after just one half in the game away to Barcelona.

Of course, we could take into account that perhaps my slightly less aggressive team setup than normal may have made some difference to how under pressure I felt, but there appeared be more of a swagger from the home sides, and a clear referee bias.

I'll play some more tonight. :)

actually it looks totally different. On 1080p i was getting a flickering in game which effected the player models and i couldnt read the names above the players. It like blurred it out. Not seen it on any other games

Went into ps3 settings and turned off 1080p and 1080i so it is running in 720p. Have read in other places it cause problems on some games thats why i changed it.

Ok I will try.

Ok im here to eat humble pie. This game has seriously grown on me now and im thouroghly enjoying it.

The problem with the graphics on the PS3 was down to me having 1080p on. Once I dropped down to 720P is looks fantastic. All the flickering in game gone and looking sharp.

The gameplay is really good. Getting the hang of manual passing and some of the touches implemented make me laugh but it looks real. Like over head kicked miss timed and fresh air is kicked.

I love the time on the ball you get so you can build. Theres loads of positive but I cant remember them all.

Fouls have be toned down massively since the demo.

It is really good and i ve playing ISS since Super Nes days before switching to FIFA in 09.. Yes Im that old :)

You should mention this on the other side of the forums, where you last trashed the game - something about banging your head against the wall because people here weren't listening to "facts" or something?!

It's amazing how many people have a change in opinion after extended playing time. Took me at least 20 matches. I'm still not sure I'll be able to overlook the game's shortcomings once I've had a few weeks with the full game, but I don't think anyone can doubt that what PES does well it does really well. I'm excited for the full release but even more excited for PES 2012!

You should mention this on the other side of the forums, where you last trashed the game - something about banging your head against the wall because people here weren't listening to "facts" or something?!

It's amazing how many people have a change in opinion after extended playing time. Took me at least 20 matches. I'm still not sure I'll be able to overlook the game's shortcomings once I've had a few weeks with the full game, but I don't think anyone can doubt that what PES does well it does really well. I'm excited for the full release but even more excited for PES 2012!

yeah will do mate..so are you sticking with FIFA this year?

For all the guys who have a look at these "fullversion" ps3 videos already available: This is a PREVIEW game version for a french magazine from before 2months which has been leaked!!! It isn't the FULL GAME! The real full game hasn't been leaked until now!

I want to know what you guys think about this new dribbling system, for me it's awful. I prefer the old one.

And sorry if this was already discussed.

yeah will do mate..so are you sticking with FIFA this year?

I honestly have no idea. I'll definitely be getting both games, but it'll take some serious playtime before I have an idea.

I've been playing FIFA since I switched in 08, so I'm familiar with the game which counts for something. Also, I'm still hopeful that with the right tweaks on the demos gameplay that the game can be quality, if you of course can overlook certain aspects. I think FIFA is a lot better than what some people think and not nearly as good as what others think. To each's own...

I love what PES has done, and much will come down to whether in the end I'll be able to overlook it still feeling a little rough around the edges to me. This may become a less and less issue as I get more comfortable and better at the controls. Another big issue will be whether I can enjoy FIFA's CM - they've scrapped some important features to start over from scratch but if it's not a deep enough experience, ML's depth may be a huge factor.

Should be an interesting year...

just noticed an odd thing in pes 2011
while defending , if u intermittently press the x button, u will see ur defender showing some very odd jerky animations

Hey Gerd, I'm the first to admit to being an over-excited sod over Pro Evo this year. However, I never sought after a noticeable difference in the away matches and honestly felt it after just one half in the game away to Barcelona.

Of course, we could take into account that perhaps my slightly less aggressive team setup than normal may have made some difference to how under pressure I felt, but there appeared be more of a swagger from the home sides, and a clear referee bias.

I'll play some more tonight. :)

will definetly give this a go - idea hadnt occured to me before, i'd always been the home side by default.

Id always choose a stadium that nobody else could use for my ML team, so this will take that to a whole new level.

Cheers

db

The best thing I felt so far was when I tried Barcelona and saw Camp Nou it looks awesome! The camera angle is a little different from the original Konami Stadium, but the grass is just shiny green :D

I don't think it will be look better if you change it on 720p :/

actually it looks totally different. On 1080p i was getting a flickering in game which effected the player models and i couldnt read the names above the players. It like blurred it out. Not seen it on any other games

Went into ps3 settings and turned off 1080p and 1080i so it is running in 720p. Have read in other places it cause problems on some games thats why i changed it.

It does make a difference. Games that should be played on 720p and up scaled to 1080p don't look as good. Some TVs do that auto up scaling. Thankfully mine doesn't and just goes for the default game setting.

pes doesnt display in 1080p. the ps3 just went down to 480p because it you didnt check 720p in display settings. happens in a lot of games on ps3 eg sf4, pes 2010.

I can't get a get read on the demo because of the camera settings - why only two options? I play on Pro cam/vertical and cannot play horizontal. I'll probably go with this game first over FIFA - first time in years.

It does make a difference. Games that should be played on 720p and up scaled to 1080p don't look as good. Some TVs do that auto up scaling. Thankfully mine doesn't and just goes for the default game setting.

Is your TV 1080p Lami? Because if it is then a 720p signal from the PS3 will still be scaled as it's not a native screen resolution of your TV. It still has to spread 720 lines across a 1080 line display. So I'd guess your TV still does some automatic scaling.

Ok im here to eat humble pie. This game has seriously grown on me now and im thouroghly enjoying it.

The problem with the graphics on the PS3 was down to me having 1080p on. Once I dropped down to 720P is looks fantastic. All the flickering in game gone and looking sharp.

The gameplay is really good. Getting the hang of manual passing and some of the touches implemented make me laugh but it looks real. Like over head kicked miss timed and fresh air is kicked.

I love the time on the ball you get so you can build. Theres loads of positive but I cant remember them all.

Fouls have be toned down massively since the demo.

It is really good and i ve playing ISS since Super Nes days before switching to FIFA in 09.. Yes Im that old :)
Dude thanks for the updates, Its a shame that the toucheline bug is in the full version, but I would like to ask you if you have tried Become a legend mode yet? I hope the bug doesn't ruin the game, because I hate it in the demo.

Last edited:
Is your TV 1080p Lami? Because if it is then a 720p signal from the PS3 will still be scaled as it's not a native screen resolution of your TV. It still has to spread 720 lines across a 1080 line display. So I'd guess your TV still does some automatic scaling.

Yes it is 1080p. Thing is though it auto switches from 1080p, when in xmb, to 720p when I start PES 2011, for example. It displays it on the top left of the screen.

I thought some TVs don't do this and it still up scales to 1080p unless manually changed in TV settings.

Yes it is 1080p. Thing is though it auto switches from 1080p, when in xmb, to 720p when I start PES 2011, for example. It displays it on the top left of the screen.

I thought some TVs don't do this and it still up scales to 1080p unless manually changed in TV settings.

Same here. In the XMB my Samsung 1080p tv is at 1920x1080 but when the demo starts is 1280x720

Pretty much the same as always for me, the AI is bad, the ref never, EVER plays advantage, the keepers are still retarded and it feels like controlling robots.

I hate FIFA because it feels so stiff and kicking the ball is like kicking a brick, this is the way PES feels now, PES6 was still the best for me that felt fluid and kicking the ball felt good but for me the lack of proper controll you have over your players has always been a big factor with PES.

Might buy myself a PS3 and get it on that maybe it's better.

Dude thanks for the updates, Its a shame that the toucheline bug is in the full version, but I would like to ask you if you have tried Become a legend mode yet? I hope the bug doesn't ruin the game, because I hate it in the demo.

According to some sources the touchline bug is off the final version...even Jon Murphy at his twitter says something about it. Even at WEblog they are already talking about it.

I think it's going to be a year of PES back again...I GUESS.

JUST for INFO:
Eurogamer that has already reviewed FIFA 11 is mentioning the oddness of this year FIFA.
On the reverse IGN Uk gave FIFA 11 9.5/10!!!! I think it's a little bit overrated, but like I said i've just played the demos...LOL. If you check in the side the user score is in 7.4...LOL again.
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1123409p2.html

I was just hesitant about purchasing the PC or PS3 version of PES 2011...but right now I just don't know again.

Last edited:
Who seriously jogs down the touchline a lot anyway? It's something only kids would try using even on a irregular basis, and with this bug it's not even going to work online.

*Genuine*
Hi guy's, I've just got a promo copy of PES 2011 for the xbox (perk at work) that I want to sell, so anyone who is interested in playing the game more than a week early, PM me!

img00199201009271620.jpg

My first impressions are very good, one of the best PES games so far (besides when it first came out, it seemed amazing). BUT...

Can anyone explain to me why they took the L1 feature out - when you're in possession of the ball, you tap L1 (I think) and your team mate ahead of you makes a run so you can time a well-placed through ball!!

I think they took this out of the game after PES 2007, but I'm not 100% sure. It was essential though, I used it all the time - it's frustrating when you want to counter attack and your players don't move ahead of you quick enough.

Also, the newest way of taking penalties is ridiculous - why not use the old skool way, noone had any problems with that... did they?

Does anyone have any comments about this?????

Apart from those 2 points, the game is pretty decent :APPLAUD:

Your display is still 1080 lines though, regardless of the resolution of the input signal. Unless you are sending a true 1080p signal to your TV (playing a Blu-ray for example) then there will always be some scaling occurring.

Your display is still 1080 lines though, regardless of the resolution of the input signal. Unless you are sending a true 1080p signal to your TV (playing a Blu-ray for example) then there will always be some scaling occurring.

So its better if I keep only the 720p ticked in PS3?

Back
Top Bottom