PES 2011 Demo impressions

has anyone noticed that when u lob/cross from a free kick, it feels it just goes straight to a players feet/chest? either that or i'm bloody david beckham at this

The more I play this demo and the more I realize how timing is so important when making a shot.Unbelievable the number of times I skied the ball only to realize my players is not well positioned for the shot

Just played a match the PES 2010 demo that I didn't realise I still had on my 360 - oh my god it is fucking awful...

Konami have improved the game so much in a year...

The more I play this demo and the more I realize how timing is so important when making a shot.Unbelievable the number of times I skied the ball only to realize my players is not well positioned for the shot

Agreed. Sometimes it can feel a little too finicky but maybe that'll be tweaked for final version, and I'll wait a couple weeks/months before passing judgement. The other issue is you have to barely tap the shoot button as well, and even then there's no guarantee you won't sky the ball - unfortunately, though, sometimes a shot can look more like a lob pass than an shot on goal!. It took me about 20 before I could hit the target with some regularity.

has anyone noticed that when u lob/cross from a free kick, it feels it just goes straight to a players feet/chest? either that or i'm bloody david beckham at this

exactly what i've been saying. they removed the manual option cross that used to be available under button configuration i think.

ppl here like automatic crosses it seems, noone seems to be giving a damn.

exactly what i've been saying. they removed the manual option cross that used to be available under button configuration i think.

ppl here like automatic crosses it seems, noone seems to be giving a damn.

you can go past the problem by pressing L2 when you are crossing and there will be manual crossing

Has anybody else been noticing the exploit where if you dribble down the wings, as close to the touchline as possible and without using sprint at all, the CPU defenders will not try to tackle you, allowing you to reach the end line and put in a perfect cross!?!
According to a post on the pesfan site, jon murphy says it has been fixed.

According to a post on the pesfan site, jon murphy says it has been fixed.
Yes, it's been said by Bruce Willis himself on Twitter. To add to his claim, we'll surely hear proof of such fixes and possible extra bugs by those folk who got an early copy via these notorious promotional Konami street dealers...

you can go past the problem by pressing L2 when you are crossing and there will be manual crossing

the problem with this is, as default, will people on offline multiplayer games actually bother using manual when they can get easy goals from automatic crosses? what more so for online then.

the problem with this is, as default, will people on offline multiplayer games actually bother using manual when they can get easy goals from automatic crosses? what more so for online then.

Easy goals? I have to score many easy goals, at least that weren't the fault of bugged/poor AI. My impression from people who've mastered the manual pass - I haven't - is that it provides an advantage on crosses not the other way around.

At the moment I'm finding that the manual long balls power up a bit too quickly, I usually end up hitting them out for a throw on the far side, with the ball bouncing once :P. I may get used to it eventually though.

I absolutely need training/practice mode! I've only scored 2 free kicks, I miss almost all my pens (unless I hit them down the middle), I can't do a lot of the tricks... I could go on... :P

At the moment I'm finding that the manual long balls power up a bit too quickly, I usually end up hitting them out for a throw on the far side, with the ball bouncing once :P. I may get used to it eventually though.

I absolutely need training/practice mode! I've only scored 2 free kicks, I miss almost all my pens (unless I hit them down the middle), I can't do a lot of the tricks... I could go on... :P

I'm in the same boat! I think it'll come with time and practice though - when it comes to powering-up long passes, I think it's because I'm so used to FIFA's manual controls that I'm over hitting a lot of lobs.

I also suck at free kicks - shooting I'm doing okay with power but my aim is terrible, and I especially can't seem to get any curl on my shots; when it comes to lob passing of free kicks I'm basically hopeless!

Yesterday night I tried to download the WE-demo with my Japan-Account on the xbox360 in Europe... but no way, what came down was merely the PES-demo... :cry:

FKs in 2011 are easier than 2010, where they were too hard. I've only scored 4 FKs in 2010, never got the Score 5 FKs trophy...

Had two games om the full version. Cant answer too many questions as its its not in English.

However here is a very quick overview and before i start Im a FIFA fan since 09

Very solid game for me. Great pace, tactics make a differnece. I was playing with liverpool against man u. At half time switched to 4-4-2 from default and pushed up a little. You could see the difference immediately between the two.

Manual controls are quite good although i wish you just turn it on and not have to use a button but I can live with it.

Animations are 100% better than PES 2010 and the collision detection seems to have been fixed from the demo which was one of my main gripes.

It does remind me of the old PES in terms of time on he ball etc

Cons

Goalies - Jury still out on this - whilst i havent conceded ive seen some dodgy parrys

Atmosphere/Commentry - Shit but we can input our own chants i believe

Running Down the Touchline Bug - I didnt see this in the demo but i tried it once and it appears to still be in. Man U rightback let me walk down the wing but i havent tried it enough to be 100% and im not going to

Team Squads - Joe Coal in , Mascherano still in?? Come on you've had weeks to sort this

I reakon PES diehard fans will be well pleased with this. Ill see what Final FIFA has to offer and then make my mind up

Well, seems like the bug is still in full game but collision detection got improved according to hitmanuk.

A patch asap is needed to not let this bug pulling down a great game.

#PESdemo The team is aware of issues reported with AI pressure down the wing and at corner flag. We'll report back with results ASAP
about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

posted by Jon murphy

#PESdemo The team is aware of issues reported with AI pressure down the wing and at corner flag. We'll report back with results ASAP
about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

posted by Jon murphy
Brucie's got his wang out, that's promising at least. As long as it's sorted within a few days of release I'm happy.

I'll try it again and see if the bg is there in a bit..Ive played a few games now and im enjoying it as there are moments of brilliance and unpredictabilty like there was in the old PES series.

However things that are dampaning the experience:

Visuals - Im sorry but i have the full version and FIFA looks miles better please get over it. Graphics are not everything but at times it looks like a PS2 game. I have a good TV 1080P 100 HZ so its not the TV

Fluidiy - Still has that clucky feel at times deffo not as bad a previous years but its still there

Atmosphere - As mentioned above, surely they could have done this better. it just makes the game more immersive. It really is dreadful

Manual - Something isnt right with this. At times i use it and i can tell its manual. Other times I use it especially long cross balls and it still feels automated. Not sure about this

Messi - Is it me or does he run like a spaz in this game?

Goalkeeps - They are ok actually so far

Ive scored some nice goals and some of the players make some awesome runs especially inesta for barcelona.

I'm sure the atmosphere will be created by the patching community.
At least they did a wonderfull job on pes6.
I have the demo for both ps3 and the pc, and the difference in graphics is HUGE. Ps3 looks really really jaggy compared to the pc.
So, a modded pc version will be heaven.

I have the demo for both ps3 and the pc, and the difference in graphics is HUGE. Ps3 looks really really jaggy compared to the pc.;So
, a moddedpcc version will be heaven.

This is what I'm looking forward to almost more than getting back into PES again.. Some of the modding stuff on the PS2 was fantastic, I wonder how much can be done on the PS3?...

I have the demo for both ps3 and the pc, and the difference in graphics is HUGE. Ps3 looks really really jaggy compared to the pc.
So, a modded pc version will be heaven.

I really hope full Pes 2011 on PS3 will be looks better than demo. Without jaggy etc

Back
Top Bottom