PES 2011 Demo impressions

Here you can watch another Demovideo...
http://www.videogameszone.de/Pro-Ev...lich-Exklusives-Video-und-Screenshots-771389/

@Alessandro_Vascaíno

Video Number 2
9:18 -> this definitly looks like a Goalkeeper bug or the goalkeepers are just really, really bad ...

No, that's not a bug in any way at all. What the player did was press L2 and the right stick to control the goalie and he totally screwed it up :LMAO:

Watch it again man :) when Robben is put through on goal look how the cursor switches from the defender to valdes.

It's just Goalkeeper cursor control. It's been in almost every PES game, In PES 2010 they made a universal switch (L2+left stick) So you can control the goalie.

I'v eplayed 2 games so far, don't hate it which is a good start, but I've not fallen in love either.

I'm not sure if it's just me and my olf pes5/6 habits but is anyone else finding it hard to beat players with a simple change of pace, can't seem to stay in front of them, and this is with Messi/Robben/Villa.

The passing is good quite fluid will take some getting used to, not too sure on the shooting but not had many chances to shoot, not a fan of the dribbling at all, just doesn't feel right.

Graphics are much better close up than they are on the field

I'v eplayed 2 games so far, don't hate it which is a good start, but I've not fallen in love either.

I'm not sure if it's just me and my olf pes5/6 habits but is anyone else finding it hard to beat players with a simple change of pace, can't seem to stay in front of them, and this is with Messi/Robben/Villa.

The passing is good quite fluid will take some getting used to, not too sure on the shooting but not had many chances to shoot, not a fan of the dribbling at all, just doesn't feel right.

I think the problem you are having is that you have played two games.

Hello?!

Somebody please test the new defensiv system. Pushing back + X!!!

Does it work good?

Yes, I want to let others have their opinions but I hav shut out Barca using just this tactic in the last two games.

The new defensive system is excellent. You essentially keep x pressed and aim away from the defender and bide your time for the tackle. It's great for containing quick teams like Barca and situations on the break. It's tough though, so practice definitely makes perfect.

As Jimmy G says above, you have to go back to the drawing board and relearn a few things. For me, using L1 for quick turns and control is effective at beating the man and creating space for the pass as well as R2 for measured passing and shielding the ball when you stop dribbling (i.e. after supercancelling).

Shooting is fine it's just that it requires a lot more space to get any real power on the shot.

No, that's not a bug in any way at all. What the player did was press L2 and the right stick to control the goalie and he totally screwed it up :LMAO:

Watch it again man :) when Robben is put through on goal look how the cursor switches from the defender to valdes.

It's just Goalkeeper cursor control. It's been in almost every PES game, In PES 2010 they made a universal switch (L2+left stick) So you can control the goalie.

thank god ! :WORSHIP:
I am kinda relieved now :BOP:
Thanks for the enlightement

Anyone know why the Hell Herny is still in the Barca team?

How old exactly is this cod then? Darth was saying this demo did feel a little different from what he played last friday?

I think this is probably the 'first' edition of the final code, since then it's been tweaked somewhat.

If this was made in august even! Henry would have not been in that Barca team!

Anyone know why the Hell Herny is still in the Barca team?

How old exactly is this cod then? Darth was saying this demo did feel a little different from what he played last friday?

I think this is probably the 'first' edition of the final code, since then it's been tweaked somewhat.

If this was made in august even! Henry would have not been in that Barca team!

Jon Murphy said it was final code in terms of gameplay. The rosters should be updated. No biggy if they aren't anyway, since there's always a patch on the release day anyway.

Jon Murphy said it was final code in terms of gameplay. The rosters should be updated. No biggy if they aren't anyway, since there's always a patch on the release day anyway.

Yeah, i think the Full game will still be slighty better. Just a few little nagging things will be smoothed over :)

I'm hopeful also that they will put some more crossing animations in! Even bring back the ones from PES 2010 :CONFUSE:

:TD: :MAD:
pff.png

read this :)
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2053314&postcount=92

About the crossing animation, there's more than the one you guys are on about but it seems that one is more frequent than others. Also on one of the gamescom gameplay videos I remember seeing Di Maria crossing in the ball with the outside of his foot.

So, being in the U.S., I haven't played the demo yet, but I've seen a few people say that it's hard to beat a man with speed. That is, once you get past them it's hard to stay ahead even with the likes of Messi. Is this true?

Konami is simply playing with all of us...

Would be possible they see tha GK's moves and thinking that's is near to reality. Which kind of fottball matches they watch? It's a bad joke.

Is it so difficult ask for a professional GK to fix it, doing a consultant?

All the GK's moves reminds me to old gen's PES. I think that's ridiculous. Unnaceptable. Frustating.

I prefer ugly player's faces to have decent GK. Where's the motion capture.

FIFA has many bad things, but has fluidity. FIFA's GK make silly things, but the moves are next to reality.

Sorry, but I definitely give up...

Brazilian regards.

Konami is simply playing with all of us...

Would be possible they see tha GK's moves and thinking that's is near to reality. Which kind of fottball matches they watch? It's a bad joke.

Is it so difficult ask for a professional GK to fix it, doing a consultant?

All the GK's moves reminds me to old gen's PES. I think that's ridiculous. Unnaceptable. Frustating.

I prefer ugly player's faces to have decent GK. Where's the motion capture.

FIFA has many bad things, but has fluidity. FIFA's GK make silly things, but the moves are next to reality.

Sorry, but I definitely give up...

Brazilian regards.

So, PES 2011 may be aswell a fantastic game, but because the animations aren't OTT like in Fifa you're giving up?

Argh, I'm fine with it really, go ahead, give up, it's your loss.

omg ! Goalkeepers are amazing ! Some fifa fanboys r smoking bulshit here. Goalkeepers are just as they should be !
I really hope so. They've been poor for so long now..
Still the animations don't convince me from what I see. Keepers in PES5 and PES6 had their glitches, but played better than PES2010 ones, and looked far more real-life motion-wise than the ones in the PES2011 demo.

I'm not stating that they don't serve their duty, it's just that the animations leave me with a kind of bitter feeling..
Meh, probably for the keepers the guys at Konami need to add some animations more..

PS: Gotta love these trolls:
YouTube - PES 2011 gameplay Irak vs uruguay
No one can spot it's PES2010, really.. And not because this kid didn't bother to change even the writings in the menu, no.. :COAT::COAT::COAT:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom