PES 2011 Demo impressions

i thought u played the final build ie same build as this demo?

I played the latest build on Friday, I just wonder how long the demo has been with Sony waiting for authorisation for, I could be wrong but the demo feels really, really close to what I played last Friday apart from those changes I mentioned, its just something that hit me from the first game after playing 17 times last week.

Anyone tested the rainbow flicks?

i have,

Bad: Anyone can perform them!

Good: it's almost impossible to get past a player with them :)

I've played a few now on the demo. Really enjoying it until i decided to try what i ALWAYS do since PES2008...try the score direct from a corner bug....guess what happened?

YouTube - PES2011 Demo GK bug

Oh dear.....this was the very first time i tried for the bug. I hope it doesn't happen very often as corners will be almost as good as a penalty online.

Oh dear :LOL:, make sure you let Joe Murphy know about this!

Keep trying this, and see how many times you score.

Just played my first two game on it and i hav eot say its pretty damn good(this is my first time ever [playing pes 2011).

Won the 1st match 3-0 with barca and lost the 2nd one 2-0 with bayern,both on top player.

I however dont really like the camera much.

Just played my first two game on it and i hav eot say its pretty damn good(this is my first time ever [playing pes 2011).

Won the 1st match 3-0 with barca and lost the 2nd one 2-0 with bayern,both on top player.

I however dont really like the camera much.

Hmm this must be just down to Barca being much better than Bayern on the game.

Yes it is. I noticed it on the beta several times. the keeper palms it on purpose for the nearest defender.
I was referring to the video I quoted and you can clearly see it was not on purpose. The only thing he did on purpose was saving that shot, if an attacker had been standing around there, he'd have got the ball.

I was referring to the video I quoted and you can clearly see it was not on purpose. The only thing he did on purpose was saving that shot, if an attacker had been standing around there, he'd have got the ball.

No you can't clearly see anything, I'm telling you, when the keeper saves it, 90% of the cases after he palms it the ball finds a defender to go to. If it isn't on purpose then it's a hell of a coincidence lol.

Best way to describe my feeling is having your ex girlfriend (who betrayed you several times three years ago) standing on your doorstep with a new set of boobies.
It's just been a year but.. Could I have her back, still? Even with her old boobies.. Pleaseeee :(

On the other hand, being serious.. I'm a huge PES5 and PES6 fan, and like you I've never really fallen in love with the next-gen installments of the game.. So, what you are saying makes me a little worried..

It's just been a year but.. Could I have her back, still? Even with her old boobies.. Pleaseeee :(

On the other hand, being serious.. I'm a huge PES5 and PES6 fan, and like you I've never really fallen in love with the next-gen installments of the game.. So, what you are saying makes me a little worried..

Takes time to adapt! Give this game time and i think you will like it!

I'm getting more and more impressed by the minute, some of the replays are stunning and most of the new animations are top notch. The passing is fluid and intuitive, the AI challenging and the goals you score are more varied than ever.

Just played a game with Bayern against Barca. Using Game Plan, I positioned Ribery and Robben against the touchline and instructed my team to sit back, absorb pressure and hit Barca on the break. Ended up winning 0-1 thanks to a superb Ribery curler, it's a damn shame my phone camera is so poor. Might have to buy a capture card.

Played 2 games. Once as Barca, once as Munich. Both -1 speed.

First time I've played PES since 2008 (at least I think it was 2008 - first PES on NG anyway) other than the demos of 2009 and 2010 (was so unimpressed with those that I didn't buy the full game)

I think I will be buying PES 2011 tho. On either (or both) on Xbox or PC. Can't stand the PS3 controller.

First off tho a couple of gripes.

- Don't like the camera view. I prefer to see most of the pitch, plus it's too top down for my tastes. Hopefully the full game will have more than 2 camera options?
- The game is in need of some serious anti aliasing. Zaggedy edges galore.
- Lack of freedom when it comes to latching on to a pass. For instance when I play it down the wing into space I can't maneuvre my player onto the ball. He's on rails. Pretty disappointing. Really shows up when A defender get's there infront of me. You can't really second guess which way the defender is going to turn - nor can you make the defender turn left/right by closing him down from the right/left....
Oh well, my bro has just walked through the door. Time for some 2 player. Will finish off later :P

Last edited:
This game is bloody good. Is it as good as Pes5/6?. Well for me to even think that it might be speaks volumes. It takes a lot of getting used to, and Im not even close but PES 2011 is definitely the successor to PES6

YouTube - Messi Magic

My best goal today.

Back
Top Bottom