PES 2010 Full game Q&A

Can't access any edit sections on the version I have, might be my 360 though rather than the code, will check when I have the Ps3 version...

Konami Stadium
Anfied
Old Trafford
Wembley Stadium
Santiago Bernabeu
Estadio Do Dragao
Estadio Jose Alvalade
Estadio Da Luz
Amsterdam Arena
El Monumental
Saitama Stadium 2002
Stade De France
Stade Louis II
Estadio Amazonas
Bristol Mary Stadium
Estadio De Palenque
Mohamed Lewis Stadium
Ville Marie Stadium
Giuseppe Meazza
San Siro
Stadio Olimpico

Obviously there will be more stadiums, Camp Nou is missing etc... can´t believe they would take out Allianz, Rasunda, Torino... KONAMI you lazy losers...

Hi All,

Well I've been lucky enough to get my hands on the 360 review code of PES 2010, and will also have the PS3 code sometime next week.

I'm sure a lot of you are like I was, eager to know exactly what to expect from the full game - especially after the rather disappointing demo.

The code is pretty much exactly the same as the full game (although can't seem to edit players/teams in this version - the option is greyed out). However, the rest is all there.

Im sure a lot of you are eager to see if certain things have been changed, added, etc. So with that in mind, I'm happy to answer any questions you guys have here.

Just post away and I'll let u know what I can.

NOTE: If Evo-Web are under any sort of NDA from Konami (I'm not under any NDA personally, but I know some sites are) then please feel free to close the thread - people can PM me if they want answers - otherwise, post away! :)

Do you think all three versions will be the same (including PC?)

I have some questions:

1. Have you heard any away fans chants in the game? Away fans are an important part of a football match's atmosphere. I know it doesn't matter too much with Konami's chants because they're rubbish anyway, but on the PC, it matters a lot because of the chantspacks that will become available.

2. Can you still put 'yourself' in the game in BaL (import a photo)? That was the best thing about BaL!

3. Does the 'shoot' button clear the ball properly now and has the throughball been fixed (in the demo, you had to hold it down for quite a while to get any sort of purchase on the ball)/

4. Has the players' running speed been increased a little? They all seemed to run a bit slowly in the demo.

5. Are the keepers fixed?

Firstly, why any of you would think I'd have nothing better to do with my time than "pretend" to have the code is beyond me... But if you want to think that, so be it - i'm not really that bothered, those who want answers to your questions I'll carry on. If you don't believe I have it, just don't bother posting - quite simple :)

With regards to the transfers - yes you are right, the transfers aren't totally up to date. In all honesty, I don't actually follow every single transfer in the football world. From what I can tell, Real Madrid have the likes of Ronaldo, etc - so I assumed it was up to date.

1. Are crowd sound effects better??

1. Have you heard any away fans chants in the game? Away fans are an important part of a football match's atmosphere. I know it doesn't matter too much with Konami's chants because they're rubbish anyway, but on the PC, it matters a lot because of the chantspacks that will become available.

Urm, Yes and no. I think they sound a bit more rounded, but the away fans still seem non-existent when you score a goal. Chants are still a bit dull also and only seem to be home teams.

2. Are the nets better than the demo?

Honestly, I haven't noticed either way...

3.has the auto tackle/clearance been eradicated??

Not sure what you mean? I assume you mean when you hold X or Square the AI goes sliding in and gives away a foul/penalty. Either way, yes that's been removed.

4. are refs a bit more tolerant?

Yes refs are good. They seem to allow play to run a lot more. Also if you slide in and get the ball, 9 times out of 10 he won't call it - whereas before you almost felt a bit worried that you'd give a penalty away, even if you got the ball.

5.are the graphics exactly the same as the demo or more polished??

Seem pretty much the same to me.

Do you think all three versions will be the same (including PC?)

No idea - will be able to compare PS3 and 360 when I get the PS3 code.

2. Can you still put 'yourself' in the game in BaL (import a photo)? That was the best thing about BaL!

I'll check tomorrow.

3. Does the 'shoot' button clear the ball properly now and has the throughball been fixed (in the demo, you had to hold it down for quite a while to get any sort of purchase on the ball)/

Yes through ball seems to be fine - Shoot button cleans the ball in the box / deep defense. I personally didnt notice any problem in the demo, but seems fine in this version.

4. Has the players' running speed been increased a little? They all seemed to run a bit slowly in the demo.

Yes the game runs quicker than the demo.

5. Are the keepers fixed?

Keepers don't fumble the ball much, and if they do they are quite quick to pounce on it.

As for those saying I'm just being positive, here's a negative I spotted: The ball does seem to "ping" about a bit - more than before.

Especially playing 2 players on the same team or more, or if you have the tactical sliders to have players support quite close, the game can get quite cramped and you do end up with 3-4 players squashing together, then the ball pinging around and it flopping out. Does bring a few lucky goals. However, it's not major, and doesn't happen that much.

Russellclow.. Thanks for your help! It is ruly appreciated!

A couple of questions if you dont mind?

Ive always liked the little additions made to the we/pes series and was so frustrated when they removed em in later versions :BRICK:

So..

1. Is there a star next to the man of the match on the player ratings screen at the end of the match..? or maybe a new man of the match caption?

2. Does the ref play advantages then book players after the ball goes out of play?

3. Is there anything new that you have noticed (like the things above)?

PEACE!

Hi,

Are all the rumoured international teams playable? I ask because there seems to be a great increase in the number of international teams this year (from what I've read from various sources), but I'm skeptical that a lot of them may be unplayable Cup Mode teams like Konami has done in the past (like in the WC qualifying mode). I certainly hope that you're able to use those lesser teams this time around.

Thats nice to hear they havent removed the importance of that feature. I seriously miss the arrows on the demo's. Glad to hear they have made the difference more noticable. It begs the question though, what does the 'Form' number attribute in the stats now add to this equation ?

Form is just the same thing as condition used to be. It has nothing to do with arrows, it's a capability to keep stamina high while playing many games in a row. Plus players with higher condition/form regain fitness faster, be it an injury or a big number of consecutive tough games played.

Form is just the same thing as condition used to be. It has nothing to do with arrows, it's a capability to keep stamina high while playing many games in a row. Plus players with higher condition/form regain fitness faster, be it an injury or a big number of consecutive tough games played.

Thankyou. :SAL:

Edit - I have just been thinking. I can totally appreciate the concept of how the Form attribute works in the Master-League over the condition arrows. As I guess it alters depending on your fitness coach etc. But how would the Form attribute work in a simple player v player match ? Currently the Red Arrow's for example not only give you better stamina, they also increase the players all round game. But in an Exhibition mode, will the Form number just be randomly generated as the condition arrows currently are now ?

Last edited:
i'm looking forward to pro as much as the next man

are there more player faces for the non-fashionable teams? i.e not the so called big four in the prem

what about different crossing-types in the controller-settings?
are type 1,2,3,4 and 5 are still in the game like in pes 2009?

Last edited:
Thankyou. :SAL:

Edit - I have just been thinking. I can totally appreciate the concept of how the Form attribute works in the Master-League over the condition arrows. As I guess it alters depending on your fitness coach etc. But how would the Form attribute work in a simple player v player match ? Currently the Red Arrow's for example not only give you better stamina, they also increase the players all round game. But in an Exhibition mode, will the Form number just be randomly generated as the condition arrows currently are now ?

Form is only for longer series of games like ML or Cups/Competitions. It doesn't affect sole matches. Arrows on the other hand are more of a psychological aspect of the game and they affect single games as well as other modes.

2. Does the ref play advantages then book players after the ball goes out of play?

I can't say I've noticed it, but it doesn't mean it's not there. Was this taken out of PES 2009 though? I'm sure I remember it happening.

3. Is there anything new that you have noticed (like the things above)?

I think it happened in PES 2009 also, but I've noticed it more this time: In Champions league, the entire in-game graphics seem to be reskinned. Even stuff like the score popping up when you score a goal, the time/score in the corner, etc is all reskinned for the champs league, and looks authentic - which is nice.

The community feature is quite cool also. It allows you to have a group of your friends all join a "group" or community. From there, you can set up 1-vs-1 online matches, or multi-matches, which is obviously more than one player on a team.

You can also organize tournaments/cups/leagues within the community. It's just quite nicely arranged. Meaning organizing games between your mates online, or between websites/clans (e.g. Evo-Web forum members could all be in a community together), is pretty simple, and nicely thought out.

Other new things: Mark Lawrenson sticks his downy voice in a bit more. Before he'd only comment maybe once or twice a match, but now he seems to have a say a little more. Commentary still isn't great, but it does seem to give a slightly more rounded outlook on the game, player names are mentioned more, and it doesn't sound quite as bad as it did. Lawrenson is still quite monotone / sounds like he's reading from a piece of paper though.

As for the master league questions, I've not had a chance to test it out yet fully yet, so not had a chance to see if you can swap teams, etc - will try and find out and let u know.

Do you know if its possible to swap teams in master league?

Are Newcastle in it?

:))

Typical Mag arrogance!

Yes, Newcastle are such a big club that Konami have decided to break from tradition and change their policy of only including top league clubs so as to include them in the game as an exception.;)

Last edited:
i'm looking forward to pro as much as the next man

are there more player faces for the non-fashionable teams? i.e not the so called big four in the prem

I'd also like to know this.

Does this give the question higher priority now there are two of us asking?

Form is only for longer series of games like ML or Cups/Competitions. It doesn't affect sole matches. Arrows on the other hand are more of a psychological aspect of the game and they affect single games as well as other modes.

Brilliant, thats cleared that up mate. Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated. ;)

Hi,

Are all the rumoured international teams playable? I ask because there seems to be a great increase in the number of international teams this year (from what I've read from various sources), but I'm skeptical that a lot of them may be unplayable Cup Mode teams like Konami has done in the past (like in the WC qualifying mode). I certainly hope that you're able to use those lesser teams this time around.

Is Bosnia and Herzegovina inn a game?

Yes all the international teams that have been rumored are there, and playable, such as Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Mali, Honduras, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Syria, UAE and Uzbekistan to name the ones I can spot.

Are Newcastle in it?

Nope sorry they don't seem to be there!

are type 1,2,3,4 and 5 are still in the game like in pes 2009?

Yes there's still 5 cross types, B/Circle (High cross), B x2 (low cross), Bx3 (cross along the ground), B + RT/R2 (High arc), B + LB/L1 (Early Cross).

Yeah there does seem to be more faces for the smaller teams. It's quite evident who is who when the camera pans across the players faces. If there's anyone specific you wanted to know if they look real or not let me know and I'll take a look (let me know the team they play for too).

Hi Russell,

Great stuff with the thread mate!

Was wondering if you could talk a bit about Become a Legend mode and if there have been any noticeable changes/improvements since last year?

One thing I was hoping you could find out is whether there are division 2’s in BAL, or is it just 4 or 5 division 1 leagues with no relegation involved?

any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi russell,

New on the evo-web boards... but i have a few Q's for you:

1. Earlier you posted "response times are improved since demo"... are you referring to the PES2010 demo or the WE2010 demo?? How well do the response time feel? This (to me) can be a real game-breaker... not that i won't buy PES 2010; cause i most defenitely will!

2. What are the stats of Robin van Persie in PES2010? IMO up until now he is the only 'big gun' that is underrated... and could you check the stats from Balotelli too?

3. On what level do you play? On Top Player or on Super Star (is it in?)... and how well are you doing?

THX in advance!

Will we be able to edit the crowds flags and banners? (I know you said you could not go into edit mode, but have you heard anything?)

I've managed to get into the editing bit - seems I just hadn't signed into my profile so it wasn't able to save anything to HDD, therefore it was greyed out.

I can't see any options to edit the crowds, or any international flags/banners.

Can you add your own face on BAL

Can't find the exact question, but I know someone asked this - and the answer is yes, you can use the XBOX LIVE Vision to add your own face - and I assume the same can be said for the PS3 version.

Was wondering if you could talk a bit about Become a Legend mode and if there have been any noticeable changes/improvements since last year?

I didn't really play the feature on PES 2009, but I'll tell you what I can see from this version:

You start as a young player, and instantly the game tells you that a few other clubs are scouting you, specifically in your upcoming game - as you're a potential up and coming young talent.

After playing the first game, it then gives you three clubs that wish to sign you (you select the league you wanted to be part of before, e.g. premiership, ligue 1, etc.

Champs League, Europa League, League and Cup are in BAL.

When you go to play the first game, you get put into a training match vs your teams reserves, which gives you a chance to shine. You have to keep playing these training matches until you impress enough to get on the bench for a match.

Each game, stats go up depending on how you play, etc.

One thing I was hoping you could find out is whether there are division 2’s in BAL, or is it just 4 or 5 division 1 leagues with no relegation involved?

Doesn't seem to be no, just main leagues.

1. Earlier you posted "response times are improved since demo"... are you referring to the PES2010 demo or the WE2010 demo?? How well do the response time feel? This (to me) can be a real game-breaker... not that i won't buy PES 2010; cause i most defenitely will!

Both. The game is very fluid and more responsive than both demos.

2. What are the stats of Robin van Persie in PES2010? IMO up until now he is the only 'big gun' that is underrated... and could you check the stats from Balotelli too?

Van Persie: Seems to be mostly in the high 80's with a few 90's on shot power, swerve, aggression and attack.

Got quite a few player cards, including Passer, Incisive run, 1 touch play, outside curve.

Just a note on the editing: You can add up to 11 player cards to any of the players, so can edit what they are good at, etc.

3. On what level do you play? On Top Player or on Super Star (is it in?)... and how well are you doing?

Super star isn't on the english version for some reason, not sure if you can unlock it, can't see it anywhere. I play on Top Player - I'm a pretty good player. The game plays quite differently to PES 2009, so still early days. if I'm playing a top team, I get a good run for my money.

Thanks for the information and answers mate. shame about a lack of relegation in BAL, but it's not the end of the world.

Superstar difficulty isn't in the game? I thought it was going to be in the eng version as well?

Well it's not there from what I can see. It might be unlockable like the classic teams/players?

Russellclow, please can you make a video to show the game rhythm??

many people are worried about the rhythm being too fast

Russell, you are a Legend. :WORSHIP:

Thanks for taking the time with all the questions. It's much appreciated. It's an Evo-Web exclusive. Which is nice. :DANCE:

Last edited:
Yeah there does seem to be more faces for the smaller teams. It's quite evident who is who when the camera pans across the players faces. If there's anyone specific you wanted to know if they look real or not let me know and I'll take a look (let me know the team they play for too).

Great stuff. If it's not too much trouble I'd like to know if there are decent faces for a few of Sunderland's more famous players (I know, I know): Kenwyne Jones, Darren Bent, Steed Malbranque, Lorik Cana, Lee Cattermole, Kieran Richardson etc.

Checks on any of the above would be fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom