PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

I love the game. After editing my PC version I have a great PES and I prefere to play it rather than FIFA. Even if FIFA is very good, I strangly have more pleasure to play PES.
But still PES have very bad points.

Referee : After one full master league season I had 0 PK. NEVER NEVER any fault had been blown by the referee. Even big tackles from behind into the legs of my strickers are strangly ignored.I was even wondering if I disabled PK in any option of the game by any mistake.
It's really incredible. No way to have one.
Advantage rule is gone. As always from Konami one step forward and two steps backward. I don't know why they took off this very important football rule.
A.I for offsides is very bad as always. Counter shoot's balls are blown as offside.
Globaly arbitration is very bad because doesn't exist.

Lot of others bad points, but this is the one I was really shocked about that I wanted to post here.
But I still love it.

jflores, thanks for the supercancel advices, will give them a try... those are the kind of posts that add to conversation...

RT is R2 on PS3.

hey mate im not getting the tricks. What button settings are you using? I use rb and it slows me down and allows precise turns but i cant do tricks? I try rb and the right stick and it just does the manual pass.. do I need to switch the trick button to the right stick and manual to lb or something?

Just use the left stick, and use R2 to bring the ball into your feet then you can pull off alot of tricks from that. There are plenty of trick tutorials on Youtube.

I'm not into tricks so much man. I rarely use them. I mostly play simple pass and exploit holes for counters or set ups outside the box to get shots off. What I really use is the super-cancel to get off rails and have full control of my player on the run and on the turn. RB+RT allows my players to push the ball further with a burst of speed allowing my players, based on their attributes, to move freely and quicker at opportune times. Basically, I can break away with a burst of speed realistically with Eto', messi, C. Ronaldo, from any spot on the field if given the time and space to do so using the super-cancel technique. This game allows me to play any way I want...slow, or fast paced.

Has anybody seen these before? There was online maintenance the past few days.

2009.11.04 Server Problem

We regret to inform our customers that as of 14:30 (GMT) on 04/11/2009, there have been reported difficulties accessing our servers. We are currently working to fix the issue and will update you accordingly. We would like to apologise for all inconveniences caused in the meantime.

2009.11.04 Emergency Maintenance

Emergency Network Maintenance will be held during the below times: 21:00 - 23:00 04/11/2009(GMT) Please note that the Online Service will be suspended during these times and maintenance may be extended if required. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

2009.11.04 Maintenance Extended

Owing to unforeseen circumstances, maintenance time has been extended.
We would like to apologise for all inconvenience caused and ask customers to kindly wait until service resumes.

2009.11.05 Emergency Maintenance Completed

We are glad to inform our customers that maintenance work on our servers were completed at 02:30 on 05/11/2009 (GMT).
We also would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Anyone notice anything? Has this improved online?

Anyone with the PC version MUST try the game speeder by Juce kitserver....Its just another game alltoghether....

I have this game now beautifully patched (PC) and it looks amazing. The gameplay and presentation is the best PES for me ever...................love it.

Not touched FIFA since this hit my rig:COOL:

Right, I've delved into the stat editing business again because I think speed needs to be reduced to a realistic pace. After fiddling about quite a few good times and experiencing changes in exhibition matches, I've reached the perfect formula for me. All I did was reduce 10 points for Top speed, Acceleration, Dribble speed, Short pass speed, & Long pass speed.

Picked 2 pacy teams imo, Arsenal v Chelsea and played all my games with them while editing stats till I got it just about right. It felt much more realistic to me, the pace of the whole game felt great, just like I'm watching it on tv. Also the ball speed felt much better. I could play a much better game now due to more defense/midfield area challenges, and even the ball bobbled about nicely.

Right, I've delved into the stat editing business again because I think speed needs to be reduced to a realistic pace. After fiddling about quite a few good times and experiencing changes in exhibition matches, I've reached the perfect formula for me. All I did was reduce 10 points for Top speed, Acceleration, Dribble speed, Short pass speed, & Long pass speed.

Picked 2 pacy teams imo, Arsenal v Chelsea and played all my games with them while editing stats till I got it just about right. It felt much more realistic to me, the pace of the whole game felt great, just like I'm watching it on tv. Also the ball speed felt much better. I could play a much better game now due to more defense/midfield area challenges, and even the ball bobbled about nicely.

Thanks Lami

Dose this then need to be done for every player:CONFUSE: if it makes a more realistic experience then it has to be done;)

Thanks for the feedback matey.

I'm going to try an OF tonight and see if that does anything for me, but as of yet, i'm not convinced by the Xbox PES2010 version. To me, it feels very clunky and there are many times where it seems even the computer (programming/physics etc) doesn't quite know what it is doing, resulting in bizarre occurences. In addition and rather worrying to me, i don't quite feel that player individuality, that i do with the PS2 versions. I feel slightly removed from it all.

As some might know, i'm a fan of the PS2 versions and i played some PES6 (PS2) last night and it's just superb in comparison. I will likely play a PS2 version again this season (still waiting for my 2010 copy), be it the latest one or PES5/6.

Thanks Lami

Dose this then need to be done for every player:CONFUSE: if it makes a more realistic experience then it has to be done;)

Thanks for the feedback matey.

Yep. Time consuming, I know, but certainly worth it. Try it with 2 pacy teams first like I did. See if it changes anything. I tried reducing 30 points first but the game became too slow, ball bobbled way too much. Maybe that should be fine for lower teams and which in turn shows the difference between lesser and better players, but for the bigger teams the pace was slow, & players felt way too heavy.

Then tried reducing 20 points, bit better but still felt something is missing, then kept reducing til I got to 10 and that felt just perfect.

Top teams will feel like their real life counterparts and when going to lesser ones you will feel the difference.

I felt the need to do this because when I played with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Barca, Real, the game felt awkward. Felt like a rushed game and not realistically pacy. Then when playing with lesser teams like Sunderland, Burnley, etc the game pace felt better, eventhough still fast for the lesser teams imo. So thought the game pace I experienced with the lesser teams should be felt with the bigger teams and lesser ones be slower.

Now, for me, everything feels right in place.

Try it and see for yourself. I'd like to know what someone else thinks of this and if they do see the same differences I do.

Also after you're done playing with 2 top teams, try playing with 2 much lesser ones :)

Last edited:
there are many times where it seems even the computer (programming/physics etc) doesn't quite know what it is doing, resulting in bizarre occurences. In addition and rather worrying to me, i don't quite feel that player individuality, that i do with the PS2 versions. I feel slightly removed from it all.

Exactly what I felt. That is why I decided to fiddle with the stats and check if it does anything. To me it did. Have you tried reducing the speed stats?

I agree with you Prof that the player individuality is less outspoken than in the PS2 versions....yesterday evening i played FIFA and yes it has the better gameplay, what a shame it has it's flaws too...

I like this game alot. I do think the cpu is too fast... but when i have the ball it is not so bad.. waiting for a USA xbox 360 patch.. might be wishful thinking

I agree with you Prof that the player individuality is less outspoken than in the PS2 versions....yesterday evening i played FIFA and yes it has the better gameplay, what a shame it has it's flaws too...
vs the cpu i think fifa is horrible. Vs a mate or vs two mates its pretty again. I think PES is excellent against the cpu.. Im enjoying it.

exacly , another proof how pes is bad compare with Fifa10. Online/1vs1 and with ai (custom tactics) fifa10 destroys Pes10 this year.Simply Fifa10 gameplay , physics , animations and not plastic graphics( pes10 -not natural lighting ) is much better in Fifa10.Just bothers me MM in Fifa10 :R1

I can not forget reaction of my friends(pes fanboys) having played Fifa10. ,, I do not touch more pes , this game amazing '' , ,, omg pes is tottaly fail compare with this Fifa ,, , ,, no more boring pes ,,

Back
Top Bottom