PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

Jimmy G-Force

Resident PES Fanman
13 April 2003
Newcastle
Middlesbrough F.C.
pes2010.gif

Well after the last thread was somehow lost in cyberspace :CONFUSE: here is another for everyone to give their impressions, good or bad ;) on Konami's latest annual installment. Thankfully I pick my copy up for the Xbox 360 this afternoon, just in time for our weekly lads night tonight :BOP:

I didnt want to pre-order it, just in case the postal strike screwed up the delivery and I didnt have it for tonight, when the game will receive it's acid test with my long-time PES loving mates in the new Community Mode. ;)

I'll be putting my money where my mouth is on Friday as well when I pick up a PS3 slim with a PES 2010 bundle. I just hope it's worth it.......

Last edited:
Got this game yesterday, and i must say its great. I played pro 8 & 9 even though they were poor, but finally Konami has taken a big step towards the right direction. It has flaws, but which game doesn't. I will be very happy to play this for a year.

I'm hoping to pick it up today though i'm resigned till tomorrow. I'm going to ignore BAL this year and concentrate on Master League.

We should also get teh PES enthusiasts organised for some kind of online tournament with a team rating limit so pure football can be enjoyed:))

Last edited by a moderator:
It is mate. I got Forza yesterday as well and I haven't even played it yet! I couldn't get off PES yesterday.

I like the sound of that Jamez. I have the full day off work tomorrow, and the girlfriend has been pre-warned. :LOL:

Looking forward to getting reacquainted with the Playstation pad after a 2 year hiatus, and getting stuck right into this new Master League, tactics sliders and all. :BOP:

I like the sound of that Jamez. I have the full day off work tomorrow, and the girlfriend has been pre-warned. :LOL:

Looking forward to getting reacquainted with the Playstation pad after a 2 year hiatus, and getting stuck right into this new Master League, tactics sliders and all. :BOP:

I've spent half the time in the edit mode, though.:))

I have a strange love of editing.

Hi, can someone with the full game answer 2 questions :))

1. Is the 'automatic piece setting' function gone?
2. Is the development curve still present in ML?

Great iteration of PES, only had the opportunity for a couple of hours play so far, but I'm really liking what I've played so far.
The only flaws I've been able to pick out so far are the normal mode is just too easy (I usually start with that to get a feel for the game when a new one is out), plus Torres is the new Adriano by the look of it.
Great game though, it even seems that a few FIFA defectees are being tempted back, so Seabass is definitley on the right track with this.

I'm still struggling with the game, but I'm holding my judgment. For now the small things are what drives me mad (no untucked shirts on wide cam, no possibility to freely decide who gets ahead for corners, apparently no more options for manual crosses).
If only I had a Xbox360...

On Top Player the CPU up the pace of the game too a unrealistic tempo and play ping pong passes but on Professional their tempo is a lot better and play a slower game.

I've had some good games and some not so good games, I've seen plenty of good things but an equal amount of bad things. The individuality is well done and the tactics are my new best friend. Just waiting now the for the OF/squad update tomorrow so that I can start editing and start a ML.

EDIT: One thing that really annoys me is when you kick off and the two players suddenly spring into life, it all happens too fast and ruins the kick off in that aspect.

Last edited:
I have the PS3 version.

First impression is that this is a much better game than the last two releases.

It feels like it’s the natural evolution of the game that should have taken place when the series moved to next generation consoles and looks more like real football than any game that has been released to date.

The gameplay is a lot better than the demo. The players move and respond much better and the opposition seem to be more intelligent than in previous versions, though sometimes the short passing seems a little fast.

I have played various games for about 3 hours last night on top player and each was different depending who I was playing with and against. If you play against one of the top teams with a smaller club the opposition can have the ball quite a lot of the time and pass the ball around well, which is great as its realistic and should happen if your playing a better team on the hardest setting.

When playing as equally balanced teams this rarely happens though and as you get to grips with the new tactics and sliders, I was getting more of the possession than I would have wanted and the game seemed to get easier, though this may be down to some teams being a little too easy to play against in top player, Italy seemed far too easy to beat.

Graphically the game can look totally different depending on what stadium, teams and time of day you are playing. That might sound obvious, but they have put so much work into the lighting between day and afternoon that the game can look a lot better if played in certain stadiums at one time of day to another. On my TV Wembley looked excellent at day, but when played in the afternoon it didn’t look as good, but then playing in the stadio olympico at day with England and Italy wearing their simple white and blue strips at day, the game looked too bright and rendered a lot of the detail invisible and make it look very basic.

Playing stadiums with shadows on the pitch at the right time of day can look amazing.

The commentary is the same as last years and the chants seem the same too, but there is the addition of being able to add 8 chants per team, which is a massive bonus as playing previous patched version of the game on the PC with chant patches installed creates a much better atmosphere and I can’t wait to get this set up for the PS3

You seem to need more time to be able to use the finesse shot, but where you can, use it and it works well. Free kicks seem a little easier and on my first attempt to do it, I chipped a keeper.

So far it’s looking very good and I am sure with some editing, this game can be quality.

I have the PS3 version.

First impression is that this is a much better game than the last two releases.

It feels like it’s the natural evolution of the game that should have taken place when the series moved to next generation consoles and looks more like real football than any game that has been released to date.

The gameplay is a lot better than the demo. The players move and respond much better and the opposition seem to be more intelligent than in previous versions, though sometimes the short passing seems a little fast.

I have played various games for about 3 hours last night on top player and each was different depending who I was playing with and against. If you play against one of the top teams with a smaller club the opposition can have the ball quite a lot of the time and pass the ball around well, which is great as its realistic and should happen if your playing a better team on the hardest setting.

When playing as equally balanced teams this rarely happens though and as you get to grips with the new tactics and sliders, I was getting more of the possession than I would have wanted and the game seemed to get easier, though this may be down to some teams being a little too easy to play against in top player, Italy seemed far too easy to beat.

Graphically the game can look totally different depending on what stadium, teams and time of day you are playing. That might sound obvious, but they have put so much work into the lighting between day and afternoon that the game can look a lot better if played in certain stadiums at one time of day to another. On my TV Wembley looked excellent at day, but when played in the afternoon it didn’t look as good, but then playing in the stadio olympico at day with England and Italy wearing their simple white and blue strips at day, the game looked too bright and rendered a lot of the detail invisible and make it look very basic.

Playing stadiums with shadows on the pitch at the right time of day can look amazing.

The commentary is the same as last years and the chants seem the same too, but there is the addition of being able to add 8 chants per team, which is a massive bonus as playing previous patched version of the game on the PC with chant patches installed creates a much better atmosphere and I can’t wait to get this set up for the PS3

You seem to need more time to be able to use the finesse shot, but where you can, use it and it works well. Free kicks seem a little easier and on my first attempt to do it, I chipped a keeper.

So far it’s looking very good and I am sure with some editing, this game can be quality.

Nice review, you have me chomping at the bit. The chants are one of the main reasons I'm investing in a PS3. :BOP:

After 2 days non stop playing the full PC version of PES 2010 .. I'm generally disappointed .PES lost the most powerful part : Freedom of dribbling .
Yes , freedom of movement, accurate response is gone. After about 10 games you are bored by clumsy dribbling and slow reactions of players . The whole time you feel a weight that makes you feel uncomfortable and not on the ground . In most cases you never know when a player will react and how or you know that will be slow or to late.
Yes , response time is much better that from the demo but not to much and may be the problem is not only there .
Yes , i win CL mode on top player , i win World Cup and European Cup ,but for the first time in PES game , I don't felt happy and I don't wish to continue .

Last edited:
After playing about 7 games full version pc :

Better then i expected i have to admit. I didnt like the demo, but this game is different.

Throughballs are much better. Low ones that is. The high ones look ridiculous.
In general the game is much smoother then the demo, feels good
Defending is harder, at least for me. I'm a pretty good defender on pes6, this is not so easy.
Shooting somehow takes longer, something to do with animations perhaps? Not exactly a button lag, but in general i feel it takes too long to get the shot away. Maybe just some adjustment is needed.

The super cancel looks very bad. If thats the correct name, i mean pressing shoot and then pass. In this game the player goes and stand next to the ball, it looks ridiculous.

Lighting??? What were they thinking. The right side of the pitch is so bright you need sunglasses. Chimps said it very well that it depends on the stadium and circumstances however. Day/summer/fine is too bright.
Crowds??? again what were they thinking. Its the same chant over and over again. Makes you sick listening to it. I know it can be patched and that you can add your own chants, but i'm now judging the game out of the box.

And patching...this game needs a LOT.

I know i'm spoiled having 800 stadiums in my kitserver on pes6. I should judge this game based on an unpatched pes6.

Anyway, my 3 games in the dutch league, playing as Ajax were win, draw, win. Seemed not too difficult on professional level. So, i decided to try out the champions league. Me being Real Madrid (i couldnt find Bayern???).
Played my 1st game against Olympique Marseille.

Wow, what a difference....i got killed on professional level. They beat me 4-0. Only chance i had was a Ronaldo freekick on the crossbar.

In the end i dont know what to think about this game. Some things are good, some are irritating. At this moment i doubt it can hold my attention as long as pes6 did.
It depends fully on the online mode being good or not.

If i read good reviews about online here ill definately buy the game ;)

Why do people compare the game to PES6? Things have evolved and changed since then. That was a long time ago.

It's like comparing the current Brazil team to the one from the 1970's. Sure, one is more current, fluid and full of flair, but the other is ultimately looked at as one of the greatest teams of all time.

Stop living in the past. It's time to move on.

Or don't. Whatever, really.

I love the 1970 Brazil team.

Th game is better than the last two versions, but FIFA is better gameplaywise...i've been playing quite a lot BAL and that is something that i really like...
Haven't tried the ML yet.

Why do people compare the game to PES6? Things have evolved and changed since then. That was a long time ago.

It's like comparing the current Brazil team to the one from the 1970's. Sure, one is more current, fluid and full of flair, but the other is ultimately looked at as one of the greatest teams of all time.

Stop living in the past. It's time to move on.

Or don't. Whatever, really.

My thoughts arent as deep as yours :P
I compare it to pes6, cause i still play that. I cant help comparing.
With Konami the 1st 2 games after pes6 have not evolved, thats why i still play pes6.

I'm still undecided as to how evolved the game is. I think its logical to compare it to pes6.
Could be me though

It seems pretty obvious that given the yearly nature of sport titles you compare the last one to the one/s you believe to be the best. Which is not necessarily the one from the year before.

WE9lek was the finest pes for me so i will be comparing any other pes to that one untill i find a game that can beat that beauty.

Each to their own. It's what discussion and debate is all about :))

I'm assuming the sound effects haven't changed a bit from the demo? Still got the "blowing into a fish" whistle noise, I guess?

As for the editing, it's certainly one of Pro Evo's strongest assets. I used to spend hours detailing and editing. It was only when the patching and Option File's online became available that I stopped. Ahh, I did enjoy my chipped PS2 and the rigmarole of creating a patched PES2008 with custom chants and updated balls/boots/stadia. Brilliant memories.

It's just a shame I can't recreate that now with the XBox360, which is one of the reasons why I've been pushed away from PES over the last couple of years. The editing isn't on the same level as the PS, sadly.

My review after 10 games

First of all excuse me for my english i am from belgium so :)

My feelings about the game are......

Graphics
9/10

Dont have got to say anything about just that they are gorgeous. Very realistic faces etc... kits are great (but i am waiting for an option file :) )

Sound
7,5 / 10
Better then previous versions. I like the fact that you are now able to put 8 chants for every team ; Very good addition. I also think that the commentary is better then last year because they give very precise commentary. The supporters chants are also not bad and when you score it s a great sound . Also the fact that supporters when you play at home are cheering you on and you sometimes hear the oppisite supporters .

Gameplay 8/10
The most important part for me then :)

Passing and shooting are really converted when you compare it to the previous version. It feel very fluid when you play on top player (i like top player because the pace of the game is then a little bit faster) . The GK Ai is till now on very good , i read about the bugs that te keeper falls over the ball with a long pass but i didnt experience this bug yet. (Hope it stays that way). Scoring a goal is really great , it keeps you out of your seat when you hit a banger from 30 yards with gerrard or pirlo. I yesterday evening played a match between real madrid and milan. I was milan and won with 3-4 . I scored also 2 goals with pirlo that were very similar to the ones irl yesterday :) from out of the box , the way of shooting was exactly the same . I will post the goals later.

I had a quick look at the other modes too for example master leaugue one word : beautiful. I didn t play it yet but the surroundings are really great. (didnt play it because i am waiting for an option file from wenb or gtmproworld.tk .

My final score for this beauty footy is 8/10 , 8,5 / 10 .

So guys if you even like a litte pes , you should really buy this game .
My only problem i have got is that i wont buy the next pes 11 because i don t think that you can explore all modes quite thirly in one year otherwise

greetings and hope you guys enjoyed my review of my first 10 games

PES TILL I DIE , THe KING IS REALLY BACK

I'm really enjoying it and after playing FIFA 10 I can say I will be selling FIFA 10!

Shooting is much better and feels so much better, the only thing that is annoying me is the negotiations in Masterleague, all you do is select the player you want and your scout does the rest, rubbish!

Once an option file is up and running it will be a whole lot better but that is just cosmetic, apart from that thumbs up from me

I'm assuming the PS3 has the advantage over the 360 as regards to downloading patches/option files etc?

Massively Scutch, it is possible on the Xbox 360 even if it isnt 'flashed'. You need the data cable though (£5) and a memory card. But you still cant have the chants.

the only thing that is annoying me is the negotiations in Masterleague, all you do is select the player you want and your scout does the rest, rubbish!

You can take control yourself if you wish. You dont have to use your Scout.

Last edited:
My friend was dumb enough to trust Konami again and bought PES2010 so I had opportunity to check retail code (PS3)

And it's a pretty good game if you focus on singleplayer only, response times are better than in demo, so it's finally playable, but for me it lacks (pun) evolution, graphics and Champions League are superb but there's nothing new really (apart from new dumb tricks, all of them executed on dpad rofl)

It's good but I expected more.

And I didn't buy it because I knew online will blow (after demo test), and after playing couple games online in retail it's confirmed as disaster : 1second delay with whatever I do, so I push the button ... ... ... reaction. There is no control over what you do, it's a more of a guessing game because of lag. Thanks but no thanks Konami.

Overall :
singleplayer : 7/10
online : 1/10

Maybe next year Retardbass.

Back
Top Bottom