PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

Although the afternoon lighting on some generic stadiums is hurting my eyes :D

I turn this negative into a positive. I just think it's like playing in real life into the sun. There is nothing worse than that, you cant wait for half-time so you have the sun behind you. :LOL:

Very strange. I see it the other way round to be honest. The 360 has better response times and is more fluid, the PS3 has sharper graphics and plays slower for me. But better.

That's freaking strange mate. It's like they switched them around for us in the states. I would much rather prefer the sharper luscious graphics and ps3 controller, however the ps3 version is just too darn fast and unrealistic in my opinion.

Either way, I am enjoying this game to pieces (360 version), and this only in exhibition. Haven't tried online, and ML jus yet.

Can't wait to get home and play.

what version mate?

I have noticed that the ps3 has better lighting than the 360. Especially on day games.

PS3 version. I was Milan, away at Lazio. It looked that good, i'm debating whether to start a new Master League so i get it as my default stadium!

Can anyone answer this please..im thinking about giving this game a go..i must admit I like FIFA a lot but fancy having this too.

Just a couple of questions is there a closer camera to wide long as in the demo? Also I play manual on FIFA and like spreading the ball with the long ball. I tried to do this in the PES demo, play from right touch to left touchline by holding the long ball and pressing down but it kicked it straight to my center forward..is there a way in the full version to give you more control with long passes..i seem to recall in the older Pro Evo's you could change crosses and such but the option isn't there in the demo

thanks

just cross as u did, theyre deleted this option
game kinda knows what type ur crossing, its auto

and manual pass is on right stick, whit holding down L1 high manual pass
but u can do long balls whit long ball button too sometimes its better coz faster

That's freaking strange mate. It's like they switched them around for us in the states. I would much rather prefer the sharper luscious graphics and ps3 controller, however the ps3 version is just too darn fast and unrealistic in my opinion.

Either way, I am enjoying this game to pieces (360 version), and this only in exhibition. Haven't tried online, and ML jus yet.

Can't wait to get home and play.

there's an explanation for this strange 'phenomenon'.

try playing different games at different times, stadiums, and maybe even weather. you'll notice a difference in speed, response times for each game.

obviously the speed/response is not consistent at all. poor programming by konami i must say.

try playing different games at different times, stadiums, and maybe even weather. you'll notice a difference in speed, response times for each game.

obviously the speed/response is not consistent at all. poor programming by konami i must say.

I have to disagree my friend. I am loving the 360 version response times. Yes, they can be frustrating, however very realistic. Once you get used to them, you don't even know their there. Use super-cancel and lay off the sprint button and you will see the realism of this beauty come alive right before your eyes. The 360 movement is there, very noticeable at least for me.

Player attributes along with ball physics are marvelously done.

So far, I've scored a beauty free-kick with Xavi, a scorcher from 30m out with Ibrahimovich, a PK with Messi, and a realistically beautiful header with Milito. The animation on this header was different and life like. Try using RT while heading, make sure you position yourself in the right spot and you will see some beautys!

Loving the game, lots to master.

Peace to the motherland!!!

I think you've basically just settled something for me.

A good few years back on the PS2 i'd often notice that there tended to be a difference in my ability to play the game. It seemed quite random. One day i'be be brilliant and the game would play perfectly, and then another day it would feel clumsy, like nothing would go right. I wonder if it's the response inconsistency throughout the different stadiums.

Sorry lads but that's just rubbish. I've played in all the stadia at different times and there's no tangible difference. Perhaps you could post a video if you really think this is true?

The weather conditions may affect ball movement, as they should. For example, a rainy waterlogged pitch means sluggish ball movement. Not sure if this is definitely true though.

this game is all about passing fest and chip through ball = shit. fucking boring. the only good thing is to score. yeah.

this game is all about passing fest and chip through ball = shit. fucking boring. the only good thing is to score. yeah.

This game is about simulating football in it's purest form. I must admit I take comfort in the knowledge that some people dont get it. Thats how it should be. ;)

Sorry lads but that's just rubbish. I've played in all the stadia at different times and there's no tangible difference. Perhaps you could post a video if you really think this is true?

The weather conditions may affect ball movement, as they should. For example, a rainy waterlogged pitch means sluggish ball movement. Not sure if this is definitely true though.

I agree. Not noticed a difference myself. I play equally shit at all stadia.

Ok got back from 4 weeks holiday from south america and jetlagged,but got PES2010 rightaway for the PS3
Thank god decent OF are also out.....not i started ML today but their are some changes wich i dont understand yet

So its not possible to play a custom. Divison 2(with some weak second grade clubs) then regulate to a first divison or prem league or serie
with Arsenal or AC milan?

btw you guys play with ML default players or original exebition player?

I have to disagree my friend. I am loving the 360 version response times. Yes, they can be frustrating, however very realistic. Once you get used to them, you don't even know their there. Use super-cancel and lay off the sprint button and you will see the realism of this beauty come alive right before your eyes. The 360 movement is there, very noticeable at least for me.

Player
What kind of situation are you talking about? When should I use super-cancel?

What kind of situation are you talking about? When should I use super-cancel?

When you are attacking the ball defensively and offensively. It works wonders.

Basically, as I am playing defense, I use only the stick(no Sprint Button) to move around the pitch. When it's time to charge/attack the ball carrier at any angle, I then press RB first. When my player starts sprinting as you direct him to the ball carrier, press RT(while holding RB)toegether with "A" and then immediately release RT as you are only left with pressing RB + A. You will see your player animate to a more noticeable free-form burst of speed to catch the ball carrier. This action elimiates the rails immediately and allows your player to move at a faster rate of speed with freedom. Keep in mind that when you let go of RT while holding RB + A, your player will supercancel from the rails and immediately target the ball carrier with more freedom as you direct him.

Hope this helps. This on 360 version though. It works wonders and has made a HUGE difference on gameplay on both sides of the ball. The same applies for when you are receiving a pass on the run, or coming to receive a pass from a defender. You will need to practice, practice, practice this tip though.

Thanks for explaining that. I found it very useful and printed it out to learn and experimenting around with it :WORSHIP:

When you are attacking the ball defensively and offensively. It works wonders.

Basically, as I am playing defense, I use only the stick(no Sprint Button) to move around the pitch. When it's time to charge/attack the ball carrier at any angle, I then press RB first. When my player starts sprinting as you direct him to the ball carrier, press RT(while holding RB)toegether with "A" and then immediately release RT as you are only left with pressing RB + A. You will see your player animate to a more noticeable free-form burst of speed to catch the ball carrier. This action elimiates the rails immediately and allows your player to move at a faster rate of speed with freedom. Keep in mind that when you let go of RT while holding RB + A, your player will supercancel from the rails and immediately target the ball carrier with more freedom as you direct him.

Hope this helps. This on 360 version though. It works wonders and has made a HUGE difference on gameplay on both sides of the ball. The same applies for when you are receiving a pass on the run, or coming to receive a pass from a defender. You will need to practice, practice, practice this tip though.

Criminally, I've never really utilised the Super Cancel. Thanks for the heads up bro, I'll give it some practice and instill it into my armoury.

No prob guys. As I said, it takes lots of practice and lots of matches to master. The mechanics explained are there with out a doubt to enhance the experience. Again, this is the "most" realistic PES game I personally have ever played gameplay-wise. The ball physics and heaviness along with the accurate feel of each player's attributes and on the spot responsiveness is unreal. All this makes for a very laborious and frustrating, however rewarding experience.

I truly beleive that my satisfaction is due to me playing this game the way it was meant to be played. The learning curve is definately steep since I am still discovering many more tricks and goodies that I wasn't aware of. For example, try slwing down laying off the sprint button first before performing a quick turn with RB. Same applies for RT. On headers I find myself being very successful using holding RT while heading. I just keep discovering so many things that make every game unique.

No prob guys. As I said, it takes lots of practice and lots of matches to master. The mechanics explained are there with out a doubt to enhance the experience. Again, this is the "most" realistic PES game I personally have ever played gameplay-wise. The ball physics and heaviness along with the accurate feel of each player's attributes and on the spot responsiveness is unreal. All this makes for a very laborious and frustrating, however rewarding experience.

I truly beleive that my satisfaction is due to me playing this game the way it was meant to be played. The learning curve is definately steep since I am still discovering many more tricks and goodies that I wasn't aware of. For example, try slwing down laying off the sprint button first before performing a quick turn with RB. Same applies for RT. On headers I find myself being very successful using holding RT while heading. I just keep discovering so many things that make every game unique.

I completely agree, mate. There is a lot of depth to this game if you are prepared to put the time into it and peel away the layers. I think some people dismissed PES2010 too early without putting the time in to realise this. For instance I've been trying your heading tip (hold RT while heading) and I've been scoring some really nice headed goals.

I completely agree, mate. There is a lot of depth to this game if you are prepared to put the time into it and peel away the layers. I think some people dismissed PES2010 too early without putting the time in to realise this. For instance I've been trying your heading tip (hold RT while heading) and I've been scoring some really nice headed goals.

Good to hear that mate and agree with u fully. On headers, you have the option to super-cancel your player while the ball is in the air and then using RB to sprint to the ball for a more powerful header. However, this is immensely difficult to pull off since you only have seconds while the ball is in the air as you super-cancel, adjust your player, quess where the ball will land, time your run with RB, and make the proper contact with the ball. When you do manage to pull this off, it's so satisfying.

Good to hear that mate and agree with u fully. On headers, you have the option to super-cancel your player while the ball is in the air and then using RB to sprint to the ball for a more powerful header. However, this is immensely difficult to pull off since you only have seconds while the ball is in the air as you super-cancel, adjust your player, quess where the ball will land, time your run with RB, and make the proper contact with the ball. When you do manage to pull this off, it's so satisfying.

I'll have a go at that. Definitely in advanced techniques, that one.

Supercancel has always been something that helped separate the men from the boys. I've been making extensive use of it since PES 2 when I tried and narrowly failed to score the goal that Pele tried and narrowly failed. And that was with Harry Kewell..

YouTube - pele's greatest dummy

At least I think it was supercancel. I don't think it was a stepover dummy.

Anyway, I often press supercancel shortly before receiving the ball while running on the wing; it lets you run onto the ball at a subtly different angle, giving you a different set of first touch directions (or at least changing the manner of your first touch). You can use it to fool the defender as well, simply by not controlling the ball in the manner that they expected. I seem to remember a video way back when I joined PESFan that showed exactly what supercancel could do, and it showed a great example of using it to completely flummox the defender without doing anything over the top. If I ever do find that I'll wave the link around like a mentalist.

It definitely frees up the game and does give talented practitioners a major advantage.

Supercancel has always been something that helped separate the men from the boys. I've been making extensive use of it since PES 2 when I tried and narrowly failed to score the goal that Pele tried and narrowly failed. And that was with Harry Kewell..

YouTube - pele's greatest dummy

At least I think it was supercancel. I don't think it was a stepover dummy.

Anyway, I often press supercancel shortly before receiving the ball while running on the wing; it lets you run onto the ball at a subtly different angle, giving you a different set of first touch directions (or at least changing the manner of your first touch). You can use it to fool the defender as well, simply by not controlling the ball in the manner that they expected. I seem to remember a video way back when I joined PESFan that showed exactly what supercancel could do, and it showed a great example of using it to completely flummox the defender without doing anything over the top. If I ever do find that I'll wave the link around like a mentalist.

It definitely frees up the game and does give talented practitioners a major advantage.

That is, and always will be my favourite move ever, it's just he shame the great man pulled the shot. He did the hard part. Pure instinctive genius.

Here's a vid of supercancel being used to flummox the defender. It's not the vid I was after, but it's a decent stopgap.

Back
Top Bottom