PES 2010 Full Game Impressions Thread

after hours hammering it, it is the best PES to date IMO. Even better than the sublime PES3 given the variety you now have, plus the balance between attack and defense reminds me a lot of WE9/PES5

exacly , another proof how pes is bad compare with Fifa10. Online/1vs1 and with ai (custom tactics) fifa10 destroys Pes10 this year.Simply Fifa10 gameplay , physics , animations and not plastic graphics( pes10 -not natural lighting ) is much better in Fifa10.Just bothers me MM in Fifa10 :R1

I can not forget reaction of my friends(pes fanboys) having played Fifa10. ,, I do not touch more pes , this game amazing '' , ,, omg pes is tottaly fail compare with this Fifa ,, , ,, no more boring pes ,,

Graphics wise PES is much better espessially from design point of view:
960429_20091006_790screen015.jpg

IMO EA has to do something about their design department....

Niero - tendentious pic mate ;) i can choose bad pics from pes10 too ;) much better ? In pes10 playing during the night looks very bad.The same applies to dusk.Playing during day light looks like playing at dusk. 1001 graphics filtres in pes10 are designed to cover up old graphics engine ? hmm i think yes.. it looks very plastic for me.

Last edited:
The lack of fouls in the game is ruining things for me.

Also in ML I've had five different situations where there was ten minutes remaining, I pause the game to line-up some subs and the CPU goes into the you can't touch me mode (TM) and my subs don't get onto the pitch until the 90th minute.

So frustrating :BRICK:

Hi guys

First time I've posted in the PES thread in a while.
I rented out PES2010 to give it a try as a wee change from FIFA and I gotta say I'm quite enjoying it.

I've got some suggestions for improvemnt for next years title but I don't know if Konami are as open as EA when taking suggestions.

Do any of you guys know where to post ideas etc which are likely to be looked at by the guys who actually have input in the game?

I want to see this game back to where it should be and hopefully Konami realise that the only way to do that is by listening to the fans

Hi guys

First time I've posted in the PES thread in a while.
I rented out PES2010 to give it a try as a wee change from FIFA and I gotta say I'm quite enjoying it.

I've got some suggestions for improvemnt for next years title but I don't know if Konami are as open as EA when taking suggestions.

Do any of you guys know where to post ideas etc which are likely to be looked at by the guys who actually have input in the game?

I want to see this game back to where it should be and hopefully Konami realise that the only way to do that is by listening to the fans

Here http://kitanamedia.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=32

and

Here http://forums.pesfan.com/forumdisplay.php?f=235

Bear in mind, you have to register as a member first before you can post suggestions. At Pesfan, if the suggestion you're planning to add is already there, you can just vote for it.

Niero - tendentious pic mate ;) i can choose bad pics from pes10 too ;) much better ? In pes10 playing during the night looks very bad.The same applies to dusk.Playing during day light looks like playing at dusk. 1001 graphics filtres in pes10 are designed to cover up old graphics engine ? hmm i think yes.. it looks very plastic for me.

Anyway some things are pure preference. To me FIFA player models look fake and poor from design point of view....The whole torso structure is just sad.

Anyway some things are pure preference. To me FIFA player models look fake and poor from design point of view....The whole torso structure is just sad.

I agree. The player models in Fifa still don't look right, the kits are terrible, the player faces are hit and miss (Fifa's cover stars look better in PES) and the lighting, particularly night games, is not as good. I've always preferred the graphical style of PES to Fifa (with the exception of PES2008), even back on the PS2. The attention to detail is missing in Fifa.

I agree. The player models in Fifa still don't look right, the kits are terrible, the player faces are hit and miss (Fifa's cover stars look better in PES) and the lighting, particularly night games, is not as good. I've always preferred the graphical style of PES to Fifa (with the exception of PES2008), even back on the PS2. The attention to detail is missing in Fifa.

Agreed apart from the shorts.

PES used to have plenty of options for its kits(short socks, neck warmer, etc) if they haven't removed it and added a few things such as more kit models, short lengths, and the undershirts it would've definitely been class.

Quick question:
PES2010 > PES3 yay or nay?

Well I don't remember PES3 that much apart from the constant handballs:D but the shots are definitely better now, PES3 was all about volleys and headers, they were the way to go since shots where you had the power bar went about a mile above the goal most of the time.

I got the game a couple of days ago and went straight to the chants editing. I uploaded an option file weeks ago, so my game was pretty much licensed from the get go! After I finished the chant editing I started a Master League with Manchester United (default players) on “regular” difficulty. In the first league game I thrashed Cheski 5-1 which was quite surprising to me-only if it could be like this in real life. At the time I thought that maybe it was only this one time, but eight games into the master league and I realized that “regular” is way too easy. It is then that I discovered that unlike in the previous versions of the pes series, you can change difficulty level at any time of the season which is kind of a negative for me.

At first the lightening literally had my eyes in tears. After playing around with color and brightness on both the game itself and the TV, I managed to get the game to a level where my eyes could handle the lightning. I had this problem with Formula 1 on the ps 2 as well. The cinfiguration of the screen didn’t help so I had to got rid of the Formula 1 game. An intense concern of the possibility that this could be the same fate for the PES 2010. You could imagine the relief and joy when in the contrary to Formula 1 TV game, I found that my eyes got used to the lightning of the game. I think it still needs configuration as the graphics looks weird with the lightning effects.

Then there is the diving-Giggs got send off last night for a second straight diving offence- and guess where the diving was taking place, somewhere in the middle field-my goodness if you want to dive do it in the penalty area or at least somewhere close to the penaly box where a free kick have a 50 % chance of either going in or results in a conrner kick.

Onto the game; Knowing what to expect since I had the chance to get familiarize myself with the game last weekend. I can only echo the complaints raised by other pes gamers; the delay in reaction of players to instructions,
The passes that goes to the wrong player,
And the ball that bounces off players once too many times,
Finally it looks like ping pong when opposition passes the ball around (almost too fast for the naked eye…lol) the game also has clumsiness to it.

P.S. I sold Pes 2009 this morning. So don’t worry, there is No way I am going to get rid of this baby, at least not before the next addition of the series reach our local shop shelves.

Oh, I forgot one more thing; I have 8 games in the league and two cup games and not once did I have a successfull corner kick or cross.

Last edited:
exacly , another proof how pes is bad compare with Fifa10. Online/1vs1 and with ai (custom tactics) fifa10 destroys Pes10 this year.Simply Fifa10 gameplay , physics , animations and not plastic graphics( pes10 -not natural lighting ) is much better in Fifa10.Just bothers me MM in Fifa10 :R1

I can not forget reaction of my friends(pes fanboys) having played Fifa10. ,, I do not touch more pes , this game amazing '' , ,, omg pes is tottaly fail compare with this Fifa ,, , ,, no more boring pes ,,

I'm not having that mate. I've switched over to Fifa and back over the ISS/PES numerous times over the last 10 years. I went over to Fifa09 because PES08 wasn't that good imo.

I greatlyenjoyed Fifa09 and i was looking forward to Fifa10. However, i was disappointed with it. Ping Pong passing, Players ruujnning far too fast and ball travelling far too fast on what is essentially a very small pitch. No excitement when you score and no interest can be gained from spraying the ball around. Computer AI is a joke and player tussles are rugby like. The atmosphere is a joke and Manager Mode has got to be the most bug ridden gaming experience available. The game just has no soul. There is very little enjoyment to be had with it imo. PES isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than Fifa this year.

The lack of fouls in the game is ruining things for me.

Also in ML I've had five different situations where there was ten minutes remaining, I pause the game to line-up some subs and the CPU goes into the you can't touch me mode (TM) and my subs don't get onto the pitch until the 90th minute.

So frustrating :BRICK:

This! Entering 3rd season of ML, have never, ever had a penalty for or against. No red cards for the opposition and only two for me (and one was on purpose as I was trying to hurt Torres with a reserve player because I had a huge lead in a league match and we were about to play Liverpool in the cup). As for the subs, it would be nice to be able to change your formation and make a sub to close the game out, but then Hull City turns into Barcelona and my sub gets 1 minute of injury time to run around. :RANT:

It is still a fun game, but wow is it so poor compared to what it should be. How many goals has Adebayor scored in his career? Konami won't let me find out -- how does a sports game not track career stats? What is the aggregate score of my two-legged cup tie? Konami won't tell me during the match. :BLINK:

When I shoot, the ball goes way too high, i have to press the down button for the ball to go near the grass, but then it misses the goal, how do i shoot the ball near the grass??

Has anyone had their console lock up during the tunnel intro?

When I shoot, the ball goes way too high, i have to press the down button for the ball to go near the grass, but then it misses the goal, how do i shoot the ball near the grass??

Make sure the ball is well out of your feet before you shoot. Running onto the ball will ensure your head stays over the ball and with 1/4 power you should keep it low, depending on the players stats of course, and the height of the ball when you strike it. Catching it on the drop will keep it low. From a standing postion press the change man button combined with sprint to poke it out of your feet.

Tobi, mine has never crashed yet in the tunnel.

Its happened to me five times in ML, I tried to avoid it by pressing start but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

It seems to be a bug during the loading sequence. Hopefully it will be addressed in the forthcoming patch.

I want to show you a very cool bug in PES 2010 :D
YouTube - NOOB SAIBOT from Mortal Kombat in PES - PES 2010 Bug ![/url]

I Love This Game !!!

I had a bug in the old ISS2001/2000 (PS2) where one of the players was about 1/10 the size of all the other players. Tried to score with him, or get him in the replay from scoring but it was 0-0 (couldn't save non-goal replays back then I think). The disc was a little scratched from years of swapping it in and out with other games you see.

Back
Top Bottom