PES 2009 PS3 patch 1.20 out

An update that was unnecessary if they gave us a complete game..Don't know where youre gettin at but the fact remains that Konami's PR is a shambles. For fucks sake, a week ago they placed an update online "by accident" :LOL:
How exactly do you do that???
You seem to hammer on the obvious fact that the update is free. The game itself however, wasn't. So yes, some people are mad cuz they paid for a half arsed attempt at a game and when Konami is trying to fix this, they still drop their bollocks...
Thanks for putting it all in perspective though Mother Theresa

David walker, of course you're right that some people get too excited about the new delay.
But the promised patch is rather necessary to play ML and BAL...if you want it to be just a litle bit realistic you shoud have the patch.

But i'm not sure if i believe Konami if they say the squad rosters will be updated. Information about the PS2 version seems to confirm that the squads are more recent.
I've just bought the PSP version (which was the best last year) and i'm gonna see if the transfers are updated.
BUT

If they are something weird has happened in the past. Konami always declared that the fact that all transfers weren't updated had nothing to do with lazyness or sloppyness but that it was a licencing issue...due to their lack of licences they could only update transfers until a certain date. They could not update transfers afterwards even if they wanted...

And even if they could update these squads and licences for certain clubs, why not bring out separate updates ????

At least i'm not amazed that thisd happened...

Warner Bros have just delayed the release of the new Harry Potter film by 8 MONTHS. Now THAT I can understand people getting annoyed about. Seriously some of you need to take a look at yourselves.

Lol - right back at you! :PP

Thinking about it, Konami have released their Harry Potter film, but they haven't finished Scenes 46 - 67. We can watch the half assed version now, and can have the finished product at a later date. Is George Lucas now at Konami?

If you announce to the world that you're going to do something on a certain date, do it. It's not unreasonable to expect a little bit of competence in 2008.

Last edited:
Wow this thread is just the same as the one over at PESFan. Except with lots of swearing. Does that make you guys cooler? :CONFUSE:

This is a FREE update which they didn't release on the exact day they said they would (clearly because it isn't quite finished yet). Big deal. Warner Bros have just delayed the release of the new Harry Potter film by 8 MONTHS, purely for profit reasons. Now THAT I can understand people getting annoyed about. But getting your knickers in a twist because a FREE update was not made available on the exact day they said it would be? Seriously some of you need to take a look at yourselves.

If Konami had made the film, he would have been called Barry Potter, go to school at Dogwarts and have a speach impediment that caused the dialogue to stutter.

The film would be released without an end and a promised ending would be put out a month later were all the characters had no arms, eyes or pants, before quickly being withdrawn and everyone is left guessing the outcome.

Konami would then apologise for the whole fiasco and promise that nexts years
"Barry Potter and the abominable lag", will be best ever and will sort out everything.

This will then go on for a number of years with fewer people bothering to go to see a film that they need to colour in and add sound themselves, before Konami claim that the magic wand has been stolen and blame Fifa

Last edited:
An update that was unnecessary if they gave us a complete game..Don't know where youre gettin at but the fact remains that Konami's PR is a shambles. For fucks sake, a week ago they placed an update online "by accident" :LOL:
How exactly do you do that???
You seem to hammer on the obvious fact that the update is free. The game itself however, wasn't. So yes, some people are mad cuz they paid for a half arsed attempt at a game and when Konami is trying to fix this, they still drop their bollocks...
Thanks for putting it all in perspective though Mother Theresa

'Mother Theresa'? Eh? You people don't half like to over-react and rant about everything don't you! Firstly to a little update, now it seems like a sober post from little old me winds you up too.

Look, the game wasn't 'incomplete' or 'half arsed'. Releasing it with slightly out of date squads does not make it incomplete. We're in an era of gaming now where this is how it's going to be, the magic of the internet means that games companies will make full use of the opportunity to release updates/patches. SIGames have been doing it for years, I never saw anyone complain that Champ Man was released 'half arsed' or 'incomplete'. EVERY year PES is released with outdated squads (for reasons I'll explain shortly) so I don't get why people get annoyed that they've only found this out AFTER buying the game!

gerd said:
But i'm not sure if i believe Konami if they say the squad rosters will be updated.

Well simple fact is they are. Some people got hold of the accidental incomplete update before it was removed, and they confirmed all transfers have been updated including all missing players created.

gerd said:
Konami always declared that the fact that all transfers weren't updated had nothing to do with lazyness or sloppyness but that it was a licencing issue

The issue relates to FIFPro. For a game that is released mid/late October then the game disc is completed and mastered by mid September. To be able to use real player names and likenesses Konami need to apply to FIFPro, which effectively means sending their squad lists from Japan to FIFPro for authorisation. This whole process can take up to four weeks, which means Konami have to submit their lists by early/mid August at the very latest to make sure they get authorised in time for when the game is mastered.

If Konami had made the film, he would have been called Barry Potter, go to school at Dogwarts and have a speach impediment that caused the dialogue to stutter.

The film would be released without an end and a promised ending would be put out a month later were all the characters had no arms, eyes or pants, before quickly being withdrawn and everyone is left guessing the outcome.

Konami would then apologise for the whole fiasco and promise that nexts years
"Barry Potter and the abominable lag", will be best ever and will sort out everything.

This will then go on for a number of years with fewer people bothering to go to see a film that they need to colour in and add sound themselves, before Konami claim that the magic wand has been stolen and blame Fifa

This has to be one of the best, most intelligent, to the point and hilaric post I've had the pleasure of reading in a long, long time :APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

Firstly to a little update, now it seems like a sober post from little old me winds you up too.
Wrong there my man, just found it interesting that you actually tried to cover up an abismal marketing strategy, rather then see the facts for what they are.
I wasn't wound up, I was baffled by a dramatic display that staged a complete lack of reality from your part.

Look, the game wasn't 'incomplete' or 'half arsed'. Releasing it with slightly out of date squads does not make it incomplete. We're in an era of gaming now where this is how it's going to be, the magic of the internet means that games companies will make full use of the opportunity to release updates/patches. SIGames have been doing it for years, I never saw anyone complain that Champ Man was released 'half arsed' or 'incomplete'. EVERY year PES is released with outdated squads (for reasons I'll explain shortly) so I don't get why people get annoyed that they've only found this out AFTER buying the game!

Online is broken, animations are 1998, keepers gloves are rubbed in with Bertoli olive oil, breaking wind on the pitch will get you sent off. These are the main gripes, not only the roster...
Therefore, the game is incomplete.

The issue relates to FIFPro. For a game that is released mid/late October then the game disc is completed and mastered by mid September. To be able to use real player names and likenesses Konami need to apply to FIFPro, which effectively means sending their squad lists from Japan to FIFPro for authorisation. This whole process can take up to four weeks, which means Konami have to submit their lists by early/mid August at the very latest to make sure they get authorised in time for when the game is mastered.

Wrong here again big boy, the FIFPro contracts run for a period of 5 years and are normally agreed upon in February. Hence, they have COMPLETE authorisation for squads lists by the end of February at the latest.

Wow this thread is just the same as the one over at PESFan. Except with lots of swearing. Does that make you guys cooler? :CONFUSE:

This is a FREE update which they didn't release on the exact day they said they would (clearly because it isn't quite finished yet). Big deal. Warner Bros have just delayed the release of the new Harry Potter film by 8 MONTHS, purely for profit reasons. Now THAT I can understand people getting annoyed about. But getting your knickers in a twist because a FREE update was not made available on the exact day they said it would be? Seriously some of you need to take a look at yourselves.

It may be a free update but when someone buys a football game with 2009 in the title the least they expect is up to date squads. I mean is not a big thing to ask and as for people getting their "knickers in a twist because a FREE update was not made available on the exact day they said it would be" that is only a small part of why everyone is fed up with konami.

Re: PES 2009 PS3 patch 1.20 NOT out - Delayed!

@ dave walker: do you work at Konami? Cause if you do, that's ok, I'll understand.

There's really not much to add to the other guys' posts. I think it's very clear for most of us that Konami is fuckin things up.

Like T Butcher fan said, if you announce the FREE update to the world, you gotta be sure it's finished and make the deadline. Otherwise you must hold the FREE update until you're sure you can release it. Not canceling it on your customers 2 or 3 times!

It's like going back to the basics: if you have something good on your sleeves, keep it to yourself until the right time.

So what, the 'accidental' update didn't affect me that much. But that's me, who doesn't play online. To others it must be a REAL and FREE pain in the arse.

If Joe public on pes forums can put out kits, updated squads and all the extras without getting paid for it already - then surely Konami should have their shit together and sorted by now seeing as it's their job!

I've still not started a master league or Be A Legend properly because im waiting for this patch that brilliantly also was revealed to fuck up any edit data and game data we had done ourselves. So I can't even start my own games off and edit in data later on to give it a real world feel.

It's like a doubled ended dildo rammed right up my arse and it seems Walker here wants to ram the other end in my mouth to stop me from moaning.

I must admit I really want to know if photo import will be added to the xbox version, off the hdd. Im not editing till then, if it doesnt happen Im gna be annoyed that ps3 get the same game with extra features :/ But I do think the update is good, as they seem to have problems with EA, but if you went into a restaurant and asked for steak and chips, first off get given a plate of uncooked chips, then bein told the steak is ready in 2-3 weeks, then if you happened to wait lol, you dont get ur steak then, you wouldt be pleased. Altho if you waited 3 weeks for some food you could be dead...

This has to be one of the best, most intelligent, to the point and hilaric post I've had the pleasure of reading in a long, long time

WHAT?!?! I thought it was just a joke, one that had no relevance to anything. This guy FreMM obviously seems to think of himself as a bit of a comedian.

FreMM said:
just found it interesting that you actually tried to cover up an abismal marketing strategy, rather then see the facts for what they are.

Sorry, what am I trying to cover up? And what facts? There aren't any facts in this matter, just assumptions and false complaints. That was my whole point in the first place.

FreMM said:
Online is broken, animations are 1998, keepers gloves are rubbed in with Bertoli olive oil, breaking wind on the pitch will get you sent off. These are the main gripes, not only the roster..

This thread is about the update and the point I was making referred to the complaint that the game was 'incomplete' specifically because of the outdated rosters, nothing else. What you've brought up afterwards are flaws in the game, sure, but flaws do not class a game as 'incomplete'. If they did then you'd have to refer to every game ever made as 'incomplete'.

Panthera1 said:
when someone buys a football game with 2009 in the title the least they expect is up to date squads

What has the fact that '2009' is in the title got anything to do with it? And the squads are up to date in the update. If anyone expected them to be up to date on the game disc then they clearly don't know much about the PES series.

FreMM said:
Wrong here again big boy, the FIFPro contracts run for a period of 5 years and are normally agreed upon in February. Hence, they have COMPLETE authorisation for squads lists by the end of February at the latest.

Oh right, so that's proved me wrong then? :OH: Basically what I said is wrong just because you say so. :II

rentboy said:
if you announce the FREE update to the world, you gotta be sure it's finished and make the deadline

Well exactly, this was Konami's mistake. They originally stated that the update would be released 'early November', which was fine, however for some reason they felt the need recently to say it would be available on the 5th (possibly under pressure from impatient people and to appease the situation after the accidental patch debacle). They obviously shouldn't have done this as in hindsight it's clear the update wasn't ready in time.

Radiation said:
I've still not started a master league or Be A Legend properly because im waiting for this patch that brilliantly also was revealed to fuck up any edit data and game data we had done ourselves. So I can't even start my own games off and edit in data later on to give it a real world feel.

If you're choosing to wait for an update before you allow yourself to play the game properly then that's your decision and therefore your problem. And again with the false complaints - it's already been proven by those who tested the accidental release that this update does not ruin your edited data at all.

adlindz10 said:
Altho if you waited 3 weeks for some food you could be dead..

I've really seen it all now. A clear indication that this thread has officially lost the plot. :BOUNCE:

Maybe if you all continue to scream loud enough then you'll magically make this update appear earlier. Or not. Happy ranting everybody (or is that a contradiction in terms :THINK:). Ah well :YAWN:

Dave, you are in a gang of one on this one.

There are certain things that we will put up with from Konami, but with this latest cock up they are now severely testing peoples patience and goodwill.

I take it then that none of you have given Konami your money this year. Or at least if you had already bought it, taken the game back out of protest. Now see THAT would be a productive and noble thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera1
when someone buys a football game with 2009 in the title the least they expect is up to date squads

What has the fact that '2009' is in the title got anything to do with it? And the squads are up to date in the update. If anyone expected them to be up to date on the game disc then they clearly don't know much about the PES series.

Oh brillant the squads are up to date in the Next patch. They should have been upto date when the game was released. You might enjoy getting treated like crap from Konami but I dont think most other people on this thread does and what I mean by 2009 is a game advertised with the 2008-2009 season implyed should have the right squads. I mean they even missed big players like Gudjonsson.

I take it then that none of you have given Konami your money this year. Or at least if you had already bought it, taken the game back out of protest. Now see THAT would be a productive and noble thing to do.

I really don't understand where you are coming from on this one.

See this pinch of salt? Take it... its yours.

See that pig? It flies.

See my hat? Maybe I will eat it.

Thanks Thomas.

With my poor french I could understand that the two new features will be added along with the Download feature. However that does not guarantee that the squad update will be available right now. Just the option to do so, which would be typical of konami.

I can see ourselves waiting for another week for the full squad update.

Thanks Thomas.

With my poor french I could understand that the two new features will be added along with the Download feature. However that does not guarantee that the squad update will be available right now. Just the option to do so, which would be typical of konami.

I can see ourselves waiting for another week for the full squad update.

Unless it is broken, the squad update was in the 'mistake' release as I got it before they took it down.

Seemed pretty comprehensive on a first check around - Robinho at City, Pavyluchenko at Spurs - even Julio Santa Cruz at Blackburn. And (unless they used stock old ones), they added more faces - including Fowler at Blackburn - which I thought was cool.

Unless it is broken, the squad update was in the 'mistake' release as I got it before they took it down.

Seemed pretty comprehensive on a first check around - Robinho at City, Pavyluchenko at Spurs - even Julio Santa Cruz at Blackburn. And (unless they used stock old ones), they added more faces - including Fowler at Blackburn - which I thought was cool.

Was it? That's strange, cause I also got the 1.20 update, but got no squad updates whatsoever...

I didn't erase my old OF, though. Did you do it?

Was it? That's strange, cause I also got the 1.20 update, but got no squad updates whatsoever...

I didn't erase my old OF, though. Did you do it?

Part of the 1.2 update is that a new menu option gets added to the 'System' menu - called "Downloads".

Click on that and it says "New download available" - click that and the new squad files download - with the new champions league teams/kits too.

Was not very well advertised and I only found it as someone posted it on here. Hopefully when the update is launched properly, they will put a news story up in the game to tell people what to do - otherwise cue another 200 page thread of "WHERES MY FACKING UPDATES KONAMIZZZZLOLZ"

I just bought the PSP version (out from yesterday) and only went to look at Standard's team roster and Fellaini is still there...Digao, Nicaise and Wilfried Dalmat aren't in there and from the yesterday's bench in thematch against Sevilla, three players aren't in the squad. So at least six players are missing...that is an awfull lot...it's nice that Standard is there, but why not do it good...

This has to be one of the best, most intelligent, to the point and hilaric post I've had the pleasure of reading in a long, long time :APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

Cheers, I was quite proud of it.

I have been working on my OF and have it pretty well sorted now, just a pity it will have to be done again the when the patch is out and WENB release their OF.

I could kill for a stat editor like the one that is being made for the pc version.

nothing about the 360 version? you have to love konami

TRGamer said:
Konami, Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 oyunu için 1.20 yamasını yayımladı. Yama, "Become a Legend" ve "Champions League" modu için güncellemeler sağlıyor. Bunlara ek olarak Atlético Madrid gibi bir kaç takımın lisanslarını oyuna geri kazandırmak ile beraber bazı oyuncular için yeni ve özel yüz modellemeleri ekliyor. ...

Here, news about 1.20 patch from the one of the popular Turkish game website.

It says that patch will include some updates for "Become a Legend" and "Champions League" mode. Also, that patch will include some team licenses like Atlético Madrid and real faces to new players. But there is no text about squad updates.

:CURSE:

Back
Top Bottom