PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (STRICTLY NO FIFA DEMO IMPRESSIONS)

lol,its funny to hear ppl about be a legend mode and how it works,
while true hardcore winning eleven fans( like me :) ) play Fantasista for a long time.
But its great that its in nextgen now.

I reckon Seabass got lucky with the original PS1 engine and is scared of trying to create another one in case it fails.

there was no reason to change the core gameplay, as it has been working great for a long time. It's still working, but EA have finally managed to create a football game that plays different to PES (and closer to real football -> at least a lot of gamers/reviewers think so)

If KONAMI will change their core gameplay, there's a fair chance it will fail against the "classic PES" and FIFA.

It took 5 games (07,CL,08,UEFA -> 09) until EA's new engine is finally working properly. It's exciting to see which way KONAMI will go in the future.

It's a shame konami don't add a tournament maker into pes, that way we could create our own tournament with our own rules and layout, it really wouldn't be that hard to do for them and it would piss over any ml/cl license cos we could do them ourselves!!.

and this is it:)lol
magazine29covergrootbt9.jpg

That's the magazine i translated (well a litle part of it).

Well Prof, maybe they played and earlier build wer Espanyol wasn't licensed yet...in the hands on they talked about it being possible that Konami would acquire some licenses...that could explain it.
Yes, because my list are from the last beta or final version of the game.

If ever there was a time for a new developer to get in with a new football game - then this is it - imagine the pressure it would put on konami especially.

I don't agree when people say there isn't room for another football game - football is so popular, if an impressive game was previewed msot would flock to it straight away.

Which developer? I know football is very different to most games but looking at the way ubisoft are doing things at the moment and the way they're genuinely embracing next gen systems/technology, i think they'd be a good bet.
2K sports also seem to understand both technology and the purity of sports - look at top spin 3 or more importantly nba 2k series - it's like the old pes in how it respects the individuality of players. Even if they don't know football, so what - i remeber reading how the makers of top spin 1 had to watch tennis and studied the rules just to learn what the game was about - talent did the rest. It was the same with seabass back in 1878 when he first started making pes - he and his men knew lttle about football and learnt about it by watching games - talent is enough.

It's time for something different and if Konami can't provide it, if they want to retain such a retrograde approach, well then there time has come and over to next person

Dutch Official Playstation Magazine's Hands on of PES2009:

They played 30 matches with the unfinished version of the game.

Gameplay:
Compared to PES2008 this is a step back to simulation.
Well well.. I think with the caniggia video that will be ready today we can see how much of a true statement this is. No other preview/hands-on sofar mentioned this.

@Chris Bauer
Coming from a programming background i know ea is full of bs when they hype their products. The newer consoles let you do ai faster, render better graphics, do faster physics etc but still, mechanics can be done on older consoles with less going on ie only a few players. The next gen let you do everything together.

Also each player making a 1000 decisions(i know you said it may be exaggarated) a second is just too extreme, why would they need to do that, it's not a chest game where the cpu needs to think hundreds of moves forwards.

I love my pes6 on pc, i play it all the time, you guys can moan about pes2009 if it's suck, if i feel the same way i'll just stick with pes6 for another year :-)

Did anyone see the nba videos ea released regarding foot placement etc syaing it could only be done on nextgen, that too was bs, you could even do it on ps1 only with maybe like 1 or 2 players in the game. Next gen LETS you do logic and mechanics faster, it's the graphics they really excel in.

ps The new pc's total dominate consoles, if you were to fully utilise the pwer of a pc, next gen consoles wouldn't come close. The fact that devs have to code for hundreds/thousands of configs takes away the full power.

check out the fifa pc thread. i have made similar reasons as to why EA are talking bullshit. imo they shouldnt even make a fifa pc game if thats the best they can do. they are just wasting there time and money because many people wont buy a shit footy game.

So no doubt about it? The Teams you named are 100% in the Game? Where your Information come from?

His information comes from someone who has access to the beta, since he is involved in doing something related to PES2009... That person is a member of evo-web - even though I haven't seen him posting in a long, long time - and that person is pretty reliable. We'll leave it at that.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Han i'm afraid you expect too much from that statement.
It said in Dutch:

"Op basis van onze eerste dertigtal wedstrijden kunnen we stellen dat PES terug iets meer dxe kaart van de simulatie trekt"

Iets meer = a litle mit more of a simulation than PES2008. It isn't very difficult to be a litle bit more of a simulation than PES2008...
I think it's better not to expect too much.
Another thing that i didn't mention is that that magazine gives some sort of judgement based on the hads on.
They have 4 degrees:
Maybe (= ususal a decpetion)
Ok
Nice
WOW!

Until PES5 PES games always had WOW!
PES2009 has "Nice"...

I'm afraid Prof Nutmeg is right when he doensn't expect revolutions from Konami.

Man Utd still have the old kit :DD AIG should be replaced by FED...

It's a joke about AIG going bankrupt and the FED giving loads of money in order to try and rescue them.

A good one at it, for those who have been following the news :lol:

Cheers - and thanks for the videos!

Paulo Tavares

I've spotted following teams in Team selection->CL Teams:

ManU
Lyon
Bordeaux
Inter
Roma
PSV
Real
villareal
Porto
Sporting
Cluj
Zenit
Celtic

___

Cluj is a surprise, but where's Liverpool and the other known as licensed teams ?

I'm still hoping KONAMI implemnts ALL teams playing in group stage, even unlicensed (EA did the same on last years UCL game. There was EINDHOVEN, but no PSV)

Stadiums list :

Konami Stadium
Estadio Da Luz (under licence like in PES2008)
Estadio Do Dragao (under licence like in PES2008)
Estadio Jose Alvalade (under licence like in PES2008)
Santiago Bernabeu (under licence like in PES2008)
Camp Nou (under licence - new licence)
Orange Arena
Regenbogen Platz (?) i try to get more information, should be Allianz Arena, but i see red stadium :SS
Antlion Colosseum
Ville Marie Stadium
Bristol Mary Stadium
Mohamed Lewis Stadium
Stockholm Arena (Rasunda Stadion)
San Siro (under licence like in PES2008)
Stadio Olimpico (under licence like in PES2008)
Stadio Olimpico Di Torino (sous licence - new stadium)
Stade Louis II (under licence like in PES2008)
Stade De France (under licence - new stadium)
Wembley Stadium (under licence - new stadium)

One thing I spotted is that it's the PS3 version, and the animations seem pretty fluid in the presentation during the beginning of the video.

The training doesn't seem to have scenarios any more, like PES2.

Also, it's a pretty nice touch to be able to play friendlies between CL teams and teams in other leagues. Also, hopefully we'll be able to play with any team in the CL, such as the teams that weren't qualified for it? :)

Too bad he clicked start on the CL presentation loading.

One off-topic question: was that GH4 or Rock Band 2, does anyone know? And what song was it?

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Stadiums list :
Regenbogen Platz (?) i try to get more information, should be Allianz Arena, but i see red stadium :SS ...

could be Allianz Arena.
Regenbogen -> Rainbow

Allianz Arena can be illuminated (Bayern -> red, 1860 Munich -> blue, other -> white)

could be Allianz Arena.
Regenbogen -> Rainbow

Allianz Arena can be illuminated (Bayern -> red, 1860 Munich -> blue, other -> white)
Yes but it's inside, or maybe the seats are red because isn't under licence, because the shadow look like Allianz Arena

19 stadiums!? Why dont they have the same amount of satdiums as the ps2 version. Can´t understand why they dont make more stadiums, the disc-space for nextgen is sooo much bigger than CG. I understand if they dont have the license but they can make the real stadium but with fakename. It worked on ps2!

I'm pretty sure it's the unlicensed Allianz Arena:
- German fake name -> German stadium
- shadow looks like Allianz Arena
- Regenbogen=Rainbow -> Allianz Arena can change its color

Oh, is it Rock Revolution?

Interesting. Still, the song name, anyone?

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom