Patch v1.03 has improved the GAMEPLAY!!!

I have been playing with player stats edited to make the game harder and more smooth, but couldn't put my finger on what else needed edited to get the gameplay right.

Same here mate. The patch has slowed down the game which means I don't need to tweak the player abilities for speed, acceleration and short passing speed.

I can tell you what else you need to edit - BALANCE, RESPONSE, AGILITY & DRIBBLE ACCURACY - these are the four attributes that determine the smoothness of the animations. I'm already on a project to arrive at the perfect formula :-)

Same here mate. The patch has slowed down the game which means I don't need to tweak the player abilities for speed, acceleration and short passing speed.

I can tell you what else you need to edit - BALANCE, RESPONSE, AGILITY & DRIBBLE ACCURACY - these are the four attributes that determine the smoothness of the animations. I'm already on a project to arrive at the perfect formula :-)

I already have edited them. I don't think there is one formula as some teams need different changes. I used to release patches on the PC and PS2 using global stat editing and it worked very well with some teams that were tested, but other people would use other teams and not like it as much.

If you increase Teamwork, Aggression and Tenacity to high 70's and low eighty's for most teams and mid eighty's for the good teams and try to keep the player individuality, you end up with teams that are more realistic to play against.

Any playing with balance, response and agility that is in the lower 70's will move rubbish, so I normally move these up to at least 76.

I think some of the decent players also need their technique and passing accuracy increased.

I already have edited them. I don't think there is one formula as some teams need different changes. I used to release patches on the PC and PS2 using global stat editing and it worked very well with some teams that were tested, but other people would use other teams and not like it as much.

If you increase Teamwork, Aggression and Tenacity to high 70's and low eighty's for most teams and mid eighty's for the good teams and try to keep the player individuality, you end up with teams that are more realistic to play against.

Any playing with balance, response and agility that is in the lower 70's will move rubbish, so I normally move these up to at least 76.

I think some of the decent players also need their technique and passing accuracy increased.

Mate . . I think you know this already anyway . . any player with DRIBBLING ACCURACY of less than 80 pts will have jerky animations. While the same is true for AGILITY and BODY BALANCE under 75 pts. Also, if the RESPONSE is higher than 85, the fast dribbling animation looks shaky, jerky and arcady. If you didn't know this, you can try this out and confirm my theories :-)

Mate . . I think you know this already anyway . . any player with DRIBBLING ACCURACY of less than 80 pts will have jerky animations. While the same is true for AGILITY and BODY BALANCE under 75 pts. Also, if the RESPONSE is higher than 85, the fast dribbling animation looks shaky, jerky and arcady. If you didn't know this, you can try this out and confirm my theories :-)

Yeah, I think konami use the lower stats for these by default for the players on smallers teams or normalish defenders on most teams, but it makes the game feel pedestrian if you try using these teams. You can see that they are trying to make differences for player individuality, but anyone who uses a smaller team will be playing very un-responsive game.

I think the majority of players need these stats to be within a small range from 75 - 85 and then the player intelligence and skill and make the difference between normal, good and very good players.

i have pes2010 for North American. And i just download this Patch v1.03 but i can't find any news boots or balls in the game edit. I just went to the system setting but there was nothing there! Please help!

Last edited:
I wouldn't know mate because I haven't played PES 2010 v1.03. I'm only playing Winning Eleven 2010 which was already better than PES and now with the v1.03, it's gone even better. So I guess it must still be better than PES.

Eh... so you haven't played PES2010 v1.03, yet you have written extensive posts about how much of an improvement it is? :OOOH:

Does it fix the tunnel lock-ups though?
As a ML player who has the anti-rage quit option on, it's pretty crucial.
I lost out on a £1mil bonus for a home loss 3 games from the end of the season because I got stitched by a lock up and was given the obligatory 3-0 loss.

I've played another few mammoth sessions, using different teams, and playing in different modes - I see no changes, lads, sorry.

I did see the CPU try a few different kinds of shots that I don't recall seeing before - but is that alone evidence for these wider-ranging gameplay tweaks that you all claim to be so obvious?

Surely if the changes were so obvious, I - and all others who don't see them - would see them? Because they'd be, well, obvious?

The players all pass the same, trap the same, tackle the same, shoot the same, move the same. Everything is the same. PES2010 is the same as it was a week ago. I know there are plenty out there who'll say otherwise, but again:

• If the changes are real, why doesn't everyone see them? What force is at work there? I've played PES2010 nearly every day since its release, clocking up nearly 120 hours.
  • And why haven't Konami publicised these changes? <<<<<That is the golden question. Answer me that, believers, and I too may believe. Note: I'm really not impressed with the argument that Konami wouldn't want to admit the original game was so flawed.

Last edited:
I can't say why some people can't see a difference. That's strange, but for my own experience, I just tried 1.03 and saw a big difference.

First of all, referees blowing whistles at a higher rate, and that's good enough.

Then, the gameplay. I'm not sure if it's slower, I'd have to play more games. But what I noticed is the AI's behaviour, the way they react in defense.
I explain : before, when I was attacking but then losing the ball in defense, the CPU simply and impossibly ping-ponged their way out of danger. Now, for 3 games in a row they never did it. It reminded me of the old WEs. One of the defender held the ball, tried to run to free spaces and find someone available. That was crazy. I noticed that if there's no empty space to run to, he will clear the ball with a long kick.
In midfield, they rarely ping-pong, I see a lot of players holding the ball and trying to pass it calmly, and sometimes missing the pass, giving it to my players. A ping-pong was never missed before, it was impossible to intercept a pass, or almost impossible. Differences felt obvious, the CPU simply plays in a different way. They also try more low trough balls when close to my pk box. I really see more holding, more intelligent passes and more miss-passes from the cpu. It's great so far. And if they still ping-pong a bit, just a bit as it is now, it's fine for me, as it's the same in real life football. It's nice to see and it's challenging.. but it has to be done a very few times, between good passers, not all the freakin game long as it was. And that's what I noticed now.

Oh, and the way I experienced the differences is by playing the same saved final uefa game I play at least 10 times for various reasons. This final used to be almost the same everytime I played it. Today was totally different than other times.

Last edited:
ahhahaha :D very funny topic :) But all this improved for gameplay is not so true :) sorry guys !

HAY GUYS I HAVE NO WAY OF EXPRESSING MYSELF EXCEPT BY MAKING BASELESS COMMENTS

anyways, the changes are subtle but not game-changing. The game still plays the same. Some people might notice the minor aesthetic changes but the core of the gameplay is unchanged.

Last edited:
Cant believe i waited until this..

ITS STILL THE BLOODY SAME.

YOUR PLAYERS STILL DONT MOVE OFF THE BALL INTELLIGENTLY.

THE CPU STILL CHEATS ITS WAY THROUGH GAMES WITH LUCKY RICOCHETS AND ADVANTAGE TAKING OF THE CRAP CURSOR SYSTEM.

THE CPU STILL BORES YOU TO DEATH WITH ITS CONSTANT PASS PASS PASS GAME, IVE SEEN NO EVIDENCE OF ANY OTHER TYPE OF ATTACKING PLAY.

PLAYING A LEAGUE WITH FEYENOORD JUST LEFT ME FRUSTRATED AND ANGRY AND READY TO SNAP THE DISC. ITS STILL SLOW, ITS STILL CUMBERSOME AND ITS STILL CRAP.

CANT BELIEVE IVE LOST OUT ON TRADE IN VALUE. UTTER RUBBISH.

THE CPU STILL CHEATS ITS WAY THROUGH GAMES WITH LUCKY RICOCHETS AND ADVANTAGE TAKING OF THE CRAP CURSOR SYSTEM.

THE CPU STILL BORES YOU TO DEATH WITH ITS CONSTANT PASS PASS PASS GAME, IVE SEEN NO EVIDENCE OF ANY OTHER TYPE OF ATTACKING PLAY.

PLAYING A LEAGUE WITH FEYENOORD JUST LEFT ME FRUSTRATED AND ANGRY AND READY TO SNAP THE DISC. ITS STILL SLOW, ITS STILL CUMBERSOME AND ITS STILL CRAP.

Please dont shout

He's alive!!!:CRY:

Anyway the thing that STILL pisses me off is the LAG!!

I mean FFS how come you can play MW2 with all the variables and enjoy a flawless lag free game but tune into the online mode and struggle to control anything and have pissy responce times and massive jumping. :RANT:

I refuse to believe PES have more going on in game than MW2.

They really have to sort out the online mode. I stay well clear from it. Shame really

Yeah, with a bunch of post-patch matches under my belt I can safely add my voice to those who say there is absolutely no difference in the gameplay or the refereeing.

I think everyone posting their opinion on gameplay differences should tell us which platform as well.

Also, I've noticed that not one of you mentioned gameplay differences on different grounds. Its not something new to me though because I've been noticing the same since the very older PES/WE versions. Try playing with the same team, on green arrows, on different pitches. Some games will feel slow while others quicker. I think playing in Bristol Mary the game feels slow. And then I switched to another stadium where the game felt quicker and smoother. This has nothing to do with post-patch.

I couldn't bare to play this before the latest update,but now i am enjoying it.Still not what it should be but i think many will admit that football games haven't been superb this year.

it says that the patch allows to save team option before the match so that you don't have to alter them anymore.

how is this done?

i don't care about new footballs or shoes but how is this team option feature improved?

thanks

He's alive!!!:CRY:

Anyway the thing that STILL pisses me off is the LAG!!

I mean FFS how come you can play MW2 with all the variables and enjoy a flawless lag free game but tune into the online mode and struggle to control anything and have pissy responce times and massive jumping. :RANT:

I refuse to believe PES have more going on in game than MW2.

They really have to sort out the online mode. I stay well clear from it. Shame really

Because MW2 does not need to have a massive amount of animations interpreted by your opponents. It’s basicly only two commands that has to be interpreted. Your shot and your movement and the position of your enemy.

While in PES both the hosts and the joining players animation/movement need to be interpreted in lightning speeds to make it work for both of you.

Regardless, both companies make massive profits and online gaming is a massive selling point for games today. It's understandable when people pay $60 USD for a piece of software that doesn't even work as advertised, even if offline gameplay is flawless and lag-free.

After many hours, days game whit patch I can say that there are no changes in gameplay. Perhaps only a speed slightly slower, but not glaring difference.
At least they fix the problem whit Intel vs AMD :WORSHIP:

no changes in the gameplay for me.

still no penaties, still clumpsy animations, still no possibility of editing the player position at the same time of exchanging the player etc.

where is the brilliance of the PS2 versions gone?
all they have to do is take the PS2 versions and make better graphics (animations were top, speed was right, referees gave penalties)

It does seem a tad slower to me after the update and if you can get someone with a good connection you have some very games online and it feels very responsive than before. An improvement for me.

Back
Top Bottom