Patch v1.03 has improved the GAMEPLAY!!!

bluchampblogger

League 2
6 June 2009
The new patch v1.03 has certainly improved the game. It has improved to such an extent that it feels like the perfect game. I'm not talking about the balls and boots. I'm referring to the gameplay. The biggest changes to gameplay after the v1.03 patch are (i) gamespeed (ii) dribbling (iii) passing (iv) goalkeepers and (v) referees.

(i) Gamespeed: It is certainly slower than before. With every patch, the game speed has been coming down, which is very good. Overall, the pace of the game is very very realistic. It feels more like football than a video game now.

(ii) Dribbling: Now the dribbling animations are smoother. The jerky movements are very very less now. The dribbling speed has also been reduced. Only yesterday, I could sprint from the right defending corner to right attacking corner with someone like Bosingwa in a flash. After the update, even with Lennon, though I could see he is one of the paciest players, I take more time to cover the pitch. The dribbling animations and speed are just about perfect now.

(iii) Passing: The short passing speed has been lowered. Earlier, the so-called 'ping-pong' existed for any player with a passing ability of more than 75 points. Now, only players with above 90 points short passing speed ability pass the ball at these speeds. The short passing speed of anyone (most of the players) who have a short passing speed of less than 90, is now very realistic. Only now, even in top matches like Chelsea vs Man Utd, you can see the ball receiver waiting for the ball to reach him before he makes his move. Earlier the ball used to zip across the pitch. Now it's very realistic. I also feel that the passing is lot more freer than it was before. The variety of attacking moves I'm able to make now are a testimony to this.

(iv) Goalkeepers: Improvement in goalkeepers. No more silly parries. They keep very well. They parry it when they have to. Basically, I think they now play true to their goalkeeping player abilities.

(v) Referees: They are certainly stricter. More fouls are being called. More penalties are given. They can still go wrong either ways but they can be error-prone but not scandalous as they were before.

What still needs to happen? The defenders, especially the side backs have to be lot more sharper and ruthless. They need to read the game better and anticipate attacking moves. They need to tackle more frequently and throw their bodies when it matters. Also, some of the stadiums I find unplayable due to the pitch graphics or lighting. Rest are fine with me.

For me, Winning Eleven 2010 was already a revelation and it is way better than PES 2010. With this patch, this game has got so much better. I'm loving it. This is not out of imagination, exaggeration or placebo effect. I have experienced all those things mentioned above. And, I'm writing this after playing several offline games. Having spent more than 20-30 hours in editing and testing alone, I can certainly see the difference when it's there.

We have got closer to a very perfect football game.

The new patch v1.03 has certainly improved the game. It has improved to such an extent that it feels like the perfect game. I'm not talking about the balls and boots. I'm referring to the gameplay. The biggest changes to gameplay after the v1.03 patch are (i) gamespeed (ii) dribbling (iii) passing (iv) goalkeepers and (v) referees.

(i) Gamespeed: It is certainly slower than before. With every patch, the game speed has been coming down, which is very good. Overall, the pace of the game is very very realistic. It feels more like football than a video game now.

(ii) Dribbling: Now the dribbling animations are smoother. The jerky movements are very very less now. The dribbling speed has also been reduced. Only yesterday, I could sprint from the right defending corner to right attacking corner with someone like Bosingwa in a flash. After the update, even with Lennon, though I could see he is one of the paciest players, I take more time to cover the pitch. The dribbling animations and speed are just about perfect now.

(iii) Passing: The short passing speed has been lowered. Earlier, the so-called 'ping-pong' existed for any player with a passing ability of more than 75 points. Now, only players with above 90 points short passing speed ability pass the ball at these speeds. The short passing speed of anyone (most of the players) who have a short passing speed of less than 90, is now very realistic. Only now, even in top matches like Chelsea vs Man Utd, you can see the ball receiver waiting for the ball to reach him before he makes his move. Earlier the ball used to zip across the pitch. Now it's very realistic. I also feel that the passing is lot more freer than it was before. The variety of attacking moves I'm able to make now are a testimony to this.

(iv) Goalkeepers: Improvement in goalkeepers. No more silly parries. They keep very well. They parry it when they have to. Basically, I think they now play true to their goalkeeping player abilities.

(v) Referees: They are certainly stricter. More fouls are being called. More penalties are given. They can still go wrong either ways but they can be error-prone but not scandalous as they were before.

What still needs to happen? The defenders, especially the side backs have to be lot more sharper and ruthless. They need to read the game better and anticipate attacking moves. They need to tackle more frequently and throw their bodies when it matters. Also, some of the stadiums I find unplayable due to the pitch graphics or lighting. Rest are fine with me.

For me, Winning Eleven 2010 was already a revelation and it is way better than PES 2010. With this patch, this game has got so much better. I'm loving it. This is not out of imagination, exaggeration or placebo effect. I have experienced all those things mentioned above. And, I'm writing this after playing several offline games. Having spent more than 20-30 hours in editing and testing alone, I can certainly see the difference when it's there.

What platform are you playing on? PS3 or XBOX 360. I've hear some people playing on XBOX 360 saying that they got the boots and balls, but no gamplay changes?

I really do hope this is true. If it is, it will save me a lot of editing time. I have been slowing the game and passes of each player and increasing the response, agility and balance manually as I thought it improved the game.

The keepers seemed beyond help before as even maxing their stats out, they still spilt balls and were beaten too easily at the near post

Me too, I noticed the gameplay and animations are smoother, but not slower for me. Anyway on line there is a big bug...If you choose a new ball, then it will appear champions league ball...

Me too, I noticed the gameplay and animations are smoother, but not slower for me. Anyway on line there is a big bug...If you choose a new ball, then it will appear champions league ball...

On what platform do you play.
I think PS3 and XBOB 360 can be different?

I'm very suprised at this, but reading on other sites there seems to be a DLC and a patch, both 1.3 for the PS3. People on other sites are claiming the same thing, especially about the referee's being fixed and penalties now being awarded correctly.

The Boss at PESfan states that it isnt just boots and balls, and he is waiting for imformation from Konami on what the gameplay changes are. Not had chance to download the patch yet as been away from home with work. I'm back home tonight though so I can give it a good go.

If this is all correct, you really need to take your hat off to Konami for this.

Hey Jimmy or other readers, PESFan also says that the formation settings have become easier to use. How has the function improved?

Hey Jimmy or other readers, PESFan also says that the formation settings have become easier to use. How has the function improved?

They now save in the Stock Data with all the tactics. Before, the bug was you had to reload your formation from the Stock Data before every game. No need to reload anymore which is good. To be honest it didnt really bother me that much, I'm more interested in these gameplay tweaks.

Yeah I'm also interested in hearing about slower game speed and the reduced pace of quick players, because both seem fine before the patch. At least for me PES already mimics the real life pace of football.

I have a problem since I have installes the 1.03 patch the replays are faster: speed x2 is it just me or not ?

played for 2hours lastnight and couldnt see any difference,the emperors new clothes me thinks

Agreed - same here. Until I see a list of these phantom 'changes' from Konami, we can only presume they don't exist. The changes they have listed (formations, online stuff) are present, and an improvement, but gameplay is no different as far as I can tell. :JAY:

Agreed - same here. Until I see a list of these phantom 'changes' from Konami, we can only presume they don't exist. The changes they have listed (formations, online stuff) are present, and an improvement, but gameplay is no different as far as I can tell. :JAY:

Do you play on XBOX 360? Because it looks like the patch has only been released for PS3/PC. :(

From TheBoss på PESFAN.com:

360 patch should be avail in the next couple of hours I'm told.

there was a delay

I played a few ML-games last night after the patch was installed. Noticed no difference, except Crouch had shiny new boots :D and some new balls. I mean the game had new balls. Not Crouch.

Theres a definite difference on PS3.

I REALLY hated the game before the patch, so for me to sort of like it now means definitely a difference.

I don't know, maybe it's because I actually liked the game before (in ML mode, less so in other modes) that I can't tell a difference. It certainly hasn't got any worse.

i play ps3 and ive being playing and working on a file on it for last 2months:COOL:

And you don't notice the responsiveness improvement? Find first touch is better, as it the time it takes to pass the ball from press the goddamn button.

I still don't like the game a great deal, but means I can play it as an alternative when FIFA annoys me.

Here are a couple of posts from PESFan from players who have downloaded the patch and DLC, sounds very promising.....

Did any of you guys actually play the game after downloading the patch. The effect of the patch is almost surreal. The speed have been slowed down, the easy goals are gone, the AI is pressing more, the goalkeepers have improved, the longshots have changed to become harder. the responsiovenes have been improved to give a much greater feeling of the game.

The update have improved the game to be much more like the game we hoped for.

Thank you Konami!

you should always show up as grey, you opponent should show up as green yellow or red.

the REF's are wayyyyyyyyy harsh now... off the ball mistimed tackles are straight red's - still got away with sliding from behind in the box once though but more red cards than I've seen both ways in a while

Here are a couple of posts from PESFan from players who have downloaded the patch and DLC, sounds very promising.....

I definitely agree with the first poster, teams are a lot tougher to break down on Top Player since the patch. For example, I really struggled to get a 1-1 draw with Pompey in the last game of the season (playing as Tottenham), their defensive covering seemed to be improved and they read my play really well. My chances on goal were reduced considerably and the balance between defending and attacking throughout was noticeable. The pace does seem a little slower, but nothing drastic IMO. The referees do seem to pick up on a lot more fouls aswell on and off the ball.

The update is there now for the Xbox 360 users.
Looks better now. I even can see difference in the way the ball travels: It bumps more.
Ref is better, first touch too.

You know DLC and patch are different? May be you only installed the DLC ingame. Search for the 1.03 patch if you have not already done...

Yes, I do know this, and I have both installed.

It's pretty funny how this is developing - seems close to a 50/50 split both here and on PESfan with half thinking there are great improvements and half thinking there are clearly no changes at all. I am in the latter group.

sorry... i was also hoping, that this patch improved the refs, but i didn't experience that so far. in opposite: a few minutes ago i was fouled in the box (ref 2m away + ball 1m away + sliding tackle from the side = simply no discussion) but no penalty-whistle.

maybe this was an exception and the refs are improved overall, but why should konami not tell this? there is no logic explanation for not proclaiming a support-service like this. i fear the discussion here is based on a placebo-feeling, because everybody was hoping so bad it could get better... :R1

Back
Top Bottom