Patch v1.03 has improved the GAMEPLAY!!!

There's an easy way to settle this. After issuing a software patch, software companies issue a list of things that the patch has done.

Now I know Konami's eccentricity in many areas is a cute and adorable trait for many fans of PES, but are Konami so eccentric that they'd issue a pretty damn major gameplay patch for one of their flagship (and struggling) titles, and then not tell anybody what it does?

The patch did not do a thing to gameplay.

Somebody point me towards the official Konami patch notes where they say they've changed the gameplay, and I'll believe.

Until then, enjoy your placebos gentlemen.

Can someone pls help me with the PEs 2010(NTSC) DLC and 1.03 patch for the Xbox 360? I'm not on Xbox Live. I need it for offline installation if possible.

It's interesting that there are so many different opinions on the update here. I've not had time to try it yet but I always fear there is some kind of placebo effect at work when people speculate about gameplay changes.

It's interesting that there are so many different opinions on the update here. I've not had time to try it yet but I always fear there is some kind of placebo effect at work when people speculate about gameplay changes.

It's all a mirage, I'm afraid. There have been no gameplay changes in the latest update. None at all. I've played the game every day since October. I've played it again for several hours today and yesterday, post-patch, and there is no difference whatsoever. And why would there be? The update wasn't a gameplay patch.

If the update had included gameplay tweaks to make the game better, Konami would have shouted about it.

Unless someone has a link to an official Konami statement, or patch notes, or whatever? Failing that, I'd take a really good explanation about why Konami would put together a gameplay patch and then release it on the quiet, disguised as a boots, balls, and formation menus system update.

I really would love to be wrong (and that's not just Internet rhetoric). I've been watching PESfan all day waiting for The Boss to get back after saying he would ask Konami if there was anything else in the update. But so far - nada.

Last edited:
There's an easy way to settle this. After issuing a software patch, software companies issue a list of things that the patch has done.

Now I know Konami's eccentricity in many areas is a cute and adorable trait for many fans of PES, but are Konami so eccentric that they'd issue a pretty damn major gameplay patch for one of their flagship (and struggling) titles, and then not tell anybody what it does?

The patch did not do a thing to gameplay.

Somebody point me towards the official Konami patch notes where they say they've changed the gameplay, and I'll believe.

Until then, enjoy your placebos gentlemen.

And if Konami did say it, would you actually believe them? :CONFUSE:

Konami have a history of doing this, they did many updates that tweaked PES 2009 gameplay (sometimes for the worse) and never detailed them.

And its not a major gameplay update, its tweaks that make the game manageable. I think the ones claiming major changes are the ones who haven't been playing the game at all then came back to it.

Four things:

1. A patch to improve the gameplay need not be in gigabytes. Most of these gameplay changes could be achieved by tweaking the player abilities stats or the weight of those stats. That's what I think Konami have also done. With the global editor that they might have, all that they could have done is to tweak the values globally and also at the same time maintain the balance in the game. A tweaked option file is only 5MB.

2. Since the release of PES 2010 and WE 2010, not even once Konami have told us in detail on the gameplay improvements they have made through patches. If that means nothing has happened gameplay-wise, I suggest you to play the unpatched retail copy of PES/WE 2010 and v1.03 of PES/WE 2010. Tell me if there are any gameplay differences. The v1.00 and v1.03 are two completely different games. Also PES 2009 went through official gameplay tweaks but Konami told us nothing in those lines. So it's not new.

3. I play Winning Eleven 2010 which is a superior game to PES 2010 (which I also have). That could also be a reason why you don't see the changes that I see. Plus, gameplay experience can be impacted by various factors such as which TV you play on, whether it is SD or HD, size of the TV, the resolution of the TV, wireless/wired controllers, what you expect from the game, what kind of football you like etc. What is slow for you, could be fast for me. What's fluid for me may not be fluid for you. So, just say that you don't see the difference. Don't talk for me please.

4. The differences in gameplay are very obvious when you are playing for and against top teams. The teams which have most of their players in the 80s and 90s in most of the attributes. If master league is what you play, I think you may not see too much of a difference. If you're playing with top teams or champions league, you must see the difference. If you don't I'm sorry for you.

The TV you play on definitely makes a difference in perception of game speed now that many panels can refresh at 120Hz and above. It might affect your timing slightly, but you can adjust as all humans do. Personally football is football, and we all still play the game in the same way, regardless of the minor gameplay tweaks.

It's simple, if you sort of hated the game before the patch you will see a difference, if you liked the game before the patch you won't see a difference

Ok I have just played a 15 minute game on my ML in the Europa Cup against Lille at home.

First impressions are that I definately feel something has been tweaked. I have played 7 seasons on ML, 15 minute games, so there is no question I have played it to death. This game felt different. I know that every game feels different on PES, and one game is no where near enough to judge, but this is what I felt.

1. The response of the players seemed more fluid and quicker. Even my poor defenders didnt turn as slow as they did, and my better players seemed alot smoother and the animations seemed quicker.

2. The passing looked tweaked with more variety in the height and bobble of the normal pass.

3. The CPU was very direct. On Top Player Lille had 13 shots with 7 on target, I had 14 shots with 8 on target. I dont think I ever remember a CPU team ever being so attacking. The game finished 1-1 and the keepers spilt alot less shots, and parried to distance.

Overall it just felt alot more responsive and smoother. Cant comment on the refs as they was very few fouls.

I really dont think I'm imagining this, and Konami do have a reputation of not announcing anything about anything, so that argument doesnt hold water with me. The fact they issued a patch as well as DLC which was the boots and the balls leads me to believe gameplay tweaks have certainly been applied.

Need more games though to see more.

Edit - Are all these online competitions new or have I just missed them ? I dont ever recall seeing Champions League competitions online before :CONFUSE:

Last edited:
Four things:

1. A patch to improve the gameplay need not be in gigabytes.

2. PES 2009 went through official gameplay tweaks but Konami told us nothing in those lines. So it's not new.

3. Plus, gameplay experience can be impacted by various factors such as which TV you play on, whether it is SD or HD, size of the TV, the resolution of the TV, wireless/wired controllers, what you expect from the game, what kind of football you like etc.

4. The differences in gameplay are very obvious when you are playing for and against top teams.

1. Where did anybody say that this couldn't be a gameplay patch because of its size? You're answering a point that nobody has made.

2. PES2009 had unannounced gameplay tweaks? I strongly disagree. I played it pretty much all year round - until April or May I think. You assume a precedent where none exists. Please don't tell me this is a 'well-known fact' accepted by all. Please point me toward any official statement from anybody at Konami confirming that PES2009 had gameplay tweaks.

3. The screen size and nature being a factor in gamespeed is certainly a possibility for me. But I'd have noticed those obvious changes to PES2010's general gameplay, surely?

4. I don't play Master League, mainly BaL, Leagues, CL tournaments etc, where I come up against a lot of top teams and play with them too. PES2010 strikes me as being the same game it was on release day. I loved it then and still love it, for the record.

1. Where did anybody say that this couldn't be a gameplay patch because of its size? You're answering a point that nobody has made.

2. PES2009 had unannounced gameplay tweaks? I strongly disagree. I played it pretty much all year round - until April or May I think. You assume a precedent where none exists. Please don't tell me this is a 'well-known fact' accepted by all. Please point me toward any official statement from anybody at Konami confirming that PES2009 had gameplay tweaks.

3. The screen size and nature being a factor in gamespeed is certainly a possibility for me. But I'd have noticed those obvious changes to PES2010's general gameplay, surely?

4. I don't play Master League, mainly BaL, Leagues, CL tournaments etc, where I come up against a lot of top teams and play with them too. PES2010 strikes me as being the same game it was on release day. I loved it then and still love it, for the record.

I haven't gotten the patch yet so I can't really comment, but bluchampblogger here claims to be playing Winning Eleven 2010 more than PES, so maybe he sees some improvements that we don't see because we haven't played Winning Eleven. That is, assuming all this talk about Winning Eleven being better than PES is true

there are changes to the gameplay....definitely not a placebo effect.
just do a short pass to a player 2-3m away from you and the difference is obvious.

Exactly gameplay change
I play PC version,
now touch ball is smooth and easy like PES in old-gen
And computer attack direct with more through-ball pass

I confirm, the gameplay is better, on line too(yesterday for the first time it happens a green connection match and it was amazing, like playing at home with your mates;))...Unfortunately Idiot referees are still there and unstoppable Messi, Ronaldo, Kakà, too...Then I remind you all ball selection on line bug...

the cpu now attacks in more different ways and the goalkeepers have better reactions on short-range shots.
the pace is a tad slower and the passes, too.
pc/ps3

Like I said, I haven't felt any difference while playing ML, so I have to test more in other game modes to find out if there is any difference. If anything there might have been a bit more card showing by the refs, but I still didn't get obvious pens and I was still shouting "FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY KICK THE BALL INSTEAD OF JUST STANDING THERE" because of some rather sleepy reaction times. I still believe Konami could have slipped in a few tweaks to alter the gameplay without announcing them, they are Konami, after all. Plus those which seem most certain that the whole thing is just a placebo effect don't seem to like the game one bit even if some claim to play it every hour of every day.

there are changes to the gameplay....definitely not a placebo effect.
just do a short pass to a player 2-3m away from you and the difference is obvious.

You hit the nail on the head mate. Best comment of the week! All it takes is just one normal pass with a player that you are familiar with.

bluchampblogger, are you talking about WE 1.03 or PES 1.03 ?

Since you have both games, would you consider PES 1.03 equal to WE ?

I'm on PS3 and i think the game seems quicker? Players like Robinho seem unstoppable, even Pato to a extent! Keepers better but defenders play a really stupid high line now?

Does anybody think the boots make a difference?

I had my BAL player playing with the new Predators and every shot was low and powerful. Switched him back to the old red and grey total 90's and his shot are back to being more graceful and ellegant?

Strange.

I'm on PS3 and i think the game seems quicker? Players like Robinho seem unstoppable, even Pato to a extent! Keepers better but defenders play a really stupid high line now?

Does anybody think the boots make a difference?

I had my BAL player playing with the new Predators and every shot was low and powerful. Switched him back to the old red and grey total 90's and his shot are back to being more graceful and ellegant?

Strange.

I have noticed this as well. The fact that boots have attributes is ridiculous.

Since installing the patch I seem to be scoring way more goals, before I was winning games 1-0 and drawing lots (all in Master League), I have played about 7 games since installing the patch and I have scored at least 3 goals in each game. I am playing as Blackburn Rovers and Juan Mata is now unstoppable, he burst through with huge speed and also seems to have the new yellow Nike boots and his shots are flying in. Will test it more tonight.

I have been working on an edited gameplay version of the game and since installing the patch, the gameplay seems to have improved.

I have been playing with player stats edited to make the game harder and more smooth, but couldn't put my finger on what else needed edited to get the gameplay right.

Whatever changes have been made behind the scenes have improved the game for me, but like I say, my version has been tweaked already.

On mine, I have noticed players opposition players shoot a lot more and especially if they are talented enough, they will shoot from distance. I played one game against chelsea and drogba scored from 35 yards and lampard hit two thunderbolts that went close.

The opposition is more intelligent and pass better going forward. Keepers are definitely better which really needed sorted out. One thing I have noticed is that there is less sittuations where you have a player running at a defence who then back off in a line allowing a shot.

bluchampblogger, are you talking about WE 1.03 or PES 1.03 ?

Since you have both games, would you consider PES 1.03 equal to WE ?

I wouldn't know mate because I haven't played PES 2010 v1.03. I'm only playing Winning Eleven 2010 which was already better than PES and now with the v1.03, it's gone even better. So I guess it must still be better than PES.

Back
Top Bottom