Patch v1.03 has improved the GAMEPLAY!!!

I'm struggling to notice a difference after applying the patch. Admittedly I've only played a couple of games so maybe I need to give it more time. If it has at least fixed the refs and improved the keepers then that's good enough for me.

no changes in the gameplay for me.

still no penaties, still clumpsy animations, still no possibility of editing the player position at the same time of exchanging the player etc.

where is the brilliance of the PS2 versions gone?
all they have to do is take the PS2 versions and make better graphics (animations were top, speed was right, referees gave penalties)
Quite agree with you m8.:SMUG:
Still loving PS2 version.
What KONAMI should do, is to release PS2 version with better graphic.:P

It's been a couple of weeks now. If there was a gameplay patch in 1.03, Konami would have said so at the time for certain.

The burden of proof is entirely on the believers' side. There is no proof whatsoever other than subjective opinion, however sincerely held and passionately believed, which isn't any kind of proof at all.

PES2009 was NEVER quietly gameplay-patched, so that's a false precedent. I would ask people who believe that PES2009 was indeed gameplay-patched to at least point me towards the discussions about it (similar to this discussion, presumably) that took place after the fact last year.

And it's also not true that PES2010 players 'are split' about this. What is true is that posters on threads in several message boards about the issue are split. That's a tiny fraction of PES2010 players and I'd suggest in no way representative of all players. I'd hazard a guess that most players of PES2010 actually haven't noticed a blind bit of difference in the game after 1.03. Which is only right, really.

Konami won't say anything about a non-patch because why would they get involved in what amounts to an online squabble?

There was no gameplay patch in update 1.03. I believe that PES2010's natural tendency to be variable from session to session (in terms of play mechanics, gamespeed, overall 'feel' etc.), is behind all of this patch nonsense.

Last edited:
^^ Mr Houchen talks a lot of sense.

He does indeed. After a bit more play the only thing I have noticed is the refs blow for fouls more, but even then some absolute horror tackles are going unnoticed. Keepers still seem a bit suspect and the pace of the game and response times feel identical to me.

For me, something "feels" different. But like a 18 year old swedish hot female virgin - "I can't can't seem to put my finger on it"

I'm NOT commiting to a "Major Revelation! it's better! it rocks now, it was shite before compared to this!" view on this yet.

NOTE: I am really growing to LOVE this version (2010), but...

Let's be honest now:

- Passing changes: someone said the passes are more accurate. IMO the series has always had problems with not 100% passing where you were pointing/directing. If it is indeed better, IMO it's not as good as FIFA's semi-auto passing (imo). Not to start an argument but both Pro Evo 2010 AND FIFA 2010 PS3/Xbox360 passing is vastly inferior to Pro Evo 2008 WII, so imagine Pro Evo 2010 WII...!

- Penalties: Most of us agree the new camera angle and new mechanics are still a sore point, and if they are more frequent now then that's good - in terms of we now get to try them out in game more, thus get better at them.

- Dribbling animations: IMO as an 3D Animator, the actual run "cycles" do look a little smoother. Also the transitions between other actions SEEM less abrupt*. This could be a change to the keyframes / bone positions (which would be small download fix) and the transitions are more likely something fixed in code that was maybe a bug in the first release (again small).

- Goalies: Fairly subjective, this kind of relies on whether the individual has average shots that seem to be saved better, OR the player bangs them in in a hot streak of form, thus gibing the impression the goalies are the same. (Agree with previous posters comments on there being "seasonal" variations in an individual's skill. I will admit that the parying seems better (they deflect more off to the side than back out straight to an awaiting opposition player) but that could just be my form at the moment!

(Scientifically):
* Stop the "who believes what" and get 2 x PS3s side by side (with 2 X TVs of course) and 1.03 on one TV and 1.00 on the other...?
- look at the run cycles
- play 10 games performing 10 slide tackles from the same angle (and ref obviously) and measure results - need 100 slide tackles as an experiment. Same teams and settings etc.

(Theoretical):
Gameplay changes would not require massive downloads on a code level so yeah they COULD have sneaked them in there.

(Religiously):
Ring Konami, get a signed letter from the "maker" of the game (Seabass is the God there)stating there are game changes

(Placebo):
Nothing's changed and some people have crossed into the "now I love the game after a bumpy start"

Having said that about the Placebo, how many years (back when the PS2 versions came out) that we said in the first few months "hate it, this is wrong etc etc" not only to turn around at the 6 month mark and say "loving this now". Remember there were NO patches from Konami on the PS2 versions (unless someone wants to correct me as I stopped at PES 5 on PS2)

:-)

Last edited:
I've noticed a marked difference. Less jerky. CPU AI actually shoots from range and more players join in their attacks. Keepers making some blinding saves and parrying a little further. Responsiveness seems a little better and the speed a little slower.

Not sure how others haven't noticed. Maybe it depends greatly on which teams you choose, and what style you play. Maybe even your tv plays a part.

I have a problem with the update file on XBOX 360. After downloading update files from Download section it applied to game automaticly. After playing game I turned off my console. A few hours later I turned on my console and signed in with my profile. But I didnt connect to Xbox Live because I didnt plug the network cable. After starting game I noticed a warning message that says "Load failed" . And it does not apply update files to the game. I have added an screen shot of that warning message. Please can you help about this problem? Do I have to sign in to Xbox Live everytime in order to apply game updates?

i361907_s6300771.jpg

Last edited:
i know man
i mean when i see the fluidity and the smoothness of fifa animations , i realize how jerky and robotic is the pes 2010 animations

I have a problem with the update file on XBOX 360. After downloading update files from Download section it applied to game automaticly. After playing game I turned off my console. A few hours later I turned on my console and signed in with my profile. But I didnt connect to Xbox Live because I didnt plug the network cable. After starting game I noticed a warning message that says "Load failed" . And it does not apply update files to the game. I have added an screen shot of that warning message. Please can you help about this problem? Do I have to sign in to Xbox Live everytime in order to apply game updates?

i361907_s6300771.jpg

Can someone answer my question pls?
When I sign in to Xbox Live and start my game everything looks OK. I can play my PES 2010 with DLC update files applied and it works good. But whenever I turn on my console without signing in to Xbox Live it does not load DLC update files. I just want to know do I have to sign in to Xbox Live everytime when I turn on my console?

He does indeed. After a bit more play the only thing I have noticed is the refs blow for fouls more, but even then some absolute horror tackles are going unnoticed. Keepers still seem a bit suspect and the pace of the game and response times feel identical to me.

Spot on mate!

For me, game changed somehow, but I've got used to it already. In nextgen PES' "never before happended" things are going on. In old times, I got tired to play, in nextgen times, I get bored. That's the problem and I don't know how Konami managed to loose its magic :(

Any ideas how to install the DLC via USB or disc? just moved to a new flat and i have no internet as yet....any clues?

Any ideas how to install the DLC via USB or disc? just moved to a new flat and i have no internet as yet....any clues?

I wouldn't bother. The latest patch seems to have ruined the game for me, and all for a new ball that you can't select anyway and a pair of white adidas boots.

I've had my best games on the previous patch. For some reason, my crosses now are all floated, shots are tame, and the sound of the crowd is diminished.

Is there any way of getting the old patch back?

Back
Top Bottom