One of the worst games ever released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickhead

Non-League
22 March 2005
Im 33, ive been a gamer for years, ive seen games released with problems.

This though is a different matter, this game is a joke.

Are you telling me Konami actually looked at the replays and thought " yeah they look good, dont do any more to them".

Did they actually test the online side of things?, the lag is disgusting.

Im sorry but for a company like Konami to release this "shit" is totally digusting.

I suggest emailing them and asking for a full refund.

And dont say the word " patch", Konami will take 5 months to release one and all it wont do sod all.

@ KONAMI....SHAME ON YOU.

Here-here, it sucks, big time. Played the demo, didn't like it, thought I would give the full game a chance, seeing as I've been playing Pro day in, day out for years. But no, it just won't do. Took mine back and got my money back.

Totally agree, this game is a joke. Even the games designed for 8-bit machines had better framerate 20 years ago. I'm going back to PES6 in X360 and enjoy its smoothness despite its poor options.

More than a year of development on a machine capable to run games like GT5 resulting in a game that runs at 15 fps and shows replays at 3 fps? Too bad Konami, too bad [-X

One last version of GGS and it's over, i won't waste my time and my money any more.

Totally agree, this game is a joke. Even the games designed for 8-bit machines had better framerate 20 years ago. I'm going back to PES6 in X360 and enjoy its smoothness despite its poor options.

More than a year of development on a machine capable to run games like GT5 resulting in a game that runs at 15 fps and shows replays at 3 fps? Too bad Konami, too bad [-X

One last version of GGS and it's over, i won't waste my time and my money any more.

Obocaman.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your GGS is quality.

You'll be loving it in a month when online is lagless!
It is day 1 of release... F.F.S.
If replays are all that matters to you then you should be playing "The Movies" on PC!

Playability is great, and having you and your mates faces in the teams is hilarious :)

Look, i'm not an hardcore gamer, but i have playd football for 30 years.
FIFA has improved a lot, but only PES plays like real football.
In FIFa all players are alike...in PEs they each have their own playing style...that's what's great about PES. And although FIFa has improved a lot it stil has a long way to go.

Tat does not mean that it's a shame that KONAMI have released the game like it is now with all the stuttering and the other obvious flaws. In taht aspect they hve a lot to learn form EA.

I was playing on 360 last night and scored a goal with rooney. The camera showed him celebrating and all the crowd and stadium disappeared and was replaced by a white screen. This is clearly a serious bug/glitch and should not be in a final release game costing £40. Ive never seen a glitch like this on any other pes game, or any other game come to mention it on a console.

I think Konami is seriously taking the p*ss. And to say its only just been released is no excuse. This is a final release game.

It all boils down to the fact that for years PES has been miles ahead in terms of realistic, playable footy, of Fifa. They know that even though they have incredibly weakened the game over the last few years its still slightly better. If only we had the strength and will-power to boycot this game in numbers then we would hit the basturds were it hurts. Listening to that wanker seabass he was saying next years version (a week before this was released) was going to be next gen, says it all, the last 2 years they have done nothing. Lazy basturds, I only hope there is a European developer out there making a footy game that were unaware of, and they make a decent game so we can fuck EA and Konami off, after all what do Japs and Yanks know about footy, clearly fuck all.

Thanks Konami for producing a Sega Arcade Footy game this year, you did well!

Six Reasons Why I Hate PES2008 - The Movie

All about CPU cheating. I've provided this as proof that the CPU cheats but I can never prove it 100% because I'd have to have one camera recording the buttons I press on the pad as well, so believe it or don't believe it. But I'm hoping four years on these boards - and the fact that I've been bothered to record all of this and post it before I take the game back - shows that I deserve some trust.

(Apologies for posting in more than one thread, but I think it's relevant to each one I've posted it in)

Don't even need to watch it to know that you are right mate.

The core gameplay is still visible but it is marred by so many flaws that the game is down to a level where it is barely playable. If you want to look past all the issues and feel satisfied with the game then I'm pleased for you. But surely it is plain as day that without so many of the little flaws the bigger game would be much better?

Its a disgrace considering PEs5.4 was one the worst on the 360.

1 year on and its got more features but shit framerate and pingpong football.

Not buying until they release a next gen game.

i totally agree with all of the above....got the pc version (by hook or by crook)...and the framerate issues in the replays are a shame..

Ive got an xbox 360 and PS3 and I will not go near this game on that version....£40-£50 on console & £17 on pc...same game ?????

The gameplay is just too fast...when a patch comes out for this for the pc and the kitservers and stadium servers get released then the pc version will come into its own...if the modifiers can be bothered that is...

ive got fifa 08 and that is surprisingly good this year and i will not be getting rid of that..with so many good games out in Q4 2008, Konami will be crossing everything that people will not trade this in in a few weeks.

By the way...does anyone know how to play a 32 team tourney with only one player on the pc...ive only got one joystick connected and it will not let me get started...could do in every version on PES to date...but not this one...ggrr

gamertag - rikki32

Well done Jack that vid is superb you nailed the issues there. I hope Konami sees it. This years effort was abysmal the very least they could have done would have been to give us a decent editor the Lazy B######S.
The have had loads of time by now we should have had weather effects like snow , muddy pitches even anthems for internationals.
In Fifa the commentator names almost every player a guy even announces their names if they score. Its not like the Xbox 360 and and PS3 don’t have the power .Ive been a massive Pro Evo fan through the years but ill not be going anywhere near it again unless there is a massive improvement much as I hate to see it Fifa is the King now and Konami only have themselves to blame

Nice video!

And yet all the fook ups 5-1 I'm happy to pass as things which make the game unpredictable and not robotic like old FIFA.
The occasional crap pass, bad run is your individual players fooking up because of their luck and stats ...its realism and what I like about the game.
Yep its AI, and it can be frustrating but it is the reason its so god damn addictive....
its unpredictable.
If for instance that upward pass from Gerrard in the vid. always went the wrong way and to the opposition it would be crap programming,but no usually they go to their man. They program in the occasional shit pass/shot/run/slide/head thus all kinds of swear words exit my mouth when it happens, but its the same for all and makes it unpredictable.
Too unpredictable? thus frustrating for some.....eg u .

I love it and loved pes6 so its obviously catering for some!
The ability to add faces of mates makes up for all the lack of licences and almost the shit addboards!

Six Reasons Why I Hate PES2008 - The Movie

All about CPU cheating. I've provided this as proof that the CPU cheats but I can never prove it 100% because I'd have to have one camera recording the buttons I press on the pad as well, so believe it or don't believe it. But I'm hoping four years on these boards - and the fact that I've been bothered to record all of this and post it before I take the game back - shows that I deserve some trust.

(Apologies for posting in more than one thread, but I think it's relevant to each one I've posted it in)

It's not "cheating", it's just bugs.

Too unpredictable? thus frustrating for some.....eg u .
Yep, some people like it, some don't. Badgerman has said in another thread that he likes the added challenge, but in my eyes it's wrong. It's like, if any of those bugs happens while shooting - especially the deflection one - the game might as well just go to a black screen and then come back with the CPU in possession half way up the pitch. I find it infuriating, and totally wrong now that we're in next-gen territory. I'd rather the game was unpredictable because of what the CPU could achieve, rather than what black magic it could perform on you.

But each to his own. :)

It's not "cheating", it's just bugs.
It happens to your players, but you can't do it to the CPU players. So I class it as cheating - but they are bugs as well. Four bugs a game is four bugs too many for me, anyway.

bought the game yesterday. played 6 hours, gave it back to gamespoint.

my first konami game was iss on snes back in 1994 or so. from that day on i got all versions up to pes 2008, which turned out to be a complete disgrace.

imo pes is not all about an evolution anymore, it's not even stagnation. graphics are worse compared to the last version and most of all considering the fact that this is supposed to be a 'next-gen' game. it's more an xbl arcade sensible soccer pick-up-and-play title now.

fifa, on the other hand, has made a huge step forward. but most users here hype fifa a bit too much. don't forget that it's still not nearly as intuitive and unpredictable as pro evolution. i have completed 3 seasons of managermode and sadly, i'm bored already.

so imo this year we're stuck to 2 average football titles. one constantly going downwards, the other one being at least a prospect for next year. atm i only see light at the end of the tunnel with fifa.

btw, check this graph i made. reviews are from gameworld. says it all

pesfifaza2.jpg

talking about the online game does it make a difference that the difficulty online is set to beginner as default and can't be changed?

I thought this would effect com controlled players and keepers.

cant agree more with all sentiments

this game doesnt feel right. far too quick, doesn't allow you to play a relaxing game of enjoyable football, like the others did

talking about the online game does it make a difference that the difficulty online is set to beginner as default and can't be changed?

I thought this would effect com controlled players and keepers.
I don't think so, I think it's just displaying that because online has a set difficulty that you can't play with, and it's just showing a default option rather than having it's own special name. They wouldn't be that stupid.

Im 33, ive been a gamer for years, ive seen games released with problems.

This though is a different matter, this game is a joke.

Are you telling me Konami actually looked at the replays and thought " yeah they look good, dont do any more to them".

Did they actually test the online side of things?, the lag is disgusting.

Im sorry but for a company like Konami to release this "shit" is totally digusting.

I suggest emailing them and asking for a full refund.

And dont say the word " patch", Konami will take 5 months to release one and all it wont do sod all.

@ KONAMI....SHAME ON YOU.

i like your user name your not konami's lead tester by anychance are you :lmao:

i like your user name your not konami's lead tester by anychance are you :lmao:
Don't be daft. He's lead programmer. :thumbup:

Sorry to the fanboys who get offended by that, couldn't resist. Talk about the FIFA toilet-paper you have to cool yourself down again if you want.

off topic but jack your a bit strange listing all the games you want and how much they all come too, who gives a shit you sad fucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom