Official Transfers Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is shocking, they spend sooooo much cash on their forwards and midfield anf then think they can do with 2nd rate defenders, like xavier. i truly am shocked!!!!

Well, I certain that Defoe is leaving West Ham. I've heard on Argie football that Tevez is going to either Inter or AC, and I think Rivaldo will go to Brazil. I've heard Michael Carrick is going Spurs and David James is leaving, don't know where to, but apparently Boro are interested.

I know this thread is all about ruùours, but i read that both Stankovic and Tevez would go to Inter Milan...
I don't understand why all these class players keep going to Inter, they 're perennial underachievers...

gerd said:
I know this thread is all about ruùours, but i read that both Stankovic and Tevez would go to Inter Milan...
I don't understand why all these class players keep going to Inter, they 're perennial underachievers...

Probably because Vieri is going to Ch£l$ki ;)

gerd said:

I've never understood the affinity that players have with Inter, even Ronaldo says he wants to go back.

Maybe Prof Nutmeg can tell us he knows his Seria A.

They're one of the biggest clubs in the world, although in recent years they have massively underachieved, much like Barcelona.

ClassicD said:
They're one of the biggest clubs in the world, although in recent years they have massively underachieved, much like Barcelona.

Yeah I know that, although its unfair to compare them with Barca cos Barca have only managed one European Cup and not really figured to strongly in the comp ( :oops: I think).

So with Inter not reaching a final for so long, im wondering, especially with the south american contingent they attract, what makes them so appealing.

C'mon Prof fill us in on abit of history!!

ClassicD said:

Isn't it strange that professional players choose a club because it as the reputation of being "one of the biggest clubs in the world"...
Not only are Inter underachieving, but they change sack coaches like i change my underwear (well not quite, but you got the picture...)

Reputatiion is a strange thing...

gerd said:
ClassicD said:

Isn't it strange that professional players choose a club because it as the reputation of being "one of the biggest clubs in the world"...
Not only are Inter underachieving, but they change sack coaches like i change my underwear (well not quite, but you got the picture...)

Reputatiion is a strange thing...

It sure is, look at liverpool :mrgreen:

I don't think it's strange, it's good that clubs' reputations can last through such poor times for the said club and still be enough to attract big names.

Vann they're appealing because they're one of the biggest clubs in the world, what else is there to want to know? Always challenging for the title in one of the 'Big 3' leagues, and always expected to go far in the CL each year.

Barcelona are the same (well up until 2/3 years ago), massive club in a massive league, always in CL and expected to go far by fans. Man Utd have only won 2 CL's compared to god knows how many from Madrid, Milan, Ajax, etc, does that mean they're not as big?

Manchester United have a worldwide appeal because of the heroïsm that surrounds the club: the 1958 air tragedy of the Busby babes, the fact that they rebuild the team around a few survivors and that this teams was the first English team to win EC1, the relegation in the seventies, the ressurection under Ferguson, the strange way how they won their second EC1 (in extra-time) and of course the charismatic players: Duncan Edwards, George Best, Robson, Giggs, Cantona, Beckham, Keane,...

Jimmy The Hammer said:
Well, I certain that Defoe is leaving West Ham. I've heard on Argie football that Tevez is going to either Inter or AC, and I think Rivaldo will go to Brazil. I've heard Michael Carrick is going Spurs and David James is leaving, don't know where to, but apparently Boro are interested.

Id rule boro out for James, we've got Schwarzer Nash and Turnbull. As for Carrick ive also heard rumours up here that Newcastle are again interested.

Back to the Boro - rumour has it Ravenelli will be ehare on 6month contract since he's unemployed :shock: Lord help us all!

Well, as for Inter Vnz, it's just a case of it's historical reputation in Italy i suppose. Stuff like, they are the only team, along with Juventus, to have never been relegated from Serie A. and they're often cited as the team that revolutionised Italian football (a while back). Great Stadium, great derbys, lots of past silverware, and a chance to have a pop at more silverware. If they were in Serie B, it would be a different story, naturally, i mean look at fallen giants Napoli. Although they still get players (often native Napolitans) going back to end their careers there.

:)

ClassicD said:
Barcelona are the same (well up until 2/3 years ago), massive club in a massive league, always in CL and expected to go far by fans. Man Utd have only won 2 CL's compared to god knows how many from Madrid, Milan, Ajax, etc, does that mean they're not as big?

No we've won two European Cups but we've only won the CL once in my eyes.

Anyway so what we've "only" won two European Cups, only a handful of clubs have won the same or more than that it makes me laugh when people attempt to use that as some sort of feeble critiscm to the club.

The fact that we've won it in the last 5 years and made to at least the best 8 in Europe for the best part of ten 10 years is good enough for me, oh not to mention domintaing our domestic league, so thats more than anyone but Madrid and Bayern have managed to do, yeah we play 2nd fiddle to Madrid, doesnt everyone.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Well, as for Inter Vnz, it's just a case of it's historical reputation in Italy i suppose. Stuff like, they are the only team, along with Juventus, to have never been relegated from Serie A. and they're often cited as the team that revolutionised Italian football (a while back). Great Stadium, great derbys, lots of past silverware, and a chance to have a pop at more silverware. If they were in Serie B, it would be a different story, naturally, i mean look at fallen giants Napoli. Although they still get players (often native Napolitans) going back to end their careers there.

:)

Cheers Prof, thats what I was after.

gerd said:
Manchester United have a worldwide appeal because of the heroïsm that surrounds the club: the 1958 air tragedy of the Busby babes, the fact that they rebuild the team around a few survivors and that this teams was the first English team to win EC1, the relegation in the seventies, the ressurection under Ferguson, the strange way how they won their second EC1 (in extra-time) and of course the charismatic players: Duncan Edwards, George Best, Robson, Giggs, Cantona, Beckham, Keane,...

Theres no questioning to Uniteds history, anyone that thinks we've become the biggest club in the world overnight must be thick as fuck!!

Vann, I'm not having a go at Utd, I was responding to your point about inferring Barcelona were not a huge club because they've only won it once, in that you've only won it twice (or once if you go by your own view on it).

CL, European Cup, it's the same thing - the cream of Europe of that time battling it out for the big prize.

And I'm not questioning Man Utd's history, but for me they're not the biggest club in the world, Madrid are, by a country mile.

Professor Nutmeg said:
I remember Gary Bailey. :)

LOL, he was a great keeper!!

Prof on the Inter thing, they seem to attract some good south americans, I know south american players are quite revered in Seria A (Mutu made some interesting comments on that recently) but have Inter had a history of south american players??

ClassicD said:
Vann, I'm not having a go at Utd, I was responding to your point about inferring Barcelona were not a huge club because they've only won it once, in that you've only won it twice (or once if you go by your own view on it).

CL, European Cup, it's the same thing - the cream of Europe of that time battling it out for the big prize.

And I'm not questioning Man Utd's history, but for me they're not the biggest club in the world, Madrid are, by a country mile.

Thats your opinion mate, to me they (Madrid) are the best, no doubting that and I suppose as glory hunters go everyone supports them for that very reason.

If thats how you define "biggest" then fair enough....

To me thats glory hunting, like everyone supporting Brazil, or The Lakers.

But everyones different, yet its funny that our worldwide support are contantly labeled gloryhunters and we've "only" (i love that) won it twice...

Interesting.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
gerd said:

I've never understood the affinity that players have with Inter, even Ronaldo says he wants to go back.

It's fucking obvious they only go for the money, a bit like Chelsea if ya know what I mean. ;)

Zico said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
gerd said:

It's fucking obvious they only go for the money, a bit like Chelsea if ya know what I mean. ;)

Unlike Wiltord, Kanu, Henry, Pires, Vieira etc. who are always clamouring to have their wages reduced! ;)

Vnz, ties between Italy and Argentina are close. Very much so when it comes to football. You'll notice some Argies will actually have Italian surnames (ok, i can't think of an example right now, but, it's true). Then, from a foreigners perception, when you think of Italian Football teams, you normally think of a handfull, Inter included. Not too sure historically, but in more recent years, when one Argie crosses the seas and joins the club, others will no doubt follow suit (particularly if the aforementioned did well) to emulate the same success etc. But really this goes for the whole country, and you'll find South Americans, and particularly Argentinians throughout Serie A, from Inter, through Udinese and down to Lecce etc. Latin ties i suppose.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Zico said:

Well duh!!!

The less cynical side of me was hoping for a different reason.

but there aint no other reason, simple as that. Ok they sign for Inter Milan because they just love to wear the famous blue and black jersey. :mrgreen: I tell you, it's all in the jersey man.

T Butcher fan said:
Zico said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
gerd said:

Unlike Wiltord, Kanu, Henry, Pires, Vieira etc. who are always clamouring to have their wages reduced! ;)

If you think about it, it was an opportunity for most of them to make something of their careers. The Wham,B'burn and Saints players and who'd heard of Mutu before August?? (not counting you Prof! ;) )

Crespo got the chance to get out of what looks from the outside, a really shitty club (ask Vieri) and Makalele, despite winning all these trophies, was treated like a prize cnut at Real. Same with Veron.

Zico said:
but there aint no other reason, simple as that. Ok they sign for Inter Milan because they just love to wear the famous blue and black jersey. :mrgreen: I tell you, it's all in the jersey man.

Fuckin jersey??

What you a yank or something??

I think you'll find zico, that not all players are like that, how else do you explain players going to clubs for less money just to play for "The Shirt"

From my own clubs point of view, Ruud could have gone to Madrid for a better wage before he joined, Keano could have got a better wage from Blackburn at the time he joined, Ole could have joined Spurs for more money.

And im sure you'll find instances of the same from other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom