Official Transfers Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferguson is a fucking hypocrite, he's acting like Pogba has played for United since he was 6 years old. Can't wait to see him play in the beautiful black and white.

And good riddance. He is young and talented. But any money grabbing bastard needs to leave OT as soon as bloody possible, goodbye.

Ah, jesus. This is a typical post for an English fan.
Imagine your boss saying the same thing...all of us would be on our way out.
Any money grabbing bastard needs to leave OT? Fine by me. You will be without players and just need to forfeit for a couple of seasons. Because guess what...they are all money grabbing bastards and rightly so, football is their profession.
For most of the the fans it's a dream job, for them it is their daily job with all the tedium and the boring aspects...
Just admit that you are frustrated that a promising player has left for a foreign club. Once in a while it happens to big English clubs. Meanwhile those same clubs are buying 15 year olds all over the world...i guess when a player comes to your club (no matter which one), he surely isn't a money grabbing bastard? Do you think he does it out of love for your club? Keep on dreaming.

That said, it is absolutely crazy how much money those very young players earn. I've already told the story of our current Belgian under 16 NT. According to people who claim to know those things, this is a wonder team. Those same people say that in that team there are 5 or 6 players better than Eden Hazard (i know this sounds unbelievable, and in the end it doesn't matter if it's true, fact is that there is a huge hype around those players). Only one player is still playing in Belgium (a couple of weeks ago young Musonda left Anderlecht for Chelsea), with Racing Genk. All the other players are plying their trade all over Europe: Man Utd, Chelsea, Inter and even Sporting Club de Lisboa. I've heard to story of a Belgian club (AA Gent) who wanted to contact one of these players. They had to contact him by his agent. The agent asked a 300.000 euro fee only for talking. That is insane. It is not good for a 15 year old kid.

What would i do if it was my son? I honestly haven't got a clue.

Ah, jesus. This is a typical post for an English fan.

Bit harsh...

I think the point he was trying to make is that we'd prefer to have someone at the club who wants to be there to play football.
A (fairly) unknown youth player, on the verge of breaking into the first team, trying to hold the club to ransom is definitely not what any team wants.
Several have tried it with United in the past, and not many have set the world alight after they left for greener pastures.

And before the Rooney incident is mentioned, the reason behind that was to make sure we were still going to be competitive & look to bring in quality players. The fact he got a big raise is a bonus, but let's be honest, we would all try that if we could.

Sorry Gerd, I meant for his age he's a money grabber.. What right does an 19 year old without a proven record have to try and hold the board to ransom at one of the biggest clubs in Europe, he's 19 for gods sake! If I was playing football now for manchester united I would honest to god, no word of a lie, work minimum wage for the club until I was proven, and only then would I ask for a pay rise, but never would I try to hold them till they gave me obscene amounts. Football should be what it is all about, not money, unfortunately football can't survive without the money. And until we see a change we will have more Rangers style collapses, maybe when one of the biggest clubs collapses the players will look up and think maybe we can help, by not wanting so much. Other clubs can look and think, the transfer fee we asked for him was a bit mental, who wants to pay £35million for a useless Geordie?
I can keep dreaming, I guess.

Lucio (Inter Milan) ---> Juventus
39b69264-b9a5-4d8e-b6ab-dd142269669d.jpg

The thing is everyone knew Pogba was like this, he broke and agreement and left Torcy to join Le Harve because he was offered financial incentives. He left Le Harve before his contract expired to join Man Utd because he was offered (via his parents) a hundred thousand pounds and a house by Man Utd, and now he has left them for more money.

You don't need to apologize. My post wasn't meant to be harsh.
I can see what you mean: he should prove himself before asking a salary rise. But are we sure that it went like that (i wouldn't be amazed at all if it did)? Maybe the guy got an offer from Juventus that seemed attractive for both financial and football reasons. Maybe he got the feeling that he was on a dead end with Man Utd? We will probably don't know.

I don't know at which position Pogba plays, but i could understand if he was a midfield player. As much as i love Paul Scholes, i don't thing recalling him was the wisest thing Ferguson did as manager. I can see that the team actually played better with him, but it was an act of a desperate man. A short term solution (and was it a solution, in the end Man Utd lost the title) for the first team and on top of that a wrong message for the youth players and the fringe players. I remember somebody here asking himself how Anderson must have felt when Scholes suddenly stepped in that dressing room. One could ask the same thing about the young players.

It would be unfair towards Ferguson to say that he overlooks youth products. A manager who build a team around Scholes, Butt, the Neville Brothers and Beckham (i could also mention Giggs, but he came from City) has done a great job. Everybody makes mistakes and IMO calling Paul Scholes back was a rather big mistake (and once again: Scholes has been one of the best players in the world and did very well when he came back).

What I don't understand is why switch from a club where he has just began to push for first team football, getting a lot of bench time which always leads to game time, to one where essentially he will be mixed with a group of young footballers battling again for a bench place, money seems the only logic to me, Juve have a young CMF by the name of Bouy I believe, who is better than Pogba and so what's next for Paul? He will be shunted I imagine, maybe a few loan spells here and there, all the while he can think that perhaps his career at United was going somewhere, but until we see it happen we know nothing for sure.

Position wise, Pogba always seemed similar in respect to Yaya Toure, a deep lying midfielder who also has attacking tendencies.

Bringing back Scholes was a double edged sword IMO, it was both the best ad worst thing Fergie could have done, but with a majority of fans across the world asking for a quick fix he was under pressure to provide one, it seems patience in the youth has worn thin from supporters who haven't seen the success of the "Fergie Fleglings" and the rebuild he put together from 2003 onwards, not to claim that there's a severe problem with bandwagon fans who don't understand Rome wasn't built in a day, but many of the fans who've only known success and haven't really taken a look into the story behind the success don't realise players like Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Nevilles and Ferdinands weren't always at th top of the pile in terms of position, they all had to be nurtered properly and allowed to grow.
To my point, bandwagon fans wanted a quick fix, Scholes provided that. IMO for football and morale reasons we should have given Anderson, Pogba and (before his injuries) Cleverely more game time.

It seems with the fact City and Barcahave over taken United domestically and continentallu respectively in the last 2-3 years that some have given in to the "money will buy you success" mentality which it shouldn't be the case! Montepellier, enough said.
Annoyingly I was speaking to a mate who supports United yesterday and he asked me this question, "how much do you think Barca paid for Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Pedro and Puyol? Because if we want to compete we need to be buying similar players to them" - could not believe he didn't know the reputation of La Masia and the players it's produced, and then to say we need to buy players! We can produce them ourselves if we trust in Fergie and stop calling out for the quick fix!

Sorry, my rant went from Pogba and his potential money grabbing to Bandwagon Fans not understanding the importance of youth in football, and I would have one back to how the papers aren't helping young players by blowing them out of proportion, Neymar is an example, Alexandre Pato another. Big potential players linked with Big Money moves because they get hyped, values rise, Egos rise.. Salaries rise, the big clubs get the big names, the future stars believe they deserve a slice of that money, and so it begins a cycle.

Rant Over.

Last edited:
Taylor just expressed my thoughts :D
What I want to add is that Juve has Giandonato, Marrone, Bouy and Rossi as young talents, not to mention their first team midfield players such as: Isla, Asamoah, Melo, Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal and Patienza... Damn, what a crowd! :D Pogba did a mistake. I remember how hard we struggled to get him and later Le Havre tried to punish us for signing him. They even tried to ban us from transfer market, just like Chelsea. Crazy thing that after all those battles he left us without any word... How ungrateful is he... Moreover, he would have bigger chance to play for our first team than in Juve as you can see.

The talented modfield Juve have, Pogba can learn more I guess at that club, as most of our midfielders are still young and learning, whereas they have experience as well as youth..

PS Gerd, the reason I apologised is because I didn't want you to think I was generalising all players and having a bias on players leaving, as well as the fact I respect your opinion on these things and like to read what you have to say, you make a lot of sense and know so much so it seemed rude not to apologise for not being clear :)

We also have experience in our midfield, in the players as Carrick, Fletcher (whom I omitted on purpose last time, because I don't think he'll recover as much as to play football again, which I think is very sad...), Giggs and of course our midfield maestro - Scholes... I don't think that this move was right for Pogba, because he's too young and could have problems in accomodation in new country.

Frankly, I'm bitter towards Pogba not only because his decision, but also I'm sad that we have lost big talent. I'm watching now UEFA Euro u-19 Cup, in which Pogba is the captain of French National Team. Yesterday, he smashed Serbian midfield, scored one from penalty and assisted one from FK. He's great free kick and penalty taker, has great vision and he's really great in tackling. Typical defensive playmaker. But he's arogant, in some way and aggresive. Judging from his character, he remainds me of Mario Balotelli (maybe I'm a little bit too harsh).

To be fair, saying we've got Carrick is fine but Fletch, Giggs and Scholes shouldn't be enough to put someone off staying.

Fletch won't recover and Giggsy/Scholesy aren't permanent features/will be gone soonish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom