Official GTA: SA Thread - (XBox & PC 7th June '05)

Re: Official GTA: San Andreas Thread - DVD5 Format

Ashed said:
Aren't there any other missions you can do? Do them first and it will probably trigger the garage missions again. Don't really remember. :D

Is the flying school the hardest thing ever or what? I barely got through the lessons. The bike school is so much easier...

Other way round for me!

I got all gold on flying school and scraped through bike school.

You really want to try to get all gold as you get some amazing rewards for it.

Yeah, I guess. I'm not so thrilled about the rewards of the bike school because I already have all the bikes before arriving in Las Venturas. I don't think I'll spend anymore time with the flying school, though. :D

Where did you get the NRG-500 from? I did the bike school all gold anyway but I am just curious where you can find it also.

Back in Los Santos. There are 2 parked in this parking lot building. You have go to the large sewer near the stadium behind your "hood," drive to the left until you come to a stop, on the right is a tunnel that will take you to the building. Once you exit the tunnel, you'll arrive in an alley, keep on going until you reach the main road, on the right is the building.

Did you get all gold in the driving school? How's the Hotknife, is it worth getting?

Yea, I did. The HotKnife is quite nice but I prefer the Bullet. You can't mod the HK either. But it's still nice to have it, the machine sounds great.

Yeah, I love the Hotknife. It's great when you unlock these cars since they're always there in front of the school. :D

How did you beat the Burn and Lap? That's some tough shit.

Well, I just tried not to hit anything and be quick. It took some trials though. Oh, and when you reach the half I didn't continue where the arrow was pointing to, but I made an u-turn and just took the same route back the finish.

Well, spent a few hours on City Slicking and Burn and Lap and now I got all gold at the driving school. The Hotknife SUCKS... That wasn't worth my time. :D

Anyway, are there 2 versions of the FCR-900? There's the cool looking one that looks similar to the PCR-600 and I have this other one that has a round headlight with just one exhaust. :confused:

there are two versions of almost all cars and bikes.

cars have normal and cabrio versions and bikes usually have racing and drag version (at least those 600 and 900cc models)

some cars also have slight differences like with or without spoiler,...

kEL said:
Well, I just tried not to hit anything and be quick. It took some trials though. Oh, and when you reach the half I didn't continue where the arrow was pointing to, but I made an u-turn and just took the same route back the finish.
Youre talking about city slicking arent you kEL? I found the car so poor to use, granted its fast, but the handling was dreadful!

Slicking? I thought it was the last lesson in the driving school, no? I don't know the titles anymore, messed up, sorry.

Can anyone help me on the Just Business mission? I just seem to get blown up everytime when I am on the back of the bike, don't know what I am doin wrong.

Butatista said:
Can anyone help me on the Just Business mission? I just seem to get blown up everytime when I am on the back of the bike, don't know what I am doin wrong.
Soz man but just aiming better is the only advice i can give :) Try letting go of the trigger while aiming, then firing, it sounds simple but when i tried that i got a lot further.

This game is massive, i had a 3 hour sesh last night and the amount of things you can do is frightening.

One of the hardest things i've ever done in a game was drive up to the top of Mount Chilliad, with a 4-star wanted level from the bottom... took me ages! :D Worth it though for driving off the other side and seeing all the coppers fall to their death while you get the parachute out!

Butatista said:

Don't bother shooting the vans/cars. Concentrate on the bikes. Make sure you shoot the people on the bikes, rather than riddle the bike itself with bullets.

proximus said:
Worth it though for driving off the other side and seeing all the coppers fall to their death while you get the parachute out!
How do get the parachute? Can you get it permanently? I know there is one on top of that tall building but what a pain in the ass going there all the time.

gunnerglory said:
How do get the parachute? Can you get it permanently? I know there is one on top of that tall building but what a pain in the ass going there all the time.

What I've done Done Dermot, is I've bought a real parachute and just wear it when I play the game. and any time I jump off something tall I just release the parachute in my front room. It knocks over all the cups off the table and paintings off the wall and takes an hour to repack but its an excellent compliment to the game I'm sure you'll agree.

gunnerglory said:

You can't. The closest thing to it would be to get a pilots license. When you get this, every plane you get into automatically equips you with a parachute. I assume you could then exit the plane while keeping the parachute.

Nup, only place i've seen the Parachute pick-em-up is on the top of Mount Chilliad!..

Press circle to open when in flight (well, drop)

proximus said:
Nup, only place i've seen the Parachute pick-em-up is on the top of Mount Chilliad!..

Press circle to open when in flight (well, drop)

i can only second that.which buildings i can jump off?

I Completed the game today

the last mission is a bastard

it only took me 3 trys but the amount of stuff u have to do is unreal, i can see people really struggling on that.

this is how the last level goes i wont spoil it just saying what kind of stuff u do

shoot your way to the top of a 4 floor building
fight a "boss"
work your way back down shooting and putting out fires with a time limit
a car chase
another little chase for another thing
then you do a shooting thing where u are the passenger (like the terminator thing earlier)

Now that is just for 1 mission and if i wasnt good at the game i would have been stuck for ages on it

I did it with the first try but it was very, very close. My health was almost 0, both CJ health in the building as car health at the chase.

I'm doing the territory bit, but everytime i try and start a gang war i get about three warrant stars straight away and so am fighting the police as well as the other gang, any help on this would be greatly appreaciated!?!?!? :(

Woh, engage some of your homies and take them to the hood you want to invade. Kill at least three enemy gang members which will cause a gang war. I never had the problem with the police, at maximum if there was a officer I got one star but not three. Don't kill him, let your gang take care of that. You care about the enemy. And during the fight then your star will be gone after some time. Even if the star remains, in a gang war there won't come any police. Only you and the other gang. No citizens.

ok cheers kEL, i'll try taking some members, but i have to say they are useless . . . and if i dont kill the officer i get busted or killed by him :(

Well, then just run away from the cop if you want to do it alone. After some time the star is gone and the war should start where you can take them all out without any policemen disturbing you.

Back
Top Bottom