NFL Thread

JETS JETS JETS. Unbelievable, they are going to the dance. First we maul the Raiders on Sunday then do a repeat of '02 on the Colts on the way to the Lombardi. Last year a 4-12 debacle, this year Cinderella story Superbowl favorites.

I wish I knew what that meant. :lol:

I wish I understood the game most people seem to be drunk after the 1 half of the match is it 30 min. breaks between 2 halfs

What a disappointment. If you'd have said before the game we'd hold Peyton Manning without a touchdown I would have said we'd go on to win. Why did we abandon the run so quickly with Jamal picking up nearly 5 yards a carry?

McNair has to take some of the flak, he was brought in to win us this kind of game and at no time did it look like he could do that - I had to check we weren't back to having no. 7 under center by the time the third quarter rolled around.

But Billick has to take the majority of the blame - I think it's time for him to move on now. His third down playbook seems to consist exclusively of a WR screen to Clayton and play-action to Todd Heap in the seam. That isn't going to get it done in the playoffs where you will be up against 3rd and long a good percentage of the time. Eight years of the same offensive playbook is too long, it's time for a fresh offensive mind who can utilise the speed of Clayton and the savvy of Mason a lot better.

Fair play to Indy though - they had some luck (two Vinatieri rebounds, Dallas Clark's miracle catch in the 4th quarter, Ray Lewis preventing two interceptions) but their O-line killed our pass rush all game and they schemed us pretty well defensively.

I have a sneaky feeling the Superbowl trophy will be lifted by a certain T. Brady however...

In the cold light of day though as my first message in the thread was...

Can see my beloved Ravens struggling again this season, not convinced by the acquisition of McNair (although surely he'll show more poise than Boller in the redzone) and this might be the season Jamal shows just how much prison took out of him. 0-8 on the road was a killer last year, but I think we'll only improve as far as 7-9 and Billick will be gone next offseason.

...perhaps I'm being a bit hard on the coach :)

In the cold light of day though as my first message in the thread was...

...perhaps I'm being a bit hard on the coach :)

bing,
Im reading a fantastic book by john Feinstein, called "Next Man Up"
he was allowed complete acces to the Ravens team, players, coaches, and all meetings, to write a book about a season with the ravens. I have been reading it non-stop. Get it man, you wont be dissapointed.

bing,
Im reading a fantastic book by john Feinstein, called "Next Man Up"
he was allowed complete acces to the Ravens team, players, coaches, and all meetings, to write a book about a season with the ravens. I have been reading it non-stop. Get it man, you wont be dissapointed.

Cheers for the tip csaunders, it's hard to get a handle on some of this stuff living in England! Which season is it based on?

Great games both, till the Saint revival went cold, the Reggie Bush TD though, flat out speed, Urlacher is faster than Chicago's safeties, I can Peyton, if he holds his nerve; having fun throwing deep.

2nd game, think the Colts deserved it, the Pats v Colts again, will be good to see Manning there and Tony Dungy, being a Raiders fan (woot first round draft pick) I always side with the AFC team, so go Colts.

Bitterness aside, I fancy the Colts to win pretty comfortably - if they can get a lead and the Bears have to give the ball to Grossman you'd fancy him to melt down. Harrison and Wayne wont drop crunch catches like the Saints did either. Colts by 14 would be my pick.

What a shame the Pats - Colts game wasn't the Super Bowl.

Well after an exciting opening the Super Bowl went pretty much the way everyone predicted - Colts get in front, Grossman cant do anything, Colts win. They should rename the AFC Championship game the Super Bowl, truth is all of the top 4 seeds in the AFC would have beaten the Bears. It's a shame the Saints didn't make it, at least it might have been a bit of a shootout.

Well after an exciting opening the Super Bowl went pretty much the way everyone predicted - Colts get in front, Grossman cant do anything, Colts win. They should rename the AFC Championship game the Super Bowl, truth is all of the top 4 seeds in the AFC would have beaten the Bears. It's a shame the Saints didn't make it, at least it might have been a bit of a shootout.

nah mate, about 10 years ago, the NFC had won like 10/12 superbowls... what comes around goes around...

Schedules are out!

Code:
DATE     OPPONENT     PLACE TIME
Mon. Sep. 10    at Cincinnati Bengals    
Sun. Sep. 16    NEW YORK JETS    
Sun. Sep. 23    ARIZONA CARDINALS   
Sun. Sep. 30    at Cleveland Browns 
Sun. Oct. 7     at San Francisco 49ers  
Sun. Oct. 14    ST. LOUIS RAMS    
Sun. Oct. 21    at Buffalo Bills   
Sun. Oct. 28    BYE
Mon. Nov. 5     at Pittsburgh Steelers   
Sun. Nov. 11*   CINCINNATI BENGALS  
Sun. Nov. 18*   CLEVELAND BROWNS   
Sun. Nov. 25*   at San Diego Chargers    
Mon. Dec. 3     NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS    
Sun. Dec. 9*    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS    
Sun. Dec. 16*   at Miami Dolphins  
Sun. Dec. 23    at Seattle Seahawks  
Sun. Dec. 30*   PITTSBURGH STEELERS    

Home Games in CAPS
:shock: I think we missed the boat last year, it's going to be a long road to January with that schedule...

Schedules are out!

Code:
DATE     OPPONENT     PLACE TIME
Mon. Sep. 10    at Cincinnati Bengals    
Sun. Sep. 16    NEW YORK JETS    
Sun. Sep. 23    ARIZONA CARDINALS   
Sun. Sep. 30    at Cleveland Browns 
Sun. Oct. 7     at San Francisco 49ers  
Sun. Oct. 14    ST. LOUIS RAMS    
Sun. Oct. 21    at Buffalo Bills   
Sun. Oct. 28    BYE
Mon. Nov. 5     at Pittsburgh Steelers   
Sun. Nov. 11*   CINCINNATI BENGALS  
Sun. Nov. 18*   CLEVELAND BROWNS   
Sun. Nov. 25*   at San Diego Chargers    
Mon. Dec. 3     NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS    
Sun. Dec. 9*    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS    
Sun. Dec. 16*   at Miami Dolphins  
Sun. Dec. 23    at Seattle Seahawks  
Sun. Dec. 30*   PITTSBURGH STEELERS    

Home Games in CAPS
:shock: I think we missed the boat last year, it's going to be a long road to January with that schedule...

at first look, that looks pretty easy...especially right here

ARIZONA CARDINALS
Sun. Sep. 30 at Cleveland Browns
Sun. Oct. 7 at San Francisco 49ers
Sun. Oct. 14 ST. LOUIS RAMS
Sun. Oct. 21 at Buffalo Bills
Sun. Oct. 28 BYE
Mon. Nov. 5 at Pittsburgh Steelers

althought this is tough

Sun. Nov. 25* at San Diego Chargers
Mon. Dec. 3 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Sun. Dec. 9* INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

at first look, that looks pretty easy...especially right here

ARIZONA CARDINALS
Sun. Sep. 30 at Cleveland Browns
Sun. Oct. 7 at San Francisco 49ers
Sun. Oct. 14 ST. LOUIS RAMS
Sun. Oct. 21 at Buffalo Bills
Sun. Oct. 28 BYE
Mon. Nov. 5 at Pittsburgh Steelers

althought this is tough

Sun. Nov. 25* at San Diego Chargers
Mon. Dec. 3 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Sun. Dec. 9* INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

At Seattle will be tough, you're right about that early-middle run though (I'm still hung up on Chargers-Pats-Colts!), but I think the Bengals will be hard on our heels this year given their run in.

Time to dust off the thread! Any predictions guys?

I reckon 10-6 for my Ravens this year, doesn't look like McGahee will be a huge upgrade over Jamal Lewis (especially with the O-line continuing to look poor in run blocking), the Steelers will be much tougher in the division, and McNair will get worn down quicker this year than last. On the plus side we have the 7th easiest run schedule and Mark Clayton could have a breakout year at WR, if as promised we see more 3-wide sets from Billick.

The defense will still be great even without Adalius Thomas, but it's another year on the clock for Ray Lewis & Ed Reed. To win the division will be no mean feat, if we manage that cant see us going too deep in the postseason.

Superbowl will be Patriots - Eagles (if McNabb stays healthy) and the Pats will come out on top.

Think the Pats will win too, depending on injuries of course, NFC, I aint so sure who will get to the Superbowl, they really have become the weak cousins the AFC were for almost a decade.

Just wish JaMarcus Russell would just fuck up and sign the greedy bassdrinker........

You say that Nick, but we aint going to a Saints. If the number 1 draft pick dont want to sign, fuck him, another shit year, we'll take the number 1 pick next year too, always been the problem with the Raiders, not had a decent QB since Jim Plunkett, and Kenny Stabler before him........

They have had so many great players and the key position, the one true nailed on, ya really need a bloke who can look at D's and open them up and win the game for ya, we just never had it, and I dont think Russell is good enough anyhow.

I reckon the Saints and Cowboys will get further than they did last year, I'm not sure who'll win the Superbowl.

Can't weigh the Russel thing up one minute he's buying a house in the hills the next it's don't count on him playing this season...Was going to catch a game for my BD this year, so I hope were not dead in the water buy then...

You say that Nick, but we aint going to a Saints. If the number 1 draft pick dont want to sign, fuck him, another shit year, we'll take the number 1 pick next year too, always been the problem with the Raiders, not had a decent QB since Jim Plunkett, and Kenny Stabler before him........

They have had so many great players and the key position, the one true nailed on, ya really need a bloke who can look at D's and open them up and win the game for ya, we just never had it, and I dont think Russell is good enough anyhow.

dude rich gannon was awesome... got you to a superbowl

Russell wants silly money to sign that contract, Oakland should just announce Culpepper as the starter and be done with it. He might not be the QB he used to be, but he's better than McCown and will be better than Russell this year. Then deal with the Russell situation further down the line.

dude rich gannon was awesome... got you to a superbowl

And then done what he was famous for................. CHOKED!

Rabbit caught in the headlights, I know the whole centre being bi-polar and on drugs didnt help, but really he choked, he had Jerry Rice and Tim Brown and couldnt hit either of them all day long.

Back
Top Bottom